/acg/ - Armored Core General: Playing Last Raven Online Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQrWljGK9Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=_6hRpRg366M
emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E
youtube.com/watch?v=CjL1QbKECwY
youtube.com/watch?v=2GxNExrn7pU
youtube.com/watch?v=P4KQYYXBqXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not today old friend

brump

Bump.

Well, at the very least, the last thread works as a measure for archive time. Hour and a half and it's still up.

So, i was thinking of getting Starhawk.

It has a mech, from what i seen.

Thoughts?

Here's highlights of the replay bugs from the last few matches I had online with last raven:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQrWljGK9Qo

And a reminder of today's other video, my best run against Final Zinaida when doing the Zindaida's path video:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6hRpRg366M

Oh, that reminds me. Maybe you covered it somewhere and I missed it, but PPSSPP works with a Dualshock 3, right?
Maybe you can find out for us.

PPSSPP does work with dualshock 3. That's what I use.

I haven't made a guide for setting it up, but it's pretty simple.

1. Download scp server package

2. Connect the controller, let it install drivers ("Dualshock 3" shows up in your device list).

3. Run scpserver.exe

And that's it.

You might need to run scpdriver.exe first, also.

this is the guide: emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package

Posting in an Ahab thread

Bump.

i love ahab threads!!

Bump.

It looks like a neat game, but I think it's dead at this point. Probably deader than ACVD. I know it has a singleplayer, but come on. You know it's a multiplayer oriented game, so it's probably like a tutorial or something.

If you get it cheap, then sure. Go right in.

Bump.

How is PSP emulation compared to PS2? I can't do PS2 on my toaster, might try some of the PSP games though if they're easier to run.

PSP games run better, the emulator is better and more developed, and the PSP games have multiplayer without needing your own console.

The only reason to go with the PS2 version is because the controls are easier to set up and the garage is prettier.

Some people spout bullshit about it not being the "full experience" because only the PS2 is for true patrician gamers, but side-by-side on a PC with the same controller, the PSP one wins in terms of quality every time.

Also, the PSP runs in widescreen, PS2 does not. Some people hate that.

Most modern laptops can run the game at 4x resolution (1080p). But most phones or old laptops should still be able to run them at 1x resolution.

For reference, here's the quick setup guide:

youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E

And here is the multiplayer guide:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjL1QbKECwY

Bump.

Yep, that's Minmay.
I know it's going to happen in Delta and I dread it every week.
Mine too.
Talked to Larco yet?

Fixed the control mapping issue in LR:P, you can use dual mapping in-game as long as you remove it before viewing replays.

Well that certainly looks good even with bugs. Can't help to notice that the PS1 games look a bit more visceral.

Ooooh I will be laughing

Non-buggy video incoming. Got matches 4 through 8.

bump

You're doing Nineball's work, man. Keep going on.

Alright you SNFA regulars my capture device has arrived and everything has been setup. Now all of our matches will be recorded, as a sign that we will not be forgotten by history it will be our legacy.

> SNFA regulars

Basically everyone less penny.

You better record me destroying filthy blade users.

Remember this when you get your ass bladed.

I don't get it.

Well since you pointed that out already I don't have to say anything else.

B...but DS is a cool guy.

I wanna announce the First ever SNFA Ranker cup. Requirements are that you can only use OMER parts and there will be no rewards if you win.

DESTROY FILTHY BLADE USERS

MAIM KILL BURN

MAIM KILL BURN

MAIM KILL BURN

A good ol' shotgun is all i need to put them down.

D...do you hear THE VOICES TOO!?

> First ever SNFA Ranker cup
This sounds nice

>Requirements are that you can only use OMER parts
>only use OMER parts
>OMER

Yeeeeaaaahh, No.

I will hunt you down this sunday.

youtube.com/watch?v=2GxNExrn7pU

Highlights from me VS Shifty

youtube.com/watch?v=P4KQYYXBqXM

Full video

bump

Alright, we'll remove the OMER exclusivity and lets have fun with the Ranker cup. Although whoever wins will have to get something from you pooh.

Thanks for these, might convince me to get a modern CPU one o these days.

Even if I pile you? ;)

What program do you use to record these?

Oh my god, muh dick.

Please record me getting destroyed by filthy blade users.

SNFA Cup?! My body's ready (to get blew up) also, DSG is definitely cool.

Thank god. Would have been Lahire everywhere.

We need a new driver! This one is dead!

hahah hopefully I wont look so awful with a bit of practice

This bump is brought to you by Omer Science Technology.

But you said there is no reward, anyways what can a poorfag like me give anyways?

>pic
>those games with D-roy and Jiang and our blade expert.

Comfy as hell.

Your virginity?

Lmao that gif.

This. Much good feels.

Made Refbot 1000, built to go out of bounds. Feel like it needs more stabilisers tho.

