/aog/ - Attorney Online General

ERP Edition

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10088200
docs.google.com/document/d/1W84HBXgztA53Mq2XCp74r0DFQJT6-VdDcJ_qorw6Pok/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=ePrsAfaDY4A
docs.google.com/forms/d/1NCmK6qJ8Nc9hUkmKZQhgxZLg0x5B4h4n_sycR3dgVxE/viewform
strawpoll.me/10092185/
youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8TteaY0ig
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for shitposting

Second for Furioso_Champ

nth for x

Any fun cases going on, NITEKREW?

Area 3 is fightan games.

Nagito needs more sprites

>playing Nagito in Area 3
>tfw no spiral eye emote

Made a new /v/eekend thread OP image for saturday

I feel that we should have the Soldier as a lawyer, given the fact that he is one in canon according to the comic's lore.

But a vote for it seems fairer. So here's a vote for polling interest:

strawpoll.me/10088200

Well we technically have the sniper. And the engineer somewhere. What the hell why not.

>The REAL canon Greg
But who's gonna make his sprites?

>Names
>Competent enough to be anyone's nemesis

Thinking about you my dear /aog/ makes my heart go bump

GUESS WHAT GUIDE IS BEING MADE NEXT?!?!?!

Bailiff?

That can be next! Who needs a Judge guide anyways?
Also, who looks more crazy/evil/guilty looking, Athena or Ema?

I'm under the impression that discovering this thing right before exams won't be beneficial to me

>no one linking the old thread

So did I get kicked or banned just because I bantz'd as support pro or something??

I havent been able to reconnect for 5 mins.

False alarm, I'm back.

Time to wake up, my dear /aog/
I wonder what kind of cases there'll be
And remember, handsome men and pretty little boys
I always bring duct tape, for all those squeaks and noise

any streams up? I want to see what is this all about before downloading

There is only case right now.
>05:30 PT
>08:30 EDT
>12:30 GMT

:30 EDT
that's 2:30 AM where I live
rip

These are the most prolific streamers I'm aware of
wwwdottwitchdottv/
lawfuldickish
capt_faris
guardlytheguard
acowboynamedsue

Now for some reason Sue doesn't keep past broadcasts, I'm not too sure, which is a shame.

I've never heard of dottwitch before, huh.

www twitch tv
(Replace spaces with dots)

You are just devoid of humor, you'd make an excellent judge.

Sue here
Not going to lie, I am not sure how to show previous broadcast like other streamers do. I have all the previous broadcasts kept though, so if I need to 're-stream' those and do whatever it is I need to do to keep them available I will.
If someone would like to spoonfeed me on how to, that would be appreciated.

I just spent an hour or two writing up a thing about how the client works, specifically why and how ini-swapping works.

This is mostly intended for people who want to contribute or just know the inner workings a bit more.

Feel free to give feedback, link here:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W84HBXgztA53Mq2XCp74r0DFQJT6-VdDcJ_qorw6Pok/edit?usp=sharing

I suggest people read this, it also explains why the megafolders are a terrible idea.

Any tips for a newfag who has never witnessed before? Besides what it says in the guides I mean

Make your contradiction matter. Don't restate what the court already knows. If you're newer, then you can try asking other witnesses to join a piratepad.

As the first user said. First witness is easiest but please consider the other witness. I also do not recommend directly watching the murder, either directly before or after it unless you plan on being the BBEG, or if you want to have witnessed the murder then make sure its in a way that leaves some wiggle room. Like, maybe you saw it from a distance or perhaps you were witnessing it in an indirect way.

Actually, I think I just figured it out. Christ on a stick I am retarded sorry
Not at the computer right now, but can someone in the knowing tell me if I can upload previous broadcast or not?

Faris here, and about past broadcasts, unless you had the option enabled to allow them to stick around I don't think there's any way to recover past streams unless they were highlighted or uploaded somewhere else.

>page 9/10

Lain Lawyer sprites when?

>Lain
>Lawyer
She's a qt witness.

Fresh doc in area 3, everything open besides leads and det

Because of my LIMITED SPRITE SKILLS I was unable to animate some of the sprites his pack came with. To give him lipflap I just took his mouth from other animations and used them in one. Some emotes I couldn't turn at an angle in gimp to match his head tilt and they looked bad.

His spiral eyes emote was there, but it was a static image, so I removed it. That's probably the only one I can actually animate myself.

So, sorry, if you want more sprites, you'll have to do it yourself or get someone to.

Working on a way to try and get his objection cut in in.

>"Really? Going through EVERY piece of evidence and posting every relevant testimony IC?"

