Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Falling off the Board Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for making a new modding FAQ, shitpost and contribute here: public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>page ten
Well that was fast

>Need more dragon hearts but the farming souls for a resurrection stone is slow as fuck
>Heard of a bee that spawns an dragon
God fucking damn these things are slow, is there a way to speed them up?

>that Matter Overdrive/TCon error I mentioned last thread is entirely because of Tinker Tweaks
God, here's hoping this last "finalizing update" fixed that shit.

doubtful

Refined relocation or logistics pipes?

I want! how do I get?

man it's pretty all things considered.

I want to visit

Yeah, definitely put too much hope into that one. Figured out that it was the tool restriction thing freaking out, though.

Will 1.8 seeds work when creating a 1.9.2 game?
Will I lose any features or anything? Not entirely clear on how seeds work.
Also, why do some have a - in front of the numbers?

I have a realms server.

post names for a chance for invite and lets build some shit.

lol

?

Wow, this really is the deadest general.

>haven't played MC in forever
>start up a new game, find a really cool secluded spot (pic related)
>plant trees all around the place to hide everything even though it's in single player
>build a house
>looks like a tumor, but I don't have the stuff to make it pretty yet
>need food, dig into side of the mountain and make an underground farm
>need place to put portal, another hole in the mountain
>realize that eventually I'm going to want big pens of animals (I've still yet to encounter a single sheep. Thankfully spawn's not too far) and a bigger, more organized farm, and so on
>secluded area is a bit of a pain to enter and leave, and surrounding it is a river, some hills, a forest, and a desert
>no place to expand or put anything really
There's no good building within a map's distance in any direction. Should I do my best with this limited space? Completely destroy the surrounding area to make room for future developments? Or just travel until I find some relatively flat lands that aren't desert?

forgot pic fml

modded minecraft is the most relaxing grindfest i've ever experienced.

Really?

Because I'm going mad trying to design a several hundred block structure, to both look good and be functional, for all my magical mods.

The thread is going to die again you fags, post something.

Oblivion frame.

Alternately, a computer running OpenBee.

ok

>Requires proven frame
>Killed a villager that sold one yesterday
Just fuck my shit up

LP is objectively more capable.

RR is nice if all you want to do is organize your storage, and maybe have some simple transport pipes.

just dumping random screenshots now, from top to bottom of my many instances.
so that means 1.2.5 first

bloody useless tungsten i wonder what plans they ever had in store for you.

In fact, I found a little RR setup in my screenshots folder.

The barrels and diamond chests are all RR sorting variants. Anything piped into the chests is automatically sorted into the barrels.

thanks for that, i'll give it a shot

ooh, this actually makes me want to build a thaumcraft base that isn't just a room filled to the brim with jars and jar golems

thanks for posting these

Thank you screenshot poster user(s?)

>can't find a good pic of those cliff cities in South America or wherever
Build into those cliffs nigga. As for above ground farms, make a terrace on top of the cliff and plant there.
>or maybe I'm too used to dwarf fortress now and you really should just move to a new place

just one user for the last couple.
I got distracted by automating livingrock+wood.
have what I think is identical programs between my test world and live world but the live factory isn't breaking the blocks. I'll figure it out.

>tfw too lazy too automate that shit
I just make it in batches of 64 and call it good

that's funny, I'm the opposite. its something that's repetitive and I'll probably need a lot so I'm gonna automate it so I can be lazy in the future.

>I got distracted by automating livingrock+wood.

Great, now do it using only vanilla and Botania mechanics!

You could do it with one of those breaking lenses, a redstone spreader, a vanilla redstone clock, and rannicarpus but it would big and ugly as sin

meh, I'll think about it if this factory keeps giving me issues. just threw a ticking memory crash, probably the output looping infinitely.

Is it me, or do TCon throwing knifes do more damage further they fly?

Friend got me back into minecraft recently. I was just coming out of a /dfg/ relapse so naturally I now have a desire to go full moleperson and live underground.
>want large mountains with shitloads of ravines to build a dwarf fortress level of autism style of mountain home into
>my rig is not worthy for the massive world height of amplified
>the relevant customized presets either lag the shit out of my computer like amplified or are riddled with weird ass spires
>if I touch the custom settings it just looks weird
I would set the biome settings to extreme hills+ but I don't want the whole world to be one biome type.
How should I proceed to get my mountains?
Alternatively convince me to build a fuckhuge city/castle in some forgotten corner of a multiplayer server I played on back in 2012ish.

RTG has big-ass realistic mountains. At least a million times better than the spongy "mountains" that vanilla generates.

atg or rtg will give you fuckhuge mountains.
however in my experience, both will utterly lavafuck the nether and turn caves into basically the nether--hollow tubes of lava, floating lakes, walls of the shit. personally can't stand it because its impossible to navigate and tanks FPS, especially in hell.

doom/10

That's how projectiles work in minecraft
>had a world where meteorite spawning bugged out and covered most of the world in craters
>rather than start over I decided to rp as some sort of wizard who gave up his magical power to survive the demon apocalypse
>had to build back power to fight the gigganigga arch demon
Fun times

hmmm, rtg seems interesting. However it doesn't look like it's updated to 1.9.2. Gonna try it out anyways, thanks.

Putting a smeltery in my mob farm worked great, but what can I even do with this much ender jizz?

all the enderium you could ever want obviously for making a giant enderium cock and balls.

It's almost 3 in the morning and I can't be fucked to get it to work at this time.
>look up old server on game tracker
>lowest rating in the past month is still in the top 200
shit, they've really come a long way
>tfw could've became an admin back in 2012 but declined because although I was on a lot, I didn't want to have to deal with anyone's shit and just wanted to live out in my secluded castles far away.
>tfw the crushing sadness when I last connected a year or two ago for 5 minutes and realized they had reset the map
>tfw can't find any screenshots of my grand tower that spanned from bedrock to height build limit since they're probably on my laggy piece of shit ancient laptop

>get back into minecraft
>skin was reset to "alex" or whatever the fuck that new female skin is
>can't find old skins folder
>google up some skin repositories
>all these cringy self inserts
>all these cringy rp skins
>all these "modern" skins that look like they belong at a rave
>whatever, I'll just search for keywords
>surely medieval peasant should yield some good skins that would fit into the world of minecraft
>all these"peasant girl" skins that are dressed more like royalty
>all these "peasants" in chainmail/plate
>all these skins with swords/bows/quivers/other shit on the back that will just be covered by armor
>all these skins that look like babbys first paint project with the fill bucket
holy fuck I was not prepared for this

>he didn't make his own skin

>why make your own when there are a gorillion out there to choose from?
I'm giving heavy consideration to it now though since the selection is much shittier than I remember it being.

and now for something completely different. this is what happens when you fail to plan and try to do something with no sleep

Might as well post random screenshots then.

something of a 'before'

and an 'after'. I do want to try a mountain-home-bunker-launch facility like that again.

and now we get to the one pack I tried to make that was a failed fucking abortion, I started the next generation from scratch. at least it had a couple pretty landscapes.

RTG could easily be one of my top 5 mods

ᵐᵒᵒ

>it's just a baby cow

if you want i can try to make a player skin inspired by a Strife sprite

so, civilian? the barman should look fine too

that's it. on to something i have more nice memories of