/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1115 - Lets pick weed Edition

Previous thread: >The Basics
ACNL Basics Guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC Wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wiki
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-new-leaf-brand-new-catch-april/

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Item image gallery - animalcrossingnl.mooo.com
Museum Checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
Image2QR recognition *shit* - acqrfactory.com/
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo Cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Villager Birthdays
27th Katt
28th Ava
29th Coach
30th Angus
>May
1st Clyde
2nd Mint
3rd Sylvia

>Upcoming Events
Weeding Day (April 30th)

>Misc.
Town tune list - newleaftunes.tumblr.com/tunes
Camper Reset guide - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
Dream Town List - pastebin.com/W4FQW6ZW
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/

Other urls found in this thread:

neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t2009685-weeding-day-guide/
youtu.be/6U2ZniaU9CA?t=1m10s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-modifying_code#Self-referential_machine_learning_systems
youtube.com/watch?v=5xAK-X0RA5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Found a guide that should explain what I initially posted today about Weeding Day, including what items each category has neoseeker.com/forums/50570/t2009685-weeding-day-guide/

Yes

I just lurked the guide I just mentioned and it seems like someone asked a similar question and apparently each visitor of the town needs to pick 30 weeds to get an item. It doesn't accumulate for those who are in the town at that time.

I thought the mini-game you mentioned is a forced Weeding Day if you have more than 50 weeds in your town. Apparently that's not the case here.

After doing some research and watching some videos I should clear this up a bit:

Weeding Day is a holiday with 3 types of prizes.
One type if you have everything cleared before the Weeding Day
Another type if your town is clean DURING the Weeding Day (this can also be acquired if you aim for the first type of prize by using alts)
Last type of prize which requires you to pick 30 weeds from a friend's town. You must pick them up and talk to the Lief in that town you picked the weeds from.
So to satisfy 3 visitors, the town must have over 90 weeds.

The only thing that needs testing (which I couldn't find at all for some reason) is: Can you create characters during Weeding Day in a clean town in order to get get as many Category A items as you want?

The special mini-game mentioned by Shevek is an event that happens in someone's town if they have more than 50 weeds. The mini-game is similar to a tour and the rewards are based on how fast you can remove the weeds from the town.
This can be done with 3 more people, and everybody will get a Category B furniture if they picked at least one weed during the event and the event has been completed in a reasonable time. youtu.be/6U2ZniaU9CA?t=1m10s

While the rumor is still not debunked, the events seem to be quite different thus I'm not gonna try it.

Tom is in boxes, if anybody wants him

Margie Diva, Tom, Molly, and Rooney need new homes, /acg/

>Can you create characters during Weeding Day in a clean town in order to get get as many Category A items as you want?
Yes, you can. I've been doing this all the day

I'm still looking for someone to do a "I remove your weeds, you remove my weeds" thing.
Or if a kind user wants to remove my weeds tomorrow and get me their Category B furniture. I could try to compensate with items from Tortimer Island or Egg furniture spares I have from the Easter event.

Good to know. Thanks!

>one weed
>three different items thanks to alt accounts
This feels like cheating

Would anyone happen to have a Coprolite? It's the last fossil I need.

*cough* *cough*

I have it. What's your FC?

Alright...
What island item do you want? I have some medals to spare and I'm willing to venture in search of any Tortimer Island item.
Or something from the Egg set from Easter event. Maybe I have it as spare.

nothing really.
If you hace a silver axe, that be enough.

Right here

>Silver Axe
Gonna need a few cups of coffee this night. Spent 50k by now in search for them a few days ago. At the same time I need them as well.
Good thing I can spam the "same country" island without anyone on it to disturb.

Gate's open.

I still have a raptor torso, raptor skull, and diplo hip to give away.

Oh Oh. without pressure, you can give me the silver axe when you want. Im trying to get a few, but now I just want the category A items creating characters.

Also, Im planning to get all the weeding furniture, maybe you can help me in a few weeks when I get 50 weeds in my town.

>tfw want to participate in weeding day but no weeds because ordinance
Also, if you have the Beautiful Town ordinance, then do flowers automatically regrow grass, or do they still need to be watered first?
grass deterioration a shit

I use the ordinance but still had a few weeds around because I left them alone on purpose. Not many, but a few, enough to get me a violet screen.

