/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.4 (5.5.1 IOSU delayed indefinitely)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New features for the currently relevant CFWs have been/are being added. Check their respective threads/changelogs.
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS.
-ReiNand now supports the original 3DS and FIRM protection.
-Preview2 release of NTR 3.4 exclusively for the New 3DS. It allows streaming to PC, among other things. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and removing tickets github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PSV
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

You can use FunKeyCIA (and/or other tools) to download 3DS eShop software using keys from 3ds.nfshost.com/
Check the Pastebin if you want to know more.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega3dsroms.blogspot.com
mega.nz/#!9QEUlTyR!VzvReW0GXF7obBGJ-wwYC6kX9jV3ANcfxaB2vUsBoz8
gbatemp.net/threads/release-funkeycia-make-good-cias-from-eshop-content-no-tickets-needed.423025/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/274205-mega-kirby-planet-robobot-jpn-runs-language.html#post411297
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Luma3DS)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bane?

first for CFW wars

reinand a shit, luna a best

Repost from last thread

I updated to the latest version of luma and my gba/dsi games stopped working, just a black screen when launched.

1st for aurora wright

The 3dsiso owner is a hack.

Have you installed it yet?

Can't install something I don't even have the link for, sadly.

Thank you for March donations.
For those if you who wish to support this project beyond being a standard user, you can make a donation to Nintendo 3DSISO by using the Donations Button below.

Total Donations to cover the April server costs 0% - 100 %

WHY DIDN'T YOU DONATE user

Confirming. There was a LOT of stupid drama behind the scenes across the entire iso network.

Someone pls, I want to play moemon

>updating just for a name change

Am I supposed to merge the 3ds folder from the luma zip with the 3ds folder in the root of my sd card?

Is it that difficult to understand where Homebrew files go?

Yes. It's like that so that you essentially can just drag and drop everything to your SD and it goes in the right place without you having to do anything.

no, im just following the guide. my best guess is that i do merge them like ive been doing with the other files

Did you even look inside the folder before asking? Know what a .3dsx is?

Where's my Kirby cia at

You did it!

I'm confused by the whole aureinand thing.

Shouldn't Rei have been happy that his name was included originally?

thanks,will do. just trying not to fuck up my 3ds is all

He's unhappy because, despite him open-sourcing his CFW, someone is modifying it in ways he doesn't like (some shit about adding extra "bulky" features and over-commenting code or whatever, some programming syntax that triggers him because he thinks they're bad practice)

stupid drama stems from stupid reasons

playing it now it's not even that good

Is it pretty much the same as triple deluxe?

Okay, but would you still provide us with a link, please?

The weird thing is Rei is not bad at coding, not at all, but his criticisms were inaccurate total bullshit. At this point Aurora has really tidied everything up.

Okay but now everyone thinks he's an idiot and his name has been removed from aurora's release.

Such is the life of an autist I guess

he's a baby who got mad when people like aurora more and more people use her cfw over his, so he had to make retarded false accusations against why aureinand is bad in some attempt to show he's a superior developer or something.

he's a fucking idiot.

>you bake 2 delicious cakes, perfectly moist and flavorful
>someone comes by, agrees that it's good, but thinks it would be better with some frosting
>they make a homemade frosting, slap it on only one cake nice and thick, the other is the original without frosting
>everyone comes over and only eats the cake with the frosting
>everyone compliments the guy who put the frosting on it even though they KNOW you're the one who made the cake
How would you feel?

Why would it be even remotely the same as Triple Deluxe? The whole point of this game is that it has Mechs

Who >cakes here?

The core gameplay I mean. Like unless you're in a mech 60% of the time and it changes gameplay dramatically, it seems very similar to TD

Can you scroll down in CIAngel when it finds more than 6 games?

Except the guy who made the cake is clearly credited, and his name is even written ON the cake. The guy is just being a whiny pissbaby that someone else came along and managed to improve his cake with their own touches, and more people like it.

>given a choice between a used car that requires some putting together and maintenance and a brand new car with all features perfectly set up and ready to go
>chooses the first one
why

>I release the recipe so other people can bake my cake
>Someone adds frosting
>That cake is now way more popular than mine
>that fucking faggot

>cakes

>IT HAS BEEN OVER THREE (3) HOURS SINCE 3DSISO WENT DOWN

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIND A COMPETENT WEBSITE ADMIN AND SERVER HOST

>requires maintenance
>implying that >cakes does not work at all
It's a working car that you can upgrade IF you wanted to

mega3dsroms.blogspot.com
>blogspot

Still relying on that cuck website

use 3dschaos

>implying that updates nearly as often
>implying that will have my fucking kirby cia

Rei's a good coder and definitely didn't get enough recognition for his work. However, the general public are dirty pirates and only care about the end product, and Aurora made the tool that people actually care about. Likewise, the same happened to the kernel exploit recognition for things like Gateway releasing 9.2 after ninjhax happened and Gateway also releasing 9.5+ emunand on n3ds shortly after Rei/mid-kid got the keys.

