/twg/ - Total War General

Grimgor da best edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

Other urls found in this thread:

mangasee.co/manga/?series=Historie
mangasee.co/manga/?series=AdAstraScipioToHannibal
mangasee.co/manga/?series=OokamiNoKuchiWolfsmund
mangasee.co/manga/?series=GunkaNoBaltzar
mangasee.co/manga/?series=VinlandSaga
mangasee.co/manga/?series=Vagabond
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?272653-Moderation-Commentary-Thread&p=14943317&viewfull=1#post14943317
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wake up
>still no BotET

Fuck that "this week" user.

Stats

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

I have seen the end of threads and posts from now shitposters will say...

Here began the fall of /twg/

nth for best elves still not announced

Fuck stats.

Fuck armour
Fuck leadership
fuck speed
fuck melee attack
fuck melee defence
fuck weapon strength
fuck charge bonus

fuck you

More stats

>3 weeks, 2 days and 16 hours

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING he'd better not put tax on our memes!

ALL ROADS LEAD TO SKAVENBLIGHT!

more

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

STOP IT user!

TIME WILL MOVE SLOWLY IF YOU FOCUS ON IT.

Think of it like this. 4 more episodes of GoT to go.

Fuck this looks like a pile of shit.

Not this week actually but Tomorrow

Why is there a nazi in the game

why?

Why? Whats wrong with it?
To be fair that user said it was a rumour. Based off the creators post on the 19th April about the game being done and just polishing it up for first version release. I too believed it would have been this week.

It's probably next week...probably.

Was Charlemagne a good boy?

cuz vampires mang idk famlam I just like stats and predictions

Stop feeding me your lies. I'm still full from last week. Please feed me some truth.

For Hearth Guards.

Because it's not even based in reality.
And I get that it's fantasy, but there's not a difference between units anymore. No shock infantry, no defensive line, no reason to have any different army compositions or tailoring your armies to different enemies. It's just "throw units at things" Generals seem like they will be the deciding factor in every battle, which is just ducking ridiculous when you're working with large armies.
Pointless.
Every stat is cookiecutter.
And this comes from someone who was excited.

>not based in reality
nor is Total War but game mechanics are what counts in the end

>skull in the ground

How is the variation in stats in Attila?

Well, you're wrong already because even though it's some and not all, certain units, their place on the battlefield and how they were used in combat is similar in total war to the ways they were used in reality.
Secondly, cookiecutter units in an rts is not good game mechanics.

He shed the blood of Saxon men.

>no difference between units
>significant differences in key stats
>units have specific bonuses such as being aoe, vs. Large, vs. Small, Ethereal, armor piercing.

>no shock infrantry
>no defensive line

Both of those are in that picture you idiot, or do you really need it to be spelled out literally for you?

About the same, but with far less units that are outliers.

He was best boy

Sure mang heavy inftantry and cav will be used simiarly fag. I'm sure if rome had Empire units they would be used similarly.

What are the cookiecutter units? Swords and spears have different roles. Greats are in a diffrerent tier. Whats up mang?

Is twg the least lewd general in vg?

Press F to pay respects

F

>miss a spell to divert Archaon

I understand why this is the way it is, but I hate this opening position.

I already have to deal with fucking Illyrians trying to goose me in the south and these guys are just hanging out.

What are you taking about?
Here's a hypothetical. You're playing as the empire:
>War with the Dorfs
>They don't have any large units
>Build army of greatswords and swordmen (Anti inf)
>They don't have any cav, all units are slow
>Harass them with your ranged cav
>Bring great cannons to knock out their arty

>War with chaos
>They have a good variety of well armored infantry, amazing cav, and large units
>Have a mix of halberds and greatswords
>Use mortars/hellblasters do deal with their superior armor
>Use demigriffons to over power their cav/dragon ogres

>War with vampires
>Have no ranged, forced to attack you everytime
>Bring ranged inf en masse to take advantage of their slow movement speed
>Use knights to hammer and anvil the shit out of them, causing them to crumble
>Keep halberds in reserve to deal with monstrous creatures, both flying and not
>Use hellstrorms and mortars for splash damage

>War with Orcs
>They have a wide variety of weak spammy inf, quality inf, and monstrous creatures
>Bring an army based on what you'll anticipate they have
>Similar to vamps, but with ranged, worse cav (I think), and worse flying
>Greatsword and swordsmen best bet
>Halberds needed late game
>Artillery should be based on what ever the enemy has, use spies

This is going to be the most varied Total War yet, famalam

Who cares, Warhammer is coming out jn literally less than a month

They have different roles of you truly try to use them differently. Their stats are similar, so you could effectively use them in any role at any time. I should have guessed, what with the tiny unit rosters, but I held out hope.

Well, 70% of other generals' OPs are the SFW versions of their game's fan art. Ours are historical paintings and screenshots and traditional eastern architecture.

