/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: (Cross-thread)

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.4 (5.5.1 IOSU delayed indefinitely)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New features for the currently relevant CFWs have been/are being added. Check their respective threads/changelogs.
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-ReiNand now supports the original 3DS and FIRM protection.
-Preview2 release of NTR 3.4 exclusively for the New 3DS. It allows streaming to PC, among other things. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and removing tickets github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PSV
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

You can use FunKeyCIA (and/or other tools) to download 3DS eShop software using keys from 3ds.nfshost.com/
Check the Pastebin if you want to know more.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
dropbox.com/s/g0mbec3zuwj9t4f/FBI-chen-fix4.cia?dl=0
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf
twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/725221190176907265
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725221813081522176
twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>yfw sky3ds master race

If made a back up of my sysNAND with my linked account and unlinked my emunand is it possible to inject my original nand back into my current one to get my old saves back and get updates for USA games?

Is there an appreciable difference between no-init and screen init versions of A9LH? I heard no-init was faster if you were using Luma, but it doesn't seem like it would make more than half a second.

thank mr plailect

thank mr plailect
smash rm hulkster

Is that the man who popularized speedrunning?
Whom is no longer a man, nor speedruns?

I finally got that bravely second cia to install
All i had to do was delete the ticket

The screen init versions make your backlight go on for like half a second while CFWstuff's happening, the ones without screen init can make your 3DS look unhacked (and CFW/boot managers can do screen init when it's necessary anyway, so you don't really lose anything). There's no real time difference, maybe milliseconds at most, you'd pretty much need to get a high-framerate camera to even be capable of capturing the difference.

There's also a screen init version set to 0 backlight now as well from what I've read.

Yes, Cosmo Wright and Aurora Wright.

Really weird issue
Installed some games and they overwrote other games on my system...
But they have different titleids. Do I have too many games or something?

>bullying aurora wright

I really don't want Veeky Forums to kill her like they did Rachel

Literally who?

emugen thing, don't worry about it.

trans Dolphin dev, Veeky Forums told her to kill herself so she did
some people will tell you it was because of neuropathic pain but having people wear you down and tell you you're a mistake has an effect

F

Still can't get this shit to work even after downloading everything from a different source and reinstalling.

Can anyone confirm that 0004000000102F00 is the right ID for Taiko? If that's not the problem then I don't know what else it could be

5.5 IOSU when?

Maybe both? I wouldnt kill myself if a lot of people that I don't know told me to do it. I love myself to much

Do you have more than 300 games? If so, that's your problem.

Probably. Fuck, I can't remember what was there before. Fuuuuuck
Why can't there be a patch to fix that

Why the fuck do you have 300 games?

>300 games
>wants to install more
the fuck

Oh god is that a thing? I'm going to have some problems once I start adding all the gbc/gba games I want

>Dude don't use retroarch just use vc injects xddd
>I install a huge pack of new and GB/GBC/GBA titles
>On top of homebrew apps, English games, jap games, and whatever else I have
>How do you have 300 titles abloo bloo

I wasn't implying it wasn't both, but being trans places one in an especially vulnerable position, nobody likes feeling like public enemy #1

just inject for gba and snes

Trans retards literally go out of their way to put themselves in situations where they will be bullied.

Just inject more game slots :^)

Rumors of a new handheld announcement tonight.

1.0 when?

Too late now
>:^)

Can I install .cias to my SD card from my computer? I don't think there's enough room to install the game I want to on my card AND have the .cia on there and I don't want to delete anything.

no

use SocketPunch with either this build of FBI 1.4.17 or latest FBI 2 (current 2.1.1?)
SocketPunch: gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-fbi-network-cia-installer-for-android-pc.412174/
FBI 1.4.17: dropbox.com/s/g0mbec3zuwj9t4f/FBI-chen-fix4.cia?dl=0
FBI 2: github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

That's not true though, maybe the one from the NWC does because streaming makes you a public figure, but Aurora is a programmer, I don't see you analyzing John Carmack's sexuality, she doesn't need this and if you're implying people who are trans deserve to be shit on solely for that I'd say you're wrong, you go over the top to make them feel unwelcome even when people like Aurora have a wealth of good to bring to the world
I absolutely guarantee being trans is more awkward a situation for her than it is for you, imagine people questioning your authenticity as an individual until you die
And if you're wondering why so many of them seem radical, it's because hearing the same polemic day after day directed at you that you're a piece of shit and deserve to be treated like one can make a person feel somewhat radicalized and it's not because either of you are necessarily evil but the level of vitriol things reach easily lends itself to dehumanization as a feedback loop

What the fuck do you think you're even accomplishing here?

Kill yourself.

