>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XwNdhMKj6Po
megatenonline.proboards.com/
megatenonline.proboards.com/thread/456/shin-megami-tensei-imagine-soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=AwlS9lgXkRI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console)#Etymology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are two kind of Megaten protagonists: the ones who lift and the ones who don't.

Hero: doesn't
Aleph: lifts for sure
Tamaki: doesn't
Demi-Fiend: probably not because Chiaki implies he's a nerd and japanese nerds don't lift
Space Marine: does for sure
Flynn: doesn't or at least didn't before he became a samurai
Nanashi: does

We're back in business baby

what about abel and bunny?

Nanashi's art, be it the Hawaii DLC or regular character art makes him look like a DYEL. Character model for one outfit ain't shit, Nanashi doesn't lift.

Devil Summoner is probably on hiatus.
Megaten 2 does a slow but steady progress.
if... will be finished in april 2016!

I hope someone has the screenshot of one guy who was arguing about how SMT is not an Atlus franchise.

I fucking love you.

Oh fuck, didn't noticed that was the wrong gif.

His head is too small.

It almost looks like a neo Capcom 3D model.

Hope this attempt at crossposting works

Mini-dump incoming: 1/8

2/8

Given how much MT has taken from other ancient WRPGs like Wizardry, I wonder if the moon phase system was inspired by a similar system in old Ultima games.
Those games had two moons whose phases changed as the player moved. The first moon's phase determined where portals on the world map would appear, the second determined where they led.

So the function of the system wasn't too similar to the one in MT, but it's the only other game I can think of with something like this and might've been the inspiration.

I'm still here. Thanks guys.

Shit, now I remembered that Wind Waker has some secrets depending on the Moon Phase.

That's exactly what I was asking for. Moon Phase systems regardless if they're combat centric or not. I just kinda found it odd that it's a system so overlooked in the RPG realm yet SMT games seem to use some sort of it in many of the it's games.

3/8

4/8

5/8

Pretty funny that Danu is using YHVH's methods. Really trustworthy. Peace is clearly doing the right thing.

>All that content
>All that story and characters
>All that effort in a 10+ years old MMO
>All gone
I still hope they reuse some of the stuff from IMAGINE somewhere down the road.

6/8

7/8

>Rui Saifã
Very subtle.

8/8

At least we have private servers to look forward to

>Lucifer
>Subtle
The only time he was subtle was in IV, and that's if you don't know what Hikaru means. SMT I is especially obvious if you've watched Angel Heart/read Falling Angel.

I hope so. If anyone actually sets up private servers I'll probably try it out finally. Thanks for the screenshots user.

Forgot to put /s sarcasm.
I knew what Hikaru meant but still was surprised that she was Lucifer. It was the only shit I wasn't spoiled about until I got IV.

>At least we have private servers to look forward to
Are people going to work on one?

>Forgot to put /s sarcasm.
I know you were being sarcastic. It's a weird thing to point in when he was never subtle, is what I'm saying.

You're welcome

I assume they are, once the JP servers are down for good. Even if one wanted to start a private server, are the files on their computer enough? Or is most of it server-side?

youtube.com/watch?v=XwNdhMKj6Po

Any video of the STEVEN fight?

Nigga does this look like a guy who lifts?

Bunny obviously don't Yamato keeps orgasming over how good you're at fighting despite not having any prior training.

So no one has said anything about it? You got my hopes up.

I thought it was a given, seeing how many people liked it and I saw some anons discussing the subject. Most likely someone on a different website will work on it.

megatenonline.proboards.com/

Neat, thanks my eyes

Yeah, these guys are working on recording everything they can so they can rebuild it.

Well, turns out my mom had an old iPhone 3, but my dad had a 4, so I'll be able to turn that into an SMT 1 machine. Happy demon recruiting, everyone!

Hoy.

Neat It's in English, right?.

Also found a Mega with Imagine's soundtrack (200 files) and several more stand-alone mp3's. I can combine all the files into one folder and put it on Mega if someone's too lazy to download 5 separate files. Should this go into the soundtrack pastebin?
megatenonline.proboards.com/thread/456/shin-megami-tensei-imagine-soundtrack

Yeah, put it in there. Also, of course it's in English. I'd play it on my Android if I didn't want to play the only localized version. (I have beaten it on Gideon's translation before though)

Has Gideon posted anything about if... in a while? I really don't want to look through his Twitter and sift through all the posts of him shilling his hax0r skillz.

Instead of working on if..., he used Fundraise on people following him to fund a trip to some city($100k?), so he could shill himself (or a program he made or something) to some company (I think they rejected him anyway). Someone even offered him money to release if..., and he refused, saying that it would take him several months or more to complete it (this was at least a month ago)

SFC version isn't worth playing anyway, trust me. PS/iOS version is superior in every aspect, and it also has new music (which was later remixed in Nocturne).

Give me some SMT feels.

You first.

Who published SMT IV in Europe?

>Persona isn't SMT because the fanbase is cancerous
The same could be said of Devil Survivor

Atlus I believe.

anyone has the links of Snes SMT I and II translated?

