Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Real men wear full sets edition.

>Monster Hunter Generations
A Western adaptation of Monster Hunter X has been announced for release this summer.
capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/03/03/monster-hunter-generations-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-in-summer-2016

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwzZtgOBrog
twitter.com/Headhunt_torres/status/726974229363597313
twitter.com/ORE_HA_AKUMA_DA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dead

Alright, help me out here

threw together a normal gunning LBG set, I get Normal Up, Evasion +2, Fleet Feet, and Trajectory from this loadout, but I have 5 slots left over and I'm wondering what 5 slot skill I should slap in there.

I was thinking Sense so I could effectively get the benefits of both barrel types (long barrel/silencer), but Combo Plus looks good as well for making sure I always get 4 rounds per combine for my normal shots.

What does /mhg/ think?

>go back on 3 ultimate
>feel how fun lagiacrus, narga, Barioth, barroth, agnaktor and alatreon are
>have a blast
>go back to 4 ultimate
>nothing but 140 rajang dick and chameleos rooms
>miss 3 ultimate
>repeat

I hope that generations can bring me the same joy 3U did, lads

>full sets
>always looks better than clown suiting
>see brachydium
>adren +2, challenger +2, room for any other skills I need
perfect!
>looks like poop
...why?..

>no Moga Village

Don't get your hopes up user, X's only good feature is cat customization. The game feels fucking bland and washed-up.

Tips on fighting Gore Magala with SnS, Lance and GS? And in general maybe, sometimes I kick his shit, some others he carts me twice. Haven't played MH since Freedom 2.

well, you don't have to deal with GQs, so if that's a joy-sucker, you can have some joy back.

Just stick to his dick with the SnS.

I don't remember how the fight goes but shit nigger, you play with the exact same weapons as I.

Hit and don't get hit in return

Low Rank Gore: stay under it and near its hind legs.
High Rank Gore and above: stay to the sides of its front legs and make sure to always watch for the giant slam.

Just got into MH4U and I keep reading that a good lancer has to switch lances, I'm not really fond of having multiple weapons for elemental stuff.
Is there a close-range weapon that "only" needs raw damage?

GS
Switch Axe
Charge Blade
Insect Glaive
Hammer
Hunting Horn
SnS
Gunlance

Element is shit on all these.

>SnS
>Element is shit on all these.

what the fuck

GS. High raw dmg in a GS will almost always be better than elemental

SnS is pretty neat for elemental tho

I want to pin Miss Cat down in a mating press and thrust inside her with my full weight till I ejaculate in her womb!

Do Elemental attack + armors and high elemental weapons have a place? What weapons are best suited to using these?

certain monsters are really good for low raw + high element, like kushula and chameleos.

On very specific monsters, yes.

Gravios, Kushala, Chameleos, Kirin and what else?

ok first of all

I'm assuming you're using Steve's LBG because that makes the most sense for normal gunning with LBG. LBG with limiter on is already the most mobile gunner weapon; if you need evasion+2 and evade extender on it, then you really, really need to reevaluate your positioning.

For that same reason, you don't need trajectory. It's very easy to stay in critical range, and slicing shots don't even have a critical range (I'm actually not sure about that though).

Throw all of those skills except for normal up in the garbage and get challenger+2 and stack attack up. Maybe get weakness exploit, but that's more useful on HBG than LBG because it requires you to land all of your rapid fire shots on the weakpoint to be fully effective.

anyone want to fire up a room? i need some zenith L gems and a blastheart from g rank molten tiggs.

>need paddock oil
>cannot stop myself from smacking Zamtrios' stomach when he inflates so I always end up killing it

f u c k

What are the worst and most annoying shitfucks in 4U?

Will join you if/when a room is up.

There's no such a thing as good elemental weapon, as a matter of fact the best weapons for elemental (read: the ones that scale elemental damage) are ones were the users essentially don't give a fuck about elemental damage (GS, CB and HBG, all for different reasons).
Depending of the game you'll get weapons with GOOD raw and GOOD sharpness with the bonus of having elemental attached to it, lances in 4u for example get silly good elemental weapons with great raw, sharpness and element.

DS is about the only weapon where element is mandatory due to low MVs (LBG on the other hand gets the element sticker on because otherwise it is an under performing HBG).

