How much math will one have to go through with a Bachelors in Accounting?

How much math will one have to go through with a Bachelors in Accounting?

And how much of a difference is there between an Accounting Associates Degree and the Bachelors?
Isn't it the same shit?

I'm getting a minor in Accounting and so far you only have to add, subtract, multiply, divide so it's not too much math

I used algebra once for executive compensation calculations.

If you can do basic PV/FV calculations off the tables, you'll be fine.

It probably varies by school. Go look at what school you think you might (are going?) to.

So as high as basic Algebra? Not that bad.

Would love to hear more from others taking it or that passed on their experience.

2 calculous classes and 3 or 4 statistics I think.

That seems at odds with other comments here.

That's what I took as accounting major. I think all the relevant school that provides BS in accounting will force you to take those classes. Those are easy classes.

Hope Calc is simple enough. I opted not to take it in HS

Business major done here. At my Uni you had to take managerial, financial, and cost accounting and probably one more. Then you have to take finance 1 and maybe 2 if you want, college algebra, productions/ operations, business stats and thats pretty much it. It may sound like a lot but its really not and there is ALWAYS help available either through students, tutors or even your professor. If you want to do it you can.

It is the same but far easier, honestly an associates is easy as fuck and you don't really have to go that deep into anything.

wtf since when do you have to take calc for accounting... i have never heard of that.

Can confirm the 2 calc classes. Which is basically baby calculus. It's usually two courses of Finite Mathematics and Calculus with applications.

Yuck.

Perhaps for BA, calc is not required, but calc classes are much easier than advanced accounting courses. Much easier.

If you want to be an accountant, then math shouldn't be a problem...

Associates degrees are toiletpaper. If you want to be a legit CPA then it will take a lot of math and studying; as it should

What is the hardest thing an accountant has to do to warrant Calc and so forth?

I studied tax law and did some accounting.

You need to elementary school level math.

I go to a pretty well regarded biz school, and you only need baby calc for the degree, Business calc is kind of like calc 1-3 crunched together with very basic problems, no trig, just easy polynomials and exponential functions. I don't even think you need that, can take "modern business math" which is basically algebra with a little derivitive calculus. Also a freshmen level stats course is necessary to understand finance at a upper division level. Honestly, knowing just calc 1 will allow you to wreck the fuck out of baby first calc faggots.

I just graduated several months ago with a Bachelor's in Accounting.

Do not do a Associates. I'm sure you can find some half-decent jobs but you will make more money and be considered for many more jobs with a Bachelor's.

All I had to take for math was: Stats 1 and Stats for Business (basically Stats 2 applied to business), and Survey of Calculus, which I always referred to as Watered Down Calc 1.

Honestly do it. People think you are smart for having an accounting degree, but you hardly, hardly ever do anything beyond exponents and basic algebra. You will do present/future value for some finance classes but it's mostly just plugging shit into a formula from a table.

Maybe not calc, but I've taken econometrics and statistics courses in college that seemed like they would be at least useful to understand, if not to apply daily.

What's with all the research and writting one has to do? So the more I read into it (and here) math doesn't seem to be the problem but the research and essays?

What the hell is one researching/writting about?

And what do you think of the Intermediate classes, why are they considered the "weeding out" ones? What's the hard part about 'em?

I can only tell you my experience, going to a state college with a pretty good business school in Montana.

You will be writing mostly for your other business classes. A few accounting classes will require papers and those are topics like ethics in the accounting profession, why this method of accounting for depreciation is better than the other, accounting theory (a tiny bit).

Most of the writing is for other classes, especially senior year when you have things like business strategy and business law. Being able to research in business is important and they will teach it to you, but it's not like you're a literature student.

"Weed out" classes in accounting are just intermediate courses that have a lot of content crammed into them, you just have to learn/retain/use more knowledge over all. Accounting is mostly formulas, a process of steps and options within those steps, it's a very logical system. Intermediate courses have more topics, just requiring you to learn more within a semester than 'usual'.

I have my associates and bachelors in accounting.

I had
>intermediate algebra (placed into)
>Analytical methods (think of it as hard algebra plus a mix of things)
>Business calculus (needed for bachelors)

Also a Statistics and probability class for the bachelors.

What line of work you snatch up? Time to finish BA and current salary?