/xbcxg/ - Xenoblade Chronicles X General

>EARLY-GAME AND GENERAL INFO
>Xenoblade X All Purpose 'Everything' Google Doc - for H2H, Affinities, Tyrants, Collectopedia, Etc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true#
>Answers to Commonly Asked Questions:
pastebin.com/YtgZ9rVQ

>MID-GAME
>Probe Placement Guide For Getting 100K+ Miranium Storage and Credits:
imgur.com/a/ids81
>Steam group for Squad Missions:
steamcommunity.com/groups/xbcxg
>Squad Missions and Secret Missions Guide w/ mats (WIP):
pastebin.com/cgBkCcNz
>Tyrant Locations:
imgur.com/a/p2Zrb
>Region Maps w/ all Sightseeing Locations + Location of Collectables
imgur.com/a/hdxiA
jahed.io/maps/xenoblade-chronicles-x/search#view=1
>100% Segment Recon and Interactive Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EAXkUc8YcpjorX6jPyP1dPLG8uOTn1vuSPPGM1AsxaQ/edit#gid=1691603217
joejiko.com/g/xbx/db/frontiernav
>Damage Formulas, Battle Traits for Ground and Skell Gear, and Appendage Hardness
>Also Ultra Infinite Drop Chart
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9TJtB8ljXSd2j_F9iX2ltFSTgJnuqD3w9J8salKH-M/edit#gid=911942219

>LATE-GAME OPTIMIZATION
>Lvl 60 Skell Frame & Super Weapon Materials, Storage/Dupe/Boost Probe Locations
pastebin.com/drfLr3qw
>Crafting recipes (Augments, skell frames, fashion gear)
birdonwheels5.no-ip.org/xenoblade/augment_search.php
>Superweapon guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10KfkPJn5JiBfFTXXFj3BfVMKjzfe3y1gs88ctFMgviA/edit
>Superweapon blueprint locations
pastebin.com/vfzFwRTq
>Blood Lobster Locations
docs.google.com/document/d/1kU7nCw-ZWEuGDq9lPZEYCLm2F4UjKx8aRNFIlbbf3-k/pub
>Xenoblade Potential Calculator
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kd0Iv8_62U5ArlZp0m1CzYUNAOxKojwaTr8VS9Yzqig/edit?usp=sharing
>Weapons drops guide (Skell and ground)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17rguweuUX8hL9KseacmihTnsYeS01EYSo2JrFTDR09k/edit#gid=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

xbcxdamagecalc.paperplane.io/
imgur.com/a/V77rZ
gonintendo.com/stories/256649-xenoblade-chronicles-available-to-download-on-wii-u-tomorrow-nor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>USEFUL LINKS
>Damage Calculator
xbcxdamagecalc.paperplane.io/
>Skell Info Gallery
imgur.com/a/V77rZ

best mim

Jackie is for __________________!

covering in yoghurt aided by her owners!

Reminder to love your pard.

so yeah, they should be naked. nothing's stopping em

Ma-non floppy bits.jpg, anyone?

I keep getting stuff like this while grinding for a good potential photon saber

Arwae and Mikaye I often see in my game, can't remember Z at all. This is so fucking sad.

Updated the image.
Delete this

What was the other pic that had a faint naughty hint at the bottom, too?

This one?

So what is the spark next to Raven's head supposed to be

No, look lower.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about.
Do you remember which mim it was?

Your hood is showing ever so slightly, you dummy.
Can't recall the pic right now.

them too. but mostly us. after all who knows what kinda homeothermy problems ma-non might be having.. but mims will be fine

gonintendo.com/stories/256649-xenoblade-chronicles-available-to-download-on-wii-u-tomorrow-nor

Americanskis; you'll be able to download Xenoblade Chronicles on the VC soon. I've had since before X was released because Europe has their shit together but enjoy it all the same.

Eldena is corrupted! CORRUPTED!

I was asking for screenshot of the Ma-non near the AM terminal talking about how it's fine for males to flaunt their floppy parts but not for females.
Or was it the other way around?

i dont remember that.. you'd think i'd have noticed that if it was so close to a frequent place
all i remember is Izzy/Southparklady voice woman giving her stupid two cents AS FOR BLADE every time i ran over to the AM terminal from the blade concourse

I thought it was the other way around.

You have to talk to Aalis, she's near the shop one during the day.
And it's females showing it all, yes. , she's talking about making their GGG armors show more skin to sell more and when doing the same to the male models the human staff was against that idea.

it is funny how asymmetrical the asymmetry is. some manufacturers show tons of skin on the men, some don't.

Forcing to pose for inappropriate pictures!