What weapon was Gogma gunner set even designed for

Awaken bow

>Trajectory, Awaken+element up, Normal Up.
Seems good for bow. Could make it work with Sacred Bow, Weblivion, Fluctus,Exterminator Bow or some awaken normal relicbow

>11 GB runs to get enough mats for Selene ZZZXZ.
God damn.

Anyway, how the flying fuck do I dodge upwards/downwards during idle?

Would anyone mind resharing my GQ with me? Level got too high.

ID is 56-0924-1081-5294, usual pass

Does Yukumo in MHX have the hot spring?

anyone tryed this?
youtube.com/watch?v=uwzZtgOBrog

Yes, it works. Since I was shit at KO weapons, I used the KO bug on IG instead.

Anyone? Please?

>forgot I was subbed to ICEMANnoob for some reason on youtube
>checking youtube subscriptions
>nigga made an almost hour long video about some gaijin hunter controversy

I'm curious but I aint listening to this shit, anyone know or care what this is about?

Still waiting

People shitting on him without getting his side of things mostly. Exposing how much of a drunken loser gaijin hunter can be begging for donations on someone else's stream and claiming to know so much about the game when he just repeats what others tell him. Also calling out Kogath of the MH Wiki and streamer Melfchuah for sucking gaijins dick to get in good with him.

>Exposing how much of a drunken loser gaijin hunter can be begging for donations on someone else's stream
I'm skipping through this, where is that part?

>the iPhone game is actually pretty fucking cool for a mobile game
WEW
It's missing a couple of things, but for a free phone game, it's pretty nice.

Around 29:13

I'm obviously paraphrasing the shit out of this so take it as you will.

What's the best area and why is it Deserted Island?

I agree.

Holy shit, how the fuck did they manage to make Rathalos and Rathian even more annoying shitheads in 4U?

I heard the third poke change makes Lance shit in MHX, is that true?

By not showing wind pressure, adding homing talons, the trusty immobilize with roar/fireball then poison combo, and by having pillars that don't even have to be there because the fireballs go straight through.

Tied with Ancestral Steppe and Forest and Hills for me.

>Claws before 4U
>Even if they did home in a bit you could still roll forward through them with proper timing and go right through
>Claws after 4U
>lol no claw hitbox extends backwards more now

>Azure's undodgeable setup where he uses the homing homo claw and then fireballs you while you're on the ground after superman diving it

>Ancestral "Ledge Hell" Steppe
>Forest "and" "holy shit get this foliage OUT OF MY VISION JESUS CHRIST" Hills

>kill a wyvern in a gathering quest
>forget to carve it

>Go on a quest specifically for a tail carve
>Cut off tail
>Monster runs off
>Chase it down
>Kill it and wait out the minute
>With 1 second left you remember the tail

I just like the rolling hills landscape, user.
and also MH1 nostalgia

My favorite area is Flooded Forest
I actually like swimming

Good summary:
twitter.com/Headhunt_torres/status/726974229363597313

>Doing Azure Rathalos mission on Heavens Mount
>On the roost with the eggs
>Rath is locked onto me in a combo
>Need to heal bad. Basically dive off the cliffside
>Split second before I change area he homing claws me
>Misses because of superman but still fucking dumb that the clips through the platform just to attack me

If Rathalos took his rage out on Seregios like he does to me, maybe the Raths wouldnt be such angry cucks.

Thank fuck they changed it back X.
Silver is hyper as fuck and won't chill the fuck down though.

What monsters are exclusive to G-rank in MH4U?

Diablos

Shah Dalamadur and White Fatty off of the top of my mind.

Both Diablos, Tigerstripe Zam, Shrouded Nercylla, Damiyo Hermitaur, Cephalos, Ash Kecha, Berserk Tetsucabra... Some other ones idk.

Also Raging Brach and Chaotic Gore.

>Only 11
You had it easy. I gave up on the set after 30+ runs with not a single Dark Dragongem.

Yes.

No.

Which monster would you give a belly rub to?

