pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFpP-aw1C-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you drank estus while on a ladder, you didn't really beat the game

this PvP is so SHIEEET

>tfw accidentally drank estus on a ladder while climbing up during an invasion while near max health
fuck

How do I PvP with Pyro? It doesnt seem viable at all

what area is this?

FOR FUCK'S SAKE
SHOULD I GET SOTFS OR NOT?
IS IT FUN?

pray that the enemy doesn't roll through your cbv

>The Sunlight Talisman appears to get the best results with Unfaltering Prayer
>maiden talisman has S scaling

HELP

If it helps I dont fully rely on spamming shit, I am more of a battle cleric, so im guessing sunlight is the better choice but I cant really decide

chaos weapon

Yharnam

SUNLIGHT FOR TRUE HYPERARMOR
YOU AINT NO BITCH
YOU AINT NO MAIDEN

no, just get DaS2

it's the way the game was intended to be made

sotfs even moves DLC exclusive enemies into the normal areas for some reason

Reminder that Dark Souls 1 is objectively the best Souls game

dlc

Majula

>still no 1.06
Shit even made crystal hail viable sometimes.
youtube.com/watch?v=oFpP-aw1C-Y

>hurrdurr sorcery totally needs a buff rite
>recorded after the regulations patch that buffed it
youtubers are fucking retarded, even the small ones

>straight sword + greatshield
>play the punishing game
Holy balls this is so effective. Works against ganks too.

JUST GET OVERWATCH!

You throw fireballs to make you look like you're a pyromancer and then you switch to your estoc and R1.

Join Way of the Blue you lady boys

effective, but makes you a fucking faggot

>sotfs even moves DLC exclusive enemies into the normal areas for some reason

Well yea, they had to have some excuse to get you to buy the almost exact same game for $60.

>spawn in next to another invader
>I wave at him, he runs off in the opposite direction
>suddenly get sacred flamed for 90% of my hp
>as I lay on the floor I see the host is spamming soul stream and has two pals dressed as painting guardians that are both running around at the speed of light
>heal
>get flamed again
>then finished off with firewhip

Anyone autistic enough to help me test if you can actually parry MLGS projectile to set them up for a riposte?

I don't have MLGS tho
wasn't it a nerf?

>video of fighting the boss weakest to ranged characters

no get BATTLEBORN

Looks pretty shit to me.

Dark Souls 1 plays like garbage

Bloodborne is the best souls game. That's a fact.

You walk into firelink and see this guy slap your firekeepers ass. What do you do /dsg/?

atleast say a decent ripoff like hirez's Paladins

battleborn is absolute trash when I played it, they're too stuck between multiple genres that it performs badly at all of them and they can't decide what direction to go to

battle born seems better OW looks like a TF2 rip.

I ALREADY HAVE IT, BUT WITHOUT THE DLCS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hail got buffed big time

My experience so far is that invading doesn't seem hard: you can get a lot of mileage out of using mobs to distract enemies and the lobbing (preferably with unlocked aim) GCFO at the host. For these fights, a Flame Arc buffed weapon is good enough.

For 1v1 honorabre duers, there's not much you can do except be way better than your opponent. You will do nowhere near as much damage in melee, and no opponent who is actually paying attention to you exclusively will ever, under any circumstances, get hit by any spell in the game because roll is just too easy.

I don't expect From to make spells better until they introduce broken spells in the DLC. Even then, with shit cast time you can't expect anything to ever land.

I would agree If bb was a souls game.

>Dusk Crown
>probably has his ring slots full of sorcery rings
>has to use all that attunement
>has to give up half his estus flasks
>this particular boss is weak to magic
>still takes that long to kill it

I could have finished him in half the time by spamming my Heavy Broadsword on his leg, no additional equipment or investment needed.

>Beat a boss I beat first try just by rolling into him, spamming R1 only stopping to chug estus while in low stamina
Wew, truly overpowered shit.

If I had the money I'd get both.
I just want a good shooter to replace BO3 (ok game, but I'm not shilling out every year for a new one)
Looks like it'll have the most longevity out of the shit coming out soon.