I feel bad for Rei, but at the same time I really do not like the way he is handling it, taking it out on Aurora and dragging the drama into public eyes. I think as outsiders we should just respect all of the CFW developers for putting in the hard work to develop tools.

I speak the same for SALT, to an extent: They've contributed a lot to exploit-searching, but I really do not like how they teased stuff without releasing it. At least they released the supermysterychunkhax exploit, but I wonder if that was a response to the general image the public saw them as.

Can someone put this under the stella glow undub cia link in the pastebin? It's a new game + save. I want the game to be as accessible as possible for those who don't like replaying games like me.

mega.nz/#!9QEUlTyR!VzvReW0GXF7obBGJ-wwYC6kX9jV3ANcfxaB2vUsBoz8

Well the funny thing is a month or two ago I tried to tell Rei why people still cling to rxTools and what they really want in a CFW these days and he was very dismissive. Aurora is precisely making what I told him happen, and obviously people love it.

"ReiNAND is a 3ds CFW, which is an acronym for KEKED FirmWare"

first for WHEN'S KIRBY

5 hours

Tell us more!

I don't understand how to use this ticket shit at all. Someone help please

If you don't want someone improving your software, don't release the source.

what program are you using, you can just download the .cia and it'll create a ticket for you with it

>what program are you using
I don't know. What should I be using

I'm assuming you were curious about FunKeyCIA since that's what the OP recommends.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-funkeycia-make-good-cias-from-eshop-content-no-tickets-needed.423025/

>flashcart is out for delivery
>tfw i'm finally going to be able to play twewy

If you're in the states, TWEWY is under 20 bucks on amazon

Wait what?.

where do you think you are son

kek

>DS games still look shit on n3ds

You know Desmume exists, right?

But emulating ds games isn't comfy at all

>be consumer
>have the choice to buy ability to fish or buy individual fish for about 1:1
>still doesn't know how to fish in 2016

Are you crazy, why the fuck would you play TWEWY on emulator when it requires so much stylus usage?

>not holding start when launching it
sure it may be small but at least it doesn't look like blurry shit

They look excellent on the XL.

Just use a tablet

Also, am I the only one that thinks portable gaming is incredibly uncomfy?

>playing while taking a huge dump
>uncomfy

>Also, am I the only one that thinks portable gaming is incredibly uncomfy?
Not the only one, but certainly in the minority.

What's different in NG+?

I hope all this maintenance will really mean a new update.

Make your fucking move already, Nintendo.

WHY DID NOONE TELL ME

It's just you.

Can someone explain the reading/playing vidya while pooping meme to me?

Pooping takes me like two minutes tops. I don't understand it at all.

you can do the same with gba games

>2 minutes
>not taking a hour

>meme
Shut the fuck up retard. Can't you speak like a normal human being?

>Doesn't savor the alone time
>Just sitting there
>Man and toilet

You get 9 free time slots instead of 3. It's impossible to max every character's affinity with just 3 slots.

Do they make one of these for the small n3ds?

>He doesn't have chronic constipation

Tragically no, but whereas the Cyber Grip kind of sucks for the XL, it actually feels pretty good on the small n3DS.

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/274205-mega-kirby-planet-robobot-jpn-runs-language.html#post411297

> Note: This game can run in every language!

IT'S HAPPENING

>he doesn't enjoy sitting in the bathroom for several minutes in his own fumes playing some good vidya

Website's back online.
Apparently the game has all the languages included, so Nintendo is purposefully holding back a release, AGAIN.

wut

Does it suck that much for N3DS XL?
I find it difficult to sit and just hold due to the weight of it and where I position my hands

aw shit here we go

No it's not THAT bad, I definitely still recommend it for XL considering the MHX one is out of production and a million bucks.

>linking to the post
>instead of linking to the download page directly
Why are you still trying to get people to login? Fuck off.

Did you forget to back up your bowels? You should probably double-check that before you try dumping anything.

it's only 3 days

There's no download link yet, you turbo autist.

>not using funkeycia

I think I just fucked up big time.

Got to the end of Section V of the arm9loaderhax installation guide, right?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Luma3DS)

And then, in some stupid brain fart, I accidentally rebooted instead of moving on to Section VI and now my 3DS doesn't boot up at all. I press the power button, the light glows for maybe half a second before going out.

Am I just totally bricked here?

stay salty :^)