/ss13g/ spessmen on a spess station

Game Mode Probabilities Edition. Discuss them! Why the fuck is blob so low? Why the fuck is double agents so high?

>IF YOU CAN'T CONNECT TO THE SERVER IT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED TO BYOND BETA 510
>Big Blob update soon, revamped graphics and less lag on the horizon
>Would tits grow bigger in space since the gravity is lower?
>Remember to screencap the awesome bars you spent hours designing even though not a single patron came
>Attack animations suck
>Xenomorph NPC AI rocks

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/9736
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
youtube.com/watch?v=NaOXgbLmCVU
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pulls?q=is:pr is:closed author:DeityLink
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/9753
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Remember to screencap the awesome bars you spent hours designing even though not a single patron came
Been doing that for years.

>Spreadsheet contains French
>Talking about gamemode probablilties
Hi Deity

You never know, it could be Dylan.

Deity was talking about gamemode probabilities in the IRC earlier and brought up exactly the same point about blob

Nah, I've been saying on IRC that I'd be waiting for the next thread to post the graphics but I didn't want to wait. And I didn't want to namefag in the OP to not give a bad impression of our general to outsiders. If that makes any difference.

Good news nerds
If you guys somehow weren't able to connect to the serb even with 510, it should no longer be related to having a bad version
It'll warn you now instead of immediately closing the connection.

Thanks to the admin that didn't permaban me for unknowingly breaking a rule.

I posted this ages ago but
>eyebot
>floats the station playing music
>can be hacked to play non-nanotrasen approved tracks
>LoudNigraRainbowRideMagicMissileBEES.wav
Yay or nay?

i wish i could code

PRAISE Q

>less than 25% chance to proc one of the 25+ only game modes
>half of those 25% chance are taken by nuke ops alone
>revolution actually having a higher chance than blob

We should try allowing blob at 15+ pop for a while, see if it's viable. Yesterday a lowpop crew of 8 managed to destroy 2 of the 5 blob cores a badmin spawned.

sorry for fucking up the snackbar last round
i could have done a lot more damage and put us out of our misery, but I messed up

Or you could just resprite a boombox.

>We get an excuse for code red
>Free to unzip jackboots
>Combat borgs
You were a hero.

QM got a double cause it looked like he was trying to get dunsel out. I didn't know who was killing him when the AI and I telesci'd him out but he was cuffed so he's gonna stay contained..

It was fine. We just needed more guys to step up and help instead of jerking off in their hardsuits. Medbay would have been fixed 10 minutes faster if the rod didn't reopen the hull and without scp we would have gotten someone on the clone train.

reminder
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/9736

ss13.moe/index.php/bans
work for anyone?

>68% E-Cup for mine
Huh. Gonna stay a dude though. I feel there's enough gals on the station as it stands.

This is what I get for overlooking the "new thread" bit.

A group of four people with decent gear has handled a single blob in the past. With the changes, I'd say an attentive crew of 15 can handle two or three. Three would be pushing it without lasers being distributed. Or, at least that's how I feel about it.

Also, you may want to give us some reason to stay in the station after the blobs are gone. Assuming that's the intention, anyway.

Works fine hoss.

yea.

no new bans sorry we'll try and get you more gossip soon.

loads up fine for me

Wait
Are SCPs a thing now?

The wiki doesn't metion this oh lordy

they've been a thing for years but they're back in vogue again

>Also, you may want to give us some reason to stay in the station after the blobs are gone. Assuming that's the intention, anyway.
In the blob game mode the round automatically ends when the blob reaches a certain size, or all the cores die.

SCP-173 has been in the code for at least a year. It's rarely spawned since NOT EVEN ADMINS CAN DELETE IT. IF YOU DELETE IT ANOTHER ONE SPAWNS.

Also it's basically a mob that teleports around and instantly kills players one after another no matter whether you look at it or not. Not really fun.

Huh, guess the jews snipped the tubes somewhere along the way to canuckaduck land

Actually, as of 15 minutes ago, it is no longer completely impossible to delete by any means whatsoever

"put together the robot for me"

said the brain

I do it

>It's Cyrridven

What a treat

T A X I

youtube.com/watch?v=NaOXgbLmCVU

>7 people
>No sec
>No eng
>Doubles
>Both bomb
>We go home
Why do I even play here?

Sup?

Since the ban list came up, this reminded me.

I have a few friends that want to get into Spess mans. Normally I talk with them over Skype in games. Yeah, you can see where this is going.
What do people think about Skype being used to teach them the basics? Interacting with things, moving, various hotkeys, how some mechanics of some jobs works, etc. Of course, one wouldn't be saying things about the round, like being attacked out of line of sight or something like that.

