>Helpful links
pastebin.com/2a5WBcBP

>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
poe.trade/

>Read this before asking for build advice
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084

>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

>Rough mapping guide (ignore IIQ advice if it's still in there)
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489756

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHRfbiwdheg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DO NOT BUY PREMIUM TABS

this is the beginning of the end

if you buy PAY-TO-WIN tabs then the game will only get WORSE

do NOT support this SUPREME JEWERY

DO NOT LET GGG DESTROY THEIR GAME

first for softcore = funcore

third for melee will always be shit

>Usual hateful posts with no points that can stand up to debate, as well as usual vagueness.

Thanks catposter, we're so lucky to have you,

you're mom is shit

remember when we had high quality discussions in this general and there were still good players around?

>good players
>in Veeky Forums
Good one.

we had players who were top 10 in hc challenge leagues

>haven't visit the general for a month
>retard catposter is STILL around
How the fuck do you people put up with this?

I just make fun of him now for how bad he is at holding an argument

>had

catposter is still here

r8 my new curse on hit setup:

CWDT (1) - Nice Nova (1/20) - Curse on Hit (20/20) - Temporal Chains (20/20)...

What would be a 10/10 CoH setup..?

2014/CURRENT YEAR

CWDT 1 - IC - inc duration - enfeeble

Do you actually even play this game?

but that's no CoH? You could only level enfeeble to level 10 with a simple CWDT 1... with my setup, enemies are slowed by 39*1.2=47% whenever they're nearby... it's pretty good..

uh sorry I thought you meant a CWDT setup
the ideal CoH setup is having a curser with quill rain ice shot coh cursing in your team

Russell's got lots of figurines. Wonder if he still has them on his desk now.

Enfeeble's low level with this setup.

CWDT (1) - Bladefall (1/20) - Curse on Hit (20/20) - Temporal Chains (20/20)

Ice Nova casts centers on you and is useless on range. Bladefall hits everything. Ice Nova is delayed, but so is Bladefall.

What build are all these people running as Assassins that use shields for full clearing hard maps (twinned tier 15, manor, Atziri, etc)?

I haven't seen what skill they use but everyone seems to be using some sort of meme assassin build... any ideas as to what?

dual wield shields

>game stagnates with horrible new skills that do nothing to change the meta
>GGG pushing more and more microtransactions
>shitting half assed in game trade bullshit to sell more stash tabs
>no points that can stand up to debate

How's Chris Wilson's sweaty nutsack?

>Ice Nova casts centers on you and is useless on range. Bladefall hits everything. Ice Nova is delayed, but so is Bladefall.
This is what I initially went with, but my main skill is also bladefall and there seems to be a weird interaction with cwdt - bladefall not proccing as often when I'm spamming bladefall. Something about a shared cooldown maybe, I'm not positive. So I replaced it with ice nova. Maybe firestorm would work better here (centers on enemies instead of me) but it makes me lag too much.

It's taken months to even get this much out of you. Now if you start posting what you think should be done, since we now know what you're bitching about all the time, then we might actually start getting somewhere.

fuck off idiot

GGG is shit

>game stagnates with horrible new skills that do nothing to change the meta
subjective, and meta is a lot different than it was before, that's why it's called meta
>GGG pushing more and more microtransactions
obviously, what else are they gonna do? stop creating mtx? that's their main source of income, retard
>shitting half assed in game trade bullshit to sell more stash tabs
yes, selling stash tabs is another of their objectives, retard.
premium trade tabs are a pretty nice QoL improvement, not sure how you can argue otherwise.

But not shit enough for you to leave it seems.

fuck off

you reek of reddit

>implying I'm the catposter

If any other game had this much bullshit in it, you guys would all be calling the devs out on it.

There's nothing redeemable about this game anymore. Every act they come out with is worse than the last. They still havent fixed all the horrid balance issues between differrent skill gems and use "levelling skills" as a excuse to keep certain skills subpar.

There's terrible fucking netcode optimization, terrible lag and basic game features are hid behind pay walls. They keep adding more and more item bloat to cash in on the game's skinner box addicts, without actually improving on the game.

The game is stagnant. They have a shit ton of money from all those supporter packs, and yet do nothing to address core issues.

I stopped playing the game months ago, but came back to see if any of the issues had been solved. Sorry for not having blinding optimization

Stayed up 30 hours and I'm dying but I made a bunch of exalts today. Worth?

you reek of loneliness

So go play something else. What are you still doing here, retard?