I'd say yes.

What happened yo the historical manga list?

The point is that the army of greatswords you pointed out could be your only army comp that you ever use. They have no major difference in stats than anything else.

Just preordered TW warhammer,

anyone else excited for the release?

I am literally grinding my teeth.

>use an amry of only greatswords
>get rekt when the enemy has a handful of cav or monstrous units

look at all does units do something different homie. eMpire got some expendable stiff, some expendables good against big stuff, and high tier shit

>Halberdiers
>Anti-large
>Greatswords
>Anti infantry
No, user.

That's a terrible point, the stats are now behind the armour piercing, strong defence vs large, strong attack vs large, etc.

What you would have as a number is now under a trait, it's literally the same as before only more varied because of the other units that are not humanoids and magic, also effects like etheral,magic and fire melee attack etc.

You are trying to make it look the same, it's not working, in fact it's the complete opposite and we haven't even seen all the effects yet.

We've literally seen a unit of greatswords take out a unit of cavalry by itself in the Amulet video.

3 weeks, 2 days and 16 hours

damn, i preordered on steam, just saw the high king edition, wonder if it is possible to refund and get that edition instead...

Is this your first Total War game? Those raw stats never include the bonuses they get against specific units. That is what the upper half of the stat box is for, to tell you about those bonuses. Spears have always done more damage to cavalry, but they didn't have high stats than a standard swordsman.

I want Tomb Kings, goddammit. Vampire Lords are pussy undead.

Could be operating on the zweihander meme. Or a heavy infantry/light cav situation.

> dead we wuz kangz

Nah, VC is better

They are a good unit that can put up a good fight against most things, but they will be painfully expensive. Sure, throw your GS against cav. It'll be a waste considering that spearmen could get the job done and are much cheaper.

In FotS, I could make a full stack of armstronk guns. I'd win every battle, but I'd have like one or two armies. Balance is more economical and generally more effective.

Wait, Archaon is a caster?

I was hoping to use him as a walking tank raping in melee.

Thinking of getting the High King edition for TW warhammer, views, worth?

This.

Rome 2 had the oathsworn meme. They stood up fantastically against cav.

He's a caster and a melee expert, so he can do both.

I dunno desu, if you're a big fan I guess

Big fan of warhammer, and fantasy more than anything really getting into age of Sigmar at the moment, but not played any of the other total wars

Yeah but how does he fare in melee against say, Ungrim?

Eh, probably pretty well. His stats look really good.

Mmh I hope so, I was planning on playing him first

>tfw eceryone will play Heinrich becauze no one likes Mannfred

150 bucks for some plastic chaff and a few books? I mean, what's your dollar/brain cell ratio?

I'm really excited for Total War: Warhammer

I've played the tabletop game for years and after they decided to retcon the setting, this taking place in the old one is excellent,

Problem is I've never play a Total War game. Which one should I play to get a better understanding of the series' mechanics?

Archaon will be a great duelist. If you really wanted to he is a fire lore wizard if you wanted to focus on that.

Shogun 2 is the easiest o grasp TW concepts

This game will be the most similar to games from Shogun 2 onwards, so I suggest you play those.

well i am a student... so its a matter of the governments money, its more i can manage my money well enough as to not need support from family, not need a job and can treat myself every now and then, i am on the fence about it as the only other game i have ever pre ordered turned out to be the worst game i think i have ever played, kinda put me off pre ordering games since

Nobunaga fresh outta puberty and already saving daddy.

Very few of these extravagant collectors' editions have been any good, especially as of late. I came this close to buying the Fallout 4 CE and whataya know, the game and the CE were both shit. I dodged a bullet with that one.

I'm exited for this game too, but don't get coaxed into buying toys. We don't even know if it's good yet. The only reason I would ever buy a CE is if I wanted to try and turn a profit by selling it later.

Shogun 2 then later on if theres time before Warhammer comes out, try out Attila

Thats the thing only 5k of them are being made

Its rarity increases its value, not quality.

Want to sell it, then it may be a good investment.

Want to keep it, I suppose it's your money.

Puberty was already old at the time, the guy who took constantinople was like 20

T-those are some pretty big unit sizes

>The powerful Rhinox (or Rhinoxen) is a large fur-covered creature similar to a woolly rhinoceros, used as a beast of burden by Ogres. Gnoblars construct crude war machines drawn by these beasts and Ogres sometimes use them as mounts.

>Like a horned mountain with legs, the Rhinox is a foul-tempered, enormous beast that can wreak havoc when roused. Under the control of their Ogre masters, their focused fury can be twice as devastating. A charging Rhinox rumbles like thunder, and its hooves churn the earth like an earthquake. It takes a brave man to stand against the charge of Rhinox cavalry.

