/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News

- Team Patrick has won the latest NA and EU Splatfest!
- Team Tuna Mayonnaise Onigiri has won the latest JP Splatest!
- Splatoon will have a festival named Gachibon at Nico Nico Super Conference's Ultra Music Festival on April 29th and 30th, including a tournament, a Bon Festival, and, on April 29th, a live performance by the Squid Sisters! For more details, see: pastebin.com/CyN4Kqxi

>FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

>Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

>Official NA Tumblr:
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

>Wiki:
- splatoonwiki.org/

>User Stats:
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

sorry for making the thread so early but i wanted to add the news and there's not much time until the actual festival so i had to make sure

Keep telling yourself that Calliefag

Sloshing Machine sucks.

It's an incomplete concept, and a broken weapon. Back when we knew it as the mystery 'BigBall_Launcher' it had 100 range; the same as the E-Litre. The Neo also had Sprinkler/Inkzooka instead of Point Sensor.

I feel like they had trouble balancing it, so they erred on the side of caution and toned it down a few too many notches with the intent to see how it goes and adjust/buff it in future at some point.

It needs more range. It's supposed to be an artillery mortar that shoots from afar, assists from the back, and reaches behind enemy cover. The thing has less than 4 lines of range. Right now it's just an awkward, gimmicky Slosher that has the sole niche of being good at hitting opponents that are far below you.

The Soda Slosher took away its kit's niches. There's no real reason to use it now until they buff it.

i'm sorry.
here is a picture of marie. i hope it is enough compensation.

>not wanting to be the dragonballs by using the sloshing machine and never using your special for the shiny hair
fuck off faggot go back to cawwadooty

>sloshing machine doesn't function like pipe bomb launcher

all i want is a bouncing blaster desu

Having hot sweaty sex with Marie!

Hot sweaty sex with Callie is better

I want to marry Callie

Soda slosheR

But does she want?

I would very much hope so

I want to have sex with Marie while Callie watches crying

Why come Mariefags are never nice?

Because she never gets a say in the matter the poor thing.

What an awful choice of OP image.

I would never want to marry her without both of our love and support

I would make slow sweet love to Marie while she is crying.

it's everyday with you, isn't it

It'll do

what's so bad about it?

You'd both be bachelors forever then.

I believe Marie's tear ducts dried up years ago.
In fact the confide of her mind that allowed her to be able to feel sadness did as well.

In Spla2n/SplatooNX would you like to have your inkling get a basic version of every weapon class (slosh,splat, roll, shoot and charge) in hero mode and when you launch multiplayer or should we stick to everybody learns on a solid shooter class weapon

so has anybody talked about this today?
can't be bothered to search the thread
is IAMUSORRY! proud?

Time/Space traveling splatfest when?

>You'd both be bachelors forever then.
???

It's not bad, just... boring. There are a multitude of more appealing choices, Callie or no Callie. The titlecard of the thread should be at least fairly eye-catching.
One of cuteanons pictures would've made a fitting fairwell.

Kinda did that with Past and Future?

>fairwell

how do you guys screencap stuff like this?

Farewell stairwell, I'm tired as fuck.

you can get better ones with a capture card but we just take screen shots by visiting Miiverse/Veeky Forums on our Wii U

Press the Home button while playing, open web browser, open Veeky Forums, choose to upload current screen shot

Or you could just not use the Sloshit Machine and not worry your dear little head about underdog weapons in my unbalanced Nintendo game.

>four tentacles
my dick

people said that about normal slosher and lookie here it got buffed. keep whining someone might be listening or you might not be alone

Disgusting

Do you care if the Sloshing Machine is bad? Would anybody lose sleep if it was removed from the game entirely? I don't think it has fans to rally.

please no

>four tentacles
My abject misunderstanding of how Inklings are supposed to work.

people said slosher was good enough as it was yet it was still buffed exactly as I suggested it would by either a fire rate buff or ink efficiency

But who cares about the Sloshing Machine?

SORRY no longer bothers with non discord plebs

it was deleted for a reason user

How unimpressive.

He doesn't bother with them either, now that he streams he plays exclusively with his viewers

look who the meme is now

Cup of piss or a Cup of jizz

no winning choice 2bh

All ten of them? All awed by the skills a Dynamo requires?

Human waste vs what every baby craves

He has well over 200 followers

I want to tease Callie about her obscure toilet fetish.

What are you giving babies jizz for user

but callie has the gokkun fetish

breast milk

Literally the worst meme ever to form in this thread. It doesn't even make sense.
I don't know, kill yourself.

i'd think that it'd do you some good to calm down

No, that's gross, don't be gross.

>cup of jizz
>what every baby craves
what's the number for cps

>breast milk
>posts a hips and ass gif
you're not very good at this, are you?

It's just our resident Octoposter making a fool of himself.

you got me I got midriff on the mind. Octo midriff

Octos pack shit tier midriffs.

maybe but they have bare midriffs

Octoposters are so annoying, I wish they would just leave

So it's nothing special if you see it all the time.

