pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/h1etMh8E
>Essential PC mods
pastebin.com/XwL5KDhB
>DSCM - manually connect to specific players
[YouTube] DSCM - Dark Souls Connectivity Mod - Major update, manually connect to specific players - 2016-04-09

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>SL Meta Poll Results
strawpoll.me/7403169/r

1st for me

What did the new patch do exactly?

Post mujahideen.

Bumping my request because I'm an idiot and posted too late

nth for FUCK LOTHRIC KNIGHTS

>flynns ring doesn't even get 5% AR at sub30% and i need havel's ring to get there
it's like they pre-nerfed it
you'd need to be completely naked to get any noticable benefit

Is it out already?

Reposting:

...Anonymous
04/26/16(Tue)13:04:11 No.140120268
I wanted to do crossbow only run but they kinda fucked up crossbows. You can only carry 99 bolts. what do?

THE JIG IS UP GUYS

SHE FIGURED ME OUT

It's not out yet, but it's supposedly going to make NPC quests harder to fuck up. No balance changes, I think.

If only Bloodlust WA added actual bleed-buff.
It would fit my edgelord bleed build so well. Love the WA animation

Is anyone else already getting burned out of rolling new characters?

I think that the way the zones come one after another in this game made for a great first playthrough, because i felt like leveling up and going through the zones was very well balanced, but on subsequent playthroughs i already sigh at the thought of having to go through all the shit in mostly the same order again.

>you'd need to be completely naked to get any noticable benefit
That is correct.
AND you'd need a really light weapon.

buy all different kind of bolts

Is the stamina damage on kicks dependent on your weapon? It sounds weird but using a great mace lets me consistently kick away the great shield on Lothric knights in one kick, while with a straight sword it takes me 2.

I thought it was coming on the 25th

Did they decide to delay it to flip the switch on poise?

The only part about new playthroughs I don't like is having to run through Irithyll Dungeon. I can change the order somewhat, I just hate ever having to run through it to unlock Grand Archives

This is why we need CE

>crops half the image so we don't see he's using Estoc and Havel shield

nice one retard, could've just hidden the UI

>going through an area full of bleed monsters, to come across an area of poisonous monsters and ground, then an area of toxic ground with fucked up monsters, finishing up with lothric knights everywhere

Why the FUCK are the Abyss Snakes so loud?

Bloodborne syndrome, unfortunately. Just be glad there's no chalice dungeons to slog through in this game if you want to be a coopbro or PvP with the big boys.

I hate how your only options to deviate from the start are two endgame areas gated by the hardest boss in the game. What the fuck was Fromsoft thinking?

i'm only on my second run but yeah, I imagine DaS3 will exhaust its replay value faster than DaS1 due to its world layout
It's a shame, because it has so much potential for gimmick builds

I feel like the Dancer should get nerfed solely to encourage sequence breaking

it is pretty depressing that the only real 'sequence breaking' you can do, is killing Yhorm before Aldrich and killing the dragonslayer armor/dancer early.

not helped by the fact that if you break sequence you fuck quests up.

if you don't talk to onionman in disneyland, then he wont fight yhorm, even if you save his fat ass.

Sometimes it takes me one with a straightsword, sometimes two.

They must have a stamina bar after all I guess.

So which does /dsg/ think is the best magic type in Dark Souls 3? Miracles, sorceries or pyromancies? Why?

www.strawpoll.me/10053362

How do you beat Nameless King without a guide?

>hitting someone with ugs R1 second hit doesnt let you get the third hit
why is this game so shit

>have to do everything in a perfect order so npc questlines don't shit themselves

>can't get into the archives early

Does the password system work with red/purple summons? Please respond.

By not being retarded.

Can I wield the astora straight sword without the faith requirement?

By gitting gud?

I didn't use a guide and managed just fine after 3 or 4 tries

For low investment buffs, miracle

For high investment AOE damage, pyromancer

For high investment kamehameha's, sorceror.

I actually felt like DaS2 was easier to do new play-throughs.

Nope.

>dancer
>hardest boss

Really, user? Please tell me I misunderstood you.

