/twg/ - Total War General

βάρβαρος edition.

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458844755
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xth for best TWW waifu also for the extinction of manlets

nth for Nagash.

>Tomb Kangz still not announced

> Tomb Kings still not announced

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D

>you will never go on a 3 week drug-fueled party binge with Sigvald and his daemonettes

why even draw the next breath?

>Tomb Kings announced

daily reminder attila has 48 siege layouts
warhammer total war has 3

daily reminder attila has 1454312313102448 siege layouts
warhammer total war has 0

IF OUR CHIEFTAIN IS TO BECOME WARBOSS

MILITARY LEDA OF ALL DA GREENSKINS

That's just not true.

God I hope not. There's enough micromanagement as it is, why do I have to keep pressing a button on every unit labeled "DO YOUR FUCKING JOB"? It's like CA wants me to pause for every move like I'm playing Faster Than Light.

The Parry rule is less "hit enemy sword with your sword" and more "I use my sword and shield to blunt and avoid the attack". Mechanically, it works as an extra bit of armor for the unit on top of whatever normal armor it has.

So for example a Dwarf Warrior with axe and shield attempting to parry a charging Bretonnian Knight might attempt to sidestep the horse and deflect the lance away from the ranks behind him. Ultimately what the Shieldwall rule accomplishes is removing the bonus strength Cavalry gets on the charge. Which in Total War mechanics is the mass behind the charge.

So yeah, Dwarfs shouldn't be nearly as easy to punt through the air as goblins, and should specifically make normal cavalry skreech to a halt.

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING that new chaos video got me hyped desu

>So yeah, Dwarfs shouldn't be nearly as easy to punt through the air as goblins, and should specifically make normal cavalry skreech to a halt.

So parrying cavalry is dodging out the way? How would that make them "skreech to a halt." ?

I was expecting something like "Maybe he'll stop caring for his elf wife's son"

Who is the Total War team's equivalent to Johan Anderson?

All we ever seem to see are community guys who change every release.

EMPIRE 2 FUCKING WHEN?!

Johan has no equal

Hey AE guy,how's the mod coming along?

>filename
kek'd

What is the point of Tomb Kings?

We already have Vampire Counts. They are a faction of undead skeletons, draugrs, death knights etc. The only difference is that they dont ride snakes and wear egyptian shite.
You should also consider the hard work put on CA. They are already operating at a loss developing the assets for the AMAZING 4 factions in the game we already have. working on another faction would make them unable to profit. Contrary to populat belief the total war series is a very niche genre so they dont make as many sales as you would think

(You)

No one is seriously asking for Tomb Cucks at launch you doofus.

>the total war series is a very niche genre

Not anymore it ain't.

That's the entire point of crossing it over with genre fiction, expand the potential audience manifold.

The amount of people that will buy something with Orcs and Wizards in it is many times the amount that will by Veeky Forumsautist wankfests.

I am

Y'know what, I'll freely admit I don't understand the biomechanics of Manlet v Horsefucker combat, but the point is that without any kind of polearms the Dwarfs need some extra defense against cavalry, and the tabletop mechanics give it to them. They call it "Parry" when it's just a little extra armor in a system where armor means a unit isn't hurt at all. Maybe someone that actually has played the tabletop game can explain better. But from my understanding the best way to represent that is to up the mass Dwarfs use to prevent being knocked down.

>Veeky Forumsautist wankfest
As opposed to the amount of autsim it takes to be obsessed with a fantasy world?

>dwarves don't have pole arms or cavalry
Who the fuck decided this?

Dude even before fantasy was much more mainstream than hardcore history, now with the hobbit, got and shannara just to say a few everyone will flock to anything with elves, orcs and dwarves.

And it's not like many watched spartacus for the history either.

CA

Dwarfs are too proud to use any sort of mounts, it's part of their lore, the only reliable mount is another dwarf

IDK why they don't use any polearm tho, they don't like overcompensating?

GW

The Parry bonus is nothing more than a gameplay abstraction to make charges worse against Dwarfs, so making them have lots of mass to resist charges in TW mechanics is the way of doing it.

