/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General 3d edition

3d edition
>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
[YouTube] Marvel Avengers Academy: Launch Trailer (embed)

>Current event:
""The Guardians of the Galaxy have landed at Avengers Academy for a special limited-time event! Defeat Ronan and defend the world! Team up with Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and and many more in an all-new combat mode!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>TinyJew post a baby Groot video on their page
>comments section is just them getting shat on for making normal Groot so difficult to get
The schadenfreude is delicious

Can't this get modded?

>mfw someone on Reddit says the Groot bobblehead from the Orb Box isn't from the same set as the challenges.

GROOT IS NOT A THING YOU DO
IT'S A THING YOU ARE

Maybe we shouldn't use a lewd OP.

nick fury randomly gave me 5x power ups

This pic suck

So from what I can tell resetting doesn't change the reward from fights, just potential damage outcomes, how are you guys getting all party buffs from it?

I got it too. At first I thought TinyCo was going to kike us again, but then I saw that it only cost 250 purple shards, not crystals. It worked out great! My wasp is now 9/9. Too bad he didn't drop any 3rd slot skills.

It changes rewards for me. Or at least it used to

>f2p
>3 hit ronan6
>tried my first attack on ronan7
>estimate 6 fights total
Groot will me mine

>tfw want to sleep but can't until Tony and Rocket return from the Milano(which is actually a still parked on campus for some reason) so I can have them train
I don't even like Groot desu but I just want to get him for completion.

Are you attacking with different team comps and/or different targets?

Nope, same everything

Weird, I reset like 6 times in a row and kept getting the same Drax health powerup.

I just beat Ronan Rank 5.

If I don't open the game to get the return cutscene until I wake up, will the timer start at that point or will it have already been counting down?

Timer starts 1 hour after beating him, not when you watch the cut-scene, so he'll be at 24 - how long you slept.

I swear TinyCo put some sort of anti resetting shit in lately, every time I try a fight after a reset they're guaranteed the first hit and always a critical.

>tfw just blew a bunch of shards and brute forced my way through Ronan streak 7

I got impatient. I needed the tree. I might do the same for the bonus streak so I can spend the rest of the event farming conquerors and champions so I can finish challenge 3 and get everything I need to fully upgrade everybody.

They lurk the Reddit and can easily put in patches due to the Internet requirement.

How many shards did it take you and what was your team?

Took about 200 shards, and my team was 8/8/2 Gamora, 8/6/3 Nebula, 8/7/4 Wasp

What do we need for Yondu rank 5?

I just refunded the 75$ I used on the game and uninstalled it. Fucking done with this pay2win bullshit. Wrote a nasty review as well.

This used to be a good game but no longer.

A whole lot less than his rank 4,thats all I remember.

So Cap can't mine the crystals because of TinyCo "can-only-use-first-six-characters" policy?

No, because he's cap. I can use Kamala and falcon, but not Maria and not cap. And also no fighting characters

Star Lord is so qt, he really is a big hairy toddler like Rocket says

I haven't tried Kamala (it's hard to remember every character) but Falcon is one of the main6.
And I think Taskmaster or Ant-Man also can't mine.

I think I used taskmaster, but not sure anymore. Can check next time

>fury gives me a bunch of training for nearly nothing
Is there a catch or did TinyCo realise they were being bastards?

>5 upgrades when most characters need 8 to level up
>even if you level up the effect is barely visible
>upgrades for useless characters
They're still bastards, they just hope people forgot about Ronan buff already.

So to unlock Groot you need those two building?
I'm still trying to get that ship and get enough shards for Rocket, guess Groot is fucked.

Just... Got Groot, he's a cute tree. Get him if you can?

What?

How is leveling up characters after this event going to work? I have nearly everything I need for Gamora, Nebula and Drax level 3s but crystals and I need to save up to get Rocket tonight.

They said we've got about a month after the event wraps up to upgrade their ranks. I'm guessing that's just to cover the waiting time on the timed drops like the bandanas, knives, etc. I'm assuming if you don't have enough armours though, you're fucked

tinyjew apologists claim that because the groot bobble head is not apart of the challenge it isn't part of the set so you can't be mad/disappointed that you can't collect them all if you are f2p

>tinyjew apologists
The fact that they've done nothing to merit having apologists triggers me

I wish we could trade in the useless gold armors for purple

>3rd edition when there's been way more threads than that
>non game lewd image
>can't YouTube link properly

OP failed hard. Let this thread die and start over?

3d=/=3rd

>3rd

>HYDRA grunts datamined for CW event

>Have to upgrade all my heros
>Have to defeat Ronan on more time for seals
>no med packs
>no orbs to fight chitauri for med packs and armors
>no crystals
>no time because life
>somehow still hope defeat 15 more champs for drax challenge

What am I

>Have to defeat Ronan on more time for seals
You have 2 days for that.
If you don't have med packs then let streak reset and just beat few weak Ronans for seals.