>www.strawpoll.me/10053362
You roll and hit with your sword? Like come on nigga.

man I really wish DaS3 had the glasses/monocles from BB...

str build with dragonslayer armor's shield and heavy darksword
also thunder stoneplate ring and munch thunder bugs

you literally couldn't lose

>They must have a stamina bar after all I guess.
Yeah, it's definitely easier to do that if they've been spamming attacks, but what I meant was with the GM I can do it in one kick all the time.

>Implying I have the strength to use havelshield.

booty bothered much?

You can wield any weapon without meeting the requirements.

>played DaS2/DaS3/BB
>about to play DaS1 now
what should I expect?

>want to buy new CPU & mobo
>costs 350
end my suffering

It was, because you had multiple albeit terribly designed paths to go on
That changed in scholar of the first sin though when they placed petrified statues EVERYWHERE, forcing the player to go back and forth between areas and making early runs to specific late areas impossible

a good game

Please respond.

Disappointment.

It's my first time playing, but I just became Hollow. At first I didn't realize what was happening. Just figured it was a random free level or some shit. Then I got a bunch of other free levels now I'm Hollow and some woman was calling me her lord.

After I killed Pontiff or whatever his name was, then got the Profaned Greatsword, that same woman told me my "wife" was awaiting me in the Darkmoon tomb. I went them, stabbed her in the face, then everyone congratulated me. Whatever. Nothing has changed.
Suddenly I try kill Aldritch like 20 times in a row. Get my shit kicked in. So I decide to summon help.
>Unable to summon times 0398209382093850923850923850923
I looked up Hollowing after this because I'd never had this problem before, first time looking anything up, and it says that I can't summon people anymore or some shit?
Is that true?

I also tried putting my summon sign down, but it didn't appear.

What's going on?

I really hope you're just gonna use the twin axes and spin for eternity in pvp.

No bonfire warping until halfway through the game.

Deal with it.

get a job and stop playing dark souls

Fun, the 2nd half of the game is rushed, so don't expect anything magical

By dodging his attacks and hitting him after the attacks that look like a combo ender.

Second best dodging only to Bloodborne
Clunkiest movement otherwise in the series, somehow even more so than Dark Souls 2.

Visuals have aged decently, though.

Superior game design that will annoy you because you've been spoiled by the detrimental streamlining of the sequels

i was guna use storm curved sword but that could work too.

Hollowing has no effect on that sort of shit.

It only has an effect with Hollow infused weapons, and makes you look like a crispy zombie.

but that's not fun, why do something that isn't fun

HA HA
TIME FOR LOW LEVEL WIZARDRY

How do I actually start out as a pve caster? Started pyromancer because I want all the magics and have been using a raw hand-axe for a little, actually axing more than casting since I don't have the fp bar for it. Can I get by with a good enough weapon without raising strength or dex too high? I want to pump int/fth/att as hard as I can while trying to not go far beyond SL120. Short sword would only need one point in dex. If I infuse any weapon with raw, chaos or dark it should work out well enough for enemies on the way to bosses, right?

Fuck, how do I make a cute hexer that doesn't look like a tranny?

Do crabs stumble more easily if you hit them in the legs? It -seems- that way.

could it be that enemies stop dropping shit if you farm them too long?

I have been farming the Black Knight in the Perimeter for two days now, he used to drop his sword, shield and gloves regularily, also embers, but after dropping his helmet thrice, he stopped dropping shit all together, still no torso or boots.

In Dark Souls 1 you could skip most parts of pre-lordvessel and only go where there were items you wanted, and then choose where to go post-lordvessel, choosing where to go based on what items you wanted.
In Dark Souls 2 the game had 2 paths to choose from from the beginning, then 2 more unlockable ones, from which you could choose where to go based on what items you needed.
In Dark Souls 3 you have to follow a linear path until you get to the level with the items you need, or the branch-off with the level with the items you need.

Bump, need 2 summons for NG + Wolnir, in Australia. Regular signs ok or password is dsg

Yes you can.

pffffffftttttt I have no idea of what you're talking about, I haven't played the game HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Apparently if you're Hollow you have one less phantom slot, but I'm not sure how true that is since I don't fuck with the multiplayer.

A huge fucking mess with glimmers of potential hidden in the shit, also poise is god unlike every other game.