You don't have to, you merely point out the most important parts. Do you think it was absolutely impossible to have a team without piratepad before?

It usually winds up with only the leads talking, while the co and support do nothing but sit in pad and give everything they'd normally say. Boring to play, boring to spectate, no immersion.

Only witnesses should use piratepad, and even still it's only optional.

>with only the leads talking, while the co and support do nothing but sit in pad

Really? The way I've seen it my bench mostly just posts contradictions and notes they find in the pad while still asking questions and commenting. I've found it useful when I'm looking for something to boost a theory and see something my bench wrote in the pad that helps me.

Yes, because i've played in cases that used piratepad multiple times.

Then is that not a problem with the bench itself, and not with piratepad?

Yeah and communism is a fault of the people that it never works.

Any time I would need a pad for anything not IC I can just /pm a few sentences and proceed as normal.

Not him but, I can see how piratepad gets boring for others when used too much. However the chatbox is something I really like for when you want to send a message and [this ain't cutting it]

I see. I guess it's different for me, I've played some cases with a pad as a co, and I've never acted that different to one where there wasn't a pad, nor did the support.

Personally, I find it very useful, but I can see why'd you see differently.

Pro slots still open in area 3
Case is all built

Athena. I didn't realise it was supposed to be sarcastic in the previous one, and not just a joke about the defense having no actual arguments.

Give him two cut-ins

One normal and cheerful, another with spiral eyes

This is not Reddit, it's almost impossible to get banned here, and if you do get banned you will be unbanned after two days

On the other hand it's also almost impossible to destroy trials because you will get muted and kicked pretty quickly

I can't seem to find the Veeky Forums server, is anyone else having this problem?

By cut in I meant one of these

youtube.com/watch?v=ePrsAfaDY4A

I was hoping to be able to find it in the game's files and just resize it.

We changed master servers

Check the FAQ to see how to add the server to your favorites list or move to the new master server by following the instructions you see at the chat when you enter the game, either will work (but following the FAQ will be easier)

Master server changed, update it accordingly by putting in the ip in the masterserver file.

Alternatively just put it in your favorites file and access it from that tab.

Thanks guys, it's working now.

Anyone building?

Every room is dead except area 3 which has a case underway

docs.google.com/forms/d/1NCmK6qJ8Nc9hUkmKZQhgxZLg0x5B4h4n_sycR3dgVxE/viewform

Reposting the character select poll for this thread. Do you think the CSS should be switched around? Do you approve of having OCs and non-AA on the character select? Let your voice be heard.

>LUPA FUCKING HIDING QUALITY CHARACTERS

LUUUUUUUUUUUUPA

>Area 3

where are these from?
they look good

I think they're fan made AAI sprites

LUPA HAD THEM
THE MADMAN

just add them to the suggestion doc then

strawpoll.me/10092185/
Vote for AAI Child Edgeworth and AAI Phoenix.

>AAI Phoenix
yes
>Child Edgeworth
just fuck my shit up, please no.

I think it would be neat.
To see Kid Edgeworth, Kid Fran, and Kid Kay on the same team.

>please no
Why?
I think it looks good.

Reminder that Lupa has loads of shit from other servers so you should beg him for characters.

Get in area 4 we need judge, first wit and docfag (steno)

Your joke was terrible

UPDATE WHEN LUPA?!?!?

Probably tomorrow morning

Can we get this song on the jukebox? It's one of the most comfy AA tunes ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8TteaY0ig

Has someone uploaded Hologram Holocaust yet.

How is Umineko Online coming along.

>download one of faris's case streams that is 7 hours
>600mb
>download one of guardly's case streams that is 7 hours
>10gb

i don't understand twitch

I've nearly got all the files together Lupa, I'll start uploading the full game soon.

Why'd you download those

Bitrate?

i download some cases to my HDD so i can rewatch them in the event twitch deletes past broadcasts

>tfw Five Star Turnabout was never put in the highlights section
>by the time I thought to download it, it was removed from Guardly's playlist of broadcasts
Crap.

Which server is ours?

Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

I like that last paragraph. I'm glad it's been established that just getting the defendant off the hook isn't enough if the case goes unsolved.

That's not on the list, can I get the IP somewhere?

Nevermind, got it

Look at favourites, it should be on there, unless you haven't updated the masterserver

Add it to the suggestions doc in the OP and it might get added next update.
I know I'd want it in. It's funky.

>page 10

help

What's wrong, user?

>because I bantz'd as support pro
You should get banned for that.

Nothing, just bumping the thread.