>all the skill levels will be reset

Good, those of us who trained should have ease with the next part then

>put loki, pepper, and black widow on a 2x/2x reward mission
>put gamora on drax's health
>stick around in app for a bit longer, doing a few more things

>come back in two and a half hours
>loki, pepper, and black widow aren't doing anything, and their board mission is now crystals reward
>gamora is training star lord's health

What the FUCK, Tinyco

Shit happens.
Few times I had orb rewards moving to another heroics after I dismissed the one with them.

Enjoy the new costumes with separated skills.

>he actually thinks we get to keep our skill levels

State of the Civil War updates

>Academy: prolly another shitfest like the GotG event
>MFF: BLACKED Order and Cuckbones instead of Zemo and Scarlet Witch
>MH: just team-ups
>LEGO Avengers: DLC that is already out for PS4 players
>MAA2: no one cares
>MPQ: lol

At least MAA is getting Songbird.

I'd pay to have Songbird in my Academy.

But where's Tigra?!

Thanks, thinking abouy reseting. Ronan is so buffed I can't defeat till tomorrow I think. Also, gives more crystals

Did they make Ronan stronger again or something?

I let my streak reset and I'm having more trouble with his level 4 form than I did the first time around, even though all my characters are stronger now...

>Caturday Event
>Tigra
>Hellcat
>White Tiger
>premium Black Cat
>boss Sabretooth

Me too

>no Moonstone bullying Songbird storyline

So I defeated streak 6 Ronan, and there's no option to mine, nor is there a countdown button. The fuck happened?

Just got groot as f2p. Don't give up.

Congrats, I'm still on streak 6 so I should hopefully make it...

Placeholder... (I hope)

What's the third challenge?
Not that I'm gonna get it, don't even have Gamora

Wait fury tempted me with upgrades earlier, but I clicked past it because it wanted blue crystals. Someone said it was a purple ones tho. Can I still get the upgrades?

30 Champion victories, it actually counts the victories you have before you unlock the challenge, too, though.

Check the shop.

still got 24 left fuuuu

>heal my A team to fight Ronan again
>forgot that I sent them on training right after the earlier battle
Fuuuck

I don't think I'll be able to send any of them to train during streak 7. My B squad keeps getting one hit by Ronan without doing much damage to him no matter how many times I reset it. Think I'm gonna have to farm a couple of med pots while burning up my small pots

kek.good idea user

Just got my last swear jar for rocket and realised I'm 10k crystals short for him because I spend them upgrading everything and everyone. What is a quickest way to get these crystals now? (Without paying)

Fighting champions and conquerors if your not mining.

>116k shards
>f2p
Somehow I just don't believe you.

trying so hard

I've got a 106k and I haven't paid for shit. git gud

4 L6 chitauri and you're fine, or if you fight Ronan, from the mine on higher level

How much stronger does Ronan get each next streak?

>no premium characters to upgrade
And the ad button pretty much gives it away.

Is there a point to completing the story event missions? like leveling up the club or whatever. The reward is so low and the mission takes away training time

Some upgrades are locked behind story missions. Like how you can't update the battle simulator till you do Gamora's upgrade quests. Upgraded buildings mean more tasks for them. You never know what will be the mvp quest for the next event. You might wish you had everything upgraded if there's an even better version of Pepper's heroic next event.

Most the event missions will still be there post event, the only one really needed is the after upgrading gamora to upgrade the combat simulator.

>tfw I've been resetting my orb missions for 20 minutes now because apparently they've stopped giving me anything but 8-hour heroics

It's usually because you have buildings/characters occupied, so there's nothing else they can give you.

I have almost nothing occupied apart from the characters that are training.

Besides, that's bullshit anyway because the only non-event character that is currently occupied is Falcon, and I still get his 8-hour dancing mission all the time.

Is one of your event chars training in the lab?

They have pretty good analytics. Normies, even with some IAP have no chance of getting past Ronan 5 after the buff, and some were barely getting drax or rocket. They need as much of the people willing to pay, just barely unable to get the next thing, without paying a few shards.

If the difficulty is too hard, and people just give up or even worse, ragequit with a bad review, that hurts them.

The buff isn't that much, compared to what they did to Ronan. It also affects the people who didn't reset, and who use star lord and iron man on their team A more.
It's usually counterproductive to train on streak 6 and seven. Is one more point really going to make a difference anyways?

The blue chitauri are self sustaining as long as you have the orbs. Also, don't neglect mining when you have Ronan down.

Nope.

If I reset Ronan after streak 5 will the lower ones give me stuff for Groot?

Not enough. You need a 7, or two 6 + one 4.

Will I be fucked if I want to play this without putting money in?

What are the costs for rank 3 Rocket? Trying to work out if I have enough shit

Groot needs 17 bird seed and 64 kree seals. Getting through a streak 7 is really the easiest option if you've been at all stingy with med packs.

Can you live Zen? Free from want? If so, you can play freely. If not, then don't bother.

If you actually want to compete in events like this one and unlock everything, yes, very.

If you just want to play it casually and you don't mind missing out on a lot of characters, it's perfectly playable for free.

No, f2p can complete all events. You just won't get all the premium stuff.