/fog/ - Fallout General

Guard Duty Edition

Pre-war thread: >CK when?
Now
[YouTube] Fallout 4 - Mods and the Creation Kit

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA
>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>/aco/ Thread (Buffscale fuck off)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Other urls found in this thread:

mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4
mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/787105
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its actually not!

>first for boring screenshots, waifus, and catsuits

So seeing as the GECK is out now....

3rd for Veeky Forums waifus

why did beth remove the plasma caster?
it was such a badass weapon (even cooler than the gatling laser cause you could impale someone with this shit if you wanted)

Welp, time to get back to work on this.

I hope melee weapons and guns are a lot easier than this, I'll probably never touch creatures again.

FG42 WHEN
G

W
H
E
N

xth for retards who argues about stupid shit should leave

I've got a sort-of-version back in for it for Unique Uniques.

>first for Gwen
>first for noodles
>first for Vault 81

Let's make /fog/ /tesg/ again!

Post your waifus, talk about random nerds and POST SOME GOD DAMN USELESS SCREENSHOTS.

Lorefags HAVE to go BACK.

Wish there were good mods already.

I am claiming this general in the name of the Brotherhood.

It shall be held ransom until we receive 30,000 caps and 15 1 ton shipments of mutfruit.

>everyone's face when

>/fog/ was dead after a day

So /fog/ can anyone help me out a bit?

I'm trying my hand at making a settlement, and I'd like to start by walling it in. In the past I've always just used buildings already in settlements because I'm kind of lazy so this is my first real attempt at more. I'm building in Starlight since this is my first time really trying to make something out of nothing and that gives me plenty of room.

The issue is that I want to fence-in my settlement but I'm having a challenging time doing so. When I try to build some metal walls around the perimeter, they constantly snap side-by-side and I cannot get them to angle without leaving an ugly gap. The 'corner' piece doesn't snap to the walls though so I cannot angle it that way.

How do people go about making those elaborate, interesting settlements I see all the time? I'm really struggling just with a simple perimeter!

Pew pew motherfuckers

but no seriously, can we keep the shitposting to a minimum ITT?

nah I mean that one guy arguing about how /fog/ was filled with Bethesdrones and didn't seem to even like fallout particularly

My genuine advice is to get the mod that snaps junk walls and use those. there are 90 degree corners and 30 degree curves.

Soon

>He's this mad that user in the last thread told him to shit or get off the pot after whinging for an hour about no one discussing what he wants

The junk wall with a few tires can clip a little bit for better freehand lineup

post eyebutts

WHAT IS THIS "PRE-OP" EYEBOT MEME???

>POST SOME GOD DAMN USELESS SCREENSHOTS.

It's my waifu. Well she will when I start trusting the creation kit.

I genuinely want to like it, but Fallout 1 feels really low quality after playing Fallout 2. Like there's way less dialogue options, building and scenery just do not make sense half the time (especially regarding pathways and interior connections), there are hundreds of empty containers uselessly strewn about to waste your time, way too many dialogue choices just lead into unpredictable single-option situations that railroad you into combat (with every NPC in the area of course).

It just feels very careless relative to the sequel. The one good thing I can say is that the "waterfall of punches" build user suggested (which can't be done after Fallout 2 fixed Fast Shot) is very funny.

S-Sorry.

DON'T GIVE THE EYEBOT TITS

>no tits
>eyebot is not wearing a catsuit with nipples

Back to NMA with you.

whats better, the official bethesda mod launcher, nexus mod manager or mod manager?

>not every container in a post-apocalyptic society should be filled with goodies
>dialogue choices have consequences

Garbage fucking game.

Eyebot tits manager

She will have them. I just need to figure out how to make them perfect. and give them physics

Actually now I really want to see someone give an Eyebot tits

I always felt it was the other way around.

Beep

That's like a male version of Eyebots.
And Fallout 3/NV eyebots are kinda like trannies, you now? They're feminine but have a dick.

Give me a week. I lost my computer. She's going to be perfect though.

my SS found an oblivion gate and learned destruction magic

mfw no delicious nirnroot potions

I'M GOING TO CUDDLE AND HUG ALLLLL THE ROBOTS AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

>posting The Sims in a Fallout general

What the fuck?

>>dialogue choices have consequences
No I mean you'll make a really fucking innocent selection, they'll give their response as a jerk, and then you have ONE option from that point and it's "tell them to go fuck themselves" which leads to combat. At the first selection point you have NO indication that it will lead to that and end up putting words in your mouth to start a fight for no reason. I won't pretend F2's dialogue was perfect (or even functional in some cases) but at least they wrote options that didn't shoot out of nowhere.

>innocent selection

Give me one example of what you're saying. Just one.

Didn't you know, user? The next FO4 DLC after Far Harbor has already been announced.

Fallout 4 : Livin' Large.
Fallout 4 : Hot Date
Fallout 4 : Into the Future

I wanna make a robot town fulla robits
Where should i do this?

