/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>Patch Notes:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log

>Live Letter #29 this coming Friday
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4f273bcf59598c181bb5d87c21652393de021704

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/KnerUPn4

>Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q82pVQ3MAns
nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-fire-emblem-fates-strong-sales-in-the-u-s/
youtube.com/watch?v=qcWKZTI9OC4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xth for have a good one everyone

who wants to play some video games
I need a7n and dusk vigil or we could do experts since I need my pants still as well

Robin's plans were actually tactically sound that's why they worked.

>MUH VOLCANO
They were about to be caught in a pincer move from a force that outnumbered them by a lot. The volcano denied the enemy their two key advantages.

>MUH SHIPS
Ramming your empty ships into the larger enemy ships to destroy them was used as a legit tactic during some naval battles in real life back in the day.

guys ;)
i guff ;)

Chemo's triggered again, post character and youtube

>youtube.com/watch?v=q82pVQ3MAns

Woo finally got my hyperweapon

You, Shana and Pearspeed should just get together and form... I don't know, some kind of buddy games linkshell. Something like that.

lmao Lucinafags would get absolutely annihilated if put against Femuifags, even the Smashfags prefer Femui out of all FE girls now

Ultros is dead.

I can't make any new friends.

Has anyone else's server just turned face up and croaked?

How is triggering chemo with that post going to stop chemo from getting triggered? What kind of avatarfag logic is this?

Lonely au ra looking for friends...

PST...

I usually ask in there but people are doing other stuff at these hours like raiding or a few guys are doing sephirot
desu I've never actually played with someone just by asking here but maybe someday

Lucinafags are delusional. Robin and Lucina have zero chemistry.

>using logic to deal with chemo

you should hyper choke yourself

I would if we were on the same server

Have a good evening everyone~

>Switch to sword oath after I gather enough aggro
>I pop instantly

What fucking do, I feel like the odd man out when tanking and producing low numbers

>Honestly the should feel threatened by Femui or something.

Why do you think they go after Azura in the first place? Because she's easy game.

Look at pic related. LOOK AT IT.

They can't even fucking T O U C H Femui. They'd get destroyed my guy.

Granted I prefer the "wrong" pictures of busty Lucina. I like my "Sword and Spear warrior women" like pic related, but I can see Lucina's normal appeal.

Liking Azura is definitely fine.

Remind me, what plan did Azura actually give you that didn't work?

>Attack both armies so they'll listen.
The Nohrian and Hoshidan armies were about to start decimating each other and then there wouldn't be anyone alive to listen. Attacking both sides basically force-ended the battle into a double retreat so you could talk to the royals later, after they probably calmed down. Which they did. It wasn't a terrible plan, just reckless

Do you mean die?

If it's a fairly large pack and I feel the need to even use Sword Oath I always pop a CD during the transition.

Your DPS is fucking garbage in AoE anyway, might as well sit in Shield Oath and let the healer DPS.

2-3 mobs you shouldn't by dying in Sword Oath unless you're undergeared in early HW dungeons. Shit hits like a truck.

tanking in dps stance is no longer a thing. The dps uptime healers get from you using tank stance is higher than the difference between your stances.

If it's one or two mobs there's literally no reason not to switch to a DPS stance. Don't be bad.

>Azuracucks pretending to be Femuifriends (who dont bully/shitpost) to take pot shots at Lucina.

Pretty pathetic honestly. But it's what I expect of waifufags of the Azura variety.

anyway to turn spell effects off?

In a poll held YEARS ago.

Do you seriously think Lucina would still hold that same place if a poll was conducted again? Her time is fucking up. Put her in a room with Femui and she won't come out alive.

Healers do more damage than tanks straight up. Against one or two mobs a paladin is better off casting clemency on themselves.

hmu Casseia Majumdar

That's just wrong.

It's Savage. I feel like I should be doing more since this "learning group" can't seem to pass the hummelfaust DPS check.

You only buy one though. The other two are DLC and don't count towards "buying the game" for a count.
It's like
Awakening cartridges vs Fates cartridges, which are split between Birthright + Conquest
Revelations super doesn't count since there is no "Revelations cartridge"

>cucking beepy

she deserves better

whatchu wanna do
alex, expert, leveling
I'm up for whatever man

Sounds like your healers don't know how to heal a tank in DPS stance while DPSing. You're not failing DPS checks because you're not in DPS stance, though, I guarantee you that.

Whatever you want, we can do a7n. Cool if beepy comes? I don't know your name :v

>tfw FE cycle
>people shat on awakening characters, and robin, and now like them
>people went on how awakening magic was shit and now they like it
>when FE15 launches they will be all over Fates

Do you erp

this is so true i actually laughed

yeah sure just invite me
stratos aragoneu
I'm fine with partying with literally anyone I don't really have any major gripes

>Femuifags would destroy Lucinafags

Loving this meme.

