itch.io/jam/wi2016
itch.io/jam/wj2016
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/OPdWxZlDOimKcpI-KbOFmw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't post the source image please mothdan, we understand, just don't alright

Boku no kobold

what are you working on today son?

progress :)

Make that a game, and I'll buy it. Even if it's a visual novel.

Kobold x Dog tonguekissing scene!

Who is Dan?

Why do you guys care about a reposted Source image?

Bitbucket issue tracker is a cool way to keep track of features to add and bugs :D

banging out pixels brah

like the hipster trash you always raised me to be

>itch.io/jam/wi2016
fix this next time ok

so this is the power of source...

I want to FUCK that chocobo!

Nobody does, a few people like forcing that meme, just ignore it

Actual Waifu Jam Link:
itch.io/jam/wj2016

We're tired of it but he likes to reply to himself with the same images every thread.
Ignore and post progress.

why does game dev have to be so hard

i just want to make game

why is gm and unity so difficult

Whatever happened to the power of Unity 2D?

Whatever happened to it being "the future of indie"?

I just added a bit of wiggle to the tail, I think it looks less robotic now and way more natural.

That was very helpfull, thanks! :-)

>gm
>difficult

i could make a simple game pretty much my first day.

That was just Unity propaganda. Everyone knew from day one that Unity 2D is just Unity 3D forced to work in 2D, with even more contrivances than Unity 3D.

was fucking around with the mines behavior, and accidentally created this hell portal

(its spawning constant explosions)

>someone actually made this and thought it was a good idea to post!
Hahahahahahahaha!

Was it really so bad?
I kind of wanted to try experiencing the raw power of the legendary Unity 2D, but from toying around with it for a little while, it does feel clumsy and imprecise.

There's literally no reason to use it when there's other engines designed for 2D.

very cool. you could just make that dolphin face his velocity each frame, and save on animation. that way you can also randomize dolphin jump height/distance and it'll still look cool (rigidbody you spawn and push)

So why does one guy just keep posting this and replying to it over and over?

Once I tried making a pixel perfect platformer. The amount of hoops I had to jump and "fixes" I had to make were so daunting for such a simple task that I never even looked Unity in the face again

what's the flying thing?

Why go through all that work when there's a "pixel perfect" asset on the store? ;)

Don't be fooled. Unity is the only way to make a game. Whatever difficulty you're having, there's probably an item on the Unity Asset Store that you can use for free, even in a commercial game.

There are some miserable nodevs here that have nothing else better to do.

might b nice if you make a lineRenderer join up all those buoys for plebs like me. i hate racing tracks not being crystal clear when i'm going fast. could toggle in options if its too arcadey for you

>""""""one guy"""""""
No, it's everyone. Everyone is sick of your dogshit """""""work""""""", shitfam. Or should I call you Max?

The moment I realized that Unity 2D wasn't all it was cracked up to be was when my character was able to pass through collision boxes at random if his speed reached an arbitrary level that the engine couldn't handle consistently.

Can you fuck off with your meme quotes

Psst, wanna get rich?

Make Flappy Bird with Minecraft aesthetics

My name is Connolly. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Shitposter.

To be fair, that's an issue in general with non-continuous collision detection. Doesn't Unity allow you to enable continuous checking on a per-object basis?

Someone explain the "unity is the only way to make a game" meme. Is it parody shilling?

Aww, is little baby scared? You should be. Everyone can see you for who you are now. You're going down, just like rotate and googem.

> Whatever happened to it being "the future of indie"?
it accomplished it. 90% of indies are using unity now

Yeah, that was the same problem I seemed to be having. Unity just seemed to be fine with letting everything be a wee bit off from the measurements I gave and forces I applied, I guess because it really does not matter in 3D.

But when I'm trying to make of line of moving sprites or something, the difference between X position 1.00 and X position 1.01 can fuck up everything.

Add Pyglet to the Engines list next time

Of course, and the only way to restore balance is to deliver GodotParodyShilling(TM)

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/OPdWxZlDOimKcpI-KbOFmw/

Not him, but it does. Comically, if you go even more fasterer enough or apply additional, non-linear forces like torque, you'll still eventually pass through objects with that turned on.

You have to actually create your own collision via raycasts, seems like.

lmao, this is the level of expertise of people who shit talk unity...

raycast ahead and do predictive collision you codebabby

It's not a meme. It's the cold, hard, truth. Sorry if you're too much of a nodev to see that.

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

I ended up in an argument with someone at some point about god knows what, and I put down the fact that flappy bird is a game you could make in like 5 minutes.

Now mind you, I'm a shit programmer but I managed to do it in like 10 (because I wanted to put his face as the bird, and the background the room we were in).

Game memer is super easy. Wish I could do more GPU stuff with that thing for heavier effects and such though.

So it's fake CCD...

