/wtg/ Warthunder General

Damaged Nazibolt edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition
fanfiction.net/search.php?keywords="war thunder"&ready=1&type=story

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

Teamspeak you can use: ts.gonnahate.com

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs
Community content:
static1.e621.net/data/72/cd/72cd03363077b46a8b587fa7064a0a5e.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=myLsKEIO-Uk
static1.e621.net/data/72/cd/72cd03363077b46a8b587fa7064a0a5e.jpg
historynet.com/interview-with-world-war-ii-russian-pilot-evgeny-stepanov.htm
historynet.com/interview-with-world-war-ii-luftwaffe-general-and-ace-pilot-adolf-galland.htm
historynet.com/aviation-history-interview-with-world-war-ii-soviet-ace-ivan-kozhedub.htm
lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/articles/ovsyannikov/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for FUCK SPIT NIGGERS

>New thread
t. Whiny teenager

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

t. vegeta

t. a skinwalker

reminder to kill yourself

anime?

RIP, grmlz.

Reminder that the real thread is over here:

>Posted from my shitpost thread
Fuck off Discord aspie

>he said, while in a shitpost thread
look at what the last link in the OP is you shitter

>Getting autistic about the OP
Wew lad, great job at pointing something out that literally no one cares about

are you retarded?

>Community content:
>static1.e621.net/data/72/cd/72cd03363077b46a8b587fa7064a0a5e.jpg

how is this not a shitpost?

You're derailing the thread more than that ever will, senpai

Proper thread here:

Fucking nonce, this is just gonna get all the generals deleted.

>quitting before the long awaited reveal of World War mode

W E W

Actual proper thread

anyone playing crossout?

Has anyone ever won as the Russians in the ground event?

I've done well but haven't won.

Reposting since this thread has the most replies

How come when i set the game to borderless windowed at 1920x1080, it opens at 5760x1080 no matter what I do forcing me to play in windowed mode to get 1920x1080

Literally Gaijinn being apes and not fixing their game. being in fullscreen windowed or some shit used to make the game crash without fail every time you tabbed out.

>Contractor
t. Konig

Frig off
Have you checked your graphics card control panel? If you have nvidia, check your DSR settings. That's all I can think of.

Isn't that the guy that saw a drone overhead and told Vegeta he thought the government was after him?

Yeah. he literally wrapped tinfoil around his head.

>teeb
>>>/gaschamber/

How does one git gud with the stock 262 a1a? I feel so slow and helpless, and the guns, even though they delete anything, are just so low velocity. How the hell do I aim with these things?

>VePEDO enters the thread
>Teebry begins

hmm i wonder what happened here....

This sure is an ebin meme, friend.
Mind if I save it?

Why don't teebs just gas themselves?

>inna first valentine
>encounter Pz. IV F1
>it has a greater rate of fire than me

KV-1S is actually pretty swell.

WEW! SHOULD I GET?

OR SHOULD I GET?

its total shit

rip

good

Interesting read.

>Stepanov: I once attended the preliminary questioning of a Japanese pilot who had been shot down. I remember my amazement at his honest manner when asked why he had not chosen to commit hara-kiri. ‘My father’s a merchant,’ he said, ‘and told me to come back from the war in one piece. Let the emperor himself commit hara-kiri.’

historynet.com/interview-with-world-war-ii-russian-pilot-evgeny-stepanov.htm

>people actually adopted the unironic shitposting thread over the actual one because it was called whiny teenagers general

/wtg/ retardation never fails to amaze

ok slav(e)aboo

Reminder that the Caernarvon is bullshit.

>tfw no qt gf to dominate
why even live?

Other interesting interviews.

historynet.com/interview-with-world-war-ii-luftwaffe-general-and-ace-pilot-adolf-galland.htm
historynet.com/aviation-history-interview-with-world-war-ii-soviet-ace-ivan-kozhedub.htm

But I'm an Anglophile, user.

Why does it take so long to get to t5 planes

you're just poor

No Grmlz! No! :c

alrighty, I just unlocked the Hetzer

and I think I am done playing this game.

I have no fucking idea why this tank has a 4.7 battle rating. It's gun and ammo is the same as the stugs, it's fucking slower, it sucks harder at turning, it has less side armor... It is a nerf in every other fucking way besides the sloped front armor and I am getting upgunned by medium tanks.

I'm dying quicker to being sniped by AA than in the stug g

And nothing of value was lost.

sounds like a learn to play issue

Do you even bother with 50/100kg bombs after the assault fuse introduction?

Fuck off naziboo

How can such a shitty game be so fun?

How can such a fun game be so shit?

>We know you guys always tell use that Battle Ratings aren't a good way to do matchmaking, but there simply isn't a better way to do it
>History proves that battles weren't equal
>Our planes are built for accuracy
>It depends on the user to make a vehicle good
>And that's why our post-war prototypes get to fight planes from 1942

Can you fucking imagine if this game was run by competent people?

because nothing says learn to play more than doing jack shit to a cromwell full frontally because you haven't grinded enough with a supposed UPGRADE of a tank to get the same ammo you had before for the same gun to do the same damage you did a tier before.

