/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steamgroup. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 28th:
1192 – Assassination of Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, in Tyre, two days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
1887 – A week after being arrested by the Prussian Secret Police, French police inspector Guillaume Schnaebelé is released on order of William I, German Emperor, defusing a possible war.
1945 – Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci are executed by a firing squad consisting of members of the Italian resistance movement.

>News
EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

CK2 DD4 - Rules of the Game
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-the-rules-of-the-game.923570/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[CK2] The Winter King v1.3.2
mediafire.com/download/ihvha395z0q87oc/BTWK_1.3.2.zip

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/koONa1x4INU
reddit.com/r/ParadoxExtra/comments/4gux4m/johan_anderson_on_jews/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

New EU4 dev diary in the OP

WILLY

I'm cautiously optimistic about hoi4

You could just make promotion really hard and new pops types could arise with time.

If Johan is Goebbels, who is Hitler?

Like what poptypes?

>Heh... if I post saying you can't blob anymore it means it's okay that the Ottomans got fucked in the ass and an entire nation is now basically not worth playing
Guess I'll just blob for free as France, Brandenburg, or Austria instead that sure showed me.

All that would be fine for a Victoria 2 mod, but for a complete new game its better to just make new, better mechanics.

>I never cheat in gsg

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

So who do you think some of the alternate leaders are going to be in HoI4?

all me

This dude

>you will never historically blob like a retard while playing ottomans, spain or russia
nice game parakeks

they already confirmed best boy

Lads, I was watching a video on Vicky 2 and the guy said "glahss factory", have I been pronouncing glass wrong this whole time?

>mosley seizing power
>possible
Literally how? This wasn't Italy where the king fingered hookers in the middle of Rome, the "windsor"s had guards.

elections m8

But it is the english who are not british, lad.

>blobbing as brandenburg
Enjoy Poland, gross Scandinavians, gross austriums, gross bohemiums, gross Hungarians and gross franciums reking your shit.

>have I been pronouncing glass wrong this whole time?
I think so.
I pronouce glass like "veedroo" t.bh

t. plaid cymru

This fills my misplaced nationalism and suppressed homoeroticism void nicely!

t. Oliver von sachsen-coburg und gotha

I pronounce all english words using the pronunciation rules of my own native language.

t. Rhys o'connor-davies

Why are russians so hated? People who hate russians for racial reasons are clutching on straws 2bh
T. definitely not a slav I swear

>unironically disliking Russians
youtu.be/koONa1x4INU

Because they're obnoxiously nationalist and hostile, just like americans.

Are you even a human?

>[Deleted]

Starting a 6 player game. 1 Western Europe, 1 Central Europe, 1 Eastern Europe, 1 Middle-East or Africa, 1 Indian, 1 Asian.
Point of game is player wars later. So all player nations will be given boosts at the start(If needed) to get to that point earlier.
What are your opinions on strongest choices for all those areas? Based on above, main factor is national ideas, not starting land. Right now we are leaning
France, Brandenburg, Muscovy, Ottomans, Vijayanagar, Japan.

>Muscovy
>not Poland
Dude, Lithuania has as much development as France.

>liquor posts stay up
>vital discussion about who's cultures in grand strategy games goes down
Honest, straight talking moderation.

>that elbow lesion
krokodilfag detected

So you'd put 10% Inf Combat, 33% Calv Combat, 5% Disc and 15% Morale over
50% Manpower, 50% Land Force Limit and not having to take explor/expan?

Austria's much stronger than Brandenburg.

Alone? Not really. But combined with much better starting positions and having lost of land easy to blob into around them I'd say yes.
EU4 is a game about snowballing and Poland lets you start snowballing very early.

Again, as I stated in the third line of the post you skipped though, Ideas matter not starting land.

Why are EU4/paradoxplaza faggots always so passive aggressive? Sorry I didn't spend 5 hours dissecting each and every point of your post, you massive cunt.

Mosley was a taig-loving cuck.

Which choice do I choose?

I want to kill off the most people and colonize the area with the Irish

Ah, so you're planning on cheating?
Then replace Vaginagar with Nepal and Japan with Qing.
>inb4 waah it's a formable nation!

Choose 'we don't need to keep the facade anymore'. Watch your economy dramatically improve.

I didn't want to be the one to say it, bravo lad.
Also,
>black hair
>large nose
>receding hairline
>weak chin
Probably a Jew.

First one

Annex. Your colonial migration will start working as soon as possible and you can always genocide them later.

I'm playing HOI3 as Argentina, how do I get Japan to sell me production licenses?

>get DoW by everyone and their nan
Great posting! Keep it up!

>form custom sogdian empire with khiva/turkistan/khotan
>realize I have fucking nothing to do besides build buildings and prep for mongols unless I expand into persia (because fuck steppe expansion)
>can't uncreate the empire title in favor of persia
>can't conveniently invade without claims on persia/baluchistan/afghanistan
man

beautiful

I'm currently in the sphere of the British and allied to them, no worry yet. I purposefully made my country stay as a SP so I could get the Congo

>Colonial Irish Empire
This pisses me off so much

Fromable nations are ok, there was a question between Qing and Japan. But from what he saw, he felt the Japanese Ideas were better for war.

