/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #350

"Nathan's pickup line is a line of rope around the hands" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls :
strawpoll.me/10008346
strawpoll.me/10009793
strawpoll.me/10032039
strawpoll.me/10035068
strawpoll.me/10042905
strawpoll.me/10062230
strawpoll.me/10068343
strawpoll.me/10072100
strawpoll.me/10079131
strawpoll.me/10079598

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
mike-journey.blogspot.com/2015/10/life-is-strange-arcadia-bay-4k-without.html
femhype.com/2015/08/22/how-a-lack-of-racial-diversity-inhibits-life-is-strange/
youtube.com/watch?v=QU57h4v1fQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kate and her family might be close friends with David Duke but they are not members of the KKK!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Kate's family has converted many black people to Christianity!

STOP

I love how creepy they made that picture look.

>Threadly reminder that Max only felt sorry for Kate and will quickly forget about her

The fucking Youtube commenters trying to justify David's abusive behaviour.

FUCKING REEEEEEE DON'TNOD CANNOT HANDLE DOMESTIC ABUSE WHO FUCKING CARES ABOUT HIS PTSD

Easy now, user. Calm down.

Why is every character so short?... is it french thing?

No, it's a serious issue.

This damages the perception of victims by making the abusive perpetrators "sympathetic".

>This damages the perception of victims by making the abusive perpetrators "sympathetic".
so much this
but still let's not go full tumblr

No one's height ever gets referenced, what are you on about?

It's only confirmed by developers on Twitter that Max is 165 and Chloe is 175.

So what, David should just be an iredeemable monster who's sole character trait is that he beats up Chloe?

On the other hand, not many characters are taller than chloe. I think only frank, jefferson and maybe the principal are distinctly taller.

>people who commit abuse are now no longer human and irredeemably evil

Hateful thinking like this perpetuates problems

No, you retard. Nice strawman.

There's nothing ambiguous about the situation. When you have people genuinely claiming that David was in the right, you've failed as a writer to depict the consequences of anger-fueled "punishment".

People shouldn't give two iotas of a shit about what a bully has to deal with.

I swear, this game's audience is its worse enemy.

Small request. Does anyone have a 4k version of pic related? Clean without the logo and all that. Will love you forever

>people that dont find bullies sympathetic are even worse
oh look we write our own bullshit in quotes

No one's claiming that David was in the right, or at least the vast majority of players aren't. Anyone who is is simply a moron or just hates Chloe. About the only thing people might agree with David about is his desire to tighten school security considering what Jefferson and Nathan were doing behind the scenes.

mike-journey.blogspot.com/2015/10/life-is-strange-arcadia-bay-4k-without.html

Why in the fuck's name are you on youtube?
Better: why are you reading comments?!

In willingly disregarding the humanity of others you're basically the same as a bully.

Yes, they were.

Look at the comments in the Youtube clips.

You've just changed the subject.

Being mad at abusers doesn't solve the problem, though. Realising the source of their abusive behaviour and addressing that is the only way to get them to actually stop. Separating the parties works on an individual level, but that guy's probably just going to go along and make the same mistakes over and over again until something's done to address it.

But yeah, anyone saying he's a "good guy after all" is sugarcoating as fuck, and the game itself does fuck all to actually address the nuances it brought up (but that goes for literally everything the game brought up).

Stop re-stating quotes and elaborate, you bawking pseudo-intellectual.

>comments in the Youtube clips
As I said, morons.

What is there to elaborate lol. You're taking the moral high ground while advocating blind hatred

Why are you looking in the YouTube comments to begin with? You can't expect anything good from there.

Retards will always exist in the world.
When we watched Billy Elliot in high school, one girl thought that his father was crying at the end because he was still so ashamed his son was "gay". Her dumb fucking ass missing the point so tremendously doesn't mean the film was bad, it just means it didn't dumb itself down for morons like her at the cost of alienating anyone who'd put the effort in to pay attention.

But yeah, Dontnod are shit writers and let David off way too fucking easy, I'll agree to that.

No, just removing them from the victim's life is good enough.

Personally, I would have taken a rock to his head but I can see the legal issue behind that.

>reading youtube comments
Well here's your problem.

"LUL I DON'T HAVD TO ARGUE"- Missed the point.

And there's no argument. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy.

It's enough for that victim.
Then they move on and victimise someone else. Lovely.

Being a hypocrite doesn't mean I'm wrong.

You never pointed anything out, you made a claim with no stated reasoning behind it.

Then you take him to court, or go to an authority.

The main issue here is the the collateral damage around him.

>I swear, this game's audience is its worse enemy.

How on earth does the sentiment that abusive people have humanity conflict with what the game put forward? The game encourages empathy for shitty people the entire way through.

Cheers

And you stop that collateral damage by preventing him from causing it anymore.

>trusting the police to do shit about garden variety domestic abuse
>thinking locking him up in Crime College for a few months, at best, to get a new PhD in PTSD is going to fix anything at all

Ich liebe Max

Oh, you've gone down a path of "I am literally a child with no knowledge of the legal system but plenty of empty sentiment".

