/domg/ - Dominions General

Nothing Found edition

Previous Pantokrator: Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura may or may not be ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

I suppose the casters have gone offscript because those are some weird spells to cast as Caelum

user casts Raise Dead.

Still my all time favorite

Reminder to put a stop to blobbing.

Any games recruiting? Finally bored of single player. Also alternatively any fun Nation combos to try out. Bored with my W9E9 KoC gimmick MA Marignon game with 200% resources.

Reminder to remove elves

>tfw no modnation games

Be the change you want to see in the world.

I doubt that we will be able to gather enough players. VegetableWarriors4 had only 5 players, modnations games are not popular here.

I'd play.

We have two players then. Maybe I'll organize a game next week.

Honestly one of the biggest problems is that the national spells don't work out to well with each other.

That was simply because the host messed up when combining mods in VW4.

I'd also play.

>enemy is obviously preparing an invasion against you for multiple turns
>can't do shit against it because otherwise engaged
>they invade

Hey Chinamen. We friends, right?

Play your turns

Momiji does appear in the game technically, unit ID 1338

Post Memes.

How awful is N9E4 mictlan? I'll probably run it in a disciple game with a nation which needs that bless.

N9E4 is probably the best all round bless
It's not ideal for Mictlan which would rather have a bit of a bigger bless or B9

r8 my first attempt at making a thug

Why bothering with a shroud if you have astral memebless?

@140239958

its shit

Eh, it'll probably do fine. The lodestone amulet is probably unnecessary since that will die very quickly to actual mages, replace it with a regen ring to make it more reliable. The boots aren't really needed since it's going to be trampling most kinds of PD anyway. A lot of PD or elite troops will give it trouble but hopefully nobody is putting more than 20 PD in their provinces anyway.

I have 4W 4E 4S, didn't really plan on utilizing bless that much, but the shroud was like the only low encumberance armor I could make.
What improvements do you recommend? Using MA pangaea.

Pangaea is for degenerates anyway

Thanks

I actually thought the luck buff from the helmet was twist fate from S9, so my bad.
You are pan, dont you have earth for armor of knights?

Really bad, precisely how awful depends on age.

Mictlan really needs an offensive bless to boost their sacreds' killing power, and you have none.

EA or LA would be alright with N9, since jaguar warriors have pretty decent HP. However, if you're MA you'd be better with almost any other bless.

Trample and 0 encumbrance is a terrible combination for a thug.

It's causing you to have insufficient reinvigoration because your thug will trample 3 times per turn for 9 fatigue. (quickness might make it 6 tramples per turn, which is even worse)

Trample also means your thug isn't going to actually use that sword against anything.

Protection is a bit low, but your high defense might be sufficient alone.

You have way too much gems spent on it. In total I count 40 gems. That's way too high, especially for something with a unique item. You could remove the lodestone amulet and boots with no issues. Strength does next to nothing for your thug, and he shouldn't be meeting mages. Fire Brand is also completely useless against size 2 or below (i.e. the vast majority of PD) so that could go too. Once you've removed the boots, you might want to fill that slot with shoes of the messenger, to alleviate the massive fatigue issues slightly more.

I'd suggest you don't thug minotaurs. They're a terrible chassis for it, and the only thing making this one somewhat viable is the really strong unqiue helmet.

Oops, corrections.

>Trample and 0 encumbrance
Trample and more than 0 encumbrance

>especially for something with a unique item
especially for something with a free unique item

Please someone save me. I don't want to die this early.

Also try W9, that bless on centaurs is really strong.

No point in casting the Hidden in Foo spells with more than the required paths, right?

>MA Xibalba
What im in for?
What should i expect from Pepe's?

Worse than EA and LA
The main problem being that the frog mages aside from the Bacab aren't good and their recruitable sacreds are also bad.

It doesn't scale. If that's what you mean.

Thanks. I guess I should make one of the centaurs a proper thug then, and have the minotaur just trample PD. Maybe I should just give him a 2nd shield?
The minotaur was the only one I could spare for the arena, where he got that helmet, but no one else sent anything into the arena so he won by default.

Does Chak poisonous skin affects other Chaks near him?

Which game is that?

An E1 Centaur Hierophant might work as a thug. I'm not too sure though, since I've seen something similar fail. A Pan would probably be a better option, but they lack native stealth.

>I guess I should make one of the centaurs a proper thug then, and have the minotaur just trample PD.
Generally the point of a thug is to take on PD. Are you trying to make a SC (take on an enemy army solo) instead?

Poisonous skin should only affect things which attack the unit.

Well, I could tide up my mod. I posted it here before, it is called Ourobouros, an EA nation with dragons.
People here went crazy about the size3 tramplers. I could do something about them, but I still don´t think they are OP.
Later today I post it again

>warriors in pajamas

can you guys tell me an acceptable nation in EA that can work with N9E4? Extra points if not a blood nation, it's for a newbie friend of mine.

