/btg/

Revival of the dead/Doctor update edition
>What is this?
A free SS13-ish game about dying horribly on a submarine.
>Where do I get it?
undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
>Is there a server?
If someone is kind enough to make one there will be
>Where do I get the subs?
mega.nz/#F!3MUDiAJb!6FxQW3qXBTmcXBmBppQCfw
>What do I do in-game?
General rundown is: Get generator running, set up the railguns, go to objective marker, kill monster/get artifact, go to endpoint. Also fix any hullbreaches and get any unwanted water out the sub during all of that.These tasks are all shared across the crew obviously, so you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) do all of it yourself.
>I’m new to this, should I take assistant?
No. The game has character skills and the assistant is objectively worst at everything. Take engie or mech.
>What are the controls?
WASD to move, E to interact, Tab to chat. LMB uses most objects in your hand, some others have to be “aimed” with RMB first, like any weapon or the welder/cutter.
>How do I set up the generator?
Set shutdown temp to 6-7k, then fission to 100% until around 2k (grid load and temp should be the same), then enable auto-adjustment and you’re basically done unless someone fucks with it. Just make sure to replace the fuel rod once it’s empty.
>How do I set up the railgun?
Set the capacitors to charge at 20% and put the shells into the loader (pick them up with E, then hit E on the loader and drag them into the boxes with your mouse). Protip: C4 (and possibly stun grenades) can be put into the shells to make them more deadly.
>How do I fire the railgun?
E on the periscope, then RMB to aim and LMB to fire.
>How do I equip a diving suit?
Unequip your current clothes, then hit E on the diving suit. Don’t forget to put in an oxygen tank.

bamp

ded

ripparooni

has anyone had the chance to play around with the doctor class? i dont know whether i like the addition of not immediately dying when you lose all health

DOCTORS:
- medical doctors (can fabricate various drugs/chemicals and give CPR to unconscious characters)
- changes to the dying logic: characters will be unconscious when their health or oxygen goes below 0,
and die when it drops to -100
- medical syringes can be used on other characters
- any chemicals can be inserted in medical syringes

Items:
- handheld sonars
- crates, small medical/chemical cabinets
- junction boxes, sonar monitors, navigation terminals and engines break if they're underwater long enough
- reactor cools down if it's underwater (multiple fuel rods are required to bring the temperature back up)
- forces are applied to items (not just characters) when the submarine hits something
- changes to the logic for distributing oxygen through vents: the oxygen generator pushes more oxygen
to larger rooms instead of dividing the oxygen output equally between vents

- autopilot bugfixes
- the amount of oxygen/battery left is visible in the inventory slot of the ''parent item''
- new inventory slot for masks, headsets, etc

- fixed ''signal loops'' crashing the game
- OR gates work properly now
- AND/OR gates can be set to send out a signal when the input conditions aren't met

- fabricating items may require some specific skill levels

- a bunch of new sprites

bumo

Anyone want to start a server?

i want to but my internet is absolute shit

Currently hosting Schleichfahrt

is there a pass?

Nope

great

Welp

yea the server is down for some reason

pass is ayylmao

bump

Will the creators of subs pleaseee update them, the default subs are a monstrosity

Give em some time, I don't think most of the old people even know Barotrauma is back again.

Seems like we might get our first .4 Moloch kill soon.

Yup, Moloch is kill

where the white servers at