/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Shores Edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcO02WuqFpM
youtube.com/watch?v=IXVJhJ_Ys2c
youtube.com/watch?v=-SGtIdl8Exc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tfw want to switch to wizard or ninja from sorc but dont want to drop from leaderboards.

Semi-accurate
If you have a horse with 3 white and another with 3 red, you can get an offspring with 3 white / 3 red / 3 black, or 3 white / 3 black or 3 red / 3 black

>Young Cucks back in pastebin
Let in baka too faggot.

I don't care about leaderboards but yeah, as I begin to explore other playstyles I find myself depressed by the fact that the character I have huge life skills on would have crippled energy regeneration if I don't play them as my main and basically massively hinder any progress I could make.

there's a korean cash item (haven't checked NA) that lets you transfer lifeskills to different characters

Yeh, gear is easy to swap around but that's it sadly.

Holy shit, So there's hope. Was wondering why there isn't shit like this ingame yet, I hope it gets to NA/EU.

Do you call it Young Cucks as a reference to pic related or what's up with that?

Still waiting for the Loyalties item that lets you turn a piece of armor into a costume piece and the loyalties item to extract crystals without breaking the item... aaaaand.... preeetty much the entirety of the quality of life stuff and better dye system.

But hey, we got autolooping.

>loyalties item to extract crystals without breaking the item...
Funny how they somehow "Forgot" to add it..

>tfw had to rip couple times and pop tears when i wanted to sell my yuria

Don't look

>YC = baka
'mkay

>tfw been level 20~26 for almost a month
God there's just so much to do in this game. I'm popping adderal and just get all the monies with investments and trading it's fuckig great. I should be doing calculus homework but I can't stop. Most addictive MMO I've ever played and I'm playing completely alone.

ALEKSY YOUR CHARACTER LOOKS SO WEIRD

How much money you got?

I don't believe you.

I went crazy on lifeskills too and especially trading and fishing give you so much XP you should easily be past 30.

So I bought the conquers package pre release by a month. I haven't played it though because they still haven't added territorial warfare or node wars. Is there any release window for it? I'm waiting for that to be added before I start playing.

Ive noticed player like him in guild I am in
level 17 month ago
lv20s today on various alts
I think hes a fishing bot

Where's the node manager for Castle Ruins? I can't get the place discovered or find the manager.

Just spit out the cum already, holy fuck.

And I just found him when I quit searching and ran out into the forest.

Wouldn't that be rude.

Not if you smile after you do it.

Hey there.

Are you stupid? Serious question. Why would you want to play PVP without any gear?

I hope they figure out how to add things without destroying something else

I don't know I know the game has a lot of sketchy shit going on and how it's now catering more toward PvE as opposed to it's vision of PvP, especially with its history on the Russian and Korean servers. I figured it'd be best to wait for them to actually add the feature prior to investing a fuck ton of time.

Why can't those daumn retards add buy orders already fucking shit fuck it's impossible to buy AP gems without script.

What sketchy shit? Catering more toward PvE? What are you talking about?

tfw nobody in the arena

>ERP Ghilliefag sorc.
Ewwwwwwwwww.

its good for gathering though.. and I like the helmet with this coat

tfw niggers wear P2W costumes and wonders why nobody wants to play with them

Just buy my 15mil AP gem instead

so your plan is to wait until everyone outgears you, and then fight them?

But i need two, what do i do with my essences then?

>golem summoning stone
Is this a raid boss?

Oh hey, user.
Me? I just failed to enhance my Yuria from +11 to +12 after using 16 black stones.

Why didn't you force it?

>those thighs
Why am I thinking of chicken drumsticks?

Because you're a filthy nigger.

>forcing
>ever
LMAO

Why didnt you just save for +15

It's 17 now.
A-At least I've got a +17 fail stack and a kickass title, r-right?

Saw you again.

:3

Hey theres Dye tab on marketplace
how come its empty?

