/msg/ - Maplestory General

~[HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EDITION]~

>VOTE FOR WHAT WORLD WE TRANSFER TO NEXT TRANSFER EVENT11th ANNIVERSARY EVENTS START APRIL 20THAries
8x/4x/6x v171+ (Updates alongside GMS)
aries.elluel.net/

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 GMS-like. Dreamâ„¢ server. Shit.
maple.ellinia.net/

>Dawnveil
4x/1x/2x v169.1 GMS-like. COMING SOON, GET HYPE
dawnveil.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIALâ„¢ SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals if you're in Windia, Pay2Win, MotherBase or LOVE in Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0LVmRXQBFa3
discord.gg/0tbZtaN7HqZJ0XOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for best girl

Tornado Rex!
vocaroo.com/i/s0LVmRXQBFa3

>camping drakes like a nigger
>some faggot selling golf gloves
>buy them for 10m
>easy peasy
>they only cover your right hand

>we hit the bump limit
Nice work lads

>Can be traded once within account
>Storage keeper doesn't do shit in reboot

wew

not as bad as haircutter gloves

You only wear one golf glove when golfing.

morning guys

The burning event is only 100 and under right?

99 and under. Ideally activate it on some level that will end you up on 99, so you get boosted to 102.

ye

will buccs ever be good

KHROA

SUX I HATE YOU
hey i kinda wanna be your friend, are you considering moving worlds in the world transfer?

choose wisely cause you also get the frozen set

Didn't we just get some buffaluffs?

you get them..future tense

Question, if I use the burn to level up to 100 can I then use the burn on another character?

Can you get the frozen set on more than one character?

What if I want the frozen set on someone over lv 100?

No, it's one burn per event per account (may be per world, don't remember)
You can get the frozen set on every character that's burned.

no you can't get the frozen set on someone over level 100. You should have CRA if you're over level 100 anyway. Or at the very least empress.

No, I'm staying in KHROA

There's another world transfer?

>play in a literal who private server
>get accused of hacking because mobs are a piece of shit that haven't been programmed well
>banned

What the fuck

what are the odds of EMS getting reboot when SEA didn't?

EMS hasn't even been updated since november. If they get anything at all instead of a shutdown i'll be surprised.

Do any private servers have free cubes? I want a server where I can hit the damage cap without having to buy cubes behind votes or some shit like that.

pretty sure hawtmaple has that sort of stuff. I know it has voting and donations though.

Basically every modern pserver has free cubes, otherwise, why even make one?

they want free-instant cap damage to basically just fuck around, it seems, not the traditional experience of a pserver.

Oh. If you want instant cap fuckery just play Hawt, but if you want a reboot-like farm for cubes play Aries or Ellinia. Pservers are at a bit of a lull right now so there's really not that many servers out there. Aries is up-to-date but pretty shit, Ellinia is great but outdated and probably never getting another update. Pick your poison.

That's the server I just played and its a non working piece of shit. You have to cube through an NPC which costs NX and the cubing system itself is flawed. Also half the shit doesn't work.

Nah I just wanted some instant fuckery but as i said I wish it worked like it did in global but it has a weird system as I said bonus potential comes and goes as it pleases and you have to vote to get cubes in Hawt.

>casually go to the henesys park
>some random henehoes
>a couple of days later go there because storage
>same henehoes
>today same henehoes

What the fuck, literally every single day the SAME henehoes in the SAME spot at the same time.

It's entirely possible that's where they meet up. Meeting on maple is nice, different than just using an IM client, especially if that's where you met.

Hey do you mind if I get the name of the server pl0x?
Just wanna jot it down for future reference

hawtmaple or maple hawt

Thx u my man

What's an easy way to get Work Gloves? Can you still craft them?

Stirge, Wild Boar, Jr. Grupin, Jr. Cellion, Potted Morning Glory

not really an "easy way" but y'know.
I'd say buy an owl of minerva. The most expensive ones are usually like fucking 10m so I say just go buy a pair.

