Fresh Bread Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228462-remain-in-motion#t1:description
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for already falling off the board

well I guess we're fresh bread general from now on.

post your crumb, bitches

>Fresh bread thread
Finally, our time has come.
Arise our yeasty connoisseurs

i change my mind, this is shit

why are there two copies of the fucking quest book
does it really think giving me a machine to make lava is better than just giving me a bucket of lava?

how about this
what's a good casual magic modpack with a clear set of goals to work toward, that ISNT a skyblock

>does it really think giving me a machine to make lava is better than just giving me a bucket of lava?

are you fucking serious

idk man i'm just tired of skyblocks

>caving
>sudden explosion of flames
>slowed, weakened, and one other status inflicted till I get out of the flames
>no mobs visible, nor on my minimap
>worriedlaughter.jpg

Also can I get some suggestions for wall and ceiling materials for my circle magic room?

What is better, one bucket of lava or infinite lava?

Leaves in the ceiling always and forever

when i'm making a fucking cobblestone generator for the nth fucking time, and i fuck up and make obsidian and have to start over, it doesn't really matter does it

I normally recommend regrowth when people ask for hqms, but that's basically a skyblock on the ground. A lot of people say blightfall is good. Mage quest is ok but it's dead and feels unfinished.

>walls
wavey pattern of sliverwood on a greatwood base
>ceiling
runic stone

always have the lava source block one higher than the water source block

that will prevent you from ever making obsidian again

oh
hm
i see

any ideas why my game has this grid pattern everywhere? i've got forge, fastcraft, biomes o plenty, RTG, CC, and mo'creatures installed

you pressed "super secret settings" i think
it adds a random shader overlay

nice and simple solution, thanks!

Here it is.
1/4
I got a video of me building it from start to finish, I just have to edit the footage together. I did a 17X17 scale and I think it's around twelve blocks high, or ten.

2/4
I was prepared to take a lot of sand until I realized how easier it'd be to section off parts to drain. Again, all of this was recorded.

is there a mod that shows the enchentability of... anything you can enchant (especially modded stuff)?

Yes
I do not know the name, but I know that it exists

QUICK

Mods now have perfect automatic compatibility with eachother, what mods do you start using to have fun again?

I took about 792 (Yes I kept count) blocks of sand. Ended up altering certain parts of my world for the worse. Carpet sucks. I was gonna pad out the bottom with the wool itself but that would have been more time consuming.

well at the very least that's motivating

4/4
I may put more bookshelves here for decoration, and I initially stuck with stone, but went with Netherbrick. I should have made it bigger, or deeper. Making a floating island will really consume time and resources.

Enchant Plus? Enchant View?

have an image

I've found dozens of villages in this world and this one is definitely my favourite, the placement is just perfect.

literally all of them

nope

ded

10/10 spawn

waila has one, where you press i (by default) over an item and it shows you enchantability as well as possible enchants you can put on that item

what is that book in the third slot

it's a blood magic addon. sanguimancy i believe

What are your must have non content mods?
For me it's
>nei
>waila
>torch tools
>applecore
>endercore for right click harvest
>some sort of backup mod
>status effect hud
>autounify
>better boats
>crafting tweaks
>ding
>fast leave decay

>endercore for right click harvest
I installed Greenthumb for that. Endercore does that by itself?

Yup

I've got some similar hits on my list too
>nei/waila
>endercore--probably for r-click harvest
>treecapitator
>startinginventory
>Inpurecore

i've got some new things on my list now
>HelperTools
>Catwalk
>iBench adds tiny bit of content. a mobile crafting thing. but its shift-click capable so whatever.
>minetweaker/modtweaker I never used to use them, but since trainserb I'm using them a lot.
>tcinventoryscan.

and others, but I think most people will wind up using a similar set of creature comfort mods, with some differences per person etc

>page ten

>download terrafirmapunk
>little shellfish think pinches me in the back
>some named zombie with a sword 2 shots me

>[You have _ lives remaining]
yeah nah

anyone have any fun 1.7.10 modpacks they're willing to share?

Ayy, what mod is it that adds elevators? Not a magical teleporting block, but like actual moving elevator platforms you can build?

It's driving me nuts having to build staircases in my growing factory, I want to use lifts to get up and down.

Pneumaticraft has something like that, I know that much.

redstone in motion or remain in motion, one of the two, adds carriages that move blocks around, like redpower I think?
anyway, does cool shit, like elevators and doors really well. AND, you can stand on those moving platforms without experiencing weird clipping shit

Noice.
This 'in motion' mod sounds pretty neat, looking that one up.

