/ps2g/ - PlanetSide 2 general

minecraft edition

IDS HABBENIGD
--
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-4-28.240178/#post-3389244
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/#post-3388875
--
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SILOS NEEDED

You must construct additional pylons.

nth for rip airgame

>nth for rip airgame
And nothing of value was lost

game alive af all day

>spawn repair sundy
>drive to base
>park it
>alt+tab out
>nip back in now and then to make sure everything's OK
>do nothing otherwise
>free n' easy certs

I approve of this update.

Noob here. I went NC and I've spent all my welfare certs. I decided to main engineer, so I bought several levels of the repair tool, the GCS and the two grenade launchers, and some C4.

I fucked up, didn't I?

so I got some questions:

What is the best way to take down bases? AP? Rocketpods? Hornets? c4? tank mines?

Once you take down a VP gen, how does it decide where your faction's VP gen is?

What is the efficiency think on the map next to cores?

with all this added defense, what the game REALLY needs now is artillery ;^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

you fucked up a good amount, should have asked here first.

GCS isn't good, grenade launchers are pretty useless, you should have stuck with the Merc.

C4 isn't very good on engy, generally you want tank mines instead, should have gotten it for LA.

only smart thing you did was up the rep tool. you should get it to max, as well as get probably flak armor

>so I bought several levels of the repair tool
Good
>the GCS
Questionable
>the two grenade launchers,
Not really good
>some C4.
Eh
Did you do the cert refund yet?
Best ways of taking down bases are C4 and HEAT
Supposedly, the devs were thinking the process goes like this
>Tanks kill turrets, allowing infantry to advance into base
>Infantry kill modules, halting AI, auto-repair, etc.
>Everyone kills VP gen, base goes kablooey

the gd-7f is made out of sex and cumming

Kinda random, but the someone should imitate Ace Combat's briefing videos for guides on how to take down bases.

>Tanks kill turrets, allowing infantry to advance into base
>Infantry kill modules, halting AI, auto-repair, etc.

I was just at a battle where it unfolded just like that. The infantry part lasted for a good 20 minutes and they blew up a fuck load of modules. The only reason they weren't able to finish off the gen is a big armored zerg showed up and ended the battle.

It was funny fighting inside the half destroyed base though.

I was hoping the underbarrel attachments would give the class more versatility. Turned out that the regular launcher is a peashooter. I have had some fun with the smoke though. I dropped some extra certs on a thermal sight, which means that if I pop smoke into a room full of enemies, I'm likely the only one who can see anything for about ten seconds. I've been getting a load of kills that way, but not enough to justify how cripplingly overspecialized the combination is.

Yeah, already did the refund. It didn't refund the gun though.

Anyone have the weapon flowcharts?

the orion is the most based and user friendly starter gun available.

>need to sit in a queue to warp out of VR
lol

>g-guise look, all conts are full! we t-totally didn't reduce the p-player cap!

>a hurr durr durr
t. you

That would be CARV

Carv is more fun, orion is easier to use, Saw is poopoo pee pants

>revamped maps
>base construction

Please tell me they didn't fuck up Howling Pass.
Defending that base from attacks coming from the north is my favorite part of that map.

Howling Pass didn't change. The lattice link between Mao Southeast and Howling Pass was removed so now the midfield fights are bretty gud

>Howling Pass
I don't think they touched it at all.
But hey, Abandoned NS is gone now!

The game is 3 years old and you're using starter guns?

>tfw I liked it, along with most bases that got nuked

>But hey, Abandoned NS is gone now!
Aww man. It was a bitch to take and hold, yeah, but that desert could get some MASSIVE armored column fights going.

I'm sorry for your lose
and your questionable taste
>that desert could get some MASSIVE armored column fights going.
Oh don't you worry, armor fights seem like they're going to happen even more.
That desert to the east is a wonderful place for ANTs and their bases.