Thanks. I'm on Reboot so I guess I'll grind boars.

I believe you can craft with smithing, but i'm not 100% so, grinding is probably your best bet. I hate that names are glued on to crafted stuff so I don't really craft much anyway.

Anyway stirge have the higher rate between the two.

So I just want to point out how I applauded nexon for moving videos over to streaming when the patch dropped on tespia.

except I just now noticed they literally uploaded the videos to youtube. damn shame.

>dead thread again
come on, we had TWO threads hit bump limit.

a

>thread can't survive without memes and shitposting

>You'll never have a wreath star 40,000 km long

I take it back, let the thread die if you fags are gonna come back.

I've been here the whole time, buddy!

What is this? MS2?

LET'S

have some actual game discussion instead of letting the thread dissolve into memes again? Sure, lets give it a shot.

If they ever do another area revamp which area would you like done next? I wouldn't mind seeing something done with Orbis or Herb Town / Mu Lung. Both are pretty large areas with a lot of potential for being really great training areas and some interesting quests. With a few touch ups I could see them becoming more popular.

I'm thinking that realistically we won't see another area completely redone until after 5th job, and I think that will be another big bang type thing, with potentially another area of the map being entirely redone, or perhaps a new island/area entirely. We're long overdue for a real new area anyway, the last one was fucking grandis. in 2012.Everything since has been dungeons and PQs and shit. I'd like to see grandis touched on a little bit. It's always been a mystical place, and we still don't know one of the transcendents, at all. They could even expand upon shade's fox village since it's in grandis as well.

Or maybe a further friendstory expansions.

I agree with orbis though, it's so incredibly outdated. I'd like to see the eliza quest reworked into a theme dungeon type thing. Get rid of greece/chryse/whatever and replace it with an orbis theme dungeon, the kitties versus the pixies could be really cool and would be a nice way to work papa pixie back into the game.

I personally would like a revamped El nath / dead mine region, it doesn't have the same atmosphere that it used to have.

The one make with all 3 lions is a pretty good training area if you're mobile and have big aoe. Spawn there is pretty crazy. Holy fuck do I hate fighting elite bosses on that map though

ill make u guys proud of me just believe

Hey so I'm a level 200 shitter with 100kish range. I only have two piece of reinforced gollux equip, I was wondering should I save up coins and go for a full superior set? Or should I save coins to get a full reinforced set?

I'm poor and I don't even know if I could afford some superior pendants/belts

>level 200
>100kish
jesus fuck
what? how is it that low.

superior is the optimal choice.
Show us your equips now though, don't need to see everything, just show your equip window.

ok guys bet on this:

Cygnus: 77 shards (three more tomorrow hopefully)
Magnus: 80 shards
Queen: 54 shards
Vellum: 42 shards

ill wait for my friend to open them anyways so bet away

how many ppl do you think still play this game? like ~5,000 online at once?

>cygnus
4 matt/att 1 all stat 1 int 1 str
>mag
1 mag 4 dex 1 luk 2 allstat
>queen
5 mag
>vellum
1 str 2 luk 1att

depends on the version

what happens when GMS dies? will it merge with like EMS or SEA or KMS

none of the above.
EMS and SEA will both die before GMS. Nexon NA, going by their existing record, won't allow them back in and they'll merge into whichever doesn't fall, so we'll have euromapleSEA, and GMS competing on pretty much the same level, then I assume whichever one falls next will set the precedent for the other which will just stop getting updates. As nexon grows literally everywhere but the west, i'm sure the interest in continuing to focus on asian territories where people spend money.

There's no way any version will ever merge with KMS.

so then what? they just close down? will we get refunds?

they merged Europe combatarms with NA

maple is different than CA. CA europe was performing exceptionally. maplestory is underperforming in all western markets according to IRs.

You'll get refunds for purchases in the last like 6 months, as is standard with shutdowns. Other than that, probably nothing. They may open up registration for another version of maple, but I don't find it likely.

man superior is gonna take forever to farm for. and assuming i go for that how would i get my pendant and belt?