>Lucina is similar to Azura in that they are both designed to make you feel bad for them and think they are just oh so strong and great for enduring such hardship
Literally none of Azura's supports are "My life in Hoshido was shit." She liked it there and had a cushy life.
Again, Lucina's opposite number would probably be Femui since Femui's the one that goes "I grew up in Nohr trapped in a castle and sometimes my siblings would come visit me but it was still shit and daddy hates me and apparently I'm some kind of adopted by force kid, so I'm like rapedopted or something."

>tfw frequent xiv and fe general
chemo is spoiling me. also i forgot who it was but would the ebin that used my amelia pic earlier kindly go fuck a cactus? amelia is mine and mine alone. make a putt quote or something faggot.

not with scum like you

>Talia in rarex

hahaha, a new Veeky Forums fc is born

told you

Fun fact

Warrior tank stance outside of IB does not make you tankier

You actually netgain more hp out of deliverance + bloodbath + overpower if the healer is dpsing

PLD aoe is fucking garbage though, theres barely any reason to go into sword oath against multiple mobs.

>LUCINA'S POPULARITY IS UP! SHE'S FINISHED!!

Oh hey it's like it's 2014 again

I am not scum.
You don't even know who I am.

mia best swordgirl

Lucina has an amiibo, that already puts her ahead of femui since she will be in more games due to amiibo compatibility.

inb4 liora, moni, neko and seto somehow end up there

They are literally on Proci and Guffy's level, so why not?

nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-on-fire-emblem-fates-strong-sales-in-the-u-s/

>With respect to Fire Emblem Fates released in February, this graph shows a comparison between the total sell-through in the U.S. market and the total sell-through in the Japanese market, where the title launched earlier. The week of each launch is counted as Week 1.

>Sales surpassed the 500,000 mark in the U.S. in Week 6 and have continued without losing momentum. Recently, sales caught up to Japan and are even maintaining a pace slightly higher than in the Japanese market.

>This graph adds a comparison with the previous entry in the series, Fire Emblem Awakening. As you can see, there are major differences in the trends in the Japanese and American markets. In Japan, most of the demand is filled within the first few weeks after launch, but the Fire Emblem series continues to perform well over a long period in the U.S.

>In the past, the Fire Emblem series did not sell as well in the U.S. as it did in Japan. However, Fire Emblem Awakening greatly expanded the user base for the series, and the current entry, Fire Emblem Fates, has been popular abroad as well since launch.

I love lunatic mode.
I love shrine maidens.
but that fucking hex staff is cucking me in the ass
why did IS decide they should be a permanent debuff? It just makes me turtle like a piece of shit

It does though. You WILL be getting healed through either fairies or regens.

>Member: Midcore raiders/social members that have been referred to the FC and wish raid on a higher level, or learn from those that already do.
As long as this rank exists there will be no limit to who they involve. There is no quality control, evidenced by letting trash like Guffy and Kiki in.

You have to admit those poll comments were pretty damning. It's like every Camillafag stereotype was proven to be valid.

Regens are snapshotted, if you have defiance on when the regen is applied it will not change if you swap into deliverance

Fairies are different, but you can netgain about the same healing from bloodbath overpower as the 20% extra healing from fairy. Lustrate doesnt work on defiance healing anyways which is most of a SCHs healing if theyre stance dancing anyways.

The sales are probably still a little bloated because of idiots that buy Conquest and Birthright physical because they just really need physical copies.

Probably not by much though.

>no quality control

That's why it won't last a month.

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS

CENSORSHIPFAGS WIN AGAIN

FUCKING TREEHOUSE SHILLS

They're trials for a reason. If they can hold themselves to a certain standard and show people that they're capable of being good, they'll stick - if not, it's out of my control.

Because I'm friends with them, they were given a chance. Don't worry so much, guy.

>Yesterday, we announced that we will follow Miitomo with Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, two new applications based on our IPs, as the next steps in our smart device business.

>We will provide more details about these applications closer to the launch period, but I will provide a brief description of both of them today.

>The first IP is Fire Emblem.

>Fire Emblem is a pioneering role-playing simulation game series, combining the tactical elements of a simulation game with the character customization elements of a role-playing game.

>It is also well known by the catchphrase “tough-to-beat simulation.” This high-quality simulation game depicts intense battles in a sword-and-sorcery world inhabited by unique and charming characters, making it well-loved by fans.

>Fifteen titles have been released in this series, from Fire Emblem: Ankokuryu to Hikari no Ken (Japanese title) in 1990 to the latest title, Fire Emblem Fates.

>This series has many passionate fans, particularly among gamers in their 20s and 30s.

>As I mentioned before, the latest title, Fire Emblem Fates, is selling well in America and has found a wide audience outside of Japan as well.

>We have also released many spin-off titles and related products, and this has become a major IP for Nintendo, both in name and in substance.

>We are currently developing an application for smart devices based on Fire Emblem.

>We expect that many consumers will experience Fire Emblem for the first time on their smart device, so this application will offer a more accessible style of gameplay compared to the titles for dedicated video game systems. At the same time, we still aim to provide a fully engaging experience as a role-playing simulation game.

Elysium lasted longer than a month with groupies pouring in like Rheia and Mezzu.

