/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #349

"The secret to Kate's smile" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls :
strawpoll.me/10008346
strawpoll.me/10009793
strawpoll.me/10032039
strawpoll.me/10035068
strawpoll.me/10042905
strawpoll.me/10062230
strawpoll.me/10068343
strawpoll.me/10072100
strawpoll.me/10079131
strawpoll.me/10079598

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kate.jpg

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ

>eventually
So never?

Pricefield!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>Life is strange season 2
>As widely expected, you play a "person of colour" in an 'urban neighbourhood'
>There's this qt perfect religious grill who, unlike the majority of religious conservatives, actually cares about charity for reasons other than tax rebates
>Just moved there from some small town that was hit by a natural disaster
>Get into a relationship with her
>Gets serious fast, you almost held hands the other day while waiting for the bus.
>You still have shivers from when her little finger brushed yours
>Because it's so serious, Kate insists on bringing you home to meet the Marsh clan.
>You show up dressed in your best clothes
>They're all waiting
>And they've dressed up for you too

Second.
All the female characters are interesting, even the background ones, but absolutely none of them are relevant to the plot except Max and Chloe (whose decisions/motivations are second rung to and suffer greatly from awful plotting/structure choices) and Kate and Rachel (who the writers don't give a fuck about and completely dropped the ball on).
And every single one of these characters functions as a victim of the same male sex offender/murderer.

Literally every other female character could be removed from the story with no concequence. Even Victoria's only function is to provide Max with a reason to go to the party other than killing Nathan, but that motivation is weak as fuck anyway considering Max has the option to change her mind about warning her and didn't bother to do all the other shit she could have done to convince Vic or bring the hammer down on the dark room.

But this just goes to show how fucking low videogames set the bar for both writing and female representation.

Anything planned for lisg #350

I don't remember why, but somebody a while back said 352 would be significant for some reason.

The triumphant return of LiT....r-right?

Got dang loch ness monsta, I ain't givin you no tree fiddy!

They may not be directly relevant to the main plot but the presence of the other girls does make Arcadia Bay feel like a richer world. You could just as easily point out that most of the male characters could be removed without consequence. Jefferson, Nathan and to a lesser extent David and Frank are about the only vital ones. Warren is useless, Wells and Samuel don't do much, and William's role basically amounts to a little side-story.

eh, if they added a female villain whose importance was, at least, slightly lower than Nathan's/Jefferson's, we wouldn't even be talking about female representation. I think that's the main problem, they were scared of a female that wasn't directly or indirectly controlled by you to do something bad/mean, wether on purpose or not, which led to the irrelevance of all female secondary characters but Kate in a certain way, while warryn, Mr. Jefferson, Nathan, David and so on would all make a huge difference to the plot if they didn't exist.
The point is, I don't think DONTNOD is sexist at all, I just think they were afraid of appearing sexists so much that it counterattacked.

>real quote
Yes it is, but it was from Max's journal.

William is Chloe's entire motivation. Wells and the police are important for showing how corrupt and useless Arcadia Bay's authority figures are - they're not particularly important as characters, but they have important roles in the setting as well as the dark room plot, since their uselessness is the reason Max, Chloe and even Nathan don't trust them to do anything.

What the fuck does Alyssa contribute to the setting or plot at all?
All any of the other girls provide are numbers for Kate's bullying story. Taylor's entire contribution to the game ended in her first appearence once she threw that paper ball at Kate. And I loved Taylor, I think she's very true to life and interesting to explore, but she's 100% irrelevant which leaves her wasted and unexplored.

>And I loved Taylor, I think she's very true to life and interesting to explore, but she's 100% irrelevant which leaves her wasted and unexplored.

Just think of her as a microcosm of the plot as a whole.

No. It's shit writing. Fuck off, Michel.

I don't think you entirely understood that post.

It had something to do with the amount of threads we get each episode, and that we should have gotten another episode at #352

The majority of the male characters are still little more than window dressing though. Even if they had an unintended role in enabling Jefferson (which isn't really a good example of having agency in a story) that's only because they're adults while the girls are at high school.

Oh fuck, I'm scared. I've been friendly and I took her call as well.

It would be cool for Max to be able to take Chloe into a picture with her. Maybe give her a chance to say goodbye to William.
One of the fics I've been reading involves Chloe getting the power Max has and she goes into the photo of her and Rachel...and Chloe is mature and realizes she shouldn't risk making things worse like Max did despite having good intentions. So she just uses her time in the photo to experience Rachel's presence one last time before going back to the present.

You have to save her.

The n50th editions have never been anything special. Do you have anything in mind user?

Just try to remember what you saw in her room. I think you can even use the journal to look at whatever you saw.

I'm not talking about agency, I'm talking about plot relevance.
And they're not just adults, they're authority figures. Ms Grant and Samuel make no difference either and they're adults.