I'm not sure i wanna show them its kinda embarrasing

if you don't show them I can't fucking help you because I don't know what you have. I really don't care who you are, chances are we're not even on the same server.

just buy the pendant and belt. Or better yet just get a tyrant belt.

>mfw i'm actually having fun in a pre-bigbang server

guys watch my frend for me i gotta poop brb

rip bob, turned into an NPC, then removed entirely.

What decides if a treasure chest spawns in root abyss?

what do you mean? from the boss ?

Which class would do good damage with the frozen set from burning?

any. its the optimal set till CRA

Yeah sometimes a chest appears after defeating the boss and sometimes nothing.

only queen and clown do
chicken and worm dont

Even better than emp? Also why the fuck didn't the prices for that set ever go into

1 mag soul of any type gl shaggy

ok but i've killed clown like 10 times and no chest can anything be done to improve?

Clown and queen should always spawn a chest when killed, no idea why you aren't getting one

What's ur dojo record shaggy

oh la la

yes, less pieces for pretty much similar bonuses, leaving you room to get tyrant shit in the extra slots if you for some reason have tyrant before CRA.

emp stuff never got cheap because it was extremely high demand right up until CRA started being dropped like a month after the bosses were released and they trapped all the hackers, and lots of pieces were farmed on demand rather than stockpiled like CRA shit, so there weren't many pieces laying around. Nobody buys them anymore for obvious reasons. If you want a full set with bonus absolabs is the way to go, but CRA+tyrant does the job just fine. In fact, even better than absolabs, arguably. So basically you buy empress for novelty more than anything else, which is why it's expensive.

is GMS getting rebirth flames now or is it just another fuckup they'll "fix" in 6-8 months?

Can you actually craft them? Cause if you can, and can use them, it would make GMS a lot more broken very very quickly.

How to get Lord Pirate Hat?

i need the fragments but yeah why not

If it's a level 200 with 100k range chances are they have no money anyway, so finishing off the sup set will be impossible unless they're buying mesos or some shit. getting a 4 set reinforced and throwing some gollux scrolls on it will take that range to 200k, much more cost effective especially if they only need to farm coins for the ring and earring. They can even skip the earring and go double pend + belt + ring if they have the rp pendant slot, it's more efficient

Oh. Am I suppose to buy a full CRA set before I go farm tyrant? I don't know how gear progression works in MS. Seems like you need to buy gear to farm things instead of just get it gear naturally that'll let you take on harder and harder bosses

Pretty much yeah. Empress gear is in theory capable of giving you the potentials and shit you need to be able to beat hmag, but you'll find it a lot easier to piece together CRA + one or two tyrant pieces. It's mostly about ease of power acquisition. Cube 4 CRA gear items well and you can easily hit 300-400k of range if not more depending on your other gear. Generally speaking though is right, gollux stuff is so easy to acquire, it should be the big priority in terms of actually getting gear. If you have the 100m or so to spend on buying all the CRA gear+a wep (unless you're a NL or something) then buy that to make gollux a bit easier.

Thanks for your post my man.

0-20 beginner gear
20-100 tots free shit
100-150 4%+ stat gear from monster park
150+ cra and tyrants and gollux

np

You can clear CRA with monster park gear?

100-150 you can also fill in various slots with boss accessory sets, such as face, eye, badge etc. 150+ also do commerci and farm your sw tat+glasses with 7/14% stat

not really but with mpe stuff you an at least do gollux and commerci for mesos, you can get cra so cheap now anyways the only expensive things are claws and to a lesser extent daggers

A-almost done :]

>tfw this will never be u

discord.gg/0tbZtaN7HqZJ0XOE

haven't posted this in a while

memes get ready 4 2x

aw hell is this gonna start in like 2 in the morning? i went in a earlier event and felt that i wanted to die after 2x was over. Is it worth it to risk my health for this?

Guys what's a class that when you see it, you think
"Wow, that's a stylish guy"
or
"Wow, what a cool class"

jett

Daily reminder