5% Discip, 10% manpower, 15% inf combat. 10% morale from Shinto
vs
2 shock, 15% calv combat, 20% manpower recovery

Nepal is good though, better then Vij, never looked at them before. Will recommend. Thanks.

>play meme game
>bloo bloo bloo why am I getting memed on
Also, you literally can form hold two empires St the same time, so not only are you a faggot you're a lying faggot.

Does dealing with the natives actually let you assimilate it or does it just randomly kill some niggers?

That negative pop growth is so fucking sexy

: ^ )

I don't think it's worth having Africans assimilate to white irish people, unless you believe that culture relates to the shit you identify as. Anyways the assimilation will most likely be nothing

I know that I can hold two but why would I bother holding two lol

>all that land
>a single port
Fuck off you alt history memers. Perhaps /r/paradoxplaza would be more up your alley?

>I don't think it's worth having Africans assimilate to white irish people, unless you believe that culture relates to the shit you identify as. Anyways the assimilation will most likely be nothing
By assimilate I meant "assimilate". i.e kill as many Africans as possible and ship as any whites into the colony as possible.

>a single port
>alt history

Looks like my jewing is coming to a bitter end. Fatimids are everywhere and they are probably going to fuck me next. They already took over some of my provinces, it's only a matter of time. They've got 20K and I've got 4K

Well, -2 unrest and decreased coring costs are great for blobbing and staying stable after the war. And let's not forget that +10% manpower and +20% manpower recovery speed are multiplicative.
-10% tech cost will let you stay up to data on military tech much more easily.

Oh in that case yeah it's possible. Some user posted his Belgian campaign where it was mostly Flemish and Walloon

It's realistic user

Nice railroading

What's the best nation in Africa to westernize before the colonization and actually colonize Africa?

Warri.

Egypt, provided you can deal with the Oriental crisis. If not then Ethiopia.

It's almost as if the game is trying to help me

it's fun though

In pretty much every game I played Egypt got fucked but I might try them. Ethiopia doesn't even start united IIRC, are they actually a good choice? If so, what's the best nation to unite them?

Are you memeing my lad?

>irish congo that didnt become the private property of the Irish king
>railroading

Nice buzzword

>>>r/paradoxplaza

>lose life rating
Jesus it'll just be a fucking skip by the end of it.

>In pretty much every game I played Egypt got fucked
You just have to be good. And remember that luck is a skill as well.

>are they actually a good choice?
Yeah, they start in a great position and they westernized early IRL. Unite them as Gonder.

Nice reporting and ignoring, lads.

Thanks

>handing out a huge as fuck colony with an event for free
>not railroading
B-but muh options!!!

>SPs have the possibility of getting a colony the historical way
>it can be denied or others paths taken
>that's railroading
It isn't. Railroading is being forced into a path. He wasn't and there was several options
You are no better than people who use toxic or fascist for things they don't like. Stop misappropriating words

>great position
Really? I'm in HPM so there are lots of nations in Africa, and from the look of it something like Sokoto would be better. No one will give a shit about Africa before colonization anyway, if I can conquer all these other nations with little infamy, I can get more colonizable land at the start of colonization and IIRC the lands here are more valuable anyway.

I forgot the fact that I can just sail my troops and conquer the lands on west if I play Ethiopia. I guess that's what should I then

reddit.com/r/ParadoxExtra/comments/4gux4m/johan_anderson_on_jews/

So when a country annex the huge as fuck Egypt because they are in their sphere that's railroading?
How does that make sense?
Besides you get infamy too and you don't get for free, there's a vote

Yes, it's a great position because the GPs will leave you alone and you have quite a bit of accepted pops.

Does AFP work with HPM?

Yes

Pls respond

Get in good relations and same faction

Is there literally any reason to play as a nation other than Sweden, Poland, Austria or France under any circumstance ever in EU4?

Every other country exists just to be blobbed into by one of these four.

>look at all these possibilities!!! wow so cool!!
Nevermind that 99% of the time some SP gets it. Guess thats still not railroading for you huh?
>b-but you see more than one country can get it, not just Belgium!!! so its not!!!
>annexing random uncivs is the same as handing out the same colony
Nice logic.
Colonies should be free to grab for anyone, these autistic events just because it happened irl make no sense.

NWO is so fun as the Big Strong Americans, so far Albania, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Bavaria, West Germany, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen and Syria are my puppets and the list keeps growing!

>captcha: Jerusalem st

And 99% of the time a GP sphere annex African nations
So the whole thing is railroaded.
Except it isn't. You don't know what it means and its just using it as a buzzword

>2
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Please tell me how annexing random uncivilized countries is the same as handing out a huge uncolonized territory. Go on, I'm listening.

That Egypt is meme tier

Not sure what the commies did the overtake me, they should be in shambles since PRC lost and Yugo and Albania are now democracies but don't worry la, gonna make Vietnam a puppet as well and ruin more commies and when the time comes, President Trump

It's because the Suez crisis didn't occur yet you dipshit

>Get in good relations
How? There isn't an improve relations button.