/twg/ - Total War General

Sacking and pillaging edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to pre-order "Total War: WARHAMMER High King Edition" and a copy for your friends now.

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

>mfw Sauron accepts my invasion demand

>Lizardmen still not announced.

Battle of the Generals

Are Kurdish worth it, playing as lakhmids ? Or should I just stick to nubian archers ?

Kurdish what?

Nubians suck

>not single handedly taking Rohan as Isengard and keeping the immersion

morgul-rat tier desu

If you are poor and need bodies to throw at people.

Well its finally over. One thing is for sure is that raising troops can be done far too quickly. I mean, if you have a good enough economy then you can make 19 units of generals staff instantly.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING then the elves might stop bedding his wife

kurdish archers are far superior to nubian, nubians fucking suck

Best main menu

>get technology that upgrades my basic horsefuckers
>upkeep is now twice as much
Great! Now I need to make sure I don't lose any units of the old ones, because I can't afford to replace them.

samefag

Is TW 32 or 64bit?

we'll devour u m8

...naval? What is this next gen feature before my eyes?

New one is 64 bit I'm pretty sure.

But is it finally multi-thread?

why? is it not in the warhammer one? Not really into that.

Warhammer supposedly is.

Um? I don't know. Uhhh

I sure hope so. Because if it isn't then that means we'll still be playing 32bit TW in 2022 and perhaps beyond.

very subtle my friend

kek. New memes are flowing already and the game still hasn't come out yet.

Can't wait desu senpai.

its even worse for WRE at release because some of their "upgrades" were inferior to the previous version

Can we make a Goblin only army or would it be too hard?

I really hope we get a new engine sometime soon. I thought with Warhammer we would, but I guess not. Maybe they are using Warhammer to milk to last of Warscape to hopefully make something new. Maybe they can add all the bullshit from Warhammer as standard.

There's nothing wrong with TWE3 though.

playing elves in Third Age: TW, should I use my archers purely as skirmishers? I notcied their melee and defense values are actually pretty good

what mod? darth had annoying bugs and imperial splendor has the worst fucking lightning imaginable

>Why?
What?

64 bit. First TW game to have it. Also got new rendering method, new packing method and more optimised CPU/GPU balance meaning a powerful GPU can do its business now instead of relying on the CPU.

Hype for a smooth launch has risen dramatically desu.

>your faction is in game
>but without mechanics that made them awesome
>and with the shittiest lords possible

I guess I'll wait for DLC.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. I mean it could always be better. That's what I'm hoping for with the next Historical Title.

Who? idk

>playing Britain in Empire
Its like you hate fun

/r/ing the marching knights for ME2 TW as well in webm form.

I love that one, and the Attila one is really nice.

I need to find a way to make these wallpapers for my phone or PC.

>lightning

Yup. Remember to send them to the official TOTAL WAR: Warhammer twitter account to be in with a chance of exclusive pre-ordering opportunities.

Pls respond

I'd breed her desu. Anglo-Indians ahoy.

Hype is the first step. I have already taken it.

>talking about the grill
huh? I thought he meant the absolutely horrible terrain lighting

Orcs limited to 20 units per stack. Probably can't attack with more than two stacks per conflict.

It's just like in Shogun where I have like six stacks around the castle I want to fight, but they all can't come. I hate this. I'm not happy.

I'm probably doing it wrong as fuck.

Sorry I saw the qt avatar. Didn't read the text senpai.

If you look at the Orc previews and stuff there are goblin only armies, but I think only meant to be used early? I honestly don't know probably sounds like a fun challenge.

>Play peaceful England after I secure the Isles, France never starts shit because I have a huge garrison in Normandy governed by my king
>Send my heir on Crusade, he is a chivalrous knight
>Meanwhile milan has taken over all of italy and germany and france
>they declare war on me with a fuckton of troops and take normandy, killing my king
>retarded naval ai can't attack me on the isles
>rather than build a new army in the isles, I decide that my new king isn't going to live his entire life in the holy land
>while he is out fighting the mongols, I remove the garrison from Jerusalem
>it rebels, I come back and exterminate it
>I exterminate every city between me and milan, declaring war on everyone along the way
>I exterminate every last one of milan's cities, just letting them fall to rebels shortly after
>Milan's last few provinces are in southern italy
>the pope tells me to stop
>exterminate rome
>finish off milan
>march back to england
>he dies naturally just before the crossing
;_;7

What in the flying fuck do you want with 6 entire stacks?

No mods, just native. Did have an indian campaign going that went tits up, which lasted till 1815 with only a foothold in Europe. Not great. Realized their infantry is not up to scratch. Killed every thing by 1760 something and ended up making Ireland just to get the assasination achievements.

>Whenever I consider the origin of this war and the necessities of our position, I have a sure confidence that this day, and this union of yours, will be the beginning of freedom to the whole of /twg/. To all of us slavery is a thing unknown; there are no lands beyond us, and even the sea is not safe, menaced as we are by a /gsg/ fleet. And thus in war and battle, in which the brave find glory, even the coward will find safety. Former contests, in which, with varying fortune, the Autists were resisted, still left in us a last hope of succour, inasmuch as being the most renowned nation of /twg/, dwelling in the very heart of the country, and out of sight of the shores of the painted, we could keep even our eyes unpolluted by the contagion of slavery. To us who dwell on the uttermost confines of the earth and of freedom, this remote sanctuary of real time strategical glory has up to this time been a defence. Now, however, the furthest limits of /twg/ are thrown open, and the unknown always passes for the marvellous. But there are no threads beyond us, nothing indeed but time and boredom, and the yet more terrible Autists, from whose painting, escape is vainly sought by obedience and submission. Blobbers of the board, having by their universal plunder blobbed the land, they rifle the deep. If the enemy be rich, they are rapacious; if he be poor, they lust for dominion; neither the east nor the west has been able to satisfy them. Alone among men they covet with equal eagerness poverty and riches. To colour, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a blob and call it strategy.
This is some autism but I like it.