>Mfw p2w servers are getting blacklisted
They should have seen it coming, can't just live off the funds from thousands of children's parents.
This will be one extraordinary ride, faggots. Hope you're ready to sail on the sea of children's tears

The best part is that they're not limiting it to vanilla. Take THAT, server owner who told the AE dev to kill himself when confronted over the fact that modded items were locked behind a paywall!

Found it by the way.
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228462-remain-in-motion#t1:description

Does anyone know if highlands fucks with mariculture world gen? I've been searching for an hour and haven't seen a single block of limestone.

I know it screws with certain modded biomes and creature spawning. Actually, yeah, I think it does, now that I think of it. I don't remember seeing any Mariculture limestone when I was using Highlands.

>modded items were locked behind a paywall
>How to spot a jew 101

A year or so ago, I decided to research which servers sell BuildCraft items. After browsing through two or so, I found one where the owner sold BuildCraft pipes while at the same time admitting in another thread that he thinks they're horrible and useless.

Pointing that out was enough to solve the problem. He did admit, however, that nobody bought any BuildCraft items.

are there ANY good mod packs out there, i'm not autistic enough to spend a week tinkering with a java game

My favorite pack is git gud fggt

i enjoy mine, not sure it's for everyone though. most people seem to demand thermal expansion or at least one high tech mod, but i don't have one.

There's no one good modpack. Even if you don't want to spend a week, you need to have an idea of what interests you. So, what do you seek, user?

Seriously though it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to build a pack. Tell us what you're looking for and we'll recommend you some mods.

It depends on how well-made you want your pack to be, especially with larger mod sets - though diminishing returns are a thing.

ok then.

lets start then, what about mods for a super hostile-type map that adds mobs/weapons but requires only vanilla materials?

>mobs
Grimiore of gaia is really brutal, but it's also monstergirl weebshit. Primitive mobs is good, might want to disable the new creeper types if you dislike creeper holes all over the place.
>weapons with vanilla materials
Not much to choose from, balkans weapon mod is decent.

You might want runic/rogulike/doomlike dungeons for dungeons to fight and loot in.

sounds decent.

i remember there being a mod that let you use shields & elemental arrows in combat, would you have any idea what it is?

Mine and blade I think. Haven't used it but people here say good things about it.

time to check this shit out.

also, are there still different versions of mods for single player/multiplayer or did they get rid of that.

sorry i haven't played since beta 1.8.1

quiverbow's nice. quivermob...well eeeh.i suppose if you enjoy losing everything to skeletons repeatedly.

If you want to create a super hostile map, Father Toast's mods are nice vanilla-feeling expansions in that direction. If you want more weapons out of vanilla materials, I highly recommend QuiverBow (and QuiverMob to add mobs which rarely spawn with them).

Nope, there is only one version now. I wrote up a barebones "how to install mods" in the last thread if you need some guidance.

i assume the game version with the most mods is 1.7.10 right?

i heard it has some pretty bad lag issues

It has the most mods and runs better than the more recent versions. Hell of a lot more stable, too.

welp, i've got no excuses to not try it again.

thanks user.

bump

can someone repost that "perfect circles" chart/guide please ?

not the one i had in mind, but thanks

This one?

And just to complete the collection...

these ones
thanks user
now i can start planning for my wizard's tower

Sauce me up m8, this has potential

What're you guys "must-have" 1.7.10 mods?

Installed Spice of Life because I have all this great food but no incentive to use anything but pork chops. Is Hunger Overhaul fun? Seems pretty punishing to make a cooked steak only fill 2 shanks.

Chisel, Thaumcraft, AromaBackup, Iron Chests and Storage Drawers.

>have exact same pictures in my MC resources folder
>check saved date
>September 2010

>a lot of us have been playing this game for six years

You can (and should) config it.

Default HO is bullshit.

I hope the ride is as wild as it was when Mojang changed the TOS.

>Mojang adds teeth to a policy that's been in place for years
>children scream all over again
>they ask Notch for his opinion and he's just laughing his ass off because their reactions to EULA issues is why he left in the first place

This community is more entertaining than TV.

>P2W server owners: MOJANG IS BEING MEANY-PANTS! NOTCH, HELP US!
>Notch: lolno (proceeds to shitpost on Twitter)

Any of you play a cool modded servers?

>p2w servers are crying and asking mojang for more time
TWENTY
W
E
N
T
Y

MONTHS
O
N
T
H
S

no, we dont play minecraft here

oh, sorry to ask then

>>they ask Notch for his opinion and he's just laughing his ass off because their reactions to EULA issues is why he left in the first place
Truly wonderful.

>posting a screencap that isnt yours
I'm honored.

SCREENS
C
R
E
E
N
S

>Machinist's Workbench
How did they manage to make this block GOAT in one update? It's better than that thing from Forestry and much better than project tables and lookalikes now.

What did they do to it besides add storage space and schematic slots? I tried it and still can't pipe items into it.