Best PvE, by far the worst PvP

put on horsehoof ring and riposte his ass

dark souls 3 pvp is worse

There's an upgrade version (DaS2 vanilla to SotFS) for the same price as the DLCs alone. SotFS includes all DLC.

>worst PvP

that's Dark Souls 1, where the entire system was based on bug abuse and exploiting mechanics. Backstabs were cancer

At least in Bloodborne you can parry heals and the combat is much more intense and engaging.

In invasions I leaned extremely hard on using mobs to distract so I could nail with GCFO's, outside of mobs I got a ton of milage out of the L2 on the witches locks.

As for 1v1's? Pyro is just about worthless unless you get good at reading when people are going to sip and punish with a GCFO. Outside of that don't 1v1. You have half a build against anyone who isn't a caster.

>hirez
>after T:A happened

uuuuhhhhhhhh
no.

g(2)a.com/dark-souls-2-season-pass-dlc-steam-cd-key-eu.html

I want YOU for the High Wall of Lothric!

dsg fight club, password dsg

Come fight for your right to shitpost!

Is road of sacrifices/crucifixion forest/farron keep the go-to for friendly pvp/FC?

Had some really good fights there tonight at around sl80

Is high wall an end game zone or the first zone?

PS4 I assume? Nobody sane would go to a pcuck fightclub

I know, I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth getting now.

>DS3 moves to make the game more like BB
>Implements faster rolling, more i-frames
>Implements faster estus heals to accomodate more aggressive enemies
>No gun to punish people in pvp so sips are free instant non-punishable heals
I hate the bloodborne-ification of DS3, they really fucked up when they tried to make it more like a better game.

hey tribes ascend was a really good game until they gutted it

>entire system was based on bug abuse and exploiting mechanics.
It adds shit tone of depth, bb pvp is incredibly shallow in comparrison.
>Backstabs were cancer
They a fine game mechanic if you learn how they work.

> Have DS2, but without the good parts of DS2

Shit m8

>Friend kept telling me how hard Nameless King is
>Proceed to stagger the dragon twice and fuck his eye socket
>Stagger the King twice and ruin his undead dick
I hope this fight was nerfed or I fear my friend is causal as fuck

>All these NPCs to babysit
>paranoid of missing something whenever I beat a boss

What a pain. Anyway, is 120 still the best level for endgame pvp?

That's the point.

What weapon did you use?

80-120 seems to be the norm

>a fine game mechanic if you learn how they work
they made an entire class of weapons useless

>adds a shit ton of depth
Bloodborne combat utilized every single aspect of a weapon's moveset, from transformations to backstep attacks. Every weapon was viable, unlike in Dark Souls 1

The DLCs are decent. I wasn't a fan of the Iron King one, but Sunken King has a really great final boss, and the Ice one is challenging and fun.

Poise has always been stupid in Dark Souls.

Ideally, weapons should have tradeoffs between speed, damage, reach, utility, etc. Poise is supposed to be part of the tradeoff between fast hit-and-run weapons and slow, high damage weapons. Unfortunately, FromSoft decided that Poise would be a cool stat for armor, so instead we either end up with Dark Souls 1, where enemies can use fast weapons AND be stagger-proof (and with lower Equip Burden than heavy weapon wielders), or we get Dark Souls 3, where Poise does literally nothing.

The correct answer is to glance at the fighting game genre, where for nearly three decades slow characters like Zangief and Potemkin have had "armored" moves that can blow straight through attempts to interrupt their offense.

Does DaS3 actually have even less build variety than Bloodborne?

So i have the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel bug that prevents me from ever being summoned, after testing it across three characters at varying soul levels this is the only explanation

Has anyone tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it?

I'm thinking that might fix the damn issue.

Nah, that fucking dragon is harder than Nameless.

Fucking camera and fire breath.

lel

pretty good drawing

I'm EXTREMELY confused

Lolno

Is there a list of weapons that get S-scaling on int and/or faith when infused with Crystal, Lightning or Chaos?

