/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

I-BETTER-BE-GETTING-SCARLET-WAIFU-AS A-NON-PREMO-CHARACTER-YOU-FUCKS edition

>What is this?
A mobile city builder/tap-and-wait game where you build up your campus and "educate" your students, and wonder why they spend so much time "relaxing". It's basically waifubait and the most entertaining dialogue done by Marvel this side of Damage Control.

>Is it free?
Yes, although there's a lot of waiting unless you wanna fork over your shekels.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
"The Guardians of the Galaxy have landed at Avengers Academy for a special limited-time event! Defeat Ronan and defend the world! Team up with Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, and and many more in an all-new combat mode!"
At this point, if you're not at Ronan streak 7 you're probably fucked. Also, the Civil War event starts up tomorrow, so get ready for another few weeks of events

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DUAlN80LBnc?t=33s
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vixen_(Miss_America_Foe)_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any news on how long Civil War will last?

Repost because I am absolutely in love with this art.

It's got a runtime of 147 minutes

either too long or not long enough

color me surprised that Crossbones is a new character in both this and Marvel Future Fight.

This is why you have no friends.

Both actually.
Too long so people will have enough of this event well before it ende.
But not long enough for people to get everything they want.

I didn't realise hilarious comedy was so poorly tolerated

What did you expect? A coronation? This is bad comedy.

Finally got Groot, without paying the jew.

Couldn't have done it without the extra medpak drops since I wasted too much time early on, but I still got everything I wanted out of this event so I'm more than cool with it.

Only thing I want at this point is Coat Yondu, but I need another 20k in crystals just to get rank 4. I'm content with just buying it all after the event.

You still have 26 hours to grind for it.

20k crystals isn't that hard to get, just beat Ronan a few times and you'll quickly have more than that even at low levels.

I didn't until you suggested it

Best sistership

Except that I'm in the Bonus Streak, and in less than an hour, a friend of mine comes by for dinner, after which we're off to watch Civil War, which won't be done till 2300, at which point I'm not gonna bother with the game anymore til morning. Now, I might be able to get it done then, if it wasn't for the fact that I've less than 10 Ronan-balls left. True, I might be able to farm them by going after mobs, but that depends on my medpack situation. Which is all for Rank 4, and I'm sure for Rank 5 I need mats that won't drop until I reach rank 4, which won't be until tomorrow, at which point it'll be too late to farm those mats.

So why bother?

youtu.be/DUAlN80LBnc?t=33s

Would you ____ a lolimora?

>there's only one thing I want but I can't be bothered to get it

What is required for Rocket's rank 3? I want all my guys ranked up but haven't got enough swears for his 2 yet.

Yes, I would give her a loving home and raise her as my daughteru.

Have you guys spent any $ on this game? Also if I want vision or spider woman do I have to pay or do I get then eventually?

If you're willing to wait, you can save up the shards you get through ads and bonuses and use those to pay for Spider-Woman

Hello, Clarissa's dad

I bought Spider-Woman, Quake and Nebula, also Gamora's special costume.

You could theoretically save enough gems for Spider-Woman if you've been saving them from the beginning and never ever spent them including the 100 bonus gems we just got for GOTG.

Vision is four times as expensive as Spider-Woman though, it'll be a long time before there are anywhere near enough free gems available to think about getting him.

>there's only one thing I want but I can wait to get it

FTFY.

I have around 400+ shards just from ads, level up, and giveaways.

>if you raise a daugher you must be a pedo rapist

Veeky Forums logic.

w h e n

Never ever.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl books have fucking ruined her intellectually for a long time.

She can choke on my nutseed anytime.

>yfw Tigra, Squirrel Girl and Vixen event

>Vixen
Wrong publisher nigga

Not necessarily.
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vixen_(Miss_America_Foe)_(Earth-616)

Nice try, casual.

DC's Justice Academy for iOS and android never EVER
truly being a dcfag is suffering

Half the people she draws looks like they've had a stroke

I'm not sure she's ever seen a real life human before.

A bit miffed that Star-Lord, Drax and Groot are based on the movie and newer comics instead of retaining some older stuff

This can't be serious. It's a joke, right? A parody?

More people probably play this game than the people who actually read comics. No way it'd be based on the funny books

Go miff yourself off in a corner, because Marvel will never, EVER go back to pre-movie personalities for any MCU characters.

Unfortunately, it's no joke.

These images were drawn, inked, coloured, approved, published and sold to the masses.

>TinyCo adds a celebrity-voiced day 1 announcement character, one of Marvel's hardest-pushed NuMarvel girl friendly heroes, and an obscure one-off bank robber from a 1940s c-lister comic

I'd pay five keks for her

Gurihiru was perfect for cute, non-sexualized Doreen. Why they went full-blown tumblr whale for the interiors I have no idea.

We still have based Gurihiru for CUTE Gwenpool.

Hopefully they bump him onto SG next time round. Until then, we have to put up with the most miserable fucking abortion this side of Liefeld.

Halfway through streak 9 and I've run out of damn orbs, to top it off it seems all missions for them are 8 hr one :/ great

Two questions

1. How long does it take before you can fight Ronan after his time counter runs out

2. Have any of you considered doing fanfiction? I was thinking of doing one about Ronan after this event.

Try to block some of them.