Ixia is for ___________!

owning Jackie!

>tfw found a physical copy a year ago for 60 bucks

extra long and powerful overdrives!

What font is this, Jackson?

Did anybody lose a ton of interest in the game once they got skells?

I was loving this game and having a great time and then all of a sudden I have a skell with no explanation whatsoever on how it works or what the fuck the various abilities on weapons mean or how they will work before you buy them. Even once you figure it out, you get stuck fighting lvl 12 pop out enemies at lvl 40+ because there's no way to avoid them now and they just waste time plus exploration feels less fun and battle is boring as fuck.

I honestly wish they had kept it to ground only like the original and let you explore other ways. I was really enjoying this game and now I'm losing all my interest because I feel like skells are mandatory for fighting a bunch of enemies and exploration.

>you can't have a skell from the get go because they don't trust you enough because you're a rookie
>several chapters later
>hey we think you're the next best thing since Elma here's a skell, you earned it

you could just keep it in your garage. I rarely fight in my skell and use it for exploration.

You know you can see what the weapons do before you buy/equip them. Use your triggers.
>getting stuck fighting and other things that literally never happen
The only 'mandatory' skell fights are in highly inaccessible areas, and most of them can still be done on foot if you're determined.

Anybody else feel like Sylvalum was completely phoned in and boring? There's nothing to explore.

I think I avoided this situation just by exploring a lot before I got skells

At this point in the game, you're probably still going to do a lot of ground fighting since your skell is probably trash.

Skell fighting is either having weapons that can kill the enemy quickly without waiting for cooldown, which is boring, or having diskbombs. Diskbomb combat feels entirely different than the rest of skell combat; it's still just mashing X but at least it feels like a fight.

Actuall I think the contrary.
The heavily surveyed open areas are a nice change from Noctilum and Oblivia and it has many cool places and things around.

(You)

It's a throwback to a miyazaki movie (Nausicaa) so if you think of it that way it's neat.

I'll check in a bit. Not at my meme database right now.

Index here. Do I need to be a BLADE before I can do any of the online trash? Cuz I'm a Curator now and I want my team to quit being in sixth place which will never happen.

;_;

Yes.
You can start going online in Chapter 3 or 4 (can't remember which one right now).

Yes.

That being said, division ranks mean squat the prizes you get for having a high rank division are not useful, I wouldn't worry and just pick a division to get blade points / to give others good blade support (Harriers give probably the most useful support.)

It's contending with Cauldros for my least favorite area and winning.

It's both super open AND super dense with enemies. Any quest that needs to be done there is sure to end in tears. I was doing Alexa and Frye's recruitment quests and I had to spam "Assemble!" every time a Xe-dom raced past while doing Alexa's quest so people wouldn't end up aggroing it. When doing Frye's, I had to try lure away Liceors without triggering either the Lepyx standing behind them, the Aevitar to the side of them or the Xe-dom racing past. After killing one Frye learned Gatling Tornado and triggered everything nearby.

There's also the "fuck you" spores, the No Fun Allowed police Xe-Doms, shit that jumps out of the ground everywhere you go, fucking Jaculs and the most unnerving aesthetic of any continent where everything looks kind of pretty but is actually super ugly.

For the record, Obliva is my favorite continent because of how open it is while still full of things worth seeing and driving too (and the Dune aesthetic it has) followed by Primordia because of how it's layered, then Noctilum because the density of paths and focus on vertical areas while being relatively narrow, then Cauldros because it's a pain to explore and a challenge to navigate.

You can check who won, swap to the winners, grab the loot and go back to your division.

This should've been the school dress.

I'd focus more on a division that got me a lot of blade points to make probing and treasure easier. Curators are pretty good for that.

Woo baby. Finally going to play it legally.

it's different alright, but i enjoyed it MORE. suddenly there was EVERYTHING

what i would have done differently:
encouraged / required you to go to sylvalum and cauldros (even if only in a tiny restricted area) first, instead of simply making it possible (there's all this cool aerial walkway shit in cauldros but it's fucking imposslble to do til youre super strong)
skells were balanced kinda badly. they make you too strong, yet they also blow up SO damn easily.. and they render the whole class system a pointless afterthought. yet i fucking adore them... yet.. there's a million weapons for them but you'll be stuck using the same dozen or so because the stranger ones only drop from a few specific enemies you probably wont go after, because you have no REASON to.
thaat i think is the biggest issue.. see in xenoblade, if you did all the town quests (and why not? free experience AND you learn more about the world, and you get legitimately vital rewards, plus a ton of the quests lead surprisingly into other, much more unmissably important quests), you were tasked with fighting every kind of enemy, so you got little tastes of everything. little bits of every possible drop.
Here, the only reason for doing THOSE quests is fucking tank tops. even the experience and affinity bonuses are so miniscule theyre not worth it, and you hit your level cap so fucking quickly (and once you have skells who cares about level).
so basically it wasnt knitted together as well as it could have been. but I still fucking love skells and always will

>favorably comparing the quests in the previous game for any reason ever
Fuck off.