I thought about pan, vanheim, TNN, and maybe marverni (with shrouded golems in late game and boar warriors early to mid game)

When you stop Erf Snek just right.

It'd be a perfect bless for Niefelheim. However, they're a blood nation and quite tricky to play.

Abysia, TNN and Fomoria would also like it.

Pan and Vanheim would also do fine with it. It's not really an ideal bless, but their sacreds are good enough that it won't matter.

Since you should have decent scales with N9E4, you could take any nation which does well with pure scales and just use the bless for SCs. Something which has good access to SC chassis would be even better.

NoBully Bogarus are you here?

You might shove it on Agartha though they don't really need that big bless. Or really nature bless at all.

What sup

For when you want to be extra comfy while smiting heathens.

Can you get in chat for a moment?

Way ahead of you.

Fomoria sounds like a great idea. Nemedian as elf raiders and storm + thunderstrikes everywhere with some skellispam, while also able to get some good SCs.

But what about sacreds? are fomorian giants and unmarkeds good enough to use?

>likes skullstaves
>F3A3N2H3

What am I missing?

You are missing the part where the image is a reference to various OC DONUT STEEL super awesome deviantart characters. They like edgy things.

Specifically it's based on a seperate meme image - coldsteel the hedgehog, but i don't have it on my pc. You could probably google it.

>But what about sacreds? are fomorian giants and unmarkeds good enough to use?
Definitely.

Unmarked are better in combat, but Fomorian Giants make very tough blockers with N9. They also let you expand underwater.

N9E4 is good for making their Kings into SCs and their Druids into trapezing thugs as well.

>Generated with Muuch race themes: [white, default, slaver]
MUUCH IMPERIALISM

Pans are stealthy.

Oh wow, I didn't think that would work.

Huh, so they are.

I remember checking it a while ago and finding them not stealthy, I guess I'm just blind.

C'tis I am sorry, there is nothing I can do for you.

Also I find it hilarious that Patala elfed you with monkeys

Do we need a replacement for Abysia so soon? The sad part is I know who got old Abysia's start, literally the worst on the map, so this Abysia had a better start than the old one.

Will extend if he needs an extension. Will begin seeking subs if he stakes again.

Play your turns

No.

I just did, you bitch.

Isn't the bottom left corner the worst spot? Wastes hemmed in by special provinces.

Can I get Mictlan in chat (in like an hour or so during lunch break).

Seriously, it's turn like what, 44. We need to have an intervention, or, why are you still using jags and not ozzies.

Bottom left gives you plenty of room to actually expand, and the special provinces actually aren't all the special, and can be dealt with.

Upper East is like that, except you also get 2 really close neighbors that pretty much immediately cut off your expansion and you're stuck with around 10-20 shitty ass provinces.

is there some way to export to a txt file the log of a battle?

If you run dom4 in -ddd mode it'll dump a very verbose log of the battle to the terminal. I think it only works on linux, though.

>Linux does it but not windows
FUCKING ILLWINTER

You can try it. Honestly I've never personally tested it on windows. I've just been told that -ddd doesn't do anything on windows.

It's more that the infamous battle replay bug is due to llamaserver running Linux which means things like commslaves still follow casting scripts.

I think you know what answer is.
If you want I can load up the replay and tell you what happened/make a webm, I'll be in /v/anheim for a while.

Commslaves only do that if they have innate caster I thought

So only really relevent for Nazca

>nobody cast any globals

What the fuck, people. Here I am wasting my gems on shit i don't want to deny slots and literally nobody casts anything.

Any dank games recruiting?

I found /domg/

So you won't be offended by it being dispelled then?

I won't give a shit, really. With info from earlier dead guy graphs and crone there was no real reason to cast eyes of god, I just hoped people would jump at the option of free global slots and i could maybe make somebody bounce it if i'm lucky.

Not only that, but things which attack the unit using length 0 weapons.

New thread title

/domg/ should generate death gems.

>The series follows a teenage high school girl named Hitomi, who finds herself pulled from Earth to the planet Gaea when a boy named Van appears on the high school track while battling a dragon. In Gaea, she is caught in the middle of a war as the Zaibach Empire attempts to take over Gaea. Van (King of Fanelia), with aid from Allen (an Asturian Knight), commands his mystical mech Escaflowne in the struggle to stop the Zaibach Empire. Hitomi's fortune telling powers blossom in Gaea as she becomes the key to awakening Escaflowne and to stopping Zaibach's plans.
WOW

such an original story

do all of you weebs have shit taste, or is it just you?

Cirno has shit taste, it is known.

I don't think he has shit taste, I think he actually, honestly has no idea what "taste" is.

He studies math, so he's probably just bazinga-level autistic.