I am going to buy gold. Should I get it in bars or coins? Should I store it myself of in a bank? Help me guys...

I am going to buy gold. Should I get it in bars or coins? Should I store it myself of in a bank? Help me guys, you have never failed me before.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315440.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gold is gold.

Buy Silver, its underpriced and has an industrial use.

Gold has an industrial use too.

Very small. Silver has a bigger usage.

Interesting. Any other things I could buy?

I prefer GLD as a hedge. If the shit hits the fan, no one is going to want your shiny rocks. What's the point of holding physical gold?

If the shit hits the fan your GLD won't be worth anything. The point of physical gold is that it retains value.

Bars, store it yourself. Banks are a meme. And coins are only 90% gold.

This is false.

Anyway, if you store it yourself you don't need to pay for storage fees like you would at a typical bank. I own 2oz of gold and 100oz of silver stored in a personal safe. I also have $500 in a BitGold account.

>gold used as a medium of exchange by almost every culture on Earth, through near apocalyptic war, famine, disease and political and social collapse
>hurrr noone will want shiny rocks if the shit hits the fan durrrr
>the shit hitting the fan will always be complete, world wide Road Warrior apocaypse
>theres no degress of SHTF that can be as mild as you losing your job to a riot burning down your neighbourhood, to your country being invaded, all with plenty of occasions where people will happily barter for gold

This.

Whats false?

How much gold do you plan to buy OP?

>buying gold/silver to prepare for the "happening" with "industrial" use as a justification

don't realize there probably won't be industry left after the happening if it ever happens

It means even if shit doesn't hit the fan and it will appreciate a little bit and you might profit if you sell it.

>And coins are only 90% gold.
Circulating coins are but bullion coins can be had at over 99% fineness.

Just buy JNUG or NUGT, or invest in gold / precious metal mining companies. Physical gold is a meme.

>implying gold circulates
I know theres a few .999 coins out there, including a canadian one, but I dont remember what its called.
Old gold coins that were in circulation have things like copper in them for strength (thats the remaining 10%). You have to make sure that if you do buy coins, you get what you're paying for.

I guess its honestly a matter of preference when it comes to the bullion. Why not both!

By which I mean coins that were originally designed for actual use as currency as opposed to bullion coins meant to sit in vaults.

buy monero: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315440.0

buy gold futures

OP is probably an underaged faggot and if not I highly suspect a stunted growth.

Seriously? Asking if coins/bars are better? This isn't fucking google.

I don't think the shit's going to hit the fan for a couple of years. In my country there's taxes on bars but not on coins, so you'll better off buying coins. The spread is like 6 percent though.

The happening won't be a fallout le apoklypse meme, Jesus fuck.

Government fiat crashes, martial law, coup of govt. by citizens/army/state LE. Most of the fighting would be state vs Feds. Which one has a lot more people? State govt. will remain more intact, many will break off or seclude themselves. There may be some niggers and anti-fa anarchists causing trouble, a couple thousand people will die. The industry will still be there. Just a crumbling govt.

For when fiat goes back to its natural value of 0

Where is the best location to buy pH previous metals without getting boinked?

I've never been to one buy highly suspect the SELL GOLD NOW corner shops.
Need a legitimate dealer that won't fuck you over dirty with fees and price gouging

What country is that?

Silvergoldbull is a great online dealer, highly recommend

Solid prices, free shipping over $99 in the US and $500 in Canada. Good selection too.

About 500 USD worth.
I'd rather have my own.

This.

make sure to buy silver. gold in gram bars. silver in coins

bait

Buy both gold and silver.

buy coins. For gold, search "sovereign" coins (1/4 oz, about 300$) or krugerrand (1oz).
Coins have both markets, precious metals AND coins. bar and ingots are more difficult to sell.

Don't buy anything 99.9% gold, it's very soft and it will scratch easy and go undervaluated if needed to sell as a coin. Don't worry, you are paying for the gold content, and the 1% of copper proportion doesn't even represent 1$ of the total.

Silver, pretty much the same; Buy 1oz coins (~20$) Search for silver eagles, Philharmoniker, noah's arks and the like.

If you only want bulk, buy those low premium coins in big quantities and you will be fine. If you want to risk more, you can buy some colection like the lunar II from the perth mint, kookaburras or pandas. You take the risk of paying more for the same.

If you are in europe you can take a look at a shop called aurinum.de and if you are in usa, search for apmex.

Please take in mind that this moment is a bit shaken to buy precious metals, maybe it goes up or maybe it goes a little down, but in the long term, you'll win

regards

Oh i forgot, if you ever go with the silver coins, please stay away from the canadian mint;

Maple leafs and a lot of their coins develop milky spots, which ruins them for any use other than bulk selling, pretty shitty IMO as they do very beautiful coins.

a potato farm and an sks

zimbabwe or venezuela

if you waste your time with this shit you deserve to be poor