Dreadnought

Dreadnought Thread since there isn't one.

Bump for beautifully modeled ships

I'm surprised there aren't more posts, This game is pretty great if you like Space + World of Warships.

I think most the people are in streams begging for keys right now, or playing the game.

WoWS went to shit during the beta tho.

by during, you mean right at the end.

Also the comparison to WoWShits is actually not a great one. This is closer to a faster paced Fractured Space.

The only think I can think of that causes him to say its like WoWS is that you point your mouse at stuff to shoot and have to lead targets a bit (like every other game ever) and you have abilities and special things you can use. Thats where the similarities stop.

Unlike WoWS every module of the ship can be changed to do what you want, so if you want to run a missile boat you can do it. And all of the modules are viable so upgrades may not be upgrades for your play style.

>you mean right at the end
Actually, I mean just at the start. The change from the last alpha build (the one of the "beta weekends" than had shallow waters and shit) was the start of the end. Everything went steadily to shit after that.

I didn't played Dreadnought tho. Guess I'll wait warmly for the open beta.

Yeah its fun, have yet to find a ship that I found completely out classed or useless. the Rock Paper Scissors style is working well here.

Dreadnoughts are strong against other dreads and against small ships that dont play smart.

Arty cruisers are glass cannons, and are very week to close up engagements. but are very strong against dreads and can do massive damage when they hit

Corvettes are strong against arty cruisers and anything that they can get the jump on. They excel at hit and run more than anything.

Destroyers (havent played as much of them) are heavy dps, but less of brawlers than the dreads, their weakness seems to be their lack of maneuverability they can get swarmed easily

Tactical Cruisers very well might be the least well balanced of all the classes. Their heals are ok, and their damage output is ok but they have weak defenses. Some times the heal doesn't seem like it does enough, but they seem balanced if your team plays smart

>beta key never ever

Xth for raping corvettes as tacticals

>begging for 10 dollar keys

Nobody is that poor if they got acces to an internet connection

How do i change which ship my matchmaking chooses first?

Are they doing short beta periods or is it permanently open?

From where? Didn't find anything on ebay.

you can literally buy them from the dreadnought webpage.

closed beta access is the hunter pack for 10 dollars

is progress saved for live?

Oops, thanks user.

>What is Dreadnought?
>Dreadnought is a free-to-play tactical, space action game.
>free-to-play
OH COME ON

Honestly, is not looking that terrible as far as most people free to play fears go.

Yes I know the economy is not in the game yet, nor is the premium time thing, so we will have to wait to see how they implement that. But my understanding is that ALL of the premium ships you get for buying into the beta are not actually any different from the base ships you can buy. Yes they are aesthetically different, but they use the exact same parts as all the other ships, and you cant even change their loadouts. So far its looking like a good start

Difference will probably be more money and free xp gain. At least if there's something like free xp. Played the Alpha but not too much so I don't really remember the details right now.

I have yet to see anything in the UI to indicate free xp. It seems most of the stuff is locked behind player level. So the primary thing that will slow you down as far as I can tell is going to be player level and money.

Ah yeah, I remember now. First it was per ship, second or third Alpha they changed to that character advancement thing. I have to say that I prefer the per ship advancement cause now you unlock accross the board so if your favorite class doesn't get anything you're out of luck.

Yeah, but so far it seems like upgraded modules are not "better" they are just different. So there is that.

>Me every time i play corvette

Why do i always get a team who cant do a jabbering fuck even if i chainkill the enemy snipers and medics and waste half of their destroyer and dreadnought cooldowns every time i go in.

True enough. I remember seeing upgrades that were just different which is also not bad at all.

Refresh my memory. Fleet Points are money, right?

I am glad I can say I dont know that feel yet. I primarily play Arty Cruiser, but I can tell when I cant carry the team and need to grab a dread or destroyer.

As of right now it seems most people playing bought the tag line "size matters" and think that because they are in the biggest ship they can just sit in the center of the map and brawl with everything they see

yea those are the F2P credits

I remember the gain being slow as shit during the Alpha. Was like 300 for a win so it took forever to actually buy something. And it didn't seem to matter how well you played.

there is currently no economy. You gain credits but everything only costs 1. I think they are just trying to bulk test the ships and modules right now.

That's different than the Alpha then. cause I remember ships costing like 4-5k or something and you still got next to nothing for a match. That's why I didn't bother playing cause it was impossible to look at anything but the basics. Which makes sense for an Alpha I guess. Game seemed to be pretty solid none the less.

Yeah game play is good. The graphics are nice, the ship animations are fucking amazing, and the fact that modules are actually change when you change them is nice. Now if we could only have the ability to target subsystems. Give us some reason to aim when shooting at a ship. Imagine being a sniper and just bridge sniping dreads?

I was pleasently suprised at the details like when you fire torps and shit. How they pop out at the side and get launched. I really enjoy stuff like that. Hope they'll keep that up.

Yeah, watching the missile bays open or the torpedo tubes lift is one of the best parts

Think I'm gonna download the beta when I got time.

So are the download servers borked? Keep getting HTTP transport errors during download.

Had the same, open the settings and disable HTTP.

Or just let it run, it will keep tripping on the error but finish eventually.

Yeah it keeps going back and forth. Pausing it and continuing works as well though.

i just got a key from a streamer. how long does this beta last?

closed until 29th
after that a while, they said they wanted to delay release a bit.

Are they closing the servers after 29th or just doing a wipe and open beta?

The 28th is when the actual closed beta starts I think. My understanding is the "closed" closed beta started the 27th for founders and people founders gave keys to.

no its just early access for founders/alpha players.

Apparently you get two invites when you buy a pack so if anyone wants either of mine, reply with email.

>45 minutes without replies
stillborn gaem

I'll get one, but I'm too lazy to make a throwaway mail and I'm going to be busy the next month whit the KanColle event and RL stuff.

This game is annoying

>Heal
>Destroyers go "xD lets warp to enemy"
>Get killed by corvette because now I'm completely alone
>After a while
>"Hmm, healer gets killed by corvette"
>"Lets change to snipers xD"

I go about 50/50 in my sniper against corvettes. But yeah, people dont know what to do in this game yet

game isn't fun desu. played for 3 hours and i'm going to uninstall.

Kind of have to agree, only way it'd be fun is if you had 4 friends you were playing with.

Solo play is really really boring.

i was thinking the exact same thing. solo que is shit but i imagine playing with a 5 stack would be fun.

I started the game and the mouse moves really unnaturally, I think it's some kind of smoothing/acceleration. Anyone else noticed it?