/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Triumvirate edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

NEW BANNERLORD VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14
youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo
youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/xQq8jLch
M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>Recommended new player's first mod:
DIPLOMACY vanilla or this one (adds upstab and more)
mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy Modded.7z

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Carribean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=8h_hS0d4vqg
moddb.com/mods/warband-brave-new-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vaegirs best faction

fatties and virgins can hates as much as they want

Link to recent blog : taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
Interview wit armagan : www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

>V*egirs

>Triumvirate edition.
An forgot to change the fucking edition.
I should have prepared this one NOT ina hurry
Just call this the fucked my shit up senpai edition or something

This is a repost from the last thread. I didnt get an answer. Maybe some of you Pendor Veterans can help a first time Pendor player out please?

I plan to found my own Kingdom of Pendor soon, with Pendoran Culture. If I establish my own custom Knight order before then and if I choose Pendoran culture for the order how do I get nobels? Will they just arrive if I have the Chapter house in each city?

Also I am also a Knight of the Lion. I have upgraded their skills as well. The next upgrade will cost m,e 160K. Is it worth it? And if I found my own order what happens to my membership of the Knight of the Lion? Will I be able to keep my Lion knights. I currently have 40 of them in my party. Each has higher proficiency in weapons than the Hero Adventurers. So they are a quality troop.

alri lads

Man looking at warband becomes difficult now that we saw what BL looks like

So bannerlord coming to consoles??:)

No. Warband is coming to consoles though

In 1257 where can I go to get more local nobels to join my party? Does it vary by region or something?

I saw the latest Butterlord gameplay video. Honestly, i am very disappointed by the combat. Strikes mid step look ridiculous, no actual impact, no stagger, no pushing, no evading. AI is retarded af both small scale battle and large scale battle look like fucking hodge podge circus with every little shitter twatting around. Where the fuck are proper formations? Like basic situational awareness, don't show your butt to the enemy you faggot, stay close. Where are sergeants, squad based moral, weapon ranks and tactical maneuvering. Literally zero progress, fuck you Talewolrds. Crafting and board games are nice, but it was the combat that made the first M&B unique in the first place for me. Fuck off, fucking dropped your faggy fuck of a game. Why everything is so shit, why live?

Okay

Yeah I know. I had pretty much the same reaction.

Yea Bannerlord does look alot better but dont be blinded by the pretty graphics. I think the most important things are in order of importance...

1) Sieges fixed
2) Increased modability
3) Better UI, more navigable, easier to see important information
4) More methods of interaction with NPCs
5) Formations
6) better Ai target selection
7) Graphics

Graphics look nice and all, buts its not really important. I often feel graphics are only important for that wow factor.

The AI doesn't get stuck on trees anymore, at least we have that

How long do I have to wait to fully starve a garrison or get them to give up their castle in 1257? It's been like 8 and nothing. And only 50 men have died. What if it's their last castle/feif?

1) Physics and combat
2) Combat AI based on skill
3) Formations and morale
4) Graphics and content
5) Story and interactions
6) Moddability and UI

Based on my priorities game is shite. Everything is lost now.

Of course. But now it at least looks tolerable and even pretty, wich is a positive thing.
I'd put "Combat AI actually knowing how to use real polearms against cavalry and other opponents" as a solid 2 though Yeah I know spears in VC kinda work but they are ridiculously small
Formations and better AI selection should be before more methods of interactions with NPC.
otherwise I agree

>/v/ never left

Nice try guys.

Excuse me?

You're excused

I meant to say:
What did he mean by this?

Are there chance that they will fix it?

Okay guys, Ive though about it more. I definitively don't think my list is perfect. I just done it quickly on the spot without much thought. Ill need to redo it.

Polearms fixed would be a big one for me as well.

For me graphics is definitely least important.

But the guy who put Moddability last, come on lad. How many hours did you play in Native? I bet most people play at least diplomacy. And then you got mods like Pendor, ACOK, That Japanese one, Persino, Brytenwalda, to name a few. Each of which is basically a new game but with the same mechanics.

Modability allows a game to be fixed, improved, strengthened & lengthened. Hell even the expansion pack VC wouldn't of happened as it was the brytenwalda guys who made that.

He probably meant that both whining on 2 months old footage and bringing the /v/ meme out of the septic tank weren't very good attempt at quality posting

>Does it vary by region or something?
Yeah, there's christian, baltics, muslims, and another i think

>literally everything from warband has been improved
>still whines about it
Is there anything that is more /v/ than that?

>I definitively don't think my list is perfect. I just done it quickly on the spot without much thought. Ill need to redo it.
Wow chill dude, everyone has his own opinion. Tbh I haden't even thought of putting "More interactions with NPC's" on my priority list until you mentionned it.
for me its more :
1) Sieges fixed AND improved
2) Combat AI that can actually get shit done especially with polearms
3) Better UI.
4)Moddability
5)More interaction options with characters (seems like they are going in the right way with diplomacy and trade)
6)Formations
7)Graphics
Yeah after thinking about it graphics fell down the list because even bad graphics for 2016 would have been better than Warband really. I'm glad with the style they chose

Moddability is important, that's why it is on the list. But you can't mod a game into enjoyability if core features sucks. These features are:
1) Physics and combat
2) Combat AI based on skill
3) Formations and morale
Others are debatable and can be fixed by mods, i agree. But now from what i see game is a total run for your life or live in an eternal ocean of suffering and letdown. They ruined my dreams.

By the way, a new video game out with the current blog update, and it's pretty much the same shit as 2 months ago, but it starts off in the southern empire instead, if you didn't know.

>31 replies
>9 posters
KEK, nice "poomunity" you have here

Hello r*ddit!