Raw
Astora
Straightsword

It will do you over for the entire game and more

It was easy unless your build required a post-King's Ring item. At that point you either farm 1m SM or you don't get your build's theme until all of the souls and then finally getting to Undead Crypt for the ring.

Making my Throne Watcher, Throne Defender and Velstadt builds was annoying simply because of how delayed that all is. At least here, getting the Dragonslayer Greataxe is "quick" as one example of what would otherwise be a late weapon

>Invade ion cathedral
>Host is one of the elevators rooms
>Curled in a corner, not moving
>A white phantom stands still in front of him, defending his master
>Drop hello carving
>No response
>Black crystal out
....Dark Souls, I guess?

Oh, really? Then my net must be shitting itself or some shit.

Posting dumb shit I've read today
>"No poise is what is hurting casters the most"

Help /dsg/. I cannot handle all of this mad. This is infinity+1 mad.

What offhand gives the best FP regen when you simplify it?

>B scaling
>meanwhile my MLGS has C scaling but +150 damage

this has to be bugged

>How do I actually start out as a pve caster?
As a predominantly offensive caster? You don't.

Magic is pretty good for utility though. A raw weapon and a weapon buff, or perseverance with replenishment for example.

They're all the same user.

they all give the same, so put it on something light like the ceastus, simple makes the damage garbage so it's purely for downtime in between fighting

>the jump in damage from a Raw+2 to Raw+4 Claymore
ITS LIKE SLICING THROUGH BUTTER.
I've taken out so many ganks now

Where's his explosive vest and turban?

A good game, flawed but very good.
Unfortunately during the last third of the game the level design goes to shit, it's an unfinished game unfortunately. Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins etc. are easily the worst areas in any souls game.

But the great thing about Dark Souls, something that is actually a somewhat subtle mechanic is that the world is very interconnected and therefore there is NO bonfire warping until later in the game, and also not between every single bonfire.

It's fantastic in my opinion
Want to get out of blighttown?
Well can't just warp to safety, you'll have to fucking climb out of this fucking shithole

It really helped with getting you immersed into the world in my opinion, and i would personally argue that a game with Bonfire warping isn't a true Dark Souls game.

Unfortunately the later games like Dark Souls 2 and Dark souls 3 are all designed in such a way that no bonfire warping would literally make you go mad since the world is not very interconnected

Oh, I read somewhere that it made a difference thanks. I'll throw it on this paint guardian sword then.

You described kind of a weird and cool setting that you invaded into, instead of killing the phantom and then slay the host hiding in the corner, you black crystal out like a nerd.

>get to lothric castle
>crit attack
>200 dmg

Whata fuc man, I cant kill these things like this. How do I play game?

How can I kill things fast pls respond

>raw claymore

you should have gotten a Flamberge instead, it's the best greatsword to raw infuse.

Find whatever weapon you want to use
Meet the Str/Dex requirements for it and stop there
Infuse it with Raw or Fire for the earlygame
Infuse it with Chaos or Dark for the endgame if you are going full pyro Int+Fth (cap those at 30/30)

You'll be totally fine

Always remember that it's perfectly reasonable to beat every boss in the game with no stats and a Raw weapon

Hurry up with the next video Vaati you fucking hack.

>tfw stuck on Nameless for 12 hours

Only upgrade level matters

Played through the game 4 times with melee-oriented builds. Decided to make my my first mage play through.

It took me 5 times to kill the crystal lizard in the tutorial. It's resistant to magic so I had to just wail on it with a Mail Breaker for so long that it went at risk for breaking. Never in my other playthroughs have I seen my weapon go to at risk.

I know I could of came back to fight it later, but it's just the principle of overcoming that challenge in the tutorial.

Mage OP.

>soul of cinder boss fight

jesus christ I can barely kill his first form, why does he need to reset his whole fucking health bar?

>Summoning on your first playthrough

There's your problem you fucking faglord

It's a bow, it obviously wouldn't scale exactly the same as a Greatsword. Even in DaS2, scaling wasn't simply "oh B is better than C" it depends on weapon and the base damage before scaling.

The Crystal Sage's Rapier, at +5 with A-rank Int scaling has a base of 150 magic, then +126 from 50 Int

Scaling is a percentage of base damage. Shit base damage = shit scaling.

>Ruining their bizarre fun
I think black cristalling out sometimes just completes the joke.