Like I said, I check in every couple months. Go fuck yourself if you cant handle criticism of your shitty little game. This isn't your special little forum

>muh criticism
Your subjective little rant isn't valid criticism and you're as bad as catposter shitting every thread. Fuck off and see you in 3 months you fucking retard.

They're working on core issues all the time, I can't put together how delusional you are, and can only think that you were wronged somehow or are ridiculously butthurt with how shit you are at the game. I'm happy with the content they push out, the marketing shit is worrying, but not to a point to be this pissed off about it.
You also seem to keep making assumptions that I don't heavily criticize them on their own forums, where they actually listen to you, rather than posting on this board with incessant pessimism like a fucking retard. It's tiring, just go.

>They still havent fixed all the horrid balance issues between differrent skill gems
>The game is stagnant.
>I stopped playing the game months ago
Sideline spectators should really refrain from commentating on the state of the game tbqh.

Wow so /poeg/ has literally bee invaded by reddit and GGG forum cock suckers? This general has truly died

nothing I've stated is subjective. They quite literally haven't fixed any of the core issues with the game. Desync is still shit, lag is still shit, gem balance is fucked, they have back to back added fluff content to pad out people's storage in order to promote sale of stash tab. In addition, have pushed out non-paying customers from ever 'winning' by fucking over offline trade in favor of their shit system.

No i haven't been fucked over, when you play the same repetitive 4 acts for fucking 10+ different characters, the game gets pretty stale, as their aren't enough builds that are viable end-game

what exactly has changed? They added ascensions which dont change any core mechanics and act as key notables on the tree. Who gives a fuck?

I regret trying out earthquake because now I can't justify using any other melee skill.

>no open world PvP
uhhh poetards???

>Desync is still shit
>when you play the same repetitive 4 acts for fucking 10+ different characters, the game gets pretty stale
This I agree with and complain to them, so can you fuck off with your "invaded" crap, kid. I've been here since the beginning.

>Worth
Depends on how many exalts.

1 hour = at least 30 USD.
30 hours = 900 bucks.

Compare to how many exalts you made, I'm sure you can do basic math.

>this lone redditor stinking up the thread

wew

And people thought it was going to be so shit to begin with, lol.

>stop liking what I don't like
>I love being an insufferable contrarian xD
>if you think i'm a whiner then you just can't handle criticism!
>i shitpost about video games i don't even play
>le epic reddit maymay
Do the world a favour and end yourself bud.

poeg is sometimes reddit-tier and other times decent. Just got to pick your moment.

Open world PVP would actually make hardcore leagues interesting

>This general has truly died
EVERY. FUCKING. THREAD.

I wouldnt be shitting up the thread if anyone else actually posted in this general. At least Im keeping a lively discussion going

I am a massive dickrider for the game but there are a couple things that need to be fixed:

1) complete code rewrite by competent people. No more 6gb+ ram, shit netcode that causes frame lag, etc

2) no more master rotations in public parties, lower exp cap and remove sharing of masters

3) stop saturating inventory space and locking away huge QOL gains behind MTC, I am already cramped with a premium stash tab and they are over priced (at least in CAD)

4) I am sick of the story areas in general including all of act 4 outside of dry lake

5)no boring nerd grind challenges like the RNG in Lab, I hate lab in general it is a chore. No more full clear AT all nevermind 55 fucking zones worth of it

6) keep people entertained an entire league instead of having it die past 50% point. unlock things as a mystery modifer or something every week and make changes to the meta to reward sticking it through

etc there are tons of design flaws. The meta is still fun though.

>Desync
Update your shitposting retard, no one is going to take the bait.
>the game gets pretty stale, as their aren't enough builds that are viable end-game
EVERYTHING is viable now. That's what people who ACTUALLY play the game have been complaining about. You're just shit at the game, which invalidates any opinion you might have.
You talk about balance then complain Ascendancy changed nothing, then change subjects when you're called out on it, you're fucking pathetic. And what "core mechanics" need to be changed? Please enlighten us.

Not even one of those guys, but what makes you shitpost like this on a relatively slow general?
If you really want to point out any problem this game might have, do it on the forums like one of the previous faggots already said. How can someone hoard so much hate towards something as trivial as a f2p videogame.

>No i haven't been fucked over, when you play the same repetitive 4 acts for fucking 10+ different characters

That's the whole point of Arpgs, or did I miss something crucial? The formula is perfect for mindless grinding, if I want depth I play Crpgs, or with myself, you stupid faggot

>3) stop saturating inventory space
There is no such thing. When they introduce D2 charms maybe you can complain.
>4) I am sick of the story areas in general
Go back to D3.