> Find an active autism builder base with functional HIVE and filled silo
> Pull a maximum upgraded proximity repair sunderer from any nearby base
> Drive to the base in the proxy repair sundie and use the silo terminal to unlock the mini-garage and shield generator module.
> Purchase the mini-garage (using cortium you faggot; give the autists a reason to keep filling the silo and YOUR MODULE POWERED)
> Find a place within the base where you can drop it down next to something likely to be attacked. Preferably multiple things. Preferably build more shit around it, too. (Cortium) If there is no space, build outside.
> Go back to the silo and grab a shield module. (COR-TEE-UHM!)
> Drop the shield module in, yes INSIDE, your mini-garage, by a corner or side edge and out of the way.
> Drive your proxy repair sundie inside the garage and AFK or Alt-Tab and check back every 3 minutes to make sure you don't disconnect

You can now enjoy:
- Being in your own little bomb shelter, generating repair certs from any nearby sources damaged and your own structure/module being repaired.
- Being thankful you didn't spend jack 1000 cert shit on a repair module that doesn't even give you certs like all those other module-using cucks probably did.
- Deploying your sunderer for spawn certs, too, when the autists inevitably forget to refresh their sunderer, or it dies, or you C4 it because fuck them you got a garage and shield module wombo-combo.
youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4
- Finally auraxing the fucking proxy mines on any infantry trying to sneak inside your certshed to C4/tank-mine you.

>waaahh I'm spawncamped, better cry on reddit and get the devs to remove this base

>implying spawn camping is fun for anyone
I don't understand how you autists can enjoy shelling a spawn room, hoping you get a kill
It's so fucking boring

it's not, but the non-spawncamped fights there were amazing.

>the non-spawncamped fights there were amazing.
Ah, you mean the fights that didn't exist

delete and start over

t. PROwler driver

ded game

I play nothing but HA and I'm in the VS faction. What are the best rocket launchers, why are they the best, and what are they great against? Is the NS Annihilator any good, or are all homing launchers terrible? Finally, are there any rocket launchers that are decent against everything and also worth buying?

>getting killed by Hammered

lol

>I play nothing but HA
>I'm in the VS faction

you are the worst type of person

>I play nothing but HA and I'm in the VS faction.

construction is bloated fucking mess. every base is sprawling unorganized mass of impassable fuck. like a giant pit of bramble. i can't believe i wholeheartedly thought this would be fun. i was so hyped. if this first day was any indicator of what this system will look like im out. this was a disaster.

they need to reign this in somehow because the spam was unblevieable. these AI turrets are a nightmare.

Take this L pham

I aim pretty well, I just need to find the right launcher so I can get better at my job. Is a simple recommendation too much to ask?

How do I get the core to my Hive?

lol

Lancer.

I appreciate the fact that you're the one person who gave me a serious reply, but can you get into detail? I need you to really sell me this launcher. Tell me all about it, why it's good and why I should buy it over anything else.

>I aim pretty well,
AIM
BETTER

You can snipe infantry with it.

>"better" and "well" mean the same thing

GOOD SIR I MUST REQUEST THAT YOU CONSIDER TAKING THE TIME TO ENHANCE YOUR MARKSMANSHIP SKILLS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING GREATER EFFICIENCY AND MORE VICTORIES FOR YOUR ALLIES AS SUCH POOR DISPLAYS OF MARKSMANSHIP ARE FROWNED UPON IN THIS COMMUNITY

That sounds fun, but unfortunately I want you to tell me more. As much as you possibly can, about this launcher.

It shoots lazers.

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

But riddle me this: Will the Lancer help ruin the lives of thousands of vehicles and MAX users? One of the reasons I've considered buying it is that it comes with a fast projectile speed. I don't know how fast, and how long the charging takes but if the launcher is gud then I'll go for it.

so is there a beginner's guide to construction
I haven't played in a year

The annihilator sucks. It has no range and no damage. Get the decimator so you can 1 shot people with flak armor.

racer or rival for an ANT?

annihilator is decent for air deterrence ticks if you're farming jam armor

The lancer has no drop and high velocity so it's easy mode.

Experience so far with construction is that everyone gangs up on NC and there's no actual base fights anymore, it's 90% vehicle slogs against bases impervious to any real damage.

I don't mind base walls being difficult to kill, but everything else takes way too long. I watched a lone engineer with a lone automated AI turret wipe out two squads of infantry by himself, literally all he had to do was keep the turret rep'd up and it was enough to outdo the DPS from the squads while they were getting slaughtered by the turret.

Progress across the map has slowed down a ton, and now you're basically forced to slowly expand by building wall after wall up to the enemy base, as it's the only way to get enough firepower close enough to do anything.

There's some areas of the map, like near quarts ridge, where you can put those air shields and completely stop/kill any infantry attempting to attack down the hill because they have to pass through the shield to do it and it kills them.

Pretty much all it takes to keep a base going is a squad of engineers, and they'll be able to hold off 4x their numbers. Too easy to defend, too hard to attack.