Considering this was ENACTED by the 3 new leaders of Rare Ex, it's safe to say it will stay a thing well into 3.3/3.4.

Censorship will most certainly cannibalize #FE's sales though, if the fact that it was on the Wii U and is a completely divisive title to begin with didn't already

Like damn you're better off buying the Mario & Sonic game that releases on the same day

You turned this FC into a Veeky Forums FC. Grats buddy

Get ready for Demo as history loves to repeat itself

Pretty sure a lot of those comments come from people who didn't vote for her and are mocking for why she won.

And before someone retaliates (because you will), here's another thought process to consider: If you don't believe in the previous statement, isn't it more embarrassing how all the Fates characters lost because of that reason? At least in Awakening, Lucina never lost to any fanservicy girl.

I hate chemo

>Pretty sure a lot of those comments come from people who didn't vote for her and are mocking for why she won.
That AND a bunch of people who voted for her and were making "Epik funny jokes" about that's why they voted for her.
It's a recorded phenomenon that if you treat people a certain way, they'll stop caring about you and live down to your expectations in some kind of mockery.
"You only like her because of her boobs!"
"No, I like her because (reasons)"
"Uh-huh, yeah right. (Mocks you)"
vs
"You only like her because of her boobs!"
"Damn straight, I love some tits! (Mocks them)"
Humans are weird.

Who?

Fire emblem is shit.

/XIVG/ General:
Where we avatar fag, shit post, talk about games, and say nothing about the actual game this fucking general is based on.
this shit needs to burn..

youtube.com/watch?v=qcWKZTI9OC4

Big talk from someone that's a trial member yourself.

So you are fine with optional things taken out of the game, things you didn't have to do if you didn't like.
You don't like it so thank goodness no one else can make use of them.
It's not like they added an option to skip the face rubbing, they just cut it out.

guffy generation ladies and gentlemen

>let me rev up another shitpost senpai hol up let me frag this charlie

if you saw this random b*tch in the street you think she'd want cummies?

im perfect and i will selectively not hear people who say otherwise (by accident)

Well thing is that it's more likely that it's partially due to her being one of the best units in the game. A lot of pro-Ryoma comments were about how he carried them through Birthright after all.

But really, I mean those are the only two things casuals will really care about; appearance and how strong the unit was. Anything else will be secondary to them.

You're going for the angelus brand of "irony", I see.

So, what do you plan to achieve today in game if you play? Have you achieved what you wanted for today? Why or why not?

>after one attempt get tired of Birthright 23
>dump all the tonics I have on Ryoma and let him go on a lobster rampage
>kill Arthur and Effie with no mercy
>got him from level 8 to level 14
Fuck that chapter. If it was every other turn it'd be bearable but fireballs all the time is not cool, fuck you Camilla. Also I noticed Arthurs clothes explode into the merc outfit instead of Fighter, which is interesting.

>Proci literally injected cancer cells into Rarex and is now slowly killing it

watch the tumor grow

She'd probably help you jerk off

>how to get filtered

i'm afraid to ask f am

Proci "Blood for Blood on Bio Arithmetics and die" Tia

Oh man it'll be like Dalamud only instead of watching the slowly approaching Bahamoon we'll get to see a rapidly expanding Tetsuo made out of an entire FC.

That's pretty rad.

Looks like a BJ type of girl, so yeah.

But the moment she says " cummies " i'd take my dick back and slap her face.

Lucina will forever be number 1, femuifags, camillafags, and azurafags can stay cucked

lalalalala im not listening lalalala

Flirt a bit before you ask it in the most pg-13 friendly way possible.
No one would dress up their character like that if they weren't slutty.

A R M O R B O Y S

W
W
@

>Analyzing the graph I can only conclude that censorship sells.

>When you tailor a foreign product to suit the tastes of a local audience at large, it sells more. Who woulda thought?

ITS NOT FAIR

PEOPLE PREFER THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT

ALL THIS DOES IS TELL MEEEEEEEEEMEHOUSE THAT CENSORSHIP IS OKAY!

I don't think Camilla or Azura are really threats. You should be concerned about Femui though, at least in Japan.

It's not so much that people that know of the changes necessarily like them, but rather that when it comes down to it they'd rather play the game regardless. I doubt the game would have sold worse if the game wasn't so heavily censored.

idk what to do next

Cutting face-rubbing was a good idea, yes. The minigame would become horribly tedious otherwise, and only the most hardcore of waifufags would use it regularly. With that aspect removed, your average player can just hit a button and be immediately rewarded with cute dialog and support points. It's better this way.

The cut swimsuits and the removal of the bath house camera controls is fucking retarded, though. None of the extra swimsuits really showed anymore skin than the default, and all the camera would have done is allow for silly screenshots Miiverse. I'd say Miiverse is the reason why they cut it, but that doesn't make much sense considering you can still strip people and use the camera in the accessory shop.

It's also complete bullshit that female Kana can no longer access swimsuits, but male Kana still can. If NoA wants to treat them both like children, then treat them both like children—not just the little girl.