I need motivation more than anything. I have over 200 medals to use. Hopefully I can get some axes tonight!
Sure I'll help. I plan to catalog every item, including the items that can't be ordered.

At what time are you available tomorrow? Just so I know when to expect ya.

Can you delete your alts, make new ones and get more items?

Both of them have patterns laid down and lots of items being stored so I don't dare delete them. I'm sure that would work though, there was even someone in the last thread who said so.

See

You can count on me if you let me catalog the group B furniture~

Does anyone know of a quick way to get started in acnl? I'm considering recreating my town for a better layout and better villagers. I know about the tortimer island for valuable bugs, but other than bells, how do I quickly get a decent town in order?

You can have someone hold your stuff

Other than that, have a good balance of villager personality types because certain villager types request certain PWPs of a theme

Honestly, I'd recommend having someone store your tools for you/ask to buy someone's silver net/rod from their museum after you've restarted. It takes hilariously long to get them when you restart.

whats the fastest way to get a unique stump

i heard silver axe gives you a better chance but im unsure

Eh, I've gotten a lot with a plain axe while growing perfect fruit. You cycle through trees quickly that way. The odds don't seem improved now that I've got the golden axe.

How many silver axes would you want?

Anyone have decent turnip prices and a kind enough soul to let me come sell them before I accidently let them rot?

dang. trying to get some nice stumps near my fountain. oh well. better prepare for the grind.

Silver axes ALWAYS create a pattern stump

Shevek already volunteered. But thanks anyway!
You can still come and catalog it. Or help me get it if Shevek isn't available by 7PM my time tomorrow.

The most valuable thing in this game is time. Aside from what others mentioned, spend bells at the Nooklings to get the store upgraded as fast as possible, You could time travel if you need to speed up the process of different main street constructions.

I heard Silver Axes will create an unique stump almost all the time.
Golden Axe has a higher chance than the Normal Axe, but less than the Silver Axe. At least that's what I heard

Dunno. I just wanna use some medals on something people want to have, both as trading material and axes for myself after I make a permanent town plan.

I have 207 if thats any good. Just started a new town.

Thanks for the help!

Would anyone be a pal and let me store some stuff with them? Just until I remake my town. I can pay you 500k bells as a thank you

I'm at the island at the moment trying to get a mermaid sofa, but if you still need help when I'm done I'll lend you a hand.

Dude can i come sell them?

Don't forget to get one PWP each day after you become mayor using the wetsuit trick.

its hard to say. its 4pm in my country(gmt -5)
I normally sleep at 1am, then I have the next 9 hours to do the weeding.
Then I wake up at 7-8am. That will be in 15 hours.

Sure, I'll add you up.

Can you only unlock one new pwp a day?
If so I've been doing wetsuit trick in vain for like an hour and a half

Alright, nice, I'll wait. Just let me know when you're available!

Let me know when you open!

open

It's telling me that your code is invalid? Did you type it in right?

>Can you only unlock one new pwp a day?
In my experience, yes

yeah, sorry, kinda multitasking right now

Added! I'm coming over now

Oh, that's good then. It's gonna be around 3-4 PM my time.

Some people claimed that you can get more than one PWP per day. They said it has to be on different times of the day. I doubt it's true.

Decided to cut the tour short.
FC is 4356-1102-5271
Added you and I'll open the gates to Sheol.

Alright, I'll add you and come over, did you want the 500k bells?

Nah, keep it.

It says you're offline in my friend list and I don't see your town

Try now.

Just repeating for this thread; if anyone has Weeding day items they don't want, I'm collecting em and would appreciate it.

Remember, if you start a new town, there are villagers need adopting

Anyone?

Lets try that again.

So, heads up: I've got Silver bug net and fishing rod in my museum shop and an axe in the department store. Want me to pick them up for you and drop them over by the rest of your things?

Oh that'd be great, thanks

>go talk to Fang
>tells me how to end muliplayer sessions abruptly

Rude wolf pls.

How could Animal Crossing be improved?
What features would you like to see in a sequel or similar game?
What mechanics suck? Which are the best?