That guy is just getting autistic because the name of the save it boosts isn't technically correct when it comes to resisting cavalry charges, but the fact that Dwarfs who don't even have shields get the 'Shield Wall' rule should really tip you off that it's all gameplay abstractions.

I'll never understand it though. Generally things in real life are much more interesting because no good writer writes fantasy, besides Tolkein, and no writer can come up with the amount of bullshit that ACTUALLY FUCKING happened.

Dwarves are retards anyway

>Kemmler
>Not based Zacharias

why

I can see where you're coming from, but keep in mind that most people read during their free time not to learn new things but to turn off their brain for a while.

W-what is this?
Oh yeah, best Dwarves.

>I'll never understand it though

It's really pretty easy to understand, it has to do with context.

In order to have a functional understanding of any given historical event you will need to have a functional understanding of a whole assload of other historical events that surround and feed into that event.

Meanwhile Fantasy is very good at either being entirely self-contained or provide 100% of the needed context in a very short space of time.

People don't like to feel like they're missing shit and they also don't like plodding through shitloads of homework in order to understand the fun bits.

>Hobbit
into the trash

So our human society, which now has the highest literacy rates ever in history, which they'd know if they read about it even once in a while, can only stand history in small doses because they don't like to use the gift that is literacy?

>The Hobbit
>Best anything

Those movies shit on absolutely everything in them, the Dwarves most of all.

Besides, the Dwarves in that battle wielded two-handed mattocks, not shields and spears.

>Hobbit movie
pls no

>because no good writer writes fantasy
Besides this point I agree with you. Reality is stranger than fiction.

Hope your Dwarfs have fun getting cucked by horses while my Dwarves, having already piked them and left, sit in their great halls and drink their mead.

How are those campaigns coming /twg/?

Currently playing through an ERE game, pretty easy at first but I'm finally at war with the sassynids so the long grind has started

post pyrrhic victories

Does only the front rank of handgunners fire like in the old games or do they all shoot at once?

All at once.

>"My Dwarves"

Tolkien Dwarves are great, why do you hate them so much?

>because no good writer writes fantasy, besides Tolkein,
Read more, pleb.

Ah .. Rome ...

Veeky Forums Here, can confirm most genre trash is trash.

>implying Hobbit Dwarfs would stand a chance against the ridiculous number of cannons, handguns, flamethrowers, flame cannons, flamethrowers, attack helicopters and helicopter bombers that Warhammer Dwarfs bring to the table

Hobbit Dwarfs make more sense from a historic point of view, but Warhammer Dwarfs fire a giant 'fuck you' at reality from the barrels of so many different kinds of guns it's unreal.

> no good writer writes fantasy, besides Tolkein
filthy, ignorant pleb

Being able to read and being interested in reading a specific thing are not mutually exclusive.

I think he's saying he likes Tolkien dwarves

>Veeky Forums
>being relevant when discussing literature

That's like asking /v/ what a good game is

>most shit things are shit.

Yeah, and I'm not too too terribly worried. Yes Kholek smashed through the Thunderers like tissue paper but he is fucking Kholek Suneater. The other units that we see go flying aren't the ones with shield-wall and usually only one rank deep so it seems right. Just asserting that in the mass charge system Dwarfs should have high enough mass that you should look at any block of their infantry like they're holding pikes.

what difficulty are you on?

Then why is he posting images from the Hobbit?

Those movies shit all over Tolkien Dwarves.

Unless of course he doesn't actually like Tokien Dwarves and only likes "LMAO DRINK MEAD EVERY DAY! SHORT PERSON FALL DOWN A LOT XXXDDDD"

How many pages of Livy have you read today, pleb?

Because the books don't come with pictures, bud.

Might as well post progress

Trying to get around to completing a Shogun 2 campaign, this time with Chosokabe, campaign got to the point shit is interesting
>Most of my forces are garrissoned on the East, to protect my cites from the Myoshi
>Currently at peace, but they are building a huge army, declaring war myself is not an option since I'd get swarmed by their vassals
>Meanwhile, the Ichijo clan (north and west), my "allies" declared war on me, we are the biggest clans in the island
>Their army got turned into a beatiful carpet and now I'm gonna take their cities one by one

What icons mod is that bro?

