Steel Ocean /sog/ Admiral

Page 10 edition.

NEW PATCH INFO
steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/371918937255276960/

Current events (check in-game Events tab for details): SOON TO BE UPDATED.
- From Apr. 12 to Apr. 27, hitting 6 torps on enemy ships will get 90 merits.
- From Apr. 20 to Apr. 27, killing an enemy DD will give 4 VIP matches

> What is this?
Steel Ocean is a multiplayer arcade game focused about warships from World War 2 era.

> Steel Ocean Info
en.steelocean.vludus.com/Main_Page Any way I can play with (You)?
steamcommunity.com/groups/UnityThroughSterns
"NA clan: No Botes Allowed"
We have an active clan in the game. Find it on the fleet page and then click application button. Post IGN in thread to get accepted.
Also post a meme.

Germany: imgur.com/a/TDWY3
Burgers: imgur.com/a/Ze1j4
Japan: imgur.com/a/MzuNT
British: imgur.com/a/i3oFZ

>Commander calculator
An easy way to come up with commander setups without having to deal with the clunky UI. If you have any issues explain them in the thread.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RMoVpgNpWXK3bZ7FnVXf29416Y0L9j-4TmRbTaYO5OM/edit#gid=0

FREE TIER 5 DLC BB(HMS Repulse)
store.steampowered.com/app/430110/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
Launch from there, in game go to Claim, then Storage, Non Battle items, click 'use'

Events: (6pm-8pm PST)
Sunday: 5v5
Monday: Helena Overlord
Tuesday: Fleet Battles
Wednesday: Fap to botes
Thursday: 5v5
Friday: Helena Overlord
Saturday: Fleet Battles

Kantai Collection posting allowed.
Feel free to talk about botes here.
If you have any questions, post them in the thread or read the links.
Remember to love your botes.

Previous Admiral~!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4O85V5WJWc
youtu.be/FBYxPsvbEIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yodo!

Headpats

>see enemy team
>first thing in my head is "I have to kill fucking everything"

>WR is 36%
help me

>>WR is 36%
You might as well kill yourself right fucking now.

Jesus christ user, at least tell you have less than 100 matches played.

Please tell me that.

46 games played

Then it's nothing, just get better and don't get worse

You are fine then user, worry when you get to +1000 with less than 50%

Friendly reminder that there's "people" with over 3k games played and they're under 50%. They also want to be treated with respect.

literally lost all my games in U-2A and Farragut ahhhhhhhhh

>U-2A

I will always suggest new players to play other lines before playing subs, since a big part of the sub gameplay requires knowledge on how the other classes behave.

This game is essentially WoT SPG mode: the game. I can't believe it exists

Never play subs

>people that have 1k+ matches and go to tier 3
WHY
LITERALLY CANCER

ISFHYGDDT

Thank you for the bump /WoWsg/!

yw.

I'm still happy to see a small game that a tiny group of people enjoy. even if its a very bad game

I need my free 6 torpedo event

but it's a good game.

Don't mind him, the only people from /wowsg/ that has actually played this game dropped wows, that's a fact.

subs are almost impossible to do well in in the current glut of 5v5 matches

remove lafag

Don't forget FBs today. Hopefully the dirty normies will be able to make it

We'll see tomorrow

>Monday: Helena Overlord
>Friday: Helena Overlord

is there no more KTKM?

>Be logged for NA FB last week
>No one connected

Yeah, blame the normies.

Normies had shit to do so they didn't show up so yes, I do blame the normies

> NA
NA is old and busted EU is new Hotness

I faced a Helena in the EU TZ and KTKM in the NA TZ. The chance is random, CVs force Helena matchups.

hey guys, I'm new to CVs, how can I counter ships like the Wyoming and the Atlanta? their AA goes through all my 9 planes in seconds. can't even get close.

Drop the torps early or wiggle your planes. They arent a big problem unless you dont drop the torps in a single pass or they're in formation.

Also don't send the TBs leading, send a fighter squad or a single/double scout to lead the TBs, it helps to distract (and spot if smoke/no scouting ships) the target.

CLs in general are tricky to torp, since they have both good maneuverability and good AA, so I'd avoid them until you are confident with your drops, as for WHYo, you'll notice soon that most BBs are predictable, and when you get the hang of it you'll be dropping torps far from them.

thank you. I send 2 scouts first to find a guy (hopefully a big fat BB) and the 3 TBs right behind, unless someone else already saw him. Since fighters are more durable than Socuts, is it more viable to use them for strong AA enemies? and how do I use Dive bombers?

>how do I use Dive bombers?
you dont

Fighters can be used to get vision on a target for a longer period of time since they have more HP. On the downside, they're fairly blind so you gotta know where they are first.

