Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgTksJdaHuM
twitch
youtu.be/HEuR8C8bfX8?t=5m55s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who is the guile of sfv?

What is the deepest/most complex fighting game and why?

>tfw too autistic to play with default costumes

grinding survival is a pain int he ass tho

Kusoge is fun.

Nash

Will the street fighter franchise ever have a game that's actually liked and not just played because everyone else plays it?

There's been more hype in the 20 minutes I've been watching the SF5 DMM 2v2 tournament than there's been in the 4 hours I've been watching BlazBlue Central Fuckmyshitup on spooky

>Have to wait until next year or longer for Yun

>play online
>literally everyone is better than me
I've come to understand that my self esteem is too low for me to just keep losing over and over just to get better.
I need something that allows me to quickly improve.

Anyone wanna play something on Fightcade?

I'll see you in whatever you want to play.

>forgot about E's Laf
>I think I still have that dude's youtube channel somewhere
>lets see if he made any progress recently
>nigga has been uploading shit like every single day

is there a link to the latest build, I'd play for shits and giggles

I refuse to cheat and use the mod to make it easy.

ditto man

i like V

get real friends and practice with them locally.

>Shoryuken

>Ryu
>Ken

>No Sho

youtube.com/watch?v=NgTksJdaHuM

>inb4 block after first hit is disabled

this is exactly my experience with online sf4/sfv

i don't mind losing a hundred times if it means i can improve just a little bit and win 1 in 99 next time, but that never happens

what'd you say punk

why am i awake at 2 am trying to do this shitty fucking trial 9 i hate this game
im trying to do 19k 16p and i just cant fucking get it on my pad
my head hurts

He just started this Japanese Patreon thing to get access to recent builds. You can download a demo with only Sisca playable, but if you back the project for 5 bucks a month that you can cancel at any time you get a build with 5 playable characters that are all from what I can tell complete in terms of animations/moveset/attacks/etc. There's some bugs and some jank but it really does feel like an actual sequel to E's Laf. There's tons of new shit and the game feels much better.

>Tatsumaki senpukyaku
>No Tatsu
>No Maki
>No Sen
>No Pu
>No Kyaku

breakers is a meme game

Isn't there a maki?

>No Maki
?

irl tatsu

I'm a Silver shitter and I only know how to play Alex, how important is it to learn how to play other characters? I feel like I'd know a lot more about matchups when I know what each character can do.

I want her in V so bad.

he isn't shitty enough to be in street fighter.

sounds interesting, I'll prolly go check out the Sisca build

I remember when everyone was absolutely fullgay over this nigga

wud ram!!

How does Maki play?

Where is his Glasses taunt dammit

removed because it triggers people

I gave that build a go but man I really just never liked SIsca even though on paper she's a really complex and interesting character. I wanted to support Free anyways so I just threw money at him so I could play my girl Tae. He was also kind enough to include the palette I made in this build!

Will "How do I do Guile Mission 7" be the new scrubquote for the month?

Not here. They didn't want Du depleting all the salt mines.

What did she mean by this?

ttt2

Is the guy who wanted Alex's trailer music still here?

I can provide a download for it if you want.

What's the point in wasting time learning and playing fighting games when you can just watch somebody else better than you do it??

Isn't that true for every video game then?

So, do you think they'll remove Guile's anime combos?
If so, when?

They won't. Nothing broken about them.

>gazillion damage combos
>with a zoner
>not broken

who cummy blasterz here??

twitch
.tv/godsgarden

I want Killer Kai to sweep me off my feet and ravage my boipucci
youtu.be/HEuR8C8bfX8?t=5m55s

Most characters have ~60% combos, they are just really impractical.

Guile is fine because his combos are so situational and have the highest execution requirements in the game.

>requires corner and a jump in
Ok

meeeeeeeeee

who should I play in SFV if my favorite dragonball character is majin vegeta?

juri is part giraffe

They don't even fucking know. They just want another waifu in the game. Just google CVS2 Maki

Why do people praise Virtua Fighter 5 so much when it has an absolute bullshit character like Akira?

Don't give me 'muh execution' because
1. being hard to use doesn't justify having a busted character (the eddie excuse)
2. Akira isn't high execution anyway and his game isn't very complex to begin with. This game is a weaker DoA and he's actually balanced in that one.

what mod

What's the difference?

That's cute.

goku

>I want [Meme character] in game so bad!
>How do they play?
>Complete silence
Fucking waifufags dude.

Nash. He is the edgy tryhard.

He needs corner, jump-in and a 3-bar v-trigger in order to do combos with damage on par with most characters mid-screen combos that cost less.

No lag. You can have more fun losing with a good sport. You can practice as long as you want and communicate stuff you want to try better. If you're both mediocre, you can improve by fighting together for hours.

should i blast through all the survival modes with every character using a trainer before it's too late

>other characters can pull of 65%+ combos mid screen with less than full meter and v-gauge
???

>kusoge
can you not. I know it's a joke about doujin/indie fighters but terms like kusoge and poverty need to die.

Also his VFX already look better than Xrd's and ArcSys ripped off Tae to make their new BlazBlue character lol.

Mod manager is broken. How do I manually install all of my mods?

hi tesg

>he thinks it's a joke

If you get jumped in on in the corner by a zoner who has full everything you should honestly just be sent back to rookie tier. You're obviously retarded.

DoA is diet VF aka VF for babies. The developers weren't even afraid to admit that. Hence why they even put them in as guest characters in DoA5. No one with a brain would try to argue that DoA is the better of the two games. It's not.

I'd rather have Maki in than Mika to be honest. I'd image she'd play like Guy. Mika was never an interesting character and they only made her cancerous and obnoxious in SFV.

who?

please respond

What's the point of the somersault kicks having the same damage?

is there a retard guide for guile yet?

what do I press when they jump

no one with a brain takes DoA seriously to begin with

it's a waifu fappan game, not an esports fighter

flash kick

c.HP or Flash kick.

It's actually really difficult to jump in against a guile.

so its been a few hours, how does guile feel? perfect? good?

Oh my god you are actually retarded

more like 55-60, with less resources.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""MAY""""""""""""""""""""""" update

Has anyone found an use for the crouch walk yet? Feels gimmicky.

Fucking fantastic.

is there anyone with a better set of normals than guile?

>simplifying an overly complicated game makes it worse
lmao do you think 3s is better than sfv too?

D A M A G E C O N T R O L
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

every time i crouch walk they jump in. easy bait for anti airs

>brainless rock paper scissors and setplay is better than one of the only fighting games to realize defending players should still be an active participant in the game
lmao
Come back when you've actually played both games extensively and have some understanding of general FG mechanics.

Was there ever any additional info released in regards as to when the new premium costumes are gonna be available?

No, they're having a flash sale because of Guile being added.

why reply to obvious bait vf "player"

>That damage control

Delusion user, delusion.
If the game was really successful, Guile or not, why make a sale after only 2 month?

>ywn spend all night playing fightan with friends locally and heading to the 7-11 for late nite snax
I really miss being 17 again....

Who cares? Alex's is terrible, and Guile's, while decent, is still inferior to both his default and story mode outfits.

>the joke
>your head

>VF
>Overly complicated

You're a fucking idiot who fell for the meme. VF is a solid and straight forward game with mechanics that make sense. DoA is complete fucking non-sense with TnA put on the forefront to distract you. It's casual VF that values flash over real substance and it's been honest about that from the get go.

may in sf5 when

serious answer: after stunfest