As soon as the streak resets you can fight him afaik, if not that then it'll be an hour, like after you beat him

I haven't, but please feel free to post yours here when you're done, I'd be interested to read it

>1.
I don't remember now but I think he's ready immediately.

>2.
My english sucks so the closest to fanfiction I've done was one of those "be a student in avengers academy" greentexts.

I always wonder how artists like this even get a job. She was a literally who working on someone else's webcomic for a while, and suddenly she's working on a popular Marvel character.

I mean if someone's an amazing artist or something I would get it, but she's completely awful. There are plenty of talented people online who will never get the chance she's been given, so why of all people did they contact her? Does she have family on the inside or something?

>him

Gurihiru is a team of two women, broseph.

Is it just me or is the x to close the Ronan DEFEATED screen misaligned? I never seem to tap it properly the first 20 times until I fluke into it

I might just be retarded though

No, it's not just you.
I used to do the same but now I simply press 'back' button.

if they give me a Hal fashion doll in this line I won't mind the lack of a proper DC waifu academy

The shortest ones I can get are 3 and 4 hr ones for BW, Falcon and Loki...I only started playing at the beginning of the month so I've only got up to Cap for norm characters but damn he really wants to do the Charleston haha

What the fuck is Saveball?

Some kind of faggot version of Dodgeball?

That sucks.
The best one for short missions is Ant-Man.

I'm not counting Pepper because she's not obtainable now and obviously her missions are rigged by Fury.

I think she knows the guy that's currently writing Squirrel Girl, they were both webcomic artists. Maybe the dude got her an in?

>fanfiction
Oh neat!
>about Ronan
No thanks.

>Captain America vs. Iron Man: it's time to pick a team
>Recruit S.H.I.E.L.D. agents with Captain America's side and build the Iron Legion with Iron-Man's side!
>Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Madame Hydra, Crossbones, Agent 13 and more join the fight!
>New Outfits such as Black Widow's Armor spy or Falcon's own Captain American style!

Yeah, I'm way behind on story missions cause I love the GOTG universe, I even bought Yondu late on, so I've been pushing really hard to rank them all up - just on Groot rank 5 and Yondu rank 4 now...

I hope picking one side doesn't keep you from getting the characters on the other side.

Even if it does, I am sure people will complain enough for them change it.

>picking a side means you are locked to that side
>you lose access to characters on the other side
>the teams are randomised
>there's no way to get every new character

How fast would you quit

>the teams are randomised

oh god

>there's no way to get every new character

there would definitely be a pay option

>Madame Hydra
Oh shit
>and more
Spidey and Wanda?
>Captain Falcon costume
Fuck yeah

She's his wife, dude.

No she's not.

>He's smart
Dropped

Well played.

>Zemo discovers the secrets of the time fog

Spencer's Zemo a shit

imo

>Black Widow's Armor spy
So everyone on Tony's side gets armor?

I'm not sure why they've got Zemo back to his old school look, I don't like it half as much as his modern style.

So what do you actually need to do to lock up Ronan in the little prison? Is he just going to end up there when the event ends?

At this point I've unlocked everybody, I've just got to finish upgrading then which I don't really care about.

I'm gonna end up with finishing everything but the Drax challenge, and maybe upgrading Rocket/Drax due to lack of shards.

Did better than I thought. that extra time really helped a bunch

Fuck you

imo

he was basically acting like old school Zemo anyway so it fit

>no one but Busiek and Nicieza can do Zemo right

it hurts

I miss classy as hell Bond Villain-esque Zemo,

>no mcu ant suit

>get Groot
>Ronan still comes back with his shitty animations that slow the game down

I hope Civil War doesn't have shit like this and the wandering aliens

And he stands in the middle of the quad, blocking us from checking the board or any character who happens to be sitting behind him without zooming in awkward as fuck

So just realized I don't have enough time to get Groot
I'm on the 7th battle with Ronan and just ran out of the purple orbs to fight him with, and he still had about 80% HP. He one shots my entire team so I can only do 10% damage to him every fight.

Anyone showing there campus screen shots? I need some ideas

All I can do is tell you to keep trying. I was at the point where I was doing 2-3k damage each time and I got him eventually. If you don't have Pepper grinding on the mission board for the orbs and med packs can be hard though.

I didn't get pepper. I wasn't really into the game back when she was up for grabs

They really need to be clear what is to offer on both sides before we make a choice. I'm sure we'll be able to get the others later in the last week of the event but it will be harder for sure.

> inb4 they make up a new health pack so the med kits don't carry over
> inb4 the GotG characters do nothing
> inb4 the characters on he other side become 995 shard Premiums
Also
> Cap can't even be upgraded to Level 5 for his outfit yet
> Falcon gets into the suit before he can

user, you're triggering me. ;_;

Yeah I legitimately don't know what the next best option would be for you. I think there's a 2 hour mission with Widow and Ant-Man but I don't know if the purple ones spawn on it.

obviously the medkits won't carry over. That's a basic given. Materials from a previous event will never work on a future one.

>MVP Wasp took the extra shot I needed to take out Ronan 7 and get Groot
Why is Jan so based? I feel like she'll be on Tony's side though for the CW event though, which is a shame.

So Black Panther, Bucky, Shannon, new outfits for Cap and Sam are free right???

Is it me, or is the game running a lot smoother since the CW update?