>this game is dying because the developers did something I disagree with!
Can we stop this meme? It's bad enough in dota/league threads and it's a really trashy and transparent way to attempt to spread FUD.

When you start considering if your time spent on a video game is "worth" the money you could earn by working instead, it's time to stop playing said video game you fucking idiot.

>strawman and misdirection the post

nice rebuttal friend

>unironically using the word 'strawman' like memorizing some internet logical fallacies means you're right
fedora'd fucking faggot, get the fuck out and brain yourself

>If you disagree with me, you're a GGG cocksucker
How is that NOT a strawman you fucking retard?

>1) complete code rewrite by competent people. No more 6gb+ ram, shit netcode that causes frame lag, etc
A huge amount of work is being done on preloading and things at the moment. If you're playing on lockstep and getting the frame lag stuff, there's more going on with your connection, and I can assure you that you're a minority in this.

>2) no more master rotations in public parties, lower exp cap and remove sharing of masters
Kind of agree that more work needs to be done on masters

>3) stop saturating inventory space and locking away huge QOL gains behind MTC, I am already cramped with a premium stash tab and they are over priced (at least in CAD)
>huge
>.> This is one of their main incomes, this isn't being changed and you're just being silly if you're expecting it to.

>4) I am sick of the story areas in general including all of act 4 outside of dry lake
If you weren't sick of them, then I'd be worried you weren't making enough characters and going through them all over and over again. They know how tedious it's getting, but keep posting about stuff like this on their forums.

>5)no boring nerd grind challenges like the RNG in Lab, I hate lab in general it is a chore. No more full clear AT all nevermind 55 fucking zones worth of it
>grind
are you even seeing the labyrinth race times?

>6) keep people entertained an entire league instead of having it die past 50% point. unlock things as a mystery modifer or something every week and make changes to the meta to reward sticking it through
Not a bad idea. Something like this has been put in past leagues, but maybe not apparent as they should be.

what exactly do ascendancies have to do with gem balance you fucking tard?

Core mechanics already mentioned (reading comprehension is a must)
- desync
- shit netcode/lag spikes party play is garbage
- gem power level disparity
- lack of meaningful end-game gear choices (meta or die)
- lack of in game support for trade that isn't locked behind a pay wall
- inventory cluttered to fucking hell
- repetitive storyline
-no smooth transition to mapping needing to grind for hours on end at lower level areas and play the trading game in order to play end game content gets fucking stale

if its repetitive and fun then sure, point is the gameplay is fucking garbage after a while and theyve failed to add variety to it with their le shouts and poison bullshit

>WAAAAAAAAAAH WHY ARE THEY SELLING STASH TABS P2W WTFFFFFF WHY DOES A COMPANY THAT HAS TO PAY FOR SERVER COSTS AND DEVELOPER SALARIES HAVE TO MAKE MONEY??? WTFFFFFFFFFF
Threadshitters are literal children with no idea how the world works. Do you think rackspace is free?

> I can assure you that you're a minority in this.
1 asshole joins with CoC discharge
everyone crashes because it saturated the network with calculations and has nothing to do with clientside bullshit

Constant disconnects and roll backs blamed on third party networks and service providers

>This is one of their main incomes, this isn't being changed and you're just being silly if you're expecting it to.
I have 6 premium tabs and it isn't enough anymore. It really isn't F2P cosmetics fueled revenue at this point but freemium crippled garbage that is everywhere in the market.

>are you even seeing the labyrinth race times?
means nothing to me, the lab is grindy and the loading times are shit even on an SSD, I don't like anything about it at all personally and would think you are a nerd grinder if you do

>what exactly do ascendancies have to do with gem balance you fucking tard?
Everything? A lot of skills that were previously too weak are now end-game viable thanks to build-enable ascendancies. Elementalist enabled a lot of builds, Assassin makes capping crit easy, Scion is just ridiculously versatile with her baby Berserker ascendancy now, just to name a few. You're so stupid/ignorant it's actually painful that you're unaware of it. FUCK OFF and don't talk about game balance, a subject you have NO CLUE about.

>cherrypicking
never said that, it was a response to the user saying he posts on GGG's forums all the time. He actually is a GGG cocksucker
why would i need to look up the term strawman? Its the memist of memes>why do i need to shitpost on this general
I'm having a slow night and want to placate my boredom

>no race season
Holy FUCK GGG are you shitting me.