Yeah. There are Goblin lords that can lead all Goblin armies if you wanted to.

I want to be able to send my Orc armies in a massive greenskin tide as is proper to the setting.

You lost as India? Just conquer the other Indian faggots and use your infinite dosh to spam line infantry

Posting again because ded thred

>spend the entire game as the ERE pampering the WRE
>constant gifts
>stacks defending their cities
>sacking cities so they can come and occupy them the next turn without resistance
>Their emperor died
>The new one dislikes Eastern Romans
>Relationship dropping 100 points in one turn
fuck Roman pieces of shit

yeah it was my first time playing and was bit of a retard when it came to having too much military in all the wrong places

serves you right for being a cuck
didn't know shogun has orcs

>Stupidity of Roman leadership leads to ties between allies failing

Oh no what an unexpected turn of events

Just kill him.

I meant the system that doesn't allow your six stacks to attack at once is still in place and has been in place. But it doesn't fit with the setting. No Orc band would have the 20 unit cap. Greenskins are supposed to be essentially meat shields in mass amounts with key heavy units speckled in.

Some Orc bosses don't even bother with formations honestly. They just swarm in.

cool
so why did you have 6 stacks standing around in shogun?

Hey, I know nothing about TW : WH because I like to go blind with games I'm waiting for.

Anyway, from the look of it, does it look like it'll be as catastrophic as Rome 2 or ?

>didn't know shogun has orcs

you don't know about Grimgor conquering Japan?

The funny thing? this is canon

I was the Takeda and I had the funds and the troops.

Controversial changes have been made, but we have no way of telling how buggy it will be until it launches. The videos seem ok.

Rome 2 had naval battles

With Rome 2 they barely showed any videos prior to release. With WH though, the videos are fairly regular and development seems transparent.

From a very speculative view, it looks like the game will be alright. At the very least, not Rome 2 terrible.

>does it look like it'll be as catastrophic as Rome 2

Probably not. Honestly you'd have to try to be as a bad as Rome 2 launch. Granted I mean we only have information from the seller honestly hard to say.

>does it look like it'll be as catastrophic as Rome 2 or ?

Not even close.

There's a lot of controversial stuff, but it's not at all the same deal as Rome II. Rome II was shrouded in bullshit and barely showed off prior to release. TW:W has made some decisions that people don't like, but there's still a TON of actual gameplay footage out there that has been played by people independant of CA. If the game is bad then they're hiding it much more subtly than with Rome II.

The launch of Rome II was obfuscated as fuck, CA is being really transparent about TW:W

For Rome

what was his name m8?

Honestly, it will be the best release of the 21st Century, you should definitely go for it and pre-order the Total War: WARHAMMER High King Edition immediately.

why are they wearing chopping boards?

People make a fuss about it now but can you imagine the shitstorm if the changes to sieges weren't shown before the game got released
At least you can make somewhat of an informed decision whether to buy it or not as compared to previous games regardless of whether you think the game is going to be good or bad

What video shows the primary changes to siege?

Pleb armor

The first siege video from a month ago

youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

ancient rome having contact with japan and copying their armor CONFIRMED?

>This formation kills the rohirrim

hey fellow TATW player, reliable sources tell me you want to answer this question

Exactly

With Rome II all the bullshit was dumped on us on release day, there was no time to discuss it and the bad decisions in the game were compounded it being a buggy piece of shit.

With this game not only does it SEEM to not be a buggy mess from the fairly substantial amounts of gameplay we've seen, but we've been given the time to see and talk about the gameplay changes ahead of time.

Which Elf faction?

Try using the same way you would use dwarves archers,when they run out of ammo use them as shock infantry to charge the flanks of enemy units but be careful with their armor

high elves, but silvan elves stats look similar (only played those in custom battles)
they're not gonna run out of arrows unless the battle takes an hour though

kekked desu, thank you

remove elf, remove elf

Unless you don't feel the amount of melee troops you brought is adequate there's little reason to get them stuck in, they're almost always gonna get more done firing their bows.

If they get attacked by some shit tier unit like Snaga orcs then they might be better off just beating them in melee though.

All Goblin armies will be cheap and expendable but not too hard hitting.

but you can also use giants, trolls, wold riders and arachnaroks as support, then gobbos are good enough as infantry

but once elves are in the game all goblin armies will be a problem

How well would a Phalanx work in The Walking Dead.

How well would knights in full-plate armor do?

Move them around to get flanking shots

You definitely CAN, there's enough goblin units to support a sufficiently diverse stack.

Don't think it's optimal though.

can you bite through plate steel?
>no
would fair pretty well mate

Is there a faction in fantasy memewars that are easily mistaken to be the good guys? Like Tau?

Please don't say Empire or Bret, monarchies are shit lets be real.

who /goodgoy/ here?

If our Daimyo is to become Shogun, military ruler of all Nippon, HE'LL HAVE TO SAVE US FROM THIS UNENDING WAVE OF GREEN KILLING MACHINES !