/fog/ Fallout General

Xth for Enclave When? Edition

>CK when?
Now
youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA
>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>/aco/ Thread (Buffscale stay away)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-war thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0W8TJ7ZW7Fj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

2nd for I use Windows.

How the hell do I make this game have interesting character progression?

1st for Caroline.

i use windows because ive had sex and i like things to work

6th for Wincucks should be euthanized

I'd rather have a mod that puts all of the sanctuary settlers into cannons that are fired toward the glowing sea.

When?

Enclave soon

for now the jetpack mod is pretty fun

13th for this game sucks ass, but im still playing it

>a 'lite' version of the one in game
could be cool

Well if you mean that mod was fucked to begin with and you couldn't uninstall it, then im still freaking fucked.
If theres a fix to get back the structures menu in my save hopefully my whole entire save wont be fucked.
Its only my main save were I used it, every other save works fine.

Hopefully he can fine a fix.

that's really unattractive

Held hostage

RPG Mechanics

and other dumb memes

vocaroo.com/i/s0W8TJ7ZW7Fj

Who can forget this.

you forgot
'muh hardcore survival mechanics' that one autist went on about

and if you're reading this fuck you if you're still here because you said you were leaving

Who's a wuzzit now?

We are lucky enough todd must of fired his shit modeler friend that kept making those awful human models in all of their games, or he just got better.
hopefully when beth has to make a new engine in order to win game of the year again and not get their ass beat about their 2010 graphics (I bet TES will be on a new engine and fallout fans will get stuck with... this shit forever.) maybe all their modelers can make decent work based on the art they get.

No mans sky is a interesting, all of their art or creative actually works in their engine.

thanks /g/ memes friend

Artist, I can field this one.

You know how you make a chick look beautiful? Put less detail in. The artist here has provided the 3d modeler with a cartoon in terms of the face. That doesn't help the sculptor at all, because they have to put the same amount of detail in for everyone. It's a fucking 3d model. The crafts are completely different. Say these drawings were the only given reference of what the face should look like? They're about as useful to a sculptor using their character builder as a smilie face.

If concept artists were proficient sculptors first and foremost, you'd be looking at very different drawings. Then there would be deficiencies in other areas that are no good.

You're complaining about the best this process can do.

H E L D
O
S
T
A
G
E

how the hell did bethesda manage to ruin mods within one update

Post concept art and compare it to how the retards who threw it all together in the CE fucked it up.

When?

what did they do?

No man's sky tries to be more hyped than fallout 4

>The artist here has provided the 3d modeler with a cartoon in terms of the face. That doesn't help the sculptor at all, because they have to put the same amount of detail in for everyone.
If I had a dime for every shitty cartoon face I've had to model in a realistic fashion, I would be paid better than I am now.

Dude, you're wasting you're time. 99% of these retards lack basic comprehension and common sense when it comes to any artistic process, including the making of video games.

That's why these threads are always filled with endless bitching.

literally every time i try to load a game none of my mods register. Even when I'm signed into their retarded mod client and everything.

we all know they will be in the next big dlc , we have another 30 bucks of content. thankfully its free content for me , man that was fucking awesome when they said that. I think they said after the 60 bucks they are still working on more.

you have to activate them in game
I know it's shitty, but that's what you have to do

I downloaded this port from Buff, how do I get it in game? what is the item code for it?

>inb4 drink bleach

there is this one fag in this general who, when cornered with logic, will always say "i'm leaving"
he never leaves, he just wants to seem like he's winning the argument by not saying anything anymore

Yeah, but did any of them look good?

xth for overhyped waifus

Nah its really just people who dont know what to expect. I like the devs too,they pretty cool.

I'm still confused if it has online or not. but they keep dogging it.

"Look good" is subjective. I think all my work looks terrible after the fact because of things I could have done, but the client/my boss likes it so I don't care.

God fucking dammit what the hell. Why the hell is bethesda such shit I hope doom fails and I cant wait to torrent all of the dlc

Depends on if it's a replacer or standalone

>that MacCready

It does but it's so big you'll never see anyone
So maybe.