Ironically you just named the two worst flagship areas in the entire franchise

>Gen 1
Old Desert, Old Swamp
>Gen 2
Jungle, Snowy Mountain, Desert, Swamp
>gen 3
Every area except the Volcano
>gen 4
Dino Land, Primal Forest, Heaven's Mount, Slayground

Any unnamed area falls in the "poorly designed area" category
I would have enjoyed gen 2 Tower but 95% of the zone is never used

Hey buddy, what's the source for ?

twitter.com/ORE_HA_AKUMA_DA

Tips on breaking stuff with SnS?

Hit the part you want to break very hard and alot

Dino land?

Yes, Dino land

>Primal Forest, Heaven's Mount
I fucking hate these.

new to 4u
it's me or guard lancing was gimped a fuckton? I'm at caravan 7* and I'm getting my shit pushed by a lot of enemies I had no issues with before

no fucking idea of what I'm doing wrong, I'm playing just as I did on 3U

Hit it when you can, go for trips when you can't.

What's the lore behind the veggie elder?

Won't go home till he spots a female Tamamitsune

He'll be there wherever your mom is

Female gunner brachydium looks good, the rest are shit. Some sets just look bad, like most of the brachydios sets, gravios, garuga and congalala.

Get destroyer (should be on whatever set you make for farming parts with anyway), use a blast sns if the part you want to break has high defence, trip or mount when you can't reach the part you need. Rejoice that you aren't a bow user trying to cut tails.

I hate iceman as much as the next person, but is the stuff he says true? I've been seeing a lot of cock sucking around various e-celebs in the last couple of months. Is gaijin hunter actually this much of an asshole under a smile?

Not gimped, but now mega dash juices are REQUIRED if you want to do anything.

what weapons are for shitters aside from IG?

GS, SA, Ham, and LS. Pretty much everything I use the most.

Greatsword, IG, Switch Axe, Hammer, Longsword and Charge Blade. The timing for Guard Points might be difficult to learn but the weapon is so perfect and strong that once you get down how to use it, you'll never have issues with anything, nor have to worry about enemy attacks.

why Hammer?

Hammer's pretty much only good solo when you can lead the monster around in whatever position you want it to be in. In multiplayer you'll pretty much have to exclusively uppercut and triple pound if you don't want to be disruptive and lacking in damage.

Because it has pretty much the same fucking moveset with almost no improvements since what, Freedom 2? You are completely reliant on hitting the head and you can be as harmful as a LS or Lance user online, while also dealing "shit" damage compared to many other weapons.

Hammer is completely overshadowed by the CB too.

brachydios X gunner looks dope on both genders.

cool blue rhinoceros with a big shoulder and arm? loving it.

I don't dig it but to each their own I guess. I love Brachydium's colour scheme, the shield and the design of the skirt.

can confirm slicing shots do not have critical range. They also have no rapid fire damage penalty on successive shots.
best friend set of ultimate vayu fun:
Regios Cap X,
Diablos Vest Z,
Diablos Guards Z,
Regios Coat X,
Brachydios Leggings X,
any 000 talisman
gets you:
challenger +2, weakness exploit, evade extender, normal/rapid up. It also makes you immune to fireblight and has good defense.

You can also use diablos pants instead of brachy, I have brachy because my talisman is recoil +3, bombardier +7 000, so I also get recoil down +1 and bombardier, but those are both effectively useless on the vayu.

Basically just stack attack skills and gitgud at aim, I only have evade extender because vayu rapid fires 4 slice shots, which means if I get greedy on shots I need to get out in a hurry.

Did I mention this set looks bitchin'?

It's weird, some brach armor is clean and smooth and elegant like and some is spiky and bulky and ridiculous like the brachy X skirt on females and pic related. I just want nice smooth plate armor in non-eyesore colors.

Doesn't the initial shot technically have both but only do one damage regardless or something so since the actual slicing part is unaffected it doesn't matter? That's what I remember hearing anyway, I might be thinking of crag which IIRC has like 7 mv initial damage and then the explosion.

I think all the initial shot -> effect type bullets have that.

But generally the bullet hitting is so low that it's negligible except for hilarious circumstances where that little dink kills the monster.

>hilarious circumstances where that little dink kills the monster
But that way in the second or so before you hit skip on the ending cinematic you get to see the monster exploding/being cut apart so that's pretty cool.