I'm not saying there aren't completely irrelevant male characters, too. I'm saying it's really pathetic to hold this game up as some brilliant representation of females when almost none of them matter and the ones that do matter are really poorly handled,

>almost none of them matter and the ones that do matter are really poorly handled
That about sums up the male characters just as much, if not more so. The majority are irrelevant and you're far more likely to forget they exist than you would the female characters. The ones that are important amount to Nathan the off-screen corpse, David the jobber, and Jefferson the Disney villain.

I did it!

Well done newfriend. Just remember to quit the game at the art gallery in Episode 5 and you'll be happy.

>Just remember to quit the game at the art gallery in Episode 5 and you'll be happy.
Wait, why?

Truly an angel.

Just trust us alright. It's better to just leave the game as it is there.

The general doesn't like the endings. Yes, you're getting multiple endings. No, they're terrible.

It's a much better point to end things then to see Episode 5 through.
Think about the most predictable and cliche way the game can end, that's how it ends.

Seriously. There were regular dummies on the Steam forums who managed to correctly predict the ending as far back as Episode 1's launch day. It was such an obvious predictable conclusion that the general rebelled against it prior to Episode 5.

>prior to Episode 5
Prior to Episode 2 even. Mari was right

Don't even go there user.

Aww man, are you guys serious? Still, I want to see things through to the end. Though I have to ask, is it like Mass Effect 3 where your choices didn't mean jack shit or is just disappointing overall?

No it's either you scarifice Chloe or Arcadia bay

It's not quite as bad as Mass Effect 3's endings but it's very close. Your choices don't mean shit as one ending retcons the story out of existence and the other has everything so wrecked that all your accomplished are now irrelevant.

>accomplished
*accomplishments*

You're bullshitting me right? I've been playing blind this whole time but how on earth does sacrificing Chloe save Arcadia Bay and vice versa?

The endings are very often made fun of in the general for a reason user. Life is still all about experiences so finish the game if you really want to

You've hit the nail on the head my friend. Even months later we still rant about how it makes no fucking sense. It's basically a rip-off of Donnie Darko, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and any other time travel story where saving a person using time travel somehow causes a disaster that makes everything worse. It's a bullshit pre-schooler's understanding of Chaos Theory. Just because unforseen consequences will take place doesn't necessarily mean that those consequences will be bad.

Because lisg can't accept the truth, even Chloe says it

Oh fuck me man. I've only just finished episode two but if I had to choose right now, I'd save the bay.

Well I wasn't going to spoil it, but other anons decided to. So cat's out of the bag.
And to answer your question: it doesn't. That's why we're pissed about the endings. They make no sense logically and contradict how Max & Chloe have acted throughout the game.
Despite that the story still has some really good points in episode 3 and 4 so play those. And either play through to the end of ep 5 to see how bad the trainwreck gets or just do as some said and turn it off after you get to the gallery.

Chloe and Max have no reason think think Chloe's death would stop anything. And Chloe only suggests it because she's being mature for once and wants to spare Max any guilt even though it's not her fault. In the end she leaves it up to Max and is happy if Max picks her.
And why wouldn't she pick her?

there are some more words before the portion you quoted that might be relevant here.

>other anons
And complete dickheads they are. That's enough posting from me today. Fuck you to the people who spoiled him.

It is a dick move to outright reply with spoilers. But the game's been out for months now so browsing a general devoted to it carries risks.

>Despite that the story still has some really good points in episode 3 and 4 so play those. And either play through to the end of ep 5 to see how bad the trainwreck gets or just do as some said and turn it off after you get to the gallery.
Oh I'm still gonna play through it but man, what a downer. Like I said, I've only just finished episode two but why is Chloe so important that a town will literally get blown the fuck out if you decide to save her? She was supposed to be killed by Nathan in the bathroom in episode one then? Oh and also, please for the love of god tell me they at least explain why Max gets time powers.

>Oh and also, please for the love of god tell me they at least explain why Max gets time powers.
Pffffahahaha

eh...he...he...he...
Just ignore the storm and enjoy the characters.
Really, you're not far enough in the game to explain why the storm makes no sense without spoiling others parts of the game. When you get through the game come back and we can post all our pre-organized rants why the ending is bullshit.

You sweet summer child.

Honestly you should bail on this thread until you beat the game. Then you can bitch about the terrible endings. :^)

Please be lying

Should I just power through the rest of the game tonight and get it over with or draw it out over the weekend?

Just think of the storm as a metaphor for whatever executive meddling or budgetary constraints fucked up the rest of the story.

I'd enjoy it while you can. Savour it, because who knows if you'll be able to revisit it after episode 5 is through with you.

I'm sorry pal but this general freely discusses endgame spoilers. We have every right to since the majority of the people here have finished the game. You can't expect us to stay silent just because one person (who knowingly risked going onto a board for a game that's been finished for months) hadn't already done the same.

I'd do it over the weekend, but I couldn't do more than one episode a day.

Episodes 3 and most of 4 are phenomenal though. You start seeing cracks near the end of episode 4 then things go to shit in ep 5.

