/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Bump-starved thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk5frp6-3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NiboHWwr12M
youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/16713
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>there are people that think Yharnam isn't a dream

>there are people who think Yharnam is a dream
>awaken above ground
>characters talking about how they can't dream anymore
>other places specifically referred to as dreams and nightmares

1st for Doll

>there are people who think Ebby-chan isn't best girl

Eburichan is shit, she won't stop running me over, worst girl

Do you want help with the blood letting beast, Kate?

>implying you don't enjoy being run over every time

The Mensis Cage in your trousers paints a different picture than your words, good user.

>the great ones are in full control from the beginning of the game
>you only fight illusions along the way
>there is no escape from the nightmare

Few questions from a new guy.

Using LHB right now and thinking about focusing on strength but I hear most later and better weapons are skill based. Should I try and balance both for miracle blade or something later??

Is there any benefit in using all your madman knowledge and walking around with high insight? I hear you see all kinds of things and you can only lose a few points to those head suckers.

To try and not spoil everything

Strength has some of the best weapons, including the Hunter's Axe and Whirligig Axe, which trivializes a lot of encounters. The Moonlight Greatsword is Strength/Arc. Both Whirligig and Moonlight are DLC weapons, but you can rush the Whirli whenever if you have the DLC. Strength is best for a first playthrough.

Insight really doesn't do much in the long run. It is mostly for currency. In fact, having too much in some areas is downright detrimental.

Awesome, thanks. I'll stick to strength, this playstyle is working for me so far.

>In fact, having too much in some areas is downright detrimental.

Now I'm just excited. I'll see horrifying shit or flat out get attacked by things that I shouldnt see?

Yes, and you'll also be extremely sensible to the worst status effect in any Souls game.

How do I get double Ludwig

Sacrifice your internet connection.

Jesus

rub amelia's fluffy cunny

>fighting laurence
>literally says REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in his cutscene

always funny

>implying anyone wants to

Again, I don't want to spoil it, and you shouldn't be in this thread anyway, playing blind is always the best, but let's just say it makes one area nearly impossible later on and makes one particular enemy suicide every time you face it. Spend that Insight!

No, but I could use help with Abhorrent Best in Lower Loran

>tfw finally 100% game and dlc
I think chalice dungeons gave me PTSD, I'm glad it's over.

After DaS3, I'm missing the Chalice dungeons already.

I'll be at the fog, same pass right?

Worst mob?

It's red spiders right?

>last two trophies are childhoods beginning which I can do at anytime
>and fucking pthumerian queen
Fuck defiled chalice dungeons, fuck that watchdog, fuck amygdala, fuck it all.

>only finished chalice dungeons once
>has PTSD
I don't get it.

The boulder-throwing giants because they look like shit.

centipede ayylmaos honestly

Yes sir

The chime maidens that summon the red spiders.

But the red spiders being able to agro from 3 or so rooms away is fucking bullshit.

I legitimately panic when I see red spiders.

The centipedes are great, I love how they drop their flower when they die.

You're a real hero and a real human bean

yup. red spiders.

It's only the worst feeling

Oh my,

S-stop posting qts!

I feel like this would be an appropriate time for a lewd Wet Nurse, but I don't have one, so have a hoonter instead.

Looks like it was drawn by a preteen.

Kiki is gorgeous

Nighttime is too comfy, I'll never fight Rom now.

Byrgenwerth is comfy as fuck.

I'd live there after shit ended if I wasn't a squidlet.

>implying red moon hunter's dream isn't the most metal, comfy place in the entire game.

Hypogean gaol > Yahargul

Am I doomed to have to kill Djura? I befriended him then got attacked by another hunter.

>you devious rat!

The fuck man? Are we not gonna be bros? Does he drop anything good?

>wanting to be friends with yharnam's only hippie and social justice warrior

Kill that delusional fuck as soon as possible.

Best girl, you teach that mean old bully.

You should be hitting her with a tricked Tonitrus, user, that stunlocks the shit out of her.

Anyone wanna come fight story Ebrietas?

Pass is kosm.

Well I'm finally at the last boss. I have to fight moon presence after him though. He's fucked my virgin asshole so many times already, he was about 4 hits away from dying one time. What the fuck can I do to not be shit?

Parry. Backstab. Dodge.

I'll come

Hypogean gaol is in Yahar'gul.

Man the only animation I can parry right is when he puts his scythe behind him. Are there any other windows?

I know. I think the area looks better at nighttime. The music helps too.

I'm around level 116, should I be higher to fight NG+ Ludwig? I feel like I'm under-leveled atm.

He never did anything wrong.

You can keep him locked down with the Augur if you've enough Arcane to use it.

Waiting for you.

So I went to 53 Arc on my hybrid build, 50/15/22/12/5/53 @ 107

What weapons will be effective? Thinking with more str and arcane I can rock the Wheel with a Beastcutter offhand, maybe Saif?

Don't be afraid to summon.
Fire paper + serrated weapon is effective.

session lost Ajax

Yeah, internet went bad.