I think it is a standalone. I'd type in help [armor name] 4. but I have no idea what the armor is called in game.

NO MAN'S SPORE 2 AMIRITE

Well if you put in the work and make the main characters look good, then it wouldn't be "everyone"
Beth just fucking sucks at modeling, everyone knows this.
I hate to admit this but look at the wichter 3 (I hate the game) but it seems they are able handle everything in such detail and make them actually look amazing.
now if fallout 4 had a engine like that...
Why doesn't beth just fucking hire someone to make a new fucking engine and get it over with. Its holding them bac and they are losing control in there area of expertise aka big open games.

This is what they keep doing but so far there is no info at all besides that "but it's so big you'll never see anyone" line.

I'm sure the game will be amazing but I really want to see how this small dev team pulled this off.
I think I hear the leader sold his house.

I just hope the weapons and ships have enough different types to keep you going. getting to the middle im guessing will take a while but that mystery is awesome. I still dont see you being able to build a base. but there is a lot of space trading.

All in all ill like it for sure just because of how crazy it sounds. should be fun and a good way to stop playing this game and wait for actually good mods and dlc.

>start designing new radscorpion follower
>start checking other companions for ideas
>CREATION KIT HAS STOPPED WORKING
fuck you bethesda i didnt want to mod your shitty game anyway

Lucky dog, having a job in 3D. I-I-I'm not jealous.

Seriously though, what do you do?

>Well if you put in the work and make the main characters look good
Looking good is subjective, and the translation from real life to 3D isn't as wonderful as you would imagine due to lighting and movement.
I've worked with six faces scanned and placed into modeling software to place into a 3D worldspace and the results can be very unflattering. Likewise, a character modeled to look "beautiful" ingame would look horrendous in actuality.

It's just weird shit, user, and touching things up can lead to worse results.

> I hope doom fails and I cant wait to torrent all of the dlc
Quit being a dummy, dummy. Make sure your plugins.ini file isn't read-only, run it through f4se and maybe the NMM launcher for good measure.

No need to go defcon 1 for every little problem.

it was the one who went on a rant about 'nv officially declared non canon' even though we told him he's retarded because it makes no sense for bethesda(todd howard) to talk about a game they didn't make, only commissioned via their publishing wing, bethesda softworks

>Lucky dog, having a job in 3D
>Seriously though, what do you do?
I sleep under my desk and make 3D models for a man who doesn't understand what he's doing and is hemorrhaging money because he's too busy fapping to hardware like the Oculus and, previously, the Ouya to actually put out finished products without scrapping them.

I'm in a 3D animation certificate program right now, what am I in for?

>the Ouya
damn

it's may

WHERE IS FAR HARBOR

best nexus waifus I've seen in awhile

>looking good is subjective
Doesn't justify making something shit in the objective majority of subjective opinions.

What kind of 3D models? Organic sculpting, faces, or do you do more low poly stuff?

Depends. Those programs usually aren't great at pushing you, so you get out of it what you put in. A degree means nothing, a portfolio is everything.

Deadlines and regret. In your off-time, if you have any, look up YouTube tutorials for tips and tricks with weird shit.
Depending on the software, of course. 3D Studio Max is the standard, Maya is okay, don't touch Blender if you have any dignity.

I really just think its beths and a lot of people engine limitations. But there are games that make good looking models with detail and its getting better.
remember that beth is using a shit engine. Its not the artists fault or even the modelers fault ( even though I can make a better looking person with just the shitty vanilla engine than beth. plus all those mods? why can they do it? Its really just that whoever makes the human models (its todds best friend who never even had a degree) still makes that shit. He still got better but for 2016??

Hiding in the mists

vore mods when
fart mods when
good game mods when

don't worry, another sperg will leak the beta of it :^)

Hey, blender is alright for modeling. Sculpting and animation wise not so great, but it's fine with low poly stuff for the most part.

test

Far Harbor trailer never.