Post yfw Splat2n SP-campaign will be about leading the counter attack

Always remember to egao

Octopus isn't all bad

>Octavio was just in charge of one category of the Octarian army
>The real leader of the Octarians boasts a far grander and vaster and deadlier armada
>In order to fight back, Agents 1 and 2 return to the front lines, and recruit you to enlist more Agents
>Banzai horde mode where you and your friends fight together against waves of incoming Octarians

it would be cool if sheldon helped in someway or if you could play as him. he would be like an engineer in tf2

Ironically Sheldon can't use the weapons he builds. No ink sac.

>lamest cop out plot for a sequel of all time
please no

is that how squids get their ink in the game? i thought it was just magic

Because the story is already a masterfully crafted piece of literature, right? It just needs to be (and is going to be) a suitably cliche excuse plot, nothing more and nothing less.

They have an internal ink sac; you know, like a squid. The ink sac feeds to the ink tank which feeds to your weapon.
You play as an ink sponge essentially.

how did sheldons grandpappy fight in the war?

What would you suggest?

What is the 10/10 splatoon weapon

user, you should start to value the small things.

I don't think he did any fighting himself. He probably just made weapons for the living bioweapons to use, same as his descendant does now.

K :----D

People always talk about a horde mode, but that honestly doesn't sound very fun in Splatoon's engine. Fighting 1 on 1 Octolings who hop all over the fucking place is awkward enough, now imagine trying to fight 10 at once. Blegh.
The lorebuilding done by the Sunken Scrolls is neat, and the plot isn't too bad because there's little to no plot in the first place.
"They stole your power supplies, now go get 'em back, champ."
The idea that your enemy in the second game is just a bigger, badder version of your enemy in the first game has is not only a cop-out, but nonsensical as well. Nothing hints that there's anything "bigger and badder" beyond DJ Octavio.

why was he in the field tho?

Whichever one you think is 10/10.

>The idea that your enemy in the second game is just a bigger, badder version of your enemy in the first game has is not only a cop-out, but nonsensical as well.
Have you never played a Nintendo game before? That's the basis of all of their sequels that aren't even lazier and just use the same guy.

>Nothing hints that there's anything "bigger and badder" beyond DJ Octavio.
Nothing hints that there isn't either.

the thing i am grateful for is that nintendo will never take any of /ink/'s shit ideas seriously

>now imagine trying to fight 10 at once
With improved AI. And with friends.
And not just Octolings, but the allsorts Octarians as well.

>Nothing hints that there's anything "bigger and badder" beyond DJ Octavio
Doesn't need to be. Recycling the same villains and objectives as before would be a way bigger cop-out. You're supposed to do greater things in the sequel.
And it wouldn't be just a bigger Octavio.
It would be the Octopus King.
The giant monster you can hear roaring out from the depths of the kettle networks.

You bring your Engi to the front. They're supposed to fix shit.

Are you retarded?

He could also have used ink-tanks provided by the inklings.
Since one can fill a tank in less than 10 seconds without swimming in ink, it would make sense that they had own regiments for crabs, jellyfish and the like.

Except only a Squid can refill an ink tank because only they can turn into the ink itself.
Would they waste time having Squids on the sidelines refilling tanks for the support races to use to shoot for ten seconds? Support races that can't even swim or hide or climb so they're practically fucked in combat?

Russians sent in soldiers in teams of 2 people (where only one had a gun and/or only 5 bullets) in WWII. High casualties of course, but it's effective if you have the manpower or just need to get more time for the regular units to regroup.

>Have you never played a Nintendo game before? That's the basis of all of their sequels that aren't even lazier and just use the same guy.
Yes, but the difference is that those games don't try to build their own world. There is no Mario lore, unless you count something like Rosalina, but that didn't get recycled over and over again.
Splatoon has the potential to do great things with the world it already has. It shouldn't be settled on being squandered just because "it's a Nintendo game". Lame is lame, Nintendo or not, and a sequel should try to expand, not regress.
>With improved AI. And with friends.
I suppose. Splatoon's gameplay just feels a little, well, flimsy to me. It's hard to describe, so it's really nothing objective, but I can't imagine mowing down enemies being very satisfying. That's why Splatoon's run n' gun campaign works so well, because it backs up the AI combat with a healthy dose of platforming.
Well, they have a point. Nintendo can listen to their fanbase, but this small little corner of it doesn't have much of a voice.

That... really doesn't relate to giving a Lobster a paint gun they can't even fire.
Turf War is for Squids.

Yes spongebob was scum this splat fest Patrick is the real answere besides spongebob is piss yellow

Stepping on Callie's foot!

Expanding the lore into vaster armies to battle sounds like potential to me.
Alternatively, fuck Octopus, give us Nautilus to fight.

I'm talking about the war against the octarians, not Turf War in general.