That's an old video that came out like one week after the event

Oh...

Ah man, sorry if I need to chill. Last nights anger at frank must have worn off on me. I wasnt one of the guys attacking him though.

Good point about the core features needing to be solid I concur.
I would of preferred to use the opportunity to ask him questions but I wasnt there at time.

>Combat AI based on skill
what do you mean ? Different AI's behavior for different tiers of troops ?

Yes. I was very pissed when knights go down like a bitches due to stupid ai. Just want to hire a legendary knight in shiny armour and admire his paintings in crimson colours.

Do you play zoomed in or zoomed out in battles ?

Daily reminder that it took ginger cunt 2 months to write a summary on PCGamer presentation and thinks he's doing great job.

Daily reminder that M&B youtubers did the same in couple days after the event, but in video or podcast format and with more discussion on top.

First person or death. What the point if you are not fucking immersed? I want hear to hear heavy breath, sweat drops and metal grinding. It would be cool to hear red orchestra tier voice acting implemented in battles.

Just looked it up its mongals. Thank you. But fuck crusader states got recked so I guess I can't get the Muslim companions anytime soon.

3rd person except for lancing.

First person closes in your peripheral vision.

I bet the only reason he still has his job is because the local turk developers are afraid of his evil ginger magic

You are the feudal equivalent to Shingles.

Third person zoomed out.

I'd play in first person, but it doesn't provide good enough vision to be balanced or even life-like.

I'd play first-person if I had some VR goggles.

>battle size is 350
>game spawns 420 troops in a siege
Why?

But do you zoom in or zoom out when in 3rd person (using the - and + keys of your numpad)

What is this black magic? I gotta try this.

>there are people who don't know about this or the view outfit key

Wow I never knew this, and Id say I have about 600 hours in this game since launch. I had a gog version before my steam version so I cant say how many hours for sure.

I know the view outfit key pic related.

Anyways, Zoomed out. Better sight lines on incoming threats.

Gingers and blondes used to be prized slaves for their exoticism

He's probably chained underneath a desk most of the time

You're probably thinking ginger and blonde females. Redheaded women are hot, ginger men are disgusting.

Im just gonna leave this right here.

>custodes/cymry proceed to keep defeating bandit stacks and run around with 200+ bandits while they have 30 men
>enemy lord defeats them
>england is now twice as powerful
fug

>not wanting to suck his dick at the rear of a siege while your Rhodok Sharpshooters clear the walls, What Are You Some Kind Of Faggot?

>no homo

I am, but Turkey doesn't have the power to be picky anymore do they?
What do they even do besides bannerlord and terrorism?

I could go for some Harlaus' butttered penis right now to be quite honest.

Fair enough.

up mongrels

page 10 niggers

ded already

Starting new game in native expansion, should I go with the swadians since I never pick them? Being in war with multiple faction all the time and having your village raided every day kinda suck tho.

Help me marry Mathelde.

>wanting to marry old used goods

>that feel when you completely OBLITERATE rhodok shitters with your Swadian Knights and Man at Arms only
>55 losses on their side, ZERO on my side and i didn't even do anything myself (only killed two of em)

Overrated garbage. Swadia is strongest!

>killing non-cavalry with cavalry
Congratulations, I also presume you play the game on easy mode and feel good about winning

I have all settings on highest except damage to me because I am a Space Marine so I have naturally thicker skin than normal humans.

Cavalry charges are easy mode on any difficulty

especially with the dumb as bricks native battle AI

G-guys!! I did it! I finally found Matheld again and I asked what it takes for our houses to have an alliance and she said if that's a proposal and she said yes!!

My heart is going doki doki right now...!

You haven't seen Swadia with the formations AI face off against rhodoks then.
>Charge all cavalry into a thick block of Rhodok pikemen
>Wait until all cavalry are dead
>Wait for one minute while Rhodok sharpshooters slaughter their infantry
>Finally charge
>Get Slaughtered
>Repeat
It's not even worth fighting for Swadia like that. It's like the AI purposefully makes every wrong move it can just to laugh at you.

Enjoy ending up like her last husband

How did he end up? I didn't pay attention to what she was saying at all, I stare at her tits and ass whenever she talks and image myself pounding them.

Died fighting on the battlefield if I remember correctly

>talk to my Constable about how the war between me and Rhodoks goes

>he tells me, about me, in third person, that I want to make a truce with King Gravel because I am also at war with Khergit Khanate

This shirtless faggot really got some audacity to say that in front of me. Literally telling me how I should think? Or what he thinks I think?

>you will never ride in the steppes with your brethren
youtube.com/watch?v=8h_hS0d4vqg

No wonder they disabled dislikes on that video...

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

What about that shitty dynasty warriors mod?

what about that ching chong one that's in development that someone posted a few threads ago

>v-egirs are so pathetic that they have trans women(?) their boyars

Hype or no?

moddb.com/mods/warband-brave-new-world

No

yes

She's a beautiful strong and feminine boyar.

>The theme is low-steampunk / high-Victorian
Stopped reading there

>ctrl+f warsword
>0

Has /mbg/ finally given up? It was only ten more days, lads.

>WFAS assets

LONG MAY HE REIGN

me on the background

HURD U BOIS LIKED BUTTER

What kind of butter you want, senpai?

How the fuck do you get Exquisite butter?

holy shit did he never release that update? I remember that post JUST ONE MORE WEEK nearly 4 months ago

its floris mane

Wait I haven't been here in like a year, did Warsword Conquest finally update?
I-is the version I just downloaded last night out of date?
>captcha is Select All Images with Mountains, kek

The version you downloaded isnt out of date. Just about to be.

Soon™

Theyve been saying soon for four months as the other user said though