youtube.com/watch?v=AAgVu8Ok0I4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post twitch retards

I wanna bust a fat nut all over zfg

de mini donuts

at this point it's more about who doesn't

>op pic choice
what's up wib

reminder to local record your runs and play that recording while you commentate over it when you are in a marathon.

it's time to put an end to this playing the game live and being too scared to use all the speed tricks because you can't reset.

does werster have williams syndrome
or is he just really fucking ugly

who here /suffering/?

probably, mike was just simplifying it down

Suffering from what?

just make the marathon into a youtube playlist of already commentated runs. you could even skip streaming it, so people can watch at their own pace!

you dont get to be my zelda freak gurl unless you can beat my hundo time sry

too busy to speedrun until MAYBE the end of the week

does srg roll deep?

I am worried about the safety of malos. Has anyone seen him in Squid's chat lately?

how can speech itself be bigoted

hes on an alt called shyguytd now

no...

I cant believe it

twitch
.tv/malos_

he's gone.

why

Yeah. He said he'll start streaming again on Wednesday (just got the anxiety meds and needs to wait a few days for them to kick in).

me

Of course he disappears to an alt without telling me. Fuck him. I don't care anymore.

rused

bout to bully the heck out of this kid

why did you namedrop me

ITT: chibi's cosplay past youtube.com/watch?v=AAgVu8Ok0I4

bully malos until he has an anxiety attack

dude this place fuckin sucks

(This post was made by FairHeadcrab.)

mad cause you got exposed malos?

honestly i could care less about someone's awkward teenage past. but the marathon, that shit is happening now. maximum yuks.

that horrible suburban mall lifestyle....when that was all you had...feelsbadman

so are agdq and sgdq shit on in here or naww?

security guards at my mall go ham on cosplayers

they are, but it's mostly criticism about how they are run and the "charities" they support.

If you want to discuss the marathons as they take place, hundreds of people from /v/ flood in at that point, so you can talk about them freely then.

>how they are run and the "charities" they support.
elaborate?

not sure what you hope to gain from an explanation. just lurk or post what you were going to post originally.

Togepi is now the official mascot of /srg/

>tfw watching pokemon rn

okay....
so are agdq and sgdq shit on in here or naww?

i came here to discuss whether gdq as a whole was good or bad and why/why not.

>tfw I'm the Lebron James of speedrunning

ultimately they are good, they're fun to attend but most people resent them because they don't have the comfy, home-like feel to them any longer.

the charity choice for agdq is questionable but sgqd is usually MSF which is pretty good.

overall, they're still alright but it's the cool thing to say you don't like what it's become etc.

the same games being played every event because they bring in donations is a valid criticism

it's always fishy when events like this prioritize making the most money possible over what the community wants

damn nigga now im feeling nostalgic

anyone have experience with making an autosplitter? having trouble finding out any indication my game is autosaving (fable tlc) though im well on the way to autosplitting and load removing

fw you will NEVER be a basketball player of speedrunning

didnt your malls kick 16 and unders out?

>another runner comes out of the closet
there's going to be so much banging at sgdq

Just find a random counter in the memory that pauses during load screens and have the timer pause when the counter isn't going up.

they seem to get more successful with every passing event so they're doing something right, they are after all now trying to turn it in to a business.

which you can argue is not in the 'spirit' of the old marathons but as if anyone would turn down the opportunity to make a solid amount of money for what's really minimal work

the games list for this sgdq is particularly meh after the beginning section though

>he's not excited for GLITCHLESS ocarina of time

lol...

I have a very strong grip. Is speedrunning my calling?

i've already found the physics engine framecount but it pauses in menus which isn't feasible for us since there's a very large amount of menuing time (like 5 minutes of menuing to dupe cash).

i've looked for a 0/1 flip during autosaving but it always pares down to nothing or something incorrect that looks correct.

i'll look for other counters that don't pause in the menu, thanks for the advice.

reminder that zfg unironically jerks off oot glitchless and says you can only appreciate it if you know how difficult it is

gripping a controller strongly can lead to hand/wrist pain and is not a good practice. what did you have in mind for a use of this skill?

well zfg jerks off a lot

i'd wager that most people would struggle to get an okay time in it without a decent amount of effort

it's not like it's trickless

>it's not like it's trickless

word. zsr doesn't ban power crouch stabbing because "you cant ban it."

not sure about src rules

it should probably be renamed to most games that have similar categories in the vein of no major glitches

it's arbitrary as fuck because of how some people define a "major glitch" but it's down to the running community most of the time who usually choose the most suitable balance between speed and not wanting to hang yourself (as much)

>a very large amount of menuing time
Try running a real speedgame

Who we watching?

shit dawg its like 3-5 minutes of a 100 minute run. i dont even run it though im just writing an autosplitter for friends

he says this in the context of others saying how fucking boring it is. he's saying the only way to not think this way is if you had some sort of particular appreciation for the run's tricks. autist

I know what you mean, but I disagree. The closest thing OoT has right now to NMG is "No IM/WW," but since it allows OoB, you can still skip 6 of the 8 dungeons.

Glitchless oot is very glitch-light in comparison to most NMGs. If we use aLttP as a reference, that game allows movement tech like spin speed, hook dash, hammer dash, etc. Glitchless OoT bans all this stuff (like superslides) outright, and those are not major or large skip glitches.

who is we?

sup yashi

~*~"we"~*~

Reminder that every game that uses in game time is a fucking joke.

>pauses game to go afk
>let's cutscenes play to go afk
>opens a different menu to pause clock
>rounds to nearest minute
>uses slow down time power to slow clock
>stares at ground to reduce lag
>causes lag to slow clock

>stares at ground to reduce lag
that's not exclusive to igt doe

you're generalizing and implying that pausing gives some sort of advantage

*posts irrelevant sonic video*

uhh did you not watch this???

Mega Man X5 uses in-game time, and it's a top-tier speed game, so your opinion is instantly invalidated.

it's true though. if you think it's an easy category, get a good time in it. i don't even run OOT but i'm sick of stream monsters who don't speedrun talking about how bad games/categories are.

nice retort, dipshit

that's because there are still tricks in it

how are you going to call something glitchless but leave pause buffered damage boosts in?

it's about as dumb as zfg defining 100% but leaving out maps and compass

droppin a fat mf word on this

it was trash before they switched over

>zfg defined 100%
lol

zfg didn't define hundo doe

He's half right. ZFG didn't produce the original definition, but he has consciously guided the development of the rules to make the route what he wants it to be.

>MMX after 3

I suppose SDA defined it originally, but he has autism grinded thousands of hours into it and has the most say of anybody to define it how he wants. No cow in house is a tragedy as well if I do say so myself.

fw I have never and will never financially support a streamer or marathon

when the whole squad turnt up

that's why you write a load remover instead of using igt

Name 5 million games that do this

>X1

you have nice moves wide anime

Other people shouldn't be allowed to add times under your name on speedrun.com. joke site

squiddy.....

*throws a fit and has admins name you anonymous because you're 10th on the leaderboard*

this is my post officially announcing i am quitting speedrunning for good to pursue my melee dreams

wording this, if you let people do this for times you didnt plan on submitting and then you are a nu male beta

squid its ok we know that you have a bad time in sm64
no one is going to judge you

...hello?

....... I like that jump!

*bird laughs*

agreed desu

*deletes time when it's no longer wr*
*bird laughs and flies above it all*