You got stack for accessories now, Why can't new players understand this? Believe it or not but people actually WANT that stack and would pay for it. Make alt now and start enchanting again.

Not allowed.

this game is already too much for me

The failstack thing is pretty hard to understand especially if you have no accessories to enhance and just the gear you want to level so you can beat the next whatever in the next area.

sure i'll just buy a handful of marks, because I have that money, and fail some more.

I just want a better weapon so I can grind faster, user.

does anyone have a guest pass?

Post Maehwa's (or plums, as I like to call them)

I've got a +18 failstack now.

Wat do

What I usually do is throw stones at them until my failstacks equal that of forcing the item, and then I force the item and use the failstacks on the next enchant and repeat the process

Save anything about ~20 for accessories or liverto

Get more

Oh shut up retard, Just keep playing like you do and keep asking yourself why you are poor.

I think yurias are pretty cheap now you could just buy from market?

why is fog so comfy?

Whoa, what're the chances

I don't ask why I'm poor. I'm poor because I don't play the game all the time / do the best money-making activities.

So I'll get rich by wasting money on failed enchants, and when I get one, I use it for slight gear improvements instead of selling it? It's just crazy enough to work!

It's not like I won't use failstacks when I'm ready to make accessories. But I'm working on my first weapon.

processing has flax for best exp, what to make for fast alchemy exp?

Yeah, I give up on enhancing.
Prob selling my +11 Yuria and grind some money so I can buy +15.

Whats a memory fragment?
It says it can restore max durability, doss that mean I can restore my 60/60 to 100/100 with 1 one them?

They restore 1/100 max durability.

I knew it was too good to be true.

it literally says what it does on the description

Someone put affordable destruction alchemy stone on market and it isnt selling after 15 minutes
did people already get their stones or just forget about them?

It says it restores max durability and reawakening skill by one.
I read it out of context.

People aren't sure about the prices, it takes time to learn about alchemy and leveling that and making the gems and shit, also it won't be worth it till you have pretty decent gear.

What are alchemy stones?

>Guy tells me Chase CD is 4 seconds on KR, Tiger Blade isn't supposed to apply bonuses, and HP leech on hit isn't supposed to apply either
Can anyone give me some source that shows these actually work on KR and that the CD is 2 seconds? Because I heard these are all things that are supposed to be broken.

>Gather 15 Wild Grass
I'm starting to understand why there's never any in AH. On the positive side I was having trouble spending my energy before I go to sleep.

That's a nice character

it's from a template.

That's William Regal.

Nigga the class is so bugged right now & different from KR, its like they took an old awakening balancing test patch and slapped it on EU/US without testing it

>AP/DP scaling all over the place, my skills(as a plum) hit almost twice as hard on a blader compared to a sorc at the same DP/level
>Dash 5sec cd, even on plum, who hasn't had dash nerfed yet on KR
>Charged Stub Arrow doesn't knockdown, but knockback
>Blooming Phantom also drains WP of the as a plum (intended? don't know; bad localization?)
>Retaliation sometimes just doesn't active when attacked
>Carver: Typhoon only hits once, not 5 times
>Chase II doesn't work with animation cancelling, causing you to not upgrade a core skill
>Can't animationcancel backdash
>Blader Rising Storm knocks back outside of the hit range of Rising Storm, causing it to lose a massive amount of dmg

Please post some form of proof or a source. I want to show this faggot up.

Sorry man I should've made webms/video's for bug reporting but I just cba since the people @ daum europe won't look at them anyway, it'll prob. take a couple of months for them to fix the class

(Berserker for example, took them a whole month to get a minor damage buff on whirlwind)

I also forgot:

>Getting stunned during dash teleports you back to your dash starting position (since no iframes)
>Dashing off a slightly angled hill/stairs causes you to fall into the falling animation lock, effectively stunning you for ~2 seconds
>Sometimes dashing gets stuck on terrain causing you to dash forward, but teleport back to the dash start location. if you hold dash during that time you will just keep teleporting back(happens @ sausans quite a lot)

I have a Tamer and a Plum and when I look at the plum I at least see how the pieces come together and form a solid whole that can achieve something.