I guess he doesn't like me very much

How do I go about adopting them? All of them sounds like fine additions

I wish there was more to do with other people. The island is a good start, but I think multiplayer animal crossing has more potential.

I imagine each town could be a server. With dedicated server software available, people can host servers for them/their friends, or the client can just run a local server and there's the single player mode (this is how minecraft does it).

Added with a much more comprehensive modding/user generated content network, cool things could happen.

Alas, Nintendo will die before they do any of those things.

>villagers with better AI (or with an AI at all)
>less verbosity in rudimentary tasks (special characters asking you the same stuff over and over)
>choosing villagers and their house placement
>or rather, randomly generated villagers by mixing color, face, personality, etc, or possibility to make custom villagers
>need less commitment with the game

When they're all packed up, "in boxes", you go to their town and talk to them until they agree to move in.

>less verbosity in rudimentary tasks (special characters asking you the same stuff over and over)
Could you elaborate on these? I'm adding them to a design document, so if you could be more specific it'd be of great help!

I'm planning on having a multiplayer element, but I hadn't really thought of allowing dedicated servers. It'd be a bit weird to have them. I'm definitely going to try to get NL-style multiplayer in, though

Fucking casuals

Better AI is something I forgot to add to my post, but something I have thought about in the past. This might not be too relevant to you, but nintendo has enough dosh that they could put the R&D into some really cool AI.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-modifying_code#Self-referential_machine_learning_systems

Like, *how* do you want better AI? What do you want them to do?

>having actual multiplayer
youtube.com/watch?v=5xAK-X0RA5o
This is why Nintendo has all these restrictions related to multiplayer.

"Hey user! could you do me a favor and give this item to this guy who is RIGHT THERE?"
"Hey user! that item that I gifted you yesterday is awesome! Can I buy it?"
"Hey user! what's your opinion on this subject which I already asked you yesterday and the day before yesterday?"

"Good afternoon and welcome to T&T!
We're sorry but we can't give credit.
Oh... right, what's what you wanted?
Oh, a fortune cookie? Let me see!
It's number XX! A Mario hat! Enjoy!
You can bring me more fortune cookies!
Bye bye!"

Not having to play the game every day to prevent flowers from dying, missing that day's items in the shops, buried fossils, faster ways of harvesting fruits...

>can't ask villager thinking of moving to stay because she can't ping me because it's an event day

I hope in the next game this gets changed somehow

Simply, I want the AI to learn. I want the AI to be a non-fixed system of interaction. I don't mean like the player has to type out what they say to the AI, but just make their actions less arbitrary.

Actually machine learning is a pretty hefty task, but I think you could get away with just giving the villagers a 'memory'.

I think this could tie into a lot of the other user's ideas of dating. Have them remember things they've done for you or vice versa, and have those memories influence future actions of theirs, such as them moving out (or not).

This is why we can't have nice things.

the one thing i want is to be able to select specific locations for your villagers to live, and decide 100% if they're staying or going after a certain point

nothing worse than getting roads ruined by houses

Also, user. You've implied that you're working on a game of your own. Try not to just clone animal crossing and then add a few tweaks. I've seen a lot of projects on the web that have tried, and I think there's close to a 100% failure rate.

I've been working on an animal crossing-esque game too...

anyone got any silver axes? if so what will it take to get one?

You wanna know what I really want?
A game that mixes the concept of Animal Crossing with Lego________

Anyone who needs adoption of villagers I have a fresh village and can welcome some

Getting really tired of this shit.
It's like the game knows I want Silver Axes but wants to show me who's the alpha in this relationship.

anyone wanna play with me pls

That Kappa costume looks legit.

You didn't show up to adopt Samson yesterday, user

ken moved in and he was my 10th villager sorry

Should have at least said something, user

sorry i was away with work

>box of chocolates

Is that a consumable item? Anyone have a spare one of those I can buy?

Its not consumable

Just what are you implying here, Robin?

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned, but right now Twitch has some streams of people playing ACNL. This is my first time seeing people playing it. They seem decent.

Anyone got a spare?

pls no bully. Robin is a sweetheart

I can order one for you for tomorrow evening if you'd like

Yeah that be nice, is there anything you're looking for?

Nope

alright thanks

Uh oh

I love Coco so much, she's so cute!