They come with illustrations and besides Jackson took great liberties with the visuals

Taking a pause from that stuff after I read thucydides actually, thank you very much.

>Veeky Forums
Kek lit become so cancer it's not even funny

Divide et Impera

either normal's or dei

bullgods a best

Of course he did, like anyone who translates books into movies. I'm not saying I liked the Hobbit movies, in fact, I hated them. I don't think he really wanted to make them desu, they didn't have the love poored into them that Lotr did. Say what you will about those movies, but the guy wanted to make them.

Good taste. Herodotusfags btfo

After my ninja sabotaged the castle gates, the battle for Imabari starts

I see where you guys are coming from, as movies based on Tolkien books they were fucking terrible but I just took them as a sort of 'loose (VERY FUCKING LOOSE) translation' and a big dumb action movie and I really enjoyed them.

I will say that they fucking nailed the Dwarf songs.

>can't take the bantz
>lol dat bord a shit

Oh its dei
Yeah i agree about bullgod
I like normals icons more but too bad he doesn't finish it plus have some problems so it trigger my autism very much
I kinda like this one steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458844755
Probably because it's only mod that have different colors romans icons for august campaign

Did he really eat the sun?

Even if I were to try to seperate myself from my love of Tolkien I don't think they work at all on their own merits.

For one they're way, waaaaaay too fucking long, the tone bounces up and down between saturday morning cartoon shit and "Grrr very serious, so scary". The writing is uniformely terrible and the actions cross the line from being dumb into being straight up fucking retarded (See: Legolas matrix jumping on falling rocks)

Except for the first 1/3rd of the first movie there's just nothing I can appreciate on any level.

Not exactly pyrrhic, but still a costly one.

Wako raiders are broken as fuck :^)

Mod?

tfw civil war

How so ?

my war with the Sassanids by territory gained/lost
the war is still on going

Not the same user, but that's Master of Strategy. It's a good mod, especially when playing Otomo or when going Christian, since Nanban Drydocks let you recruit Portugese Pikemen, Gunmen, Mounted Gunmen, as well as mobile European Cannons.

>Losing all those spears
How?

Master of Strategy mod

Combine their deploy anywhere with stealth and you can easy get to the castle while the AI is too busy watching out for your main force, also the mod let's all factions get them

In Total War Warhammer do you get to play as both legendary lords in one campaign? If so why do you only pick one from the start?

You put your forces on one side and draw attention, and then just scale with Wako from another side, and use their stealth to just get to capture point and win.

He is your leader. He give global bonus and you can accomplish his quests.

You start with the one you've chosen, the other ones turn up after a while. You pick one from the start because they have faction wide bonuses depending on which one you pick, which can affect your playstyle. Bathalzar Gelt lets you get more wizards and Karl Franz lets you get more normal troops, for example.

The Ikko were using various Samurai and monk sword/bow me. The samurai climbed the walls and I stuck in the Yaris as they got shot to hell by the monks. By the time the samurai fucked off, most of the spearmen units were depleted and got rekt when the monks climbed up. I only won by repeatedly charging in my bowmen. This is TROM3 by the way.

One is your starting lord, and the one you get scripted events for. They decide your faction bonus as well, and you have to do quest battles to unlock the others. The latest video also shows that your starting LL decides the composition of your starting army. So if you pick Kholek, for example, you'll start with Dragon Ogres and Shaggoths, which are otherwise very high tier.

The one you choose gives a faction wide trait(you find all the traits on the recently updated rosters on the wikia) and I don't think the narrative quest chains are available for the one(s) you didn't pick. Also you don't get them all at once. The other legendary lords are unlocked as you play the campaign.

Is there any point at all in playing Hojo in shogun 2? I mean trebuchets and cheaper castles aren't really all that game changing.

Thanks buds- anyone of you know where someone wanting to get into the lore of Warhammer should start?