Didn't say Devil Survivor was SMT, but I was talking about not giving a fuck about Shinji anyway.

Not him, but I think that's not what they meant.
Besides, the thread used to not shut the fuck up about Persona 2 back in the day, and this might as well be Megaten General anyways.

It's all SMT.

That aside, how can you not like Shinji? Dudes a total bro for the 2 months he's around.

Pastebin.

I played if... PSX back then, and it's true that it's really good, but a translation is always nice. I don't mind the wait since it's not like anyone else would even pick up the series. If he takes a long time, we at least got the amazing Devil Summoner and P2EP stuff being worked on, and even someone crazy (cool) enough to try their hand at DeviChil.

>It's all SMT.
It's not, it's all Megaten.

>That aside, how can you not like Shinji? Dudes a total bro for the 2 months he's around.
I don't dislike him; he's actually the only character in Persona 3 that was okay, but his death didn't make me have "feels", it just made me annoyed with Ken. Shinji himself being gone was eh.

maybe im a dumb fuck but couldnt found it

Does the PSX version have any differences I need to be aware of if I use the translation guide?

What was the PSX version coded in?

I think it's in the Tips and Tricks one iirc.

Yeah. Too bad the game itself is torture.

I've yet to play the PS version myself, but I think if there are any changes, they are very minor.

If you mean the iOS version - yes, they ported the PS version to iOS. Probably because If wasn't released for GBA (SMT1&2 had unique content, like the Visionary Items), and they were too lazy to add content from Hazama's Chapter, which is a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwlS9lgXkRI

Just noticed how Shin Megami Tensei Sound Collection has a hidden track from Spiral Nemesis. Neat.

That does not answer the question about what code the game was programmed in.

By that I mean the PSX version. The PSX is the same as the PS1 you dipshit.

No it's not. Go to frozen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console)#Etymology

Kill yourself.

Anyway, I'm going to assume since it is just a port of the SNES version, that it was coded in some ass backwards form of assembly, since the PSX had games that were programmed in that anyway.

You mad bro.

I'm not a programmer, so I can't say for sure. Probably assembly.

I got over it.

I'm learning some coding but it is just Python and it is mostly for a scientific model. I want to move on to some advanced stuff so I can at least get some work done for fan translations, especially since Gideon and most fan translators are faggots who just sit on games and horde the shit out of them.

I also want to make a MMX style platformer and an adventure game a-la Sam and Max, alongside some other ambitious bullshit.

Good luck, senpai. The more people on /smtg/ that can code, the better off we'll be.

Are there any KMT desktop backgrounds?

We might actually get shit done for once that isn't singing off key songs or making decent drawings.

I'm still interested in the clusterfuck that is Giten. First it had to be patched so the battle timing would work on modern systems, then translation sounds like a nightmare because we might have nothing more than pre-compiled code with the text embedded into the executable to work with. Where the hell are we supposed to start with some of this stuff?

What is the release date for Apocalypse? I might try to complete SMT4 before it.

this summer

Giten would be a serious challenge. The priority would definitely be patching the timing bug so that at least people who work hard enough to learn moon can enjoy it.

How do you feel, knowing that its canon that you fuck flynn's boypussy in the massacre ending? Don't try to deny it either, since:

1: in the ending pic his submissive pose is clearly meant to look sexual. There'd be no reason for you to have him making a pose like that unless you actively wanted it to look sexual. And its too obvious a pose to only count as sexual for the viewer. The characters clearly see it as such also.

and

2: its openly a copy of the administrator ending from triangulum. And triangulum clearly has yaoi implications too. Not just because yamato wants your dick from the second he sees you, so the game is already pushing homosexuality, but in the actual ending, AO is wearing a matching version of your hoodie. Two guys don't go out by just themselves wearing matching clothes unless they're in a relationship. So down to the gay relationship they're copying it.

I'm pretty sure somebody figured out the fix for the timing already. It'd be an even more awesome shit show though if translating the game required redoing that patch too.

Are you waiting for that P5 announcement, /smtg/? I know you do, don't lie to yourself.

yes

I am expecting the worst from this countdown, if I were a betting man I would put it all on an anime ova release with no real mention of Persona 5 coming out anytime soon

There will be riots if this actually happens. At this point it's better to announce release date and then delay it later if something goes wrong. They also have 20th Anniversary and I'm sure they said P5 will be released before celebrations.

But I don't like purseowner that went past 2.

>Liking Persona 2

>not liking P2

What's the matter? Just because it's not your school dating sim? Why don't we talk about devouring our enemies in a virtual reality instead?

>Why don't we talk about devouring our enemies in a virtual reality instead?
Now that sounds good. DDS is the patrician story driven Megaten.

Night guys

>You will never devour an ass

recarmdra

I don't care for Persona and I don't own a PS3 or PS4. Glad you guys are finally getting something though.

It's really cool to me that they included such a variety of character cameos to fight in BattleNet in Devil Children. I mean, they've got Nanjo, DebiSama characters, that one guy from if..., etc.

I'm trying to go into it knowing as little as possible, but it would be nice to know a release date.