/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous thread: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, From the Depths, Factorio, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
[YouTube] Official Starmade Trailer (embed)

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: [YouTube] Machinecraft Basic Intro Tutorial [152] (embed)

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>[YouTube] Besiege Alpha Trailer (embed)

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k
youtube.com/watch?v=KDK5TF2BOhQ
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggBus3.blueprint
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675630560
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675641129
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672205316
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodCRAMArty2.blueprint
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodACAA3.blueprint
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodMissileLas2.blueprint
youtube.com/watch?v=GlU-oBPiOJs&t=757s
youtube.com/watch?v=cQL_5N5nErE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>removed robocraft site

>>>still has robocraft in the OP games list

You fucked up you fag.

Bombardment laser in spengies for planetary glassing when?

>robocraft still in the OP

You fucked up.

Has the ZF serb stopped murdering people yet?

5th for solar bug

nth for epik gameplay

I really like the song in that trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=0bjTrPutt4k

youtube.com/watch?v=KDK5TF2BOhQ

Yessssssssssssssssssss.

EBIN
B
I
N

LOOB
O
O
B

Printerbutt

what games can i do mad skids and make america great again?

has to have working multiplayer

>Where needs to be flatter?
That sandy area in Automus Nova for example.
Middle size tonks can't get anywhere without using jets or recoil

Has anyone here at any point in time ever created a megaship or station of considerable size WITHOUT only getting 2 frames when looking at it?

In a Engineering game?

No

Ah, I meant Spengies, specifically.

I still have very very low frames when i spawn this, and its only the legs and the frame.

Simspeed is the new hell.
When i lock the rotors in the wings it goes smooth and good, but when i unlock them simspeed goes to hell.

Post tonk, area doesn't seem that bad, at least 70% of it doesn't.

it's that tonk i uploaded at the end of the last thread

Don't know if this is obvious or dumb or actually helpful, but if you want fast land vehicles in FtD you need downward thrust on the front bits.

That might also help with handling rough terrain.

put some 2m slopes on the front like claws and put powered wheels in them like the manfactorum has.

with gyroscopic effect you can soften the weight of something in its front part, in cars, mostly fwd cars, you do this by going full gas on something, because it rises the front part.
If the game has that kind of physics, you can also do it with rockets, if not, it will be like spengines, it will soften the weight of everything.

>OP keeps finding ways to fuck up

It's a feature. Stop being so entitled.

it all makes sense now

op is robocuck

I fucking love making buses

I make fucking love

I love fucking make.

>simspeed drops like we were in 2008
This will take years to optimized to not have simspeed issues at all.

It never will

>bussing gears
No.

How does it feel to be a cunt all the time?

user watch out. You will die if you buss in bob's

RIP Akagi, we hardly knew thee

RIP
how

>It had spin blocks set up on the left and right side as a stop sign and a fold out door, that would extend when it rolled past a certain angle, to help minimize flipping on its side. It had one on its roof too, so if it flipped all the way it could push itself back up. Fuck. I don't feel like rigging that up again.
I'm amazed you found room to pack in enough ACBs to drive that, honestly, especially if you kept the center aisle clear. Sounds awesome.

I'm honestly not sure. I think that it took a rocket hit to the underbelly, which took out the refinery, which shit out the resources inside and then tore through the ship.

Rebuild or decon?

>Weaponizing CLANG
Stop before it's too late and learns how to aim

Noice shower.
An actual bullet cutter.

Already Decon'd and recycled into the shimakaze.

ripperoni

We should stash ships inside asteroids now that we know those asshole drones fire when nobody's on

That's weird. I'm setting up ACBs to self-right the bus the way I do manually, by firing a broadside into the dirt, but for some reason even if I take the range limit off entirely only one side is actually getting triggered by "Weapons Systems -> Fire Weapons".

>copper pipes

is there even any reason to play spengies?

No

Now that's real neat.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggBus3.blueprint

Not recreated the stop sign mechanism you had, but now can bumblefuck its way around this terrain in a hilariously violent manner, only occasionally getting stuck (usually because the AI rolls it again the moment it gets back up).

Awesome.

Oh man turns out I saved an earlier version. Finally got my game working. I added a thing too, a lil egg turret. It has an autocannon on it and I made the truck "amphibious" with a speed of 1.8 m/s which I think is fine. The autocannon doesnt even end up depleting the ammo reserves it refills so cheaply. It's "battle competent" now, or at least it should be. Let me know what you think. Theres no roof roller.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675630560

Wow. I'm wet. I want this kind of shit in /egg/heim. Fuck man thats rad.

Aw this is embarrassing...

No sweat, the changes I made a pretty straightforward; dropped the wheels, made more of the underfloor lead to keep the CoM low (this helps immensely with it not rolling itself when firing upright), and set up a few ACBs for the self-right. Probably don't even need to copy across the last one.

>Captain Chunky

Wow, that takes me back.

Fixed the Spacebutts tank. We really need a good name for them. It shouldnt get stuck now. I added 4 wheels and 2 jets. and a balloon.