>tfw they afk in ur ho

>he comes into a thread about a diablo clone video game to complain about grinding

I said you memorized 'strawman' and you just agreed with me, thanks for proving me right that you are a massive fedora'd faggot who regularly cites "muh internet logical fallacies" like a gigantic cringeworthy reddit faggot. Kill yoself

>Core mechanics already mentioned (reading comprehension is a must)
Not mentioned until the post I was quoting you fucking retard.
>- desync
Hasn't existed in over a year, moron.
>- shit netcode/lag spikes party play is garbage
- gem power level disparity
Ongoing issues that are acknowledged.
>- lack of meaningful end-game gear choices (meta or die)
Untrue, invalidated by your obvious lack of game experience.
>- lack of in game support for trade that isn't locked behind a pay wall
New players get fucked, but that's not a core mechanic issue for long-term players (which you pretend to be)
>- inventory cluttered to fucking hell
Not more than before.
>- repetitive storyline
Subjective, not a core mechanic, retard.
-no smooth transition to mapping needing to grind for hours on end at lower level areas and play the trading game in order to play end game content gets fucking stale
No. You're shit at the game.

I have thousands of hours in Elona+. I enjoy maps and progression. There is good repetitive grinding and bad repetitive grinding. Loading screens, trivial content, and not-fun RNG are not good grinds.

I dropped out of school to play Everquest in 1999 and played until 2006, I poop socked from the WoW beta to vanilla Naxx/first expansion, I sit here 16 hours a day grinding. The lab isn't a fun grind. At all.

pay to win by trading

>The lab isn't a fun grind.
Good thing it's optional.

Why is everyone always so fucking angry here?

Good thing the entire point of the game to me is getting 40/40 challenges, experiencing new leagues, economy, maps, rng drops, etc. Lab isn't a challenge at all once you overlevel it. It's just monotonous. Same thing like fully clearing 55 maps (or worse trivial story zones in fucking cruel) and having 1 mob left remaining which is a zombie or elemental that is invisible or some gay shit.

That is just poor design choice. If you have to cock block me to inflate your Steamcharts stats then do more shit like the ID tier-1 uniques... at least that is fun as it helps give incentive to the economy and would keep me playing in good content.

So now we realize why you complain about "muh overpriced stash tabs": You're a literal fucking broke NEET loser. Lmao, no wonder you don't understand that server space and bandwidth aren't free.

For most people that have jobs, dropping a few bucks on a hobby isn't that big of deal, it's actually expected.

Do you have any idea how retarded you sound right now? Yeah 40/40 challenges is retardedly RNG gated and is a giant waste of time. No shit. It's OPTIONAL. If you want to poopsock to 40 while the game tells you it's going to take long hours of pointless grind, then it's your own fucking problem. Only 0.01% of players maybe get 40/40, why? Why do you care?

>inflate your Steamcharts stats
Who gives a shit about casual steambabbies? 40/40 is not tailored towards them.

because GGG has been lying to us for four years

dumb catposter

Bunch of newshits who don't evne like the game started playing.

>poeg is infested with underaged /v/edditors

i blame hanz

I really, really like this image, mind if I save it friend? haha

>1h at least 30$
I FUCKING wish, more like 2$
>tfw khokhol

>mfw poetards complain hitting 1-2-3-4-5 flasks is just too hard on pathfinder
Could you retards get any more pathetic? Have you never played GH in your life?
youtube.com/watch?v=cHRfbiwdheg

No one thinks it's hard. It's tedious.

dumb "dumb catposter" poster

>over a year
TIL its already july

It's the tab inflation, I have no problems dropping money once or twice for tabs and then maybe some frivolous shit like portal effects / appearances. However they have recently ramped up the revenue grab at the expense of basic QOL that would improve the game (not just make it more pretty). This is an accelerating trend.

Disposable income in my country and the economy in general doesn't allow for $25 purchases multiple times a year. We have shit dollar parity and everyone has debt out the asshole in a ZIRP economy being taken over by chinks. Rent alone is 50% of take home and personal taxes are high.

So by all means continue to watch it go freemium QOL locking shit and turn into a turd, they already have my $50 what do I care.

That being said it doesn't make up for the massive poorly though

>tfw /poeg/ always goes to shit every league until the plebeians leave
>tfw they didn't leave this time

>hanz
literal who

poeurl.com/Cr3
Found a Burning Touch with some good rolls, decided to go Firetrap
First trap build, rate, hate, help

it goes to shit once the casuals leave and top player get bored/quit and we're only left with retards like you

Searing touch*

not helping faggots who post shit reaction pictures with dumb filenames

Sorry homie, didn't mean to trigger you

It's OK, but please be more considerate in the future.

poeurl.com/Cr4

I prefer crit desu. Just get 7% life jewels and use a Kaom's Chest.

>Kaom's
Yeah like I can afford that shit