Pretty unnecessary to make an AC like this but, hey, you do you bae

Anyone up for some FA right now? I just made this design for FA.

Yuss

Going to uni, I'll be done at 2:30 Pacific time though

Why not, I am lazy to do homework right now.

Open Broadcasting Software.

Bump.

Fun games.

>Talked to Larco yet?
not yet, thanks for reminding me. i've been without a PC for a couple weeks.
have you?
i've thought about getting a capture device, i want in on that sweet sweet youtube cash, which i'm sure you're all swimming in now thanks to these last raven videos.
is it super hard to get set up? i am not good with computer.
damn dude you went all out with this shit!! i've never been able to get emulators newer than SNES ones working perfectly so i'll have to pass on participating but keep up the good work both you and everyone playing. these videos are great.
almost spit my coffee when i saw the paint job. very nice.
>built to go out of bounds
my search for the perfect next... is..... over...........

I can't wait when risto see this.

This is a thing of beauty.

bump

If you tried to set up PPSSPP you'd see it doesn't take much effort.

Next SNFA we should have an all tank match

Bump.

Yeah, It doesn't take much effort, but there ARE issues I'm still working out.

The games play and run fine, but getting online and setting your controls is still something that most people can't figure out on their own and need me to walk them through it.

Which is ironic given that AC is sort of all about figuring things out yourself and customizing.

THESE ARE ALL THE KNOWN ISSUES WITH LAST RAVEN PORTABLE SO FAR:

Issues you can fixed by just changing settings permanently:

1. If your computer is weak, the game will run super choppy. Turn down rendering resolution for this from 4x (1080p) to 2x or lower. (720p/480p)

2. Direct3D backend is faster on most PCs, but doesn't work on all computers, so if you switch to it, you can get an error message, forcing you to use OpenGL

3. The default controls suck, and require players to set custom controls in PPSSPP and in-game to play with dual analog support and L2/R2.

4. To go online you have to randomize your in-game mac address so you don't have the same one as other players

Issues that require workarounds or can't be fixed:

1. (Unconfirmed) the online server is in NA, so network lag with EU/JP players might be too high for vs matches

2. If you map 2 buttons on your controller to do the same action in-game, it will throw off your replays. So you have to remove that mapping to watch the replays, then you have to add the mapping back in when you're ready to play.

3. Sometimes Coldbird.net will blink on and off and boot people for no reason from the network. You can tell because the status page won't reload properly

4. If you are online when coldbird boots you or resets, you have to exit the game entirely.

When everything works right, it works BEAUTIFULLY... but if any of those issues are happening, it can be a huge pain in the ass to fix. I'm still working on troubleshooting guides and figuring out all the issues so that it works reliably 95% of the time.

THESE ARE ALL THE KNOWN ISSUES WITH LAST RAVEN PORTABLE SO FAR:

Issues you can fixed by just changing settings permanently:

>1. If your computer is weak, the game will run super choppy. Turn down rendering resolution for this from 4x (1080p) to 2x or lower. (720p/480p)

>2. Direct3D backend is faster on most PCs, but doesn't work on all computers, so if you switch to it, you can get an error message, forcing you to use OpenGL

>3. The default controls suck, and require players to set custom controls in PPSSPP and in-game to play with dual analog support and L2/R2.

>4. To go online you have to randomize your in-game mac address so you don't have the same one as other players

Issues that require workarounds or can't be fixed:

>1. (Unconfirmed) the online server is in NA, so network lag with EU/JP players might be too high for vs matches

>2. If you map 2 buttons on your controller to do the same action in-game, it will throw off your replays. So you have to remove that mapping to watch the replays, then you have to add the mapping back in when you're ready to play.

>3. Sometimes Coldbird.net will blink on and off and boot people for no reason from the network. You can tell because the status page won't reload properly

>4. If you are online when coldbird boots you or resets, you have to exit the game entirely.

Better formatting so you don't have a block of one line text to read

Bump.

Thank you user.

Bump.

It will be difficult if you are planning to get a hdmi device for the ps3. I had some problems because of the hdcp restrictions on the ps3, good thing I bought a splitter that removes hdcp so everything runs smoothly and the quality of the vids are great.

I saw it this morning and my raging heart cannot be quenched.

Bump.

Bump.

I dont think it was too hard to get last raven up and running, but then again, I've had to get much more obscure and japanese garbage running before so maybe I'm just getting good at it

Guys over at /m/ are setting up a 360 VD team, might be interesting

Loving AC hasnt been too hard lately

Bump.

>MAV beta releases on Monday

Any Chromehounds fags going to be playing?

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Have a merry bump

Bump for From

Question.

God a vita and found multiple AC PSP games on the PSN store. Which of these is most worth playing?

I'd start with Armored Core 3 portable if thats there

And irregular, I reset my router and now discord wont work lol, dunno if you'll see this

I see it now, lol. Maybe restart the computer... what did you do to your router?