I remember realizing I had explored more of cauldros than sylvalum and felt weiiird about that. Basically sylvalum is a kind of a problematic 'valve' as it were. If you can get to it, you can get through it, you can get past it. it has no reason to be there except to make it longer to get to cauldros, and it spends almost NO time as 'the latest place you can get to' the way noctilum and oblivia did

there are PARTS of sylvalum i love (the highlands.. holy shit. the untargetable unmoving drinking cervids, the lake with its bizarre bloatymoose) but the overall nature of it is just weird. it's like... 60 percent edge. it's like an overbaked cookie whose hard edges make up most of its mass. Basically it tells no 'story' the way the others do.
There's still a cave in it somewhere i never explored because i was too scared, and now i can't fucking find it. I think. maybe i did and cleaned it out.. i'm just going by yellow squares now.. whereas yesterday I saw a yellow square, followed it into a cave, and it disappeared when i got into a fight. since when do they do that? turned out that cave had tons of treasures in it but it was so STUFFED with enemies i never found them before.

>At this point in the game, you're probably still going to do a lot of ground fighting since your skell is probably trash.
eh.. maybe i was just lucky and got good weapons, but I found my level 20 could tear apart things right up to level 39 with little difficulty. once you figure out how Bind works youre all set.

you can? i thought you had to be in that division for a day before you got it. also i heard there was a 'severe penalty' for switching
whichever one gets 5 points per blue crystal is best for early game.

the basic quests yeah! they're basically the same, what are you talking about?
my point is it gave you a real solid legit reason to go fight everything. here in X there's huge swaths of combat you can just skip because why bother? maybe there's useful drops, but you won't know til practically endgame anyway

The game talks about a penalty but there isn't one.
I think you can even get out of the rewards screen without picking a prize so if you forgot to change you don't miss on the top items.

shit if it wasnt a pain in the ass i'd start doing that
because i want to be a mediator just on principle
but i'd also kinda prefer getting melee attack and/or HP boosting

I've been a Reclaimer since the beginning and I thought it was fitting to ransack the rewards.

I think that's curator. They also get decent points for other activities. I hit rank 10 around chapter 10.

how do you check who won? never bothered with divisions outside of reward tickets and collecting rewards every now and then

New rule: If you don't have at least one robot limb you're not a real BLADE. I finally got to the part where I'm killing xenos and even they're praising me. They shout GOOD when they're at 50% HP and I love it.

Forgot my image.

>still wearing those unflattering pants
You need to rescue some aliens stat.

it's listed pretty clearly in the menu, divisogram, results, something in there.

There's three submenus.
Rewards
Stats
Change
On Stats there are three different tabs for total points, last day and current. Check last day's to see the winner into which one to change.

yeah i like that look too. i usually gave one to the girls no matter how skimpily clad. it just works! fuck yeah robot arm

Left arm is the correct choice.

These prone guys are so nice. They praise my combat ability and keep giving me presents. I can tell, because they say things like THIS IS FOR YOU, and then get down on one knee. I keep killing them before I can accept it though. I'm sorry, aliens.

why the fuck can't i upload 720p

Don't upload to miiverse, use imgur or any other file sharing site, you can even post them here directly.

Home>browser>email or image site of your choice>upload

Literally been doin that.

Uploading from TV and top screen and bottom screen and everything. Does the Wii U know I have a shitty CRT, or something?

ENEMY VANQUISHED

>tfw you'll soon be able to replace those two whores with good party members

"Vivaldi Italic"

I'm really bored.

Please wake me up

I will end you

I'd like to see you try.
[spoiler[It's time to make more photoshops, and I have an AMAZING one in mind[/spoiler]

>fucked up the spoiler
dammit
memes are still coming though

Jackson needs to be stopped! He's bullying Raven!

>getting Phog's height right for a change

I'm doing nothing of the sort.

Raven did nothing to deserve any of this

She killed Jackson.

She was doing the world a favor

If anything, we need to stop Eldena from stealing people's clothes. I mean, look at poor Jackie here.
She doesn't even have a single thing to wear.

I'm not complaining..

Jackie is pure! PURE!

p-pure... pure...

purely nude, yes. which is good.

Do not sexualize Jackie!

Raven is pure! PURE!