It's an AV launcher that comes with six rounds but can be charged to fire two. Each charged shot deals almost half(!!!) damage than a single S1 round, but has no bullet drop and travels EXTREMELY fast. Damage is reduced after a set distance.

Here's the thing though, it can be fired in groups.

>they pop flares and kill you before you hit them once

>flares

hardly anyone runs flares, and with flak you can always duck back into safety unless they nail you with a dalton

eventually they'll wise up and start hating on you, but by then you just continue playing infantryside and ignore them

>wah a2a missiles take no skill wah

>some people unironically thought this would be good

>Will the Lancer help ruin the lives of thousands of vehicles and MAX users?
Ehh.

It'll ruin the lives of whatever poor sod you happen to catch with their tank already on fire or with their ass exposed, and also ruin the day of any MAXes stuck out in the open. Two fully charged shots will kill a MAX no contest, and you can let loose a charged shot as soon as the third part of the triangle lights up, not once it charges all the way and auto-fires.

> it comes with a fast projectile speed. I don't know how fast,
Extremely fast, 800m/s for level 3 shots. You should generally always charge at least one shot to that point- the damage isn't linear, so a lv3 shot does more damage than 3 level 1 shots.

The projectile is fast but it isn't hitscan, so at extreme range you will still have to lead a bit for ground vehicles and hitting aircraft smaller than a Galaxy is pretty much a crapshoot (at really long ranges vehicles can tend to blend into the terrain and buildings due to the FXAA blur making it harder to figure out where the actual target is).

As said, you can use the Lancer in groups and utterly destroy enemy vehicles, but don't expect that to happen very often- unlike NC and their screaming blue Phoenix missiles, VS rarely grab their own Lancer unless they already see someone else doing it because muh HA/Betelgeuse/Decimator meta, and even when they do most of them apparently don't even realize you can charge it as they sit there going PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW and doing less damage to a vehicle than a dumbfire.

>webm
>literally worse than bolt shitters
The only reason that should be allowed is because it doesn't work well on infantry.

If you get like 9 lockons on you then your esf is dead if you don't have flares.

Nevermind I think I might buy it now. If I ever get tired of it I'll one day buy the Annihilator unless the meta changes by then. Thanks a bunch, you've given me all the information I need.

In return, you can have a cute gif of a cute cat.

Don't tell me, nerd. Pilto meme loadouts use fire suppression, and I know this because I've been farming jam armour for a while now.

Archer's even worse. Three shot kill. Two if one is a headshot.

>half the continent pop is in ANTs
>the other half is flying around blowing them up
>small groups are actually still trying to take bases

It's going to take a while for this shit to settle down and be interesting, as of now it's just an annoying time waster.

It absolutely works well on infantry, they're just smaller targets and more likely to be able to shoot back. They're still sitting ducks if they're crossing no-man's-land and are too far away from cover to medkit-shuffle back once you hit them with the first shot.

That is a cute cat but its tongue seems to be broken.

It works wonderfully on infantry.

Better than the all of the non-infiltrator guns labeled long range.

Its a fucking fast projectile and in big open fields its easy as fuck to hit with.

Lancer and decimator, also faction specific launcher for ground and air, I think they are still250certs(?)

>construction system is not shit

but it is

how do i build shit
what is this weird third thing i have after daybreak dollars and certs

>armor with a u
You talk like a fag. When they use primarily flak then use fire suppression. When they use primarily lockons then use flares. Keep in mind esfs have lockons and popping flares after HAs launch rockets at you supports the ground war.

Thought it was pretty cool pushing on that base above Arroyo Torre on Connery just before VS capped the cont

>armour without a u

Wtfs a pilto, smart guy?

are you sure your brain is getting enough oxygen, friendo

>trying to give me a spelling lesson when you misspelled pilot
Now do you get it, little baby?

MAXes aren't infantry
they're little vehicles with legs that shitters use when they die too much

>being this new and out of touch with dank memes

>doesn't know what a pilto is
>triggered by u's
colour me surprised, an American can't into the bantz

NEWSHITS GIT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's nothing funny about that. You're trying to have it both ways when you act like you know how to spell.

what should i spend my 500 higbucks on this month lads?

NEWSHITS GIT OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he doesn't know

It's funny, the grenade launcher used to be good. Allowed a light assault to pop a normal sunderer, instakill at medium range with decent splash, then it got nerfed hard.

>It's funny, the grenade launcher used to be good.
>good

it used to be perfectly balanced :^)

Lancers are absolute cancer to harassers

2-3 guys with lancers can completely annihilate every harasser in a hex by themselves.