I made a mockup of the combat popup. This will appear any time you attack an enemy or an enemy attacks you. You and the enemy then choose an attack type. It's rock-paper-scissors so you can either win, lose, or tie in a battle.

does anyone know of a good webm converter for Mac?
lol

Yes, randomization would be nice, but do rigidbodys change rotation during flight? I imagine it would make a belly flopper/belly landing and not line up with the nose. I will try.

Its a helicopter landing on the ship, the lens flar is supposed to be a glare from the helicopter front window. When I find the time I might do a script that disables the glare when its not facing the player and make it smaller respective to the distance.

I was thinking about making something like pic related (swimming pool lines? I dont know what they are called) or just plain advertisement walls/boundaries.

What is the strategy of the enemy? Random? So it's a 1/3 win, 1/3 lost, 1/3 draw? 2016 and you have such a game mechanics?

>delusional weebs actually believe that Veeky Forums is still their own special neckbeard safehaven

ffmpeg

What is the best sprite creator? I'm gonna used Tiled to make my maps but it surprisingly doesn't have the functionality to create sprites

His idea is probably better than rolling a random number on dmg/crit/miss like most rpgs do.

A more realistic thing to do is to have smaller balls strung between the large, anchored buoys.

go fuck a plastic doll and leave us alone already
how many more boards can you contaminate?
im fucking sick of seeing little girls with big eyes everywhere, aren't you sick of it?

I think turning it only literally just makes the object check for collision twice as often per frame.

1. Illustrate in your favorite illustrator
2. Scale down to pixel level.
3. Clean up in ms paint.

just fucking report the derailing shit bags

WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN THE FUCKING POINT OF PUTTING A GOD DAMN ANIME REACTION IMAGE FOR EVERY SINGLE FUCKING RESPONSE YOU DO? YOU DON'T SEE THAT SHIT HAPPEN WITH ANYTHING FUCKING ELSE UNLESS YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE RP FAGGOTS

See the stream of downscaled placeholder bullets. SAVOR IT.

Literally what is the point of having prefabbed collision box interactions if you have to use raycasts to guarantee collision and proper interaction with slopes?

again, ignore them and report. Derailing general threads is against the rules. You have to talk about the topic in the thread. And they aren't even allowed to have an anime thread.

And can someone please suggest a sprite creator for me cause Game Maker's suck ass

Tell me, /agdg/

What were your absolute favourite or most helpful books for learning to dev? No matter what language or engine you like to use.

Fuck off with all your anime weeb waifu shit you faggots

Where's your game, anti-anime poster

>And can someone please suggest a sprite creator for me cause Game Maker's suck ass

Try AseSprite, it's quite cheap. If you don't want to pay anything, try Paint.net.

Aseprite, paint.net, gimp, paint.

SAUCE!!
looks like renge

for fucks sake just fucking report them, they'll all get banned eventually. Ignore and report.

thanks

It's far more common to see people derailing threads because someone uses an anime image appropriately, especially on /v/ and Veeky Forums.

This in particular seems like a false flag, too.

>THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING SIXTEEN
>READING BOOKS
>BOOKS ABOUT GAMES AT THAT THAT BECOME OUTDATED IN MONTHS

c++ primer

>paying for Aseprite

>being a scurvy sea dog

anime posters have a hard on for this thread.

great example, adds nothing but shitposting about books being bad, there are many great programming books for example

>Anime reaction image
You know what you fuck you so much. I am so fucking tired of coming to this website and seeing these gay fucking anime pictures. Just fucking stop it. If you want to post anime faggotry go to FUCKING /a/. You do realize that anime is a cartoon designed for children, right? You're probably too fucking autistic to even realize so there really no point in me explaining to you how much of a complete faggot you are. If anything it makes you look like a pedophile (which you probably are). Just fucking stop it man, it's embarrassing.

How should an AI prioritize targets in a turn based game? Should it target the closest unit, the most easily killed one (lowest health or something like that) or something else?

Game Engine Architecture
Game Coding Complete

It's free software m8
Just gotta compile it.

>shitposting about books being bad
is it really shitposting if it's true?

>coming to this website
Just fucking stop it.

>getting triggered by anime pictures on Veeky Forums of all places

Can't you people not Shitpost for one second? We went from d* shitposting to source shitposting to anime shitposting in less than half an hour

>Use aseprite from the ubuntu repos for a year and a half
>Like it, use it a lot
>decide to support devs, buy it
>Holy shit the newer version fixes a tonne of bugs for linux

I, for one, am not sorry I bought aseprite.
The only thing I could ask for now is filetype association, so I can click on my ase file and open it with aseprite.

I think different enemies should behave differently. Some prefer to go for the lowest health units, others pick arbitrarily, some attack based on odd criteria.

no, there are many legendary books out there, and you can even find the PDF for them quite easily