Well you started this schtick with "I am literally a child high on my own outrage who gets mad about Youtube comments, has no knowledge of how the world works, and thinks we should just Hitler all the bad people away."

Kate really isn't gonna get anywhere in life with her talents. Drawing pictures for children's books isn't much of a life's goal.

Except that wasn't what I did, you autist.

You're a shining example of tacit condonation and homespun wisdom.

I fear for anyone in your life that needs help.

Kate's going to write/ illustrate books for a little, dabble in some mission stuff with her church, and then work at an adoption center/ orphanage.
Eventually she'll be the one that causes the line of events that results in Max & Chloe adopting a daughter.

You're a shining example of someone who reads fucking youtube comments. You're done, user. Go home.

Nigga', you're dumb as fuck.

Maybe she can marry Warren and live off a scientist's salary.

Well she'll get all his money and possessions when he inevitably blows himself up

no u

I'm sure Kate will be happy to inherit a slightly sticky copy of the Cannibal Holocaust Limited Edition DVD and a bag full of shitty meme t-shirts.

No, you ^2

>be in a really prestigious school with a GPA of 3.9
>isn't gonna get anywhere in life
Do you see how stupid your statement is now?

no u infinity plus one

Hard to get anywhere in life when you're dead.

There is no conspiracy to make video games politically correct. Characters in fiction and gaming communities simply change with respect to the latest cultural values. But you fedora-tipping cancerous fucks always blame imaginary SocJus boogeymen when people start hating you for the shit that you do. As long as you continue to refuse act like decent human beings, people will keep noticing.

But of course, you will keep blaming imaginary "SJWs", "poseurs" and "normies" when you the public hates you for the scum you are. And let's not even get started on how you all react to games becoming more popular and easily accessible.

For all of her supposed brightness she has no ambition. All she can think of doing with her life is drawing crappy sketches for kids books.

Threadly reminder that Kate survived in more playthroughs than Chloe and Vicky did.
>survives in Bay ending
>survives in Bae ending if you saved her
>>>/tumblr/ is that way
We were all childish once and I'd like to think that Dr Seuss was successful

Okay. Where did this come from exactly? I don't see anything in the OP about "SocJus boogeymen".

it's a copypasta that he posts in every general, just look in the archives before giving him a (you)

He's a retard posting it in multiple threads.

Don't you mean Director's Cut?

All anyone at that school can think of doing with their lives is being useless arteests.

>survives in Bae ending if you saved her
You need to stop living in a dream world Max. She's in a better place now.

No, you ad infinitum QED

At least the shirts would be cute on her

Who knows what happened to Victoria. She might have boarded the plane to SF without Jefferson and avoided the storm completely, it's unclear how quickly word of his arrest would have spread.

It's irrelevant how fast word of mouth spread. She was a planned target of Jefferson's and the friend to his accomplice/murder victim. She'd be brought in to answer police questions alongside Wells. She wouldn't be going to San Francisco any time soon as Jefferson was meant to board the plane with her (and Wells didn't have the time to change plans). She probably wouldn't even feel like going considering she'd have lost a friend and had to deal with the revelations about Rachel and Kate.

POST YOUR ATTEMPT ON SAD RACHEL

Kate is the kind of person who would set up a religious club/prayer group in university. However, she is likely apolitical

Think she'd invite herself over to others to hang out and then try to talk them into going to church with her and give 7 dollars to cover pizza expenses just before leaving at the end of the evening?

>Kate knows she will be mocked if she tries her evangelical tactics on American students, or worse, reported to the Dean for infringing on their safe space
>dedicates her efforts to FOB foreign/ exchange students
>soon accumulates a following of Evan-like beta Asian orbiters and swarthy Sambos

femhype.com/2015/08/22/how-a-lack-of-racial-diversity-inhibits-life-is-strange/

Just another reason why she's perfect. She might disagree with you, but she won't shove her beliefs down your throat.

ruh roh

For you

Any day when I find more blonde Chloe is a good day

thanks user

I will buy Kate a taser to protect herself against the ongoing rape epidemic that is said to be happening on American college campuses

You're welcome
My hands are shit

>imblying college rape is a real thing

The only risk Kate has of being involved in a sexual assault, is from her own poor judgement. Just keep that gullible bitch away from any parties serving alcohol and she should be fine

Kill yourself.

How sad and needlessly angry do you need to be to insult Kate? Nothing that happened to her was her fault.

Nice formatting but this isn't reddit.

>sexual assault is no longer sexual assault if she is drunk
>it's just her own poor judgement
>it just MADE someone rape her

LiT when ?

When Nova finishes their novel.

>Max going to Paris with trailer trash Chloe when she could go with royalty

>In my defence, she asked for it!
>How?
>She was high! High on my list of girls to bang!

>Going to one of the most romantic cities in the world
>With someone other than your GF/wife
No.

Look at this fucking MRA try to play

youtube.com/watch?v=QU57h4v1fQQ