/shmupg/ Shootan Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

CAN'T HOLD ALL OF THESE SHMUP TITLES DURING THE ANIME SALE EDITION!

Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA
indiegala.com/indiegalactic
youtu.be/rsJJGxXDO9M?t=3m40s
siliconera.com/2016/04/29/dangun-feveron-will-release-playstation-4-japan-winter-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for DFK disappointment.

Second for vegan athletes

I'm on a budget guys but what would be a good cheap shmup title to purchase? I was thinking Raiden IV.

Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Why buy at all if on a budget? Mame and cracks are your friend.

idk like stuff with leaderboards

by the way, it the stgarchives youtube channel still a thing? Haven't seen it posted here in a while

Polite reminder that the Japanese community doesn't acknowledge MAME scores.

they don't acknowledge PCB strokers' non-existant scores too

Japanese community thinks scrubclears are better than good scores

beggars can't be choosers.

need help to id a freeware pc shmup

actually it's not even a proper shmup but a "sandbox" where you load "boss files" or a bunch of those then fight them

it had a very good editor where you could piece parts together to create bosses/fodder and allowed a lot of scripting to the point you could create a proper shmup with stages, boss with multiple phases that could split into multiple sub bosses etc.

i'm not talking about warning forever (it has nothing to do with what i said but every time i ask somebody mentions it)

good thing no one is japanese here

fraxy?

The full extent of the MEH

nice teeth

so whats the cave phone game like, anyway? is it awful?

think again

I don't think the new moot browses shmupg

>tfw you'll never be a japanese superplayer
why even live

I'd rather play vs fighting than waste 8 hours a day on shmups if I was Japanese.

why there aren't any vs shmups? i understand direct shooting each other would be silly but there's ways to make it work like the puzzle bobblesque approach pcb did (killing shit and combos by one player brings more shit in the other's screen)

there's pofv

Twinkle Star Sprites, motherfucker

i'm retarded, i meant to say pofv instead of pcb in but yeah that's the only one i know

tried to start coding one myself but couldn't make it work with decent latency

Pretty good, waifu tier.

people who play shmups don't want head to head competition like that
and
people who want head to head competition don't want shmups

It's decent. If you can't enjoy the waifus then you probably won't like it, though. You have to play the lower difficulties for a while before you get enough cards and EXP to power up and be capable of doing well in the harder difficulties.

Then there's actual superplayers like KTL-NAL who get WR in shmups and wins VF tournies.

and even he doesn't give a fuck about versus shmups

Yeah, I'm still here. I haven't received any replays in a while so I don't have anything worth uploading. Feel free to send a replay file of a cool 1cc/score to [email protected] if you want me to record and upload it for you to youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

I can only no miss the pillbug section once a day it seems

I'll make my next goal doing it twice a day

owned

Reminder that the Western community doesn't have scores, on MAME or otherwise, that would overtop any of the Japanese records, so the issue remains a hypothetical one.

Does anyone here play pofv?

Japan doesn't acknowledge scores unless they're done in a certified arcade and confirmed by the operator

japanese players don't play on anything but console and arcade bro

MAME = cheating to them

it's incredibly easy to bullshit console runs too by repeatedly pausing, plus the ports aren't 100% arcade accurate

mame really doesn't give you an advantage compared to playing the port and every japanese player i've seen on twitter only uses the port to practice

i should probably try this on hell mode since this was my literal second credit

I'm glad that Cave has a bloomer-sniffing station. While the West panders to people that get offended over everything normal people don't care about, the East panders to people that offend normal people.

Who cares what people think about a dying genre

Let's list crutches that only shit players use

>bombs
>savestate
>autofire

credit feeding
playing the game more than once ever
strategy threads

What's so wrong with sniffing anime little girls' panties anyway?

practice modes
watching replays
arcade sticks

>Moving your ship
>Shooting

>display
>audio
>controller
>breathing
>existing on the corporeal plane

thinking
pressing buttons
playing the game

Too bad those are puzzle/STG. Are there any that don't try to mix genres? I can only think of Change Air Blade.

>bloomer-sniffing station
That's a bit cringeworthy. But I don't get offended by shit like this. I just laugh at how ridiculous it is.

I'm sure it's not very serious to anyone over there, either.

>M2 licensed this game from Cave and is paying for/publishing the release themselves, so it's separate to Cave's plans for PC and everywhere else.

>Cave's recently been hiring people for the explicit purpose of making new STG and their next game started production at the end of February, IIRC. I have no idea what it is but they've been talking up multi-platform development a lot recently, including in their recent financial report, so I suspect it may be a PC game that's then reconfigured for smartphones.

Sounds like bullshit but I believe it.

There's a cheap little bundle that has a lot of shmups in them. Even has Space Moth DX in there as well.

indiegala.com/indiegalactic

>tfw all videogame genres I like are dead

T-time to check those openworld sandbox western rpgs...

youtu.be/rsJJGxXDO9M?t=3m40s

nice music tho

bump

kek

>"_____" AKA the moonrunes on the image
What a weird name.

its not like any game i play now doesnt have autofire by default( thanks yagawa) or has a very low button press to fire rate

>yagawa invented autofire
That's a nice new meme you got there user, mind if I give it a spin?

the autofire button in CAVE games behaves differently from pressing the A button

with the A button there is a much larger minimal amount of shot you can release, with the C button you can control your fire way better as if you slightly tap it you release just 1 burst

it's pretty damn important in scoring

where did i say that, i meant in games that i play which is mostly yagawa games

Fighting games are still thriving at least.

Garegga has semi-autofire, you have to mash at first and then hold down the button to keep the same rate going as if you were mashing.

siliconera.com/2016/04/29/dangun-feveron-will-release-playstation-4-japan-winter-2016/

PKEKS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

yes i know this
then agian if you do it too hard you'll fuck the rank up really badly

>having to pay for something that can already be easily run in MAME
Who got btfo again?

It's not in the shmup mame pack. Is it under a diff name for the mame?

Try Fever SOS

Nope. Like I said, it's just cringeworthy. Not offensive.

From what I understand the True Last Boss actually works in Fever SOS but not Dangun Feveron

Sand scorpion:mahou label

I'm never playing kids again.

How does the racing gameplay work in an autoscroller? Haven't played Grandprix yet.

TLB is also very different apparently, but I can never find any videos to prove it.

Senko no Ronde?

Scuttlebutt is that there's a new Red Dead game in the works

Git hype for E3 son

I don't think it's different, but in Dangun Feveron it doesn't activate unless you bomb so you can kill it effortlessly

I could have sworn it was made easier when they fixed it, but I can't find proof.

I-I just want my slowdown...

More importantly, there are people who are completely OK with being seen in public at such events.

They don't care what people on Veeky Forums say, gotta go be annoying on the farm or neogaf.

Whatever. If it doesn't bother me then I could give two fucks about it.

Just in case they read this though, fuck you Degica, and fuck you neo-CAVE

>neo-CAVE
Where is this meme coming from? I've started seeing this in a couple threads.

can you honestly tell me that cave post 2007 has made decent games, or rather games better than their games prior to that

Pink sweets was the last good cave game

no muchi muchi pork was

cave owns bitch

cave owned bitch

cave can fuck my bitch

Bump.

same

Trillion scores are the stupidest thing ever. Especially when the whole of Japan is apparently allergic to commas.

Pink Sweets is garbage lol