When I look at Tamer I just shrug because I seriously don't see any sort of sensical whole.

Can you at least jump on KR and screen shot your Chase cooldown?

why do people's videos of this game look so much better than my actual game? it just looks a lot smoother in the videos

So I recently learned about alchemy stones and looked up how to make them in the OP guide. One thing's confusing though, since it says:
>WARNING REQUIRES ALCHEMY LEVEL ABOVE: EXPERIENCED LVL1

There's no "experienced" rank for life skills, is this supposed to be professional or master?

Tamer:
>dash in
>grab
>void lightning
>run away
that's the only way i can make it work, surging tide is also really useful if you manage to stun the enemy, plum is way easier because you have ranged stuns, the damage feels a lot worse than tamer though even though on paper it should be way better.

Well I think the tamer has a lot going for it as well, with baiting and juggling evasive movement, pet skills & burst, but the entire thing about the plum class is combo's.

with +5 AS and 10% buff from skill awakening you can effectively lock someone down for the entirety of ~5-6 skills

the Z 100% black spirit buff is quite good as well (25% attackspeed for 60sec), so you can use these combo's even if you lack the crystals/skill awakening

Opener:
(Charged)Stub Arrow(knockdown/stiffness)/CycloneSlash(Floating) > DashCancel Blooming or DashCancel Decap(Stun) > Backdash Cancel Dragon Fang (Stiffness, behind Opponent for back attacks)

Finisher:
> skip Backdash Cancel Dragon Fang and go straight for red moon

> Finish Lunar slash, disengage

> if blooming, Blind thrust(stiffness) > Backstep Slash > Decap > Red Moon

> Blind Thrust > nemesis for healing

> if decap, Blooming > Red Moon

I have no idea why I wrote this, hopefully helpful to someone

I'll see if I can get you some proof manno, but just ask any of the bladers/plums in the arena's and they'll tell you its fucked

Let me rephrase. I know that it's busted to all fuck, I just want proof to show up some faggot that thinks he's right about everything having to do with KR Blader/Plum and saying that they're in the exact same state as KR servers.

I remember fighting CC resistant/immune enemies in PvE, like trolls, and as Tamer it is just the most miserable time in the world.

For all their ability to combo literally everything into everything else the problem is that far too many of those skills just aren't terribly effective, so you really only care about liek 2 and the whole combo bouncing falls apart.

Biggest screwjob IMO though is the long or elaborate animations on a lot of things that provide no guard state, so you just get decimated while channeling.

So does this game actually have a black desert?

Trolls are scary. They're strong as tanks, big as fuck, and nothing stops them.

He is right about the chase nerf though, it HAS been nerfed to a 5 sec dash, but ONLY for Blader because of the awakening, the plum is untouched

The blader gets big range on his awakening so he can dance more effectively around his opponents with several superarmor/iframe skills

Its just weird that we already got the nerfs on plum as well, since they don't have their awakening yet, this means that any and all survivability went out of the window because with the awakenings you won't only rely on dashes

Then what about all the other shit? He's pretty much using that one thing as leverage for everything else.

There is a desert with black people in it

It's called Black Desert because the Black Power that caused the Black Death came from the Desert and killed like a solid chunk of the worlds population (>50% IIRC).

Also apparently we are in the Black Desert Army and theres some other dudes that call themselves Red Desert Army for some reason.

The major themes of the game is the Black Power & Alchemy.

Pvp footage of a plum in a valencia patch, KR footage
youtube.com/watch?v=VcO02WuqFpM

Loken from Grind Jordine EU (RU footage), quit playing his blader cus its fucked up, or so I heard
youtube.com/watch?v=IXVJhJ_Ys2c

RU as well footage as well
youtube.com/watch?v=-SGtIdl8Exc

You can see none of these trigger their dash cooldowns