BotET are starting to put daily screenshots to tease you

"List of historical manga for your TW needs UPDATED:
>Historie
mangasee.co/manga/?series=Historie
The story of a strategist at the service of King Phillip of Macedon, uses both legends and historical facts for its story.
Mediocre art, mediocre combat, accurate battles.
>Ad Astra - Scipio to Hannibal
mangasee.co/manga/?series=AdAstraScipioToHannibal
The second Punic war, despite what you might think it's surprisingly historically accurate, even the parts where Hannibal is depicted as something of a child prodigy are based on quotes from ancient authors, which of course might have been making shit up.
Good art, mediocre combat, accurate battles.
>Wolfsmund
mangasee.co/manga/?series=OokamiNoKuchiWolfsmund
14th century Switzerland, the story of the Swiss Cantons rising up agains the Austrian Holy Roman Empire under the Haupsburgs and gaining their independence.
Decent art, accurate combat, inaccurate battles.
>Gunka no Baltzar
mangasee.co/manga/?series=GunkaNoBaltzar
TOTALLY NOT PRUSSIA NOT FIGHTING TOTALLY NOT AUSTRIA OVER BAVARIA
Good art, accurate combat, inaccurate* (simply because it's an alternate world setting and these battles didn't take place like this) battles.
>Vinland Saga
mangasee.co/manga/?series=VinlandSaga
11th century Vikings, the invasion of England by King Canute, the story of Thorfinn and the discovery of Vinland/Greenland/North east america, SPOILERS
Great art, inaccurate combat, accurate battles
>Bonus: Vagabond
mangasee.co/manga/?series=Vagabond
The story of Miyamoto Musashi considered one of the greatest swordsmen to have ever lived, has no real large scale battles but lots of duels, the story is pretty accurate except for a couple incidents where historians are not sure if really happened or not, anyway this is the only historical japanese setting I've seen worth a read.
Amazing art, accurate combat, no real battles."

though it says 'updated', it's from a couple months back

>Ogres
>light cavalry
IS THAT YOU, RADIOUS?

If you played the table top then you should honestly be fine I think. Table-top seems way harder than total battles. Only the campaign stuff might be hard.

>Goa (Iroquois Confederacy) - War

Yeah, that region to region trading sure is working swell, Portugal giving away one of the richest ports in India for some irrelevant landlocked province in Canada I will likely take away from them eventually, if they don't lose it to natives

Is it Darthmod doing this or is it the vanilla AI's retardness leaking through ?

For you.

There is a reason why they took out province trading.

He was kind of an asshole to non-Christians but was regarded as a pretty cool dude if you didn't mess with his politics.
Also seemed super protective of his nun of a little sister

>stairway structures crumble
>protection around propeller crumbles
>the hull cracks
>explosion ultimately leaves the ship snapped in half

You know, while it does get really old fighting every last naval battle, at least it's fun to go over and look at the enemy ships as your fleet makes quick work of them.

Get the extended stats mod for Attila and boot it up.
Viking Raiders get +10 attack against all infantry, lots of cavalry get +20 against other cav, spearmen get +20 against cavalry and Expert Charge Defense to take apart charges, two-handers get obliterated by archer fire while heavy spears are nigh immune, etc.

How I increase unit sizes in Attila for multipliers?

1 legion, 10,000 strong, vs a group of 15,000 Crusaders, a mixed rabble of knights, yeomen, peasants, etc

How much is 1 strong?

well that would just be a legionary

about 10 weaks

Anthonius II is at it again. Hahahahahahahaahahaha. While attempting to save the bread horses of Rome II, he was attacked by the evil administration of TWC.
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?272653-Moderation-Commentary-Thread&p=14943317&viewfull=1#post14943317

>UN laws defend the right for expresion. UN laws are above any other constitutional or other law on the planet. Even so...since when TRUTH is something offending?
Their results prove my right and prove that EVERYTHING I said is true...Just take a look in the unfinished last TW games. I can understand the delicate situation of TWC -that "provides" future personel for CA/SEGA through modding but even so TRUTH must be expressed. Just think your self buying a car... You have read the prosepctus that describe what exactly you buy. You agree according to what you read, you pay for what you agreed and suddenly you recieve half of the car you bought. When you complain the answer you get is "take your car to a car moddifier" to get it done. Is that fair?
About critisism. Truth is saidfrom someone that CARES. Otherwise he/she remains silent. Question: Does TWC forums cares about its members ineterests that THOSE MEMBERS are the reason of its existance and attraction for adds or simply defends CA/SEGA no matter what?

God Anthonius never fails to deliver.

Probably the Legion because they're presumably a disciplined professional army instead of 60% disciplined mob and 35% disciplined professional army (and 5% scavengers who don't actually want to fight)
Also because presumably the legion has a centralized command instead of the crusaders who take orders from three different factions.

What if the crusaders had one of those cross-on-cart things
No army of God can be defeated with it

wHATS GOing on here?

What if those skaven had a screaming bell?

Very Like, it's kind of the only game I want this year