Diety, you're around. Can you give any insight on this kind of thing? If it's okay to do this as Derelict MoMMIs, for instance?
If it's totally off limits (which I don't blame you fellas for) is there a way I can get a copy of the server files and teach them on my own time and server? I didn't see any method on the wiki. Or if it's there, I overlooked it.

>What do people think about Skype being used to teach them the basics?
I'm not an admin, but I believe the current policy is a resounding "no."
If you need to teach them game mechanics, do so IN THE GAME via LOOC.

Absofuckinglutely not. Use LOOC, setup a server, or eat your perma

>>If you need to teach them game mechanics, do so IN THE GAME via LOOC.
>>Absofuckinglutely not. Use LOOC, setup a server, or eat your perma
You guys shared my opinion on it too.

Show them youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA and see if it catches their interest.
Explain them the concepts of IC/OOC, then make the connect to the server so they have a round or two by themselves to get a feel for the game.

If you want to teach them specific things about the game mechanics pertaining to the round they are currently in, then as the other said, only do it through LOOC. Derelict MoMMi or not.

Ask in game. Likely receive the same answer as the thread but its alright to ask and its a huge favor to us and yourself when you let us know you're playing with friends. Cause we will find out anyway and it changes the tone. If you don't tell us, we watch you for longer than we wish waiting for meta. If you do, we keep an eye on it but we're both on the same page and if you were up front about it then we won't assume you're here to screw with us.

>is there a way I can get a copy of the server files and teach them on my own time and server?
Download ZIP
Open vgstation.dme
Run -> Compile
Start up Dream Daemon from Byond
Load up the dmb file you created after compiling
(somewhere in there you'll want to make a custom config file to give yourself admin privileges)
Security: Trusted, Visibility: Invisible
Go

And that's how you run your local server to test for shit. You should be able to have other players join if you forward ports.

Based syndicate removing subpar stations.

Fuck these last posts. Just jump in with your buds

you will be permabanned

Who said anything about talking to each other while playing? Just let him go in blind dumdum

Let's go on a retarded self-discovering adventure together as two hetero dudes in our crazy drug-fueled journey in growing tits.

TitQuest
Queer and Loathing in Las Tatas
user and Spessman go to Tit Castle.
Dude, Where's My Dick?
Etc, etc.

>Explain them the concepts of IC/OOC
Already told them about it. They were insistent, but a screencap of this has made them lay off and understand. Consider what you say understood.

They've pretty much said "Nah, we get it, we don't want you getting banned." So, if they're playing as well, I won't even know.
>then we won't assume you're here to screw with us.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Thanks, I'll get it running. Not the first time I've run a server, so I shouldnt need any more advice.

>I'm not exactly sure what you mean.
Usually when multiple people join up at exactly the same time, it's because they're in a group and they came specifically to cause trouble together.
If you tell the admins up-front that you all know each other, it'll alleviate some of the suspicion.

Using skype should be OK as long as none of you have antag set.

and if your buddy gets kidnapped / dies, you can't go save him.

This.
"You died. Oh well, it happens. Go ghost and bitch in deadchat and bother the geneticist, botanist, or roboticist and flicker their lights."

No it's not. Your buddy shouldn't even have the knowledge that his buddy dies, whether he goes to save him or not. Being on skype is only ok if you tell literally nothing about your character.

You kids and your fucking memes

You're of a wildly differing opinion here.

Well, yeah, I'd do that. If we all happen to play a round together, I'll remember that in the future though.

My friends freak out a bit too readily over getting jumped, so I'd rather just not risk it. Thanks for not being a cunt over this though. Both you and maybe!Probe. I was afraid to even ask.

God damn I type slow compared to you guys.

>Dude, Where's My Dick?
Who said we'd lose them?

this entire fucking round

I know right? It was bizzaro world. Can't imagine what the admins thought

How does it feel to be a tiny-tit loser?

fuck off retard. you're part of the problem with the server

>implying rail actually posted in thread

Are changelings still "suck off monkeymen in maint and occasionally drag lone people off and extend the round time to like an hour" the round type?

Can I philosophize and apply Humanism and Buddhism to spess in my voice chats without ever mentioning any characters or what's currently happening in-game?

Because I do that a lot during Skype/Vent/Discord/Mumble/Steam/whatever voice chats with my spessman friends that are trying to do shitty metagaming.
I intentionally interrupt their metagayman scum asses with a discourse or two on the true nature of spess that shuts them up pretty fast.

They play shit like TG and Hippie, so it's okay, I guess.
Still, I philosophize to shut them up about being faggots on non-Veeky Forums servers while I am on Veeky Forums and it derails their metagayman.
Eventually, they give up and join in on the philosophy and stay away from Veeky Forums, which they're afraid of because Veeky Forums is "medium RP."

Their loss.