I don't really want to see harm befall Aurora because of a lack of common sense, and okay

>tfw Veeky Forums has more edgelords than Veeky Forums
trappy save these poor souls

Is there such a thing as a Yokai watch editor as there is for the pokemon games?

Can someone give me a rundown on DS flashcards that I can run on my hacked 3DS?

Guys I have a problem; hacking consoles and getting shit working on them is infinitely more fun to me than actually playing games on the finished products. What am I to do? Are there any games that simulate the experience somehow?

We all know that feel friendo.
Just hacked my Wii, spent all day tweaking it just how I would want it, and now I have no clue what to do.

I have been playing majoras mask, pokemon x, psmd, and super metroid, come one now

get more systems and customize them to be the perfect gift fir your nieces and nephews like me

try sticker star

Anyone? Tried everything I can think of and it's not working.

I think some guy recently got some older ones to work, but if you don't have one yet just get an r4i gold

Do you have 4+ friends to play with? If so, super mario war is fucking FANTASTIC; but it's not really even that much fun unless you have a full party of 4 to play it with. Also try ABUSE.

sorry, friend. can't say i feel the same way, now back to fates

How the fuck do you have 300 Game Boy games? There's no more than 30 worthwhile games for all of them.

there's this bundle that includes like every game

become one with the scene
lern how 2 code and make some kickass homebrew for all of us
thenk

Check out

Anyone

bumping

LE EBIN MAYMAY!

RATE MY LE EBIN COLLECTION NOW!

LE BEST MAYMAY!

LE RATE LE IT LE NOW!

Down thumbered

>have n3DS
>get a9lh
>play GBA and SNES games

You may not realize it, buy you're wasting time of your life by waiting for an answer that you probably won't even get. Seach Yo-Kai editor or something on Google, if nothing comes up, there's nothing. Take that tip and don't waste your life anymore.

pic unrelated

>black screen on my emunand
>somehow lost backup files
oh boy. will I be able to fix it if I install this new redNAND shit?

RedNAND is the same shit as emuNAND. Can you boot into sysNAND?

Plailect's declassified A9LH survival guide when?

Yeah, I can boot into sysNAND. I'm not sure why my emuNAND died because last I remember it was working fine.

Sometimes when I install a CIA it just dies like this and I have to restore it but I don't even remember adding anything new.

Well, since you don't have backups you'll have to create another emuNAND with EmuNand9 from Homebrew menu. And probably delete the bricked one. Just don't forget to backup files on your SD card.

>poorfag was so salty they spent time making this

blame ntr viewer

Muh saves ;_;
I backed up a few games data but not all. Now I feel stupid.

I mean, you probably still can run a save manager from HBL.
Unless you formatted already.

>For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX”
with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

guess that means we'll see it at E3

Mochi San just said otherwise

twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/725221190176907265
>No NX at E3. Will focus on new Zelda

>zelda delayed again

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725221813081522176
Nintendo America just tweeted.

Looks like Zelda is 2017 as well..fucking Christ.

Really? How? I haven't started yet u still have menuhax.

So NX is the official name?

noice

no it's still the code name

I have a 10.5 emunand, because it was required for online play back then. Did something important happened since then?
Thanks.

>Nintendo CEO: NX won't simply replace 3DS and WiiU
>OSAKA—Nintendo Co. reported a 61% drop in its annual net profit as a lack of new popular game releases led to sagging sales of its aging hand-held game device.

>tfw nintendo is finished

>twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256
>#Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017
Can someone release IOSU hack now? The Wii U is fucking dead.

>nothing for the holidays

So is Luma3DS just AuReiNAND?

yes

Is it worth installing a9lh simply for the NTR that allows streaming? If so, is there anyway to still keep all my saves and stuff from my ReiNAND on n3ds?

you can use the ntr streaming with just reinand

Why does it say I need to update to use download play on Kirby robobot?

you should be updated anyway

Oh fug really? Thanks user

So do I just ignore it?

What would be the biggest advantages to have a9lh as opposed to just a emunand?

i guess

>100% boot rate which is way faster
>can unbrick without hardmod
>nintendo can never do anything about it
>no need for an emunand
among all the features the compatible cfws give

Sounds amazing. I'll definetly do it once I get home, you don't happen to know if there is a way to get my current EmuNAND working on it and shit?

>no need for an emuNAND
HOL UP
WAIT
SO YOU TRYNA TELL ME

That there isn't an emuNAND and instead everything is all on the sysNAND? And in the event of a brick I can restore without soddering shit inside my system?

yes you can follow the wiki guide that is in the OP and start from part 4 as it says though you might wanna read over the other parts to understand it better

Correct, you can use a9lh to start decrypt9 before the sysNand starts. This means even if the sysNand is bricked, you can just restore a backup.