>doing jack shit to a cromwell

is this a joke

that thing has tin sheeting for armour

pro tip, you can go into other nations, preview their vehicle and then select armour viewer to see their weakspots

alternatively, stop being a fucking whiny naziboo shitface and git fucking gud.

lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/articles/ovsyannikov/index.htm

Pretty down to Earth interview with a Cobra pilot.

Don't remind me. I cry every time.

battle rating is a fine idea, everything they said to justify it is ok

it's just that in reality the BRs don't work a lot of the time because of compression and some retarded BRs.

Reminder that the Spitfire LF Mk.IX is the easiest plane in the game.

That's not a Yak-3

In terms of BR maybe, but LF Mk.IX is overall the easiest thing in the world.

I've stomped Yak-3Ps easily in the LF Mk IV. It has all the same advantages but better climbrate and better guns.

But sure teeb, keep trying to say that the russian plane is the worst.

I'm half expecting Gaijin to sell the game to someone else or close it down, if it keeps bleeding players at this rate.

Do we all have a collective giggle at Gaijin's expense, if WoWP is still around at that point?

Nah, WT is bad but not that bad. So long as they're still making an acceptable amount of money, Gaijin won't abandon it. They've put way, way too much work and money into it.

A rebranding I could see though. Try and shut down or say that WT is finished, wait a year or two while working on the game and release a "next gen" war thunder. Better engine more shit, etc. etc. It's what they did with the game that came before WT anyways, except that one wasn't F2P.

I also wouldn't put it past them to run WT with a skeleton crew, releasing mainly premium content while jumping on the current modern tanks hype.

I mean, AW started it. WG are apparently working on a modern WoT, so Gaijin might think "Better get my grubby hands in there"

It's a shame they'll probably never do a Korea-to-Vietnam era flying game, because supersonic speed and missiles are hard to implement )))))

will we ever see the world war mode?

Who /gettingtheircomet/ here?

5 more hours til its mine boi

>tfw Grmlz became one of us jaded guys
>tfw I have been watching him progress from arcade up to a proper fucking sim player
>tfw he joins the youtubers that got broken by gaijin

it's a sad feel

Is very difficult to implement, but will be released soon ))))))

>youtubers broken by gaijin
You mean crybaby naziboo shitters who don't deserve to play with Grmlz

how do you know that

fuck that'd be nice honestly, not even joking

I really like the idea of modern tanks, but Gaijin would have to unfuck their current GF DM for that to be enjoyable.

inb4 scarper justifies why a 120mm DU core smashing through a tank at 2,000m/s wouldn't kill everyone in the tank

Knowing Gaijin, they'd probably match the Armata against Leopard 1 though.

Let's put it this way, you have a better chance of being an actual pilot in World War III than you do seeing this mode implemented.

Ok why the fuck can't I join an EC match with nazis or teebs planes? It says "missing one of required vehicle" for every BR.

fucking gaijin

He's right about everything he said.

Warthunder's latest battle rating devblog was a final slap in the face and my personal breaking point; fuck this game and fuck Gaijjin.

They've done nothing but stab us in the back over and over and then salt the wounds while we weren't looking.

Disgusting developers.

what was World War mode anyways?

>Video time 9:11

Truly the worst tragedy

Grmlz doesn't know the meaning of "short"

I always imagined it would be something like the WWII chronicles events, but progressively stray from how it worked out historically based on data from each battle
>nazis would probably win the war every single time unless the game somehow was changed drastically

Might have been an attempt to have some sort of "Clanwars" like WG games or MWO.

Got to give the good goys a reason to keep playing after all.

Oh fuck, would I actually have a reason to join one of the shitty 508s to get vehicles and rewards and shit

Gaijin's slowly losing youtubers.

If they did it like MWO, it would be a big map and people would join Axis/Allies nations to get rewards for fighting in glorified random battles over territory.

This is honestly the worst thing that's happening to Gaijin right now. The player loss isn't drastic enough to be that big of a problem, but consistently losing long time WT youtubers means that their window to potential new players is getting smaller.

Is no wonder the youtuber account exploit is a thing, Gaijin must be desperate for supportive youtubers.

Grmlz wasn't ever a "gaijin positive" youtuber, was he? Gaijin are probably happy about the sim mode getting less exposure either way, soon they'll be able to get rid of it entirely

what the fuck is that accent

can't watch a video with that accent

he speaks like Gman from Half Life

Post cute

And THICC

If they don't have a press account then they don't need to be pro-Gaijin. Magz, for all his faults, still doesn't have a press account for WT (Even though he could with his sub count) and so can shit on them pretty easily.

My point is that him being gone probably isn't a bad thing for gaijin

You know what to do

It's a good thing. They don't give a fuck about player feedback, but losing known and reputable youtubers might put a message across.

Though, yeah, he was often very critical of Gaijin. We all know it's because he wanted the game to improve, but we also know how Gaijin reacts to criticism

>THICC

Your wish is my command

It was still exposure for the game. Grmlz made a lot of gameplay videos for WT, which could entice new players to play the game. And he wasn't constantly shitting over the game that would make a new player go "Eh I probably won't play it then"

>Gaijin must be desperate for supportive youtubers.

I remember when they bombarded some Russian youtuber with takedown notices, because he dared to post World of Warships videos on his account that previously featured mostly Gaijin content.

Ground forces is the only thing keeping War Thunder alive

Flying planes requires much higher levels of autism than what the average audience will be able to sustain.