You're a fag

I don't care. Philosophy time when I am on voicechat.

>"Yo mang, a ling got me, take my traitor stuff and my head in the CMO's locker and fuck shit up"
>"And so, despite spess being filled with endless possibilities, it is only natural for spessman to resort to the tried and true robust mode, theft and meta knowledge in order to make themselves feel better about themselves. But in reality, it just makes them feel empty, and only segregates themselves from the rest of the station and its happenings, instead of realizing how all the antags are simple pieces in the big picture, with no real reason to get greentext, and being way too focused on greentext and validhunting only hurts yourself and your overall well-being, and will never improve yourselves with your current behavior without a serious paradigm shift and intentional effort on your part."
>"Uh..."
>"So you got my emag and esword? I want to get back in the round. Take me to robotics and emag me so I can be your borg and rekt the ling that got me."

where is my life

>Vampires human
>Cultists non-human
Nah

DELETE THIS

This is absolutely wrong

Autism

No, as in admins ruled that vox aren't human under ASIMOV. They fall under the 'don't be a dick' rule, not the 'follow your laws' rule.
Vampires are non-human. Cultists are human.

nice try

Chart of the things you've merged and which things lag when?

No, they extend the round to two or three hours.
And most of the time is on the asteroid, not in maint, so no bystander removal.

Gotta powergame fast. Also hihg speed.

>Also hihg speed
The misspelling is intentional. The quote is from an existing meme regarding a dog.

>rabbittabbit actually got perma'd
What have i done.

Cultists are human, vamps are nonhuman once proven nonhuman, vox ayys and shit are most certainly not human. Fuck off to bay if you want a snowflake with rights

Be my guest user: github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pulls?q=is:pr is:closed author:DeityLink

What does buckshot do differently from regular shells

All of it on there, then.

AYO
DIS ABOUDDA BE ON WOORLDSTAAAR GURL

Instead of firing one single bullet that does 60 damage, it fires 9 pellets in a cone that do 10 damage each.
It allows you to fire into a crowd and hit multiple targets, or to increase your chances of hitting a single moving target.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/9753

Post thoughts. I figure this way metal foam might be used by engineering at least a little bit.

Cool.
So does a point blank shot pretty much crit someone?

Yes.
If it becomes a problem I might reduce their damage until they travel enough tiles to spread out, but I'll wait and see for now.

Metal foam grenades would be used if there were any at roundstart, or the chemist stopped drugging himself the entire round.

Also a problem against enemies that nullify low damage, such as juggernauts.

R&D has a chem dispenser too now, but the problem persists. Because there's never someone in R&D unless they're busy printing AEGs.

>printing AEGs
Have you already forgotten?

They're incredibly tedious to make for fucking nothing. You people are fucking niggers who smash anything and refuse to fix everything.

>Chemists
>Being useful

Even virologists are more of a benefit than you mindbreaker making fucks.

If only there was a bell there that summoned people.

>be xenoarch
>chillin' on the roid diggin' junk out of rocks
>PDA goes *ping*
>it's the R&D counter bell
>*ping*
>*ping*
>*ping*
>*ping*
>*ping*

Be a WEBUILD staticfag I like or pda and make a solid case of WEBUILD and don't get butthurt over waiting. Once I finish stock, cryo, cloner I generally just jerk off making murder shit between patients and I'm not about to punch myself in the dick for 10 minutes for something nobody is gonna use and we leave over a rod or some stupid shit.

If you want shit bigger than a 50u beaker and only two of them, arrange ahead of time then go get the beakers and assemblies or have someone send them to us.
I'll assembly line a whole fucking box if you get me a large bluespace for mixing and the beakers and assemblies for it

New blob stuff just got merged, we'll probably get a blob bus at some point today.

How do i cyborg?

Play it and have what fun being everyones ghetto emag whilst you can before you're eventually banned because whilst most admins refuse to deal with ahelps about silicons, the ones that do have differing opinions on what's right/wrong on different days and you can get fucked sideways either way
But it you're smart and can play the victim enough you can turn in on your side and get people banned for 'ordering you wrong' and 'damaging you without cause'. Just be sure not to let anyone realise that it's not actually that much of an inconvience to anyone and you could easily put a dent in the player count

Fun round, AI. I enjoyed trying to do my job by "rolling" around. Rest macro is the best thing about this game. Also, that doorcrush scared the shit outta me.

10/10 would get crushed again

>AI laws get fixed
>IAA purges the AI after it announces that it's been fixed
>gets lasered to death

Daily reminder that if cult goes loud, arm up with floor tiles
You can easily 1v1 a jug that way if you aren't shit

>Get to be blob for the first time in months
>Its silicon murderbone round so nobody even fights back

I mean, we got to send a core to centcomm I guess.