Goru synth mods when
>edgey description of female synths getting ripped apart by deathclaws
It's ok though. They aren't people.

>What kind of 3D models?
I've had to juggle high-poly and low-poly because he can't make up his mind on whether we're going mobile or console.

It has more to do with the choice of style of the modeler than limitations.
They could have pushed it more, but what FO4 has now is passable even in . It's all relative.

>if you have any dignity

Its not even may yet.. in new york
Is it may in boston right now?

>try to install creation kit
>installer asks me for a folder to install it to
>doesn't have a way to proceed past that

it's a beta! ;*)

>if you have any dignity
I mean, no one in the industry really uses it, but what does that have to do with dignity?

The basic bone structure isn't even similar to any of the concepts, though. Lack of detail is not an excuse to just ignore what's there. That's like making a frown when you were given a smile to make, to follow your analogy.

I dont work in 3d but I like to use blender too
but blender isn't preferred in the industry

I'm a piratefag and I'm surprised I managed to install and use the CK with no problems at all

By deliberately fucking with the way we'd done it for generations of their games.

If it wasn't going to be symbiotic with the nexus, it wasn't going to fucking work.

I looked at mt NMM icon today and thought "I'm going to have to forget everything I knew about solving problems for this thing, and start again".

>I have a family and other commitments
>I can't spend a day learning how to make my current process work with the new system
>The most expedient method is to uninstall everything and reinstall the game and operate through bethesda.net until I can figure out how to ensure the nexus way of doing things will work, essentially approaching this as if I was completely new.
>pic related all gone to the sound of tearsinrain.mp3

Though it doesn't bother me that much, I've had enough shit destroyed in minecraft servers to have the desire for permanence burnt out of me

#diedtoonepointfive

So /fog/, what do you think will make up the Far Harbor map?

When you have open world AAA games like the wicther, FF, and metal gear looking like such, most people are gonna go wow wtf beth its 2016. I bet they didn't know just how awful the response would be for the first time when they got their shit kicked in for it. I bet todd panicked and is making sure TES 6 was up to date. hell I bet they are making a whole new engine

Why can't the 3d games do ghouls right? In fallout 1/2 they looked like actual rotting people. In 3/NV they look like they are made of melted cheese.

In 4 they all look like burn victims. Ferals have better skin than non ferals.

>hell I bet they are making a whole new engine
Lel

So that mod manger is not the final version right? there will be a fucking search bar and a better interface.... r-right guys?

>the engine meme
>again
it'll never die will it

BIGGER MAP THAN SHIVERING ISLES

LESS CONTENT

It's not the final, it's more or less a forced beta.

FO4 is the last game using the "Creation" Engine/Renderer/whatever they want to call it. So yeah, a new engine is definitely in the works.

I only say it's passable because, well, looking between FO4 and FO3/New Vegas, it's an obvious improvement and not many people had high expectations after Skyrim.

Okay, but really I post these things for you guys, and for the one or two who listen, though they're almost never around.

I'm hardly exclusive in this attitude, if we all just gave up and said "pearls before swine" Veeky Forums would be empty.

>another map that is 1/3 water

If they want game of the year again and actually make their baby (tes) sell then im betting they are putting all their millions finally into a fucking new engine.
A AAA company shouldn't be using that shitty engine. the "lol beth bugs" is not a joke anymore, its just plain bad.
Makes sense if they want to impress anyone they have too. fallout 4 was a nightmare with critics and just plain people comparing to all the other games out last year.

>It's a /fog/ complains about mods not working when mods are working fine episode

Why do they keep playing these reruns?

which of these mods should i avoid using? i deleted my ini and verified game cache and my game stopped crashing

because morons keep downloading them

I really hope so, its fucking horrible.
Will they hopefully make it so more complex mods work without needing nexus...
because now the manger is fucking boring.

Better than this lame-ass piece of shit.

>two-thirds water
>Entire continent is barely explorable
>Content is spread out all over and mostly concentrated in a handful of places
>graphics as a shit

poster mod?