Ah, check out what I did with my version, I think you'll like it. I want to know what you think of it. The AI doesnt seem to ever get stuck when I tested it.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675641129

I AM RETARDED BUT YOU ALL KNEW THAT

>captcha: pick the schoolbuses

This is the work of the devil.

>>Weaponizing CLANG
>Stop before it's too late
It is too late already, for the spaceslav clowns have already dabbled in the ways of Clang.

HONK

Also I just wanted to say I'm testing the Notonipono Torpedo Bomber and it honestly I can't find a problem with it. Thank you and good job.

>Dat ricer smokestack
>Dat entire citadel curving upwards to raise the 2nd turret
>Dem not-quite-integrated torpedo bulges

She was too good for this world.

I've stopped playing Space Engineers when they introduced planets.
Is clang still a issue? Does ships still warp and you get random damage in Multiplayer?
Does rotors/pistons still explode when put on moving ship/leaving atmosphere/just because?
Is there any Veeky Forums server up?

>Vickers Hardened armor
It's like you want your shit to break when it gets shot at.

It is time to reclaim the Mountainhomes.

Holy shit dude, i can't wait to carpet bomb that

yes
yes
yes
yes, there is the ZF lemonparty server.

imagine if ftd had actual servers with game modes, racing or whatever, or if there were tank battle maps or something, same goes for mahcinecraft

I like the egg turret. Lost some of its bus shape, though; kinda like a Mk2 upgrade of it. I started working on a Big Rig for another sorta salvaged-y, slightly more capable land vehicle. Might see if this variant can be tweaked to fill some middle ground.

Speaking of egg turrets, did you catch I put up "final" versions?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672205316
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodCRAMArty2.blueprint
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodACAA3.blueprint
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodMissileLas2.blueprint

Not sure if the plant fluff is that these are actual plants, or just structures built to look like plants.

>The AI doesnt seem to ever get stuck when I tested it.
Does for me, alas. Put it into combat mode, spawn another bus or something owned by another factor. They'll drive into range of each-other, then give up moving, like the AI switches to broadside mode and promptly decides there's nowhere deep enough to go. Playing with the broadside sliders doesn't seem to change this much, though. Forcing the throttle up doesn't work entirely either; sometimes they give up steering too and just drive off into oblivion.

Neat. If only the AI stood a chance in hell of navigating that bridge.

(Proper Lua bindings for replacing the awful stock AIs when, Nick.)

And because everything needs a machinge gun variant.
muh dick. All my yes.

I didn't see that you had put up the fully painted versions, no. I have no clue what the fluff is either. They're like eggs that are eyeballs that look like plants? Idfk we'll figure it out later.

Weird, It never gives me any trouble.

Also more than that we need standard helicopter and tank AI. Also at the very least we can do some neat stuff in multiplayer with that bridge.

I've always liked co-op human vs AI with the human side having a handicap vs the AI.

>people using I could care less instead of I couldn't care less
>they don't understand the difference and think they are correct

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm guessing all block limits are going out the window for main bases.

/egg/heim is already starting to look better than neter.

If you keep building things like this, we'll end up going commando to avoid blowing them up

I'll mount an enormous fuckoff automatic ARMOK-tier crane in the middle that'll ferry vehicles too big for the bridge from one end to the other.
[ENGINEERING]

Question for /egg/heim:
I was listening to this while i was building stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=GlU-oBPiOJs&t=757s
And then i thought:
pic related is a fortress, maybe it could belong to a faction. I'd add concealed weaponary and things like that.

So, my question is: Y/N ?

should have weapons in the shape of mario enemies

Piranha CRAMS, the cannon as an advanced cannon, and the bullet bill as a missile launcher?

Made an updated MG variant and a grenade launching variant of the halftrack. With the grenade variant's help, a pack of them can take down a SS tank. Though getting there is like watching demo derby. Seriously these fuckers love to dogpile things and ram the shit out of things.

J-just t-try to keep them under 16k b-blocks...? Do what you must user. That looks too good for me to really limit. Damn.

I can only get so erect!

Do it. A ton of factions still need fortresses (all of them!) so that'd be great user!

Currently at 6644 and starting with detailing. Expected to be at least at twice that by the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQL_5N5nErE

2000 blocks at the moment

I'm open to other suggestions on how to make a tree

thats pretty sexe
just colour it green if you can

>tree doubles as close range energy AA
NEVER trust an elf.

define megaship

do people on the zf serb have a planetary base?

I would love to make a huge landship

I can't paint the trunk though
>tree doubles as close range energy AA
>NEVER trust an elf.

That owl got fed of being woken up

what happens if you get a new respawn ship on spengies server?

I have cleaned my original respawn ship so it won't despawn, but will I lose ownership if I get another? WIll it just revert back to being owned by nobody?

>/cbg/ ded
>/kspg/or/spgg/ ded/shit
>/4xg/ ded
>/dfg/ going ded
Why all good things must die /egg/? Please don't die on me

/egg/ is shit so it will live forever

forever undead

Blame all the retarded weeb-bait VNs getting enough exposure over Steam to get relatively active generals.
Therefore, blame Gaben.

Can confirm

Now just to slather it with paint and copy it to the other side