The co-op with groovy bot

IN HELL.

That's not fit, user, that's grotesque body-duilder. Putting show muscles like that on Korra just doesn;t make sense.

Did they patch the game to change Sanctuary Hills to Sanctuary on the map? I could have sworn it said Sanctuary Hills before.

They might have something to say about it though.
Red Rocket.

>Far Harbor

So uh
Are the mods here
mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4
Safe to use?
Didn't use any pre-geck ones out of fear of fucking up my game but now that it's out it's fine right?

Well, user, if I don't go to help that settlement WHO WILL? Check and mate.

>Gwen will never give Nora a special welcome to Vault 81

does anyone else rush to take pictures when they discover a new place before the location fades?

They're all viruses

>Safe to use?
Yes.

>Didn't use any pre-geck ones out of fear of fucking up my game
Only the really dirty edits that used scripting or altered the worldspace were ones to avoid.
GECK-made ones should be completely fine, within reason.

there's still no guarantee so you might as well jump in now

Why does Elianora's mod make me have the vanilla body. I already did the batch build and nothing happened.

What's the dominant architectural art style in Fallout?

RUINS

What even is it?

>15 dollars for features that should be in the vanilla game

>Robert A. Altman is the current Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda Softworks, LLC.
>Robert was born to a Jewish family in 1947.
>look up Christopher Weaver
>looks 100% Jewish

Nice.

How stable is the geck/creation kit/whatever?

No, I mean like, is it a combination of Googie and Art Deco with a dash of Dieselpunk?

>dominant Art Deco, Googie, and Raygun Gothic architecture (Brutalist, Usonian, steel constructions, Lustron, Neoclassical, American colonial, Federal, and Victorian as well), reel-to-reel computers, big, bulky power armor (inspired by Wasteland and Starship Troopers), large and clunky robots, and so on and so forth. The idea was pitched by Leonard Boyarsky and eventually accepted by the team.

Arts Décoratifs, aka Art Deco.

Nevermind I'm just a dumbass and I got the vanilla version instead of the CBBE one.

>Christopher Weaver
literally who

mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/787105
>IMMERSIVE Yangtze Radio Station
>Details: Added a standalone radio station, including 15 Chinese songs from 40s. Super immersive.
>Super immersive
Why did the feeling of being engaged and part of a game world become such an abhorrent buzzword.

Founder of Bethesda and Zenimax.

Because 90% of mods are goofy ugly lorerape.

>Deacon tells me that the Railroad considers me lucky because I don't have any loved ones left for the Institute to threaten
>No option to point out that I now have people I care about in the present

>Video games can share classic art styles
Higher. Planes. Of. Thought.

Meanwhile, in Thief 2: The Metal Age...

...well its not like any of the NPCs in 4 are worth caring about

The joke is that this games railroads you entirely.

>bsg
lol what a fucking joke

Piper
Curie
Hancock
Nick
MacCready

Who are those? I only remember Piper and Nick.

Five forgettable backpacks with legs.

You're supposed somehow started with the railroad and already killed Kellogg before you were already level 20 and done much in the game.

Which bethesda should have realized is fucking impossible.

Yup ...my statement still stands

fuck y-you t-oo

>Piper
shit

>Curie
cute, but a synth

>hancock
ghoul

>Nick
synth

>MacCready
mercenary scum

all shit

THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A ROACH KING

How many Cazadores would it take to fuck up the Minutemen?

Nightmare Round: How many Cazaclaws would it take to fuck up the SS?

>not making curie into Eyebot waifu

has anyone ever made a black sole survivor?

I still haven't figured out if that's a man or a woman singing rocket 69
What happened to the other 68 rockets?

I hope not, neither voice would fit a black person.

It seems to vary across the country.

The opinions!
THE OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT THAN MINE!!!!
BURN IT DOWN! BURN IT ALL DOWN!!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
Considering stingwings are more annoying and they deal with them daily. A lot.
>Wanted to have a settlement full of glowing radroaches
>Haven't found a single one yet in my traps, probably impossible.

STOP. STIMMING.

oh damn, youre right...i never thought about that

Alright I give up trying to export this as is.

I gave the mesh to a friend of mine that is a Blender genius and they exported it as Dae for me, I imported the Dae into 3ds, exported as Nif. Doesn't work at all. No bones, no rigging. I've spent maybe 10-11 hours on this with no success. I would look up a tutorial if I knew what the fuck I'm supposed to be looking for, I figured I was exporting it wrong, so I watched a few tutorials on that, nothing helped.

I did everything you told me to do, maybe it works on your end, but on my end it just ends up looking like this, I'll try doing this with Dafini's help or something, if he could show me I could probably get used to doing this on my own more. I cut the side horn off in Blender, Dafini knows 3ds and will teach me how to rig it to the head rather than try getting this one to work.