I believe CRISPR will be huge in the future and be pretty much omnipresent after China shows its successes using it on...

I believe CRISPR will be huge in the future and be pretty much omnipresent after China shows its successes using it on people.

In what should I invest to get in on the Crispr train with maximum return?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeit.de/2016/27/gentechnik-crispr-anwendungsgebiete-kritik#sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

China isn't really very good at new science. They can't copy.

I imagine anyone getting their viral injections is going to have a bad time.

Oh poor that asian race. Still trying to find a cure for their autism after all these years.

You know what would be funny? If it worked on fixing the slavic race and improving the white race, but not the african, asian, mudslime races.

Now that would be sad.

Given how China likes to manipulate data to give the appearance of success (see: Chinese economy) would you really trust any gene therapy that they claim works super duper good?

>Every race that's smarter than me is autistic
>Every race that's less autistic than me is subhuman

/pol/ logic

No but it'll make western scientists jump on the train

Bump

Very valid point.
I'll give you guys some predictions:
-Augmented reality is the next big thing
-Health care is going to be the "conglomerate supermarket" sort of business after AR

After that, genetics, housing solutions and in the long term nuclear & food will be big.

I am still yet to find a decent AR company, if anyone wants to suggest go ahead; If not, I can post some interesting stock to look at.
AR is not priced in yet compared to the bubble that will happen in 4-8 years after this coming recession. Aged care is specifically going to be big in Asia in 30+ years, but if you start small with a diversified portfolio, I honestly haven't found an argument against aged care after the populas BRICS nations- India/China reach a... population peak per say.

This gene stuff is only going to come into play after religion reaches its tipping point, but it will start to get priced in with each month as it gets closer and closer.

Source: I'm a nutjob with delusions of grandeur.

Oh yeah, if you were too ignorant to do it in '08, buy after the real big insolvencies- Dip should start late this financial year and run stagnant until the end, as usual munted cucks inflate their Q4 results for a 'turnaround', then late 2017 we might just get a decent drop.
Buy the recovery and hold for next collapse, and repeat. Easy way to earn 2**% returns over two to three years.
I'm open to discussion and I have plenty of time to sit here today, so feel free to refute any claims and I can elaborate in further detail.

I think the phone AR wil actually be the most successful one. Everyone owns a phone and it already works great own Galaxy S7 (tried it myself). Next phones will all focus on improving AR compability. So I'd go Samsung for now seeing how the Apple magic is running out and people don't care about the Apple brand anymore

CRISPR is amazing but it wont ever truly take off for ethical reasons. The most we will get is its use by medical professionals to create lines of babies that are resistant to things like HIV. We aren't going to see things like superhumans or whatever.

Also I dont think you can even invest in CRISPR. Its a technique, not a business. So its pretty much capable of being done by anyone with the technology and knowledge at hand, (e.g. pretty much any STEM undergrad at a university, which is why they were saying they probably wont mass release to the public in that TED video you probably saw before making this thread).

Actually I didn't see any TED video on this. Just read it regularly in the newspaper.

Agreed, but to an extent- For example, business/educatiion sectors will prefer standalone AR implementations over "Bring your own Device".
But yes, entertainment will be a big play for phone AR, but fuck me, the goddamn entertainment industry shits me and I don't want to even look at it.
Samsung might be the riser, and it has plenty of patents to make it damn-near-impossible to go bankrupt. However, QCOM/backbone companies, maybe an innovative battery company, will be prone to more growth. Goes without saying, however, risk = reward.

And fuck Apple. The autist that made the company was what made it have value, and these visionless fucks still pushing their phones are definitely not adapting at a rate I see as minimal for a decent investment.

It works on anything and everything with DNA. Any fixes possible for whites would be possible for all the other races.

Whats truly scary though is that the editing could be used to create genes that have CRISPR editing genes in them, so you create self preserving lineages that are truly dominant no matter what, and you can force breed out traits in any species you want to apply it to. So while this could be used benevolently to make all people smart enough to function in society, or resistant to numerous forms of cancer, however, it could also be used with ill-intent to do something like make all Asian people infertile.

Luckily though, such evil intents could be caught and stopped from spreading into the main populace since humans don't reproduce at the same rate as insects.

Wow. What paper did you read it in? I personally have never seen CRISPR mentioned in any news publications outside of the usual sci-tech sources for the couple years. I'm surprised its being discussed somewhere else for once.

Are you qualified? Not being sarcastic, but if you are, I could ask a million questions. The points you bring up are very interesting, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I think the religious tipping point will take place before we see this becoming a big thing. Do you agree or have anything to say about it all?

I'm german. Read it on Zeit. Though admittedly the article was mainly about why the fuck nobody is talking about Cripr although it is such a huge thing that could potentially be used like you said. Crispr: Wo bleibt der Aufschrei? |ZEIT ONLINE
zeit.de/2016/27/gentechnik-crispr-anwendungsgebiete-kritik#sharing

>China's debt drags it into a Japan-tier slump
>the people revolt after a multiple years of 3.5% growth
>the rank-and-file of the military are no longer loyal, so the party turns to their scientists and an endless supply of orphans
>an army of mantis men is born
>Half Life 3 confirmed

Not him, but I'm a professional agricultural geneticist and have used CRISPR many times. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Western Scientists invented CRISPR
>CRISPR is amazing but it wont ever truly take off for ethical reasons
For human germ line editing sure but for
>Herpes cure
>HIV cure
>Gene therapy (hard)
>Fixing Medelian Disease mutations
And other applications not limited to human disease
>Animal vaccines
>Livestock optimization
>Custom bacteria to produce X compound (Craig Venter works on this)

CRISPR is here to stay and it's crazy how much better it has gotten. China has a lot of catching up to do, USA is still a big leader in science.

>I'm a biologist I can answer questions

>Whats truly scary though is that the editing could be used to create genes that have CRISPR editing genes in them
Do you know how CRISPR works????

You can put terminators to prevent any gene drive mechanisms that go unchecked.

Scientists are doing this to make certain mosquitoes infertile.

You also do not integrate the CRISPR-CAS construct but you have the guide RNA that edits the genome itself.

What do you do? Work for DOW Agri? I got a biology BS at Purdue, a lot of good plant geneticists out there
>I do human genetics, PhD in progress thesis on Autism genetics
AMA

my lab has used CRISPR

Could you use Crispr to make me taller so I'm not a manlet anymore?

No, height has complex inheritance patterns so it's not as simple as turning on one gene

And if it were possible only if you were still growing.

All hope is lost ;_;

Yakub already improved the black race... by making him white.

congrats you invented pacman

so If you want to "invest in CRISPR", start a biotech company?