Funnily enough, I'm pretty sure that's my world in that webm as well.

Everytime I think about going back to DaS3, I remember a different area I slogged through, or an enemy I hated fighting. What a waste of money. What I wouldn't give to be able to play Bloodborne blind.

Thanks, Blaze.

m-maybe the DLC will make it worth owning, r-right haha

Tonitrus.
>with a Beastcutter offhand
How?

>come back to do some more micolash invading
>bullets and vials still don't restore on successful invasion

I wouldn't be nearly as pissed as I am if I had bought a physical copy, then I could return it or sell it or something. But I'm stuck with the digital one. That's €70 I'm never getting back. And if I do even buy the DLC, there's the major threat of that being even more down the drain. Nah, fuck this game. New IP when?

earliest i'd say is around this time next year.
yearly releases, you know? we're the new cod

Offhand meaning second weapon slot, probably fire gemmed

Could go Wheel/Tonitrus with 50/15/25/15/5/60

Quick anons, what are some of your favourite underrated tracks from the OST

Hardmode: Explain why you like it

God I hope not. I also hope they depart more from the soulslike formula on their new IP, they played it a little too safe in Bloodborne mechanically outside the combat.

Calling it now: FromSoft is gonna make Armored Core in the Souls style they've developed

Not sure if underrated but I like Laurence because it uses the Cleric Beast melody.

I also surprisingly like Living Failures, but I'm not sure why.

Maria's theme is the most overrated, come at me.

Living Failures. I don't see their theme getting much love. Maybe it's because they're not a particularly fantastic bossfight, but the theme is fantastic.

It's very reminiscent of Gustav Holt's 'Mars, Bringer of War'. I like their theme because, like Mars, it's very grandiose, imposing, imperial, even. It lends a sense of importance to them and they are important - I believe them to be the very experiments in making Celestial Emissaries, appearance and ability-wise. But the Failures are much, much stronger and have many more abilities. What I think they were, instead of mediums, they were one way communication devices, as it were, with the cosmos. Floodgates for cosmic wonder, but really little else, except a step in the right direction for the Byrgenwerth, and later the Healing Church's experiments.

Compare the themes

Mars, Bringer of War
youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk5frp6-3Q

Living Failures
youtube.com/watch?v=NiboHWwr12M

How would that work?
Controlling a 10m tall mecha that jogs around like a normal human would feel awful.

>for the Byrgenwerth
The Research Hall belongs to the Healing Church though, it has nothing to do with Byrgenwerth.

Amygdala. The similarities to Gehrman's theme or vice versa makes me think there's more to them than we know.

I always figured that since Burgertown is behind the Hamlet then the Hall belonged to them, but fair enough. In the end, it's all Burgertown's fault.

Lullaby for Mergo (Mergo's Wet Nurse)
youtube.com/watch?v=4uKdU19drsw

I like how much of a contrast it is to basically any other fromsoft track, it sounds like it belongs in some horror themed puzzle game (hell, I swear I heard something extremely similar in Fran Bow) than as a track to what is potentially the final boss.
On top of that it's just very unsettling, a perfect fit for whatever the fuck the nurse is supposed to be.

Is TNK the Orphan of DS3?

I didn't have much trouble with him. I don't know why everyone is hailing him as the hardest thing ever. Orphan is definitely harder.

He was just another dude in armor who's swings you had to dodge through. And he wasn't fast enough or aggressive enough to make doing that difficult.

In terms of being very hard bosses, yes.

In any other way, no, Nameless is a very precise boss that requires absolute pinpoint roll timing and knowing when he actually has an opening and when he's faking. Orphan is just a flailing fucker who flops around like a fish on crack.

My opinion is the same and I'm a relatively bad player. Orphan took me forever to beat solo and I'm a better BB player than I am Souls player. Orphan's second form is petty unpredictable and crazy sometimes, but in contrast you can reliably bait certain attacks for Nameless King.

Loran Darkbeast has a stupid pool of heath, gay stuff mang

>Nameless is a very precise boss that requires absolute pinpoint roll timing
He really isn't.

Orphan bad attacks and a move set that punished the hunter for doing what he should be doing. Delayed attacks that hit you through your dodge, righty as it ended it began, combos that were heavily telegraphed but have a long enough hit box to still hit you.

TNK is the same. He punishes the player for dodging too early or too late, no point in blocking him. First phase is easy. I'm just saying - they have similar styles that everything you've been through up until this point in the game means nothing to them.
A different genre of boss entirely.

Camerabeast a shit.

Worst boss.

>Camerabeast
Stop using lock on.

>not knowing his nickname is Loran Camerabeast

Stop being a fag.

Meme made by people who lock on, for people who lock on.

Or it's just a joke cause it's fun to name bosses. You sound uptight

Is this an okay Arcane build? What runes should I use?

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/16713

Can someone help me with the Loran Layer 3 boss? I'll be by the staircase leading to the boss room.

Password is awoo

>logarius wheel

Don't fall for the meme

Loran or Lower Loran?

Regular Loran.