We can freely discuss it if we like but not directly spoil someone who made it very clear he wasn't done with the game. That's just being an ass.

Night /lesg/

>You're Chloe Price
>You're on the cliff watching as the storm is about to make landfall
>Your family and what few friends you have are down there, you care about them, but they're not your priority
>Your priority is standing next to you. The girl you've always cared about, your savior on multiple occasions, your best friend, the girl you've loved for as long as you can remember
>Perhaps all this time you've been running from the inevitable
>You won't let Max shoulder this burden and will not let others pay for your mistakes
>You offer your own life even though when your death comes you won't understand why
>But you take solace that Max will bring justice to those who killed you and harmed others
>She's so strong, stronger than you ever were. She will carry on
>She has the photo in her hands, you're ready to accept your fate
>She tears it and your heart feels as if it's stopped
>You're scared more than you've ever been, but at the same time you're the happiest you've ever been
>She's picked you. Over a town, over whatever consequences there may be, over any nightmares, over any guilt
>You're going to get your dream of running away...with her. Which is what you've always wanted
>You're going to have tough days, times where you're scared and sad, times where you're pissed off, times where you have to be her rock
>You're going to live

Good night
Please dreams of us /lisg/
All of us in Arcadia bay
In high school
And all getting along
And lisg is basically the vortex club

>You're going to live
We're all happy for you Chloe.

You're going to sleep, Kate? Don't you know nobody actually sleeps at sleepovers?

Fucking this lol!

But Kate is alive too! She was in the hospital miles away and safe.

Yea I saw her at Chloe's funeral
I was like
I don't give a fuuuu about Chloe
She's resurrected as a blue butterfly and I got Kate all to myself
If you guys don't call this a win/win I don't know what will

Chloe's funeral?
How did you see ~70 years into the future?

What are you talking about
Did you even play the game
I'm talking about sacrificing Chloe and letting thousands of people live (kinda obvious choice if you ask me, chose to save one or thousands of people lives)

Don't condemn their choice user. Max and Chloe finally have a happy ending and everyone else is in a better place now.

You're losing me, user. How does sacrificing Chloe have any affect on the storm? It's always been coming and always will come.

You're probably one of those retards who thinks turning off the game if how it ends.
Why don't you do that for all video games so they all get a happy ending, while you're at it. I swear you guys are getting more baka everyday.

Yea what about the two moon and no one was able to take a pik of it. Didn't you read the newspaper in the plane, it's all a fucking dream???

>You're probably one of those retards who thinks turning off the game if how it ends.
>Implying Episode 5 is canon

Replying to the spammer again. Obvious and really boring.

The true ending is Max waiting a week to recover and formulate her plan and then using another photo from earlier week to go back and warn Chloe and everyone she can. Or finding a way to make the storm go away entirely.
Max does not give up. Max will make the universe her bitch if it tries to mess with her.

Nigga it's in the base game and limited edition.
Prove me wrong.

It's a catch 22: Either reply to the trolls and lessen the amount of posts. or be better and ignore them but watch as the thread sinks in the catalog.

Are you saying I'm a trap you fucking autist?

It was a hoax! Just some cleverly disguised fan mod. It was somewhat convincing but the recycled music and assets made it's true nature clear.

When do you think Episode 5 will come out?

Most of those on /lisg/, are autistic and selfish Chloefags who chose the Bae ending and rabidly attack anyone who disagrees. They cannot be reasoned with and are driven primarily by emotions, like women

SOON!

There is no Bae/Bay ending. It never happened.

This

I stubbed my toe this morning. I'm pretty sure it was because you didn't burn your house down, but I can't prove it. Please think of others and correct that mistake so I don't stub my toe again.

what happens to the timeline in which max chooses to sacrifice chloe? we know that timelines continue on without the presence of the specific 'max' consciousness we follow through the game, so once that max goes back in time, the max in that original timeline would continue to be with chloe and the sacrifice arcadia bay ending would happen anyway

While I think there is only one timeline, there is a point to that. Even if Max lets Chloe get shot. her autopilot will operate and act as she would. And she would save Chloe since it would be the second time she saw Chloe get shot, so she would know about the rewind and use it. Unless the autopilot will not use the power, but then that's altering the timeline (When it's already been altered by rewinds Max made in the classroom prior to going to the bathroom) so it would just create the storm again.
As we've said earlier, both endings make no sense and should be disregarded.

>But you take solace that Max will bring justice to those who killed you and harmed others

"Good-bye, she thinks. Good-bye, Chloe Price. I will write your name in the ruin of them."

Goodnight, /lisg.
Sweet dreams and if that user still playing through is up, good luck and hope the people spoiling stuff didn't ruin things too much.

Good night, user

Good morning, /lisg/!

By that logic, sacrifice Chloe already exists as the very first timeline Max existed in.
You'd be picking which timeline Max herself wants to live in, because they'll all exist anyway. It's hard to argue that Max would prefer to live in a world without Chloe, if that was really the case.

and that's why sacrificing arcadia bay is the true end