>and how do I use Dive bombers?
You dont. Everything about them is awful. Go to manteinance and replace all your DBs with fighters or TBs.

understood. I've changed my loadout. but do Dive bombers just suck in general or do they get better once I reach Enterprise and higher? The Helldiver is one my favorite planes.

They are "useful" at high tiers. There's been some testing done with a Yorktown on a Tosa where the damage of a full DB squad was inferior to the TB counterpart, but the module damage was greatly better. Module damage doesn't have a really big of an impact on anything that's not a BB, and even so, before say T7 or 8, you'll want to torp most of the time.

Anu said that Midway's DBs are godtier, and as for me I haven't used the lexi's DBs since she has such horrible deck prep time, but I'll tell you that one of the first things I'll do with Essex is leading TBs with DBs and fighters to alpha BBs. I've tried that with BigE but with only 3 squads max at T7 it's quite risky compared to 4 squads at T8+

They suck at almost everything because:
1- RNG reliant
2- Commander reliant
3- Harder to land on small targets
4- Low damage with a decent chance of bouncing, compared to TBs which deal good damage and have a chance to mag them for even more damage
5- Even weaker than TBs to AA because they actually gotta reach the target instead of dropping their load 800m away. This also means that DBs can potentially deal even less damage due losses.

Ah, I see. That's a bit disappointing, but I guess I'll wait till I reach those high tiers for my helldiver fun. Thanks for the info guys.

np, if you have any questions about other ship types or nations just ask.

I think I'm going to re buy Aoba just for > fun

Have fun then.

>10

>Since fighters are more durable than Socuts, is it more viable to use them for strong AA enemies?
Fighters are your most important plane, scouts die way too easily and have a higher chance of dying before they even spot someone. You basically only use them for picket duty - not trying to spot but rather sending one and waiting for a passing enemy to shoot it so you know they're there (a fighter picket has smaller scout range so a savvy enemy can theoretically go around it without alerting you). And for economy - when you're spamming fighters for every job but can only bring 30, you can also add a couple scouts as lowpowered specialized fighters to go over that 30 hardcap.

Scouts are great for finding the enemy or sneaky DDs. But you are correct though in usage. They are great for getting periodic updates if not constant.

See you fags for EU FBs

Y-you too.

H A G U R O

Naptime bump.

I know it's completely unrelated, but the picture reminded me of what just happened to me on Naval Action

>be preparing myself for boarding on an enemy npc pirate
>board successful
>going to be a somewhat hard fight as we're both well prepared, but he has less crew
>fight going well, smaller npc pirate ship peppers me with some rounds, but stray rounds hit his ally
>ally catches fire
>I don't think much of it
>completely forget that he probably cannot send people to put the fire down, as he's being boarded
>fire spreads fast as fuck
>HUGE EXPLOSION SHIP PARTS THROWN OFF EVERYWHERE OH GOD
>his ship BTFO taking me with him
>lost the mission

worried laughter.jpg

ded

laforey or yugumo?

Lafo if you wanto to win, yuugumo if you want a daughteru.

A tough choice, user.

Daughteru is best.

senkan

FBs soon!

I had enough for a lafagoy, but I went for Yodo.

FBs now get in here faggots

Bump!
FBs are on!

GET IN HERE AND HAVE SOME FUN. FBs ON NOW

stop being so ded EU

>Lafo if you wanto to win

you sound like a disgusting tryhard :^)

>not the tryhard option

>Being a tryhard

Comfy casual player here, I just hop on for some fun and then get off. :^)

>3CVs

dutch get out

At least we got our two wins.

sounds like they came with ten losses

N-no.

We did fine

Tone is too lewd.

>mfw getting the torpedos in at point blank range
youtube.com/watch?v=q4O85V5WJWc

Who? My highest tier is 5. I let down the tryhards by being too casual. ;_;

youtu.be/FBYxPsvbEIg

I don't know what to do now

>2 AA

I don't care my bote harem is complete

We all enjoy our separate tastes.

Becoming the tryhard is the only way.

But user, I'm so casual I still don't understand commander shit despite reading the info pictures.

Why don't my teams want to win??

What.

Playing is hard.

C- Carry me up a tier and I'll play with you!

In my defense, commanders weren't explained well in the tutorial for SO well at all.

No they weren't.
But we are here for you to answer any questions you may have.

>C- Carry me up a tier and I'll play with you!
I usuaklly play t7 actually, but I've been stuck my only t6 for a couple matches now because every time it's a team like that one..

Carry me up two tiers, then. :^)

>Two tiers

what do I have to do man

play t7 with me

Do it. You scared?

perform the tryhard ritual, sacrifice a goat and you'll get air support

No. Just can't be assed.

p- pls

I'm not that guy who are asking. I just showed up for fleet battles.

DAMMIT EU

Forgot obligatory stern pic

Why don't you stack with other anons