Like for example fextralife says AGS gets a surprising S-scaling in int when Crystal infused.

Twin swords you get before the archives

Did you try restarting your PC?

Yep

In terms of variety we're looking at

Dark Souls > Dark Souls Scholar > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3

The Drakeblood GS is an enigma.

I adore it.

Undead settlement.

>they made an entire class of weapons useless
Thats fault of shitty movesets, not backstabs.

first area of the game, first bonfire outside of firelink

i've been hosting PC fight clubs since day one of steam release, zero Malcom Reynolds happenings

even then, you can back up your saves if it ever does

come bully invaders!

can anyone help me with Vertebrae Shackles farm?

BB has
Str
Skill
Arc
Bloodtinge
Hybrids

DS3 has
Quality(absolute best)
Str
Dex
Pyro

In terms of weapon viability BB blows the shit out of every other game and DS3 has the least in the series.

This is on PS4, and i've tried this across the whole past two weeks, different times, sometimes sitting in place for hours on end (while doing other shit obviously)

So which weapons are similar to bss and gravelordsword in dark souls 3?

mind you

the mantle of lord interests me none

>get friend into dark souls 1
>He likes it but wants nothing to do with the pvp, the type to alt f4 out if invaded.
>dark souls 2 comes out
>Hes not alt f4ing but hes not a fan of pvp
>Bloodborne he comes out of his shell but not actively seeking pvp
>dark souls 3
>He used a dried finger when going through his game to get more pvp as we were going through the game.
>hes even hosting / participating in fight clubs
Watched this shitlord grow up in the souls game. it was amazing.

I personally had more trouble on nameless king when me a bro were cooping, solo I had very little trouble. friend was completely opposite.

>where for nearly three decades slow characters like Zangief and Potemkin have had "armored" moves that can blow straight through attempts to interrupt their offense.
DS3 has similar mechanic.

WHAT THE FUCK, THESE FUCKING JAILERS ARE LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE, IM FIGHTING A WHOLE ROOM FULL OF THE FUCKS.
What the hell do i do?

They really fucked up with this infusion system. There's no reason to NOT go quality.

run past

???

So if greathammers had the moveset of a straight sword, then they wouldn't be useless right? Then they would never be nonviable because of how broken backstabs were in Dark Souls 1

literally just invade you fucking shitter

>two points left to spare on my knight build
>autism compelling me to perfectly round int and faith up to 10
Send help.

It was a joke.
I'm glad Blueberries are broken across all platforms, though.

Firelink GS is 20/10/10/10 I think
don't know DEX req

wow so epic normie i introduced this to my normie friend and they did the thing story

I SPENT AN HOUR FARMING FOR THE LAST PIECE OF THE WRAITH SET

AND NOW YOU TELL ME THAT I CANT GET THE DARK SIGIL BACK AND YURIA WILL NEVER APPEAR ONCE YOEL DIES?!

FUUUUCK

What is a 'quality' build?

Isn't it just that there are twenty times as many Dorkmoons and Cops as Way of Blue members? Every time I invade someone I see the popo show up, and whenever I get invaded with Way of Blue equipped they show up instantly. It seems like Way of Blue just has poor incentives, so no one does it.

What From SHOULD have done is combined Way of Blue and Blue Sentinels into one covenant that both supports and summons allies during invasions.

Then Dorkmoons become Red Eye Orb invaders (only when they do it, they show up as Phantoms of Vengeance) who can invade Reds even if they've cleared the area boss. They could also auto-summon in any time someone is invaded by an Aldritch Faithful, since lore-wise they despise each other.

And while we're on the matter, the Wolfbros really need a higher level area to invade, since Farron Keep is a snore and you have to remain low level to invade there.

Mound Makers, generic reds, and Sunbro Invaders were done perfectly, though. From what I understand, if you invade with the REO while you have the Sunlight necklace on, you are more likely to invade with another Red Phantom. (And you both get Sunlight Medals if you murder the host! It's sweet!)

41/41 str/dex, pump vig/end