/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

blini edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
imgur.com/a/idZBU
moddb.com/mods/ghost-land
pastebin.com/RdL4EQR0
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
pastebin.com/wULk4SEK
pastebin.com/r9sGEmZq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

K O T

O

T

Weaponsoup when?

It's diceless, but there's still stats. Want me to explain, I think it's actually a pretty cool system.

Please do.

>eotech is backwards
Just sold the gun, i'm too autistic to take that shit

Yeah you are autistic, it's a technique used by real operators who know what the fuck they're doing unlike you, kid.

what do you guys think of misery? I'm not really fond of the bullet sponge enemies

Alright, pk-a and 3d 1p78 attached to ak74: imgur.com/a/idZBU

1p78 texture is a little low quality but meh. 1pn93 needs more work to make 3d, xray didn't like what I did to it so I'm gonna have to do something else to make that 3d if people want it.

>imgur.com/a/idZBU
And obviously reticles are not correct and the 1p78 needs centering.

Basically, just about every aspect of the system is driven around roleplaying.Character creation/task resolution is as well.
As just a warning, not sure how much of this you should know as a player.
You start with a character and everyone gets 10 attribute points, which are supposed to represent skills your character has gained over his life. The recommended framework is 3 points learned from childhood, 3 from Youth and Education, 3 from Adulthood/ Career, and 1 for Talent/Hobby.
Older characters may be allowed more, younger ones less.

You put these into 8 different Attributes (Fitness, Alertness, Intellect, Willpower, Charisma, Education, Technical and Zone), each of which has 8 abilities to pick from tailored to that attribute.
Depending on how many points you put into each attribute, you get a different attribute score which represents your general skill in that area.
0 Points , 0 Attribute score: Ordinary
1-2 Points, 1 Attribute Score: Good, Talented
3-4 Points, 2 Attribute Score: Excellent
5-6 Points, 3 Attribute Score: Perfect
7-10 are available, but they're basically impossible and not even desirable.

The trick is, every attribute requires a character Drawback. This is something bad that happened involved in how you learned that, or just a general bane.
Maybe you used to be a skilled race car driver whos face was horribly burned in a crash. Maybe you are good with numbers, but that ended up with the Mob putting you on their hitlist. Maybe you've had trouble with the law and any more jail time would net you Life in prison. There's a good guide on making these in the book.

Task resolution works on a combination of how good the idea is, your skills, the equipment you have available, the conditions, how well you describe it, if the GM likes it/if you surprised him, etc. There's a full point system for grading these, but the game doesn't force it and the GM can at any time just roll a die for anything. Combat works similarly.

>every attribute requires a character Drawback
To correct myself, it's every attribute point. So 10 drawbacks for 10 skills. This is to prevent Mary Sue's and maintain the kind of flawed characters Roadside Picnic was full of.

You can sometimes overcome or get rid of drawbacks, as well as gain new talents/attributes, but they take time and a LOT of effort.
Also having a lot of Zone points tends to mess you up.

What the fuck is this weeb shit

People have ripped out the system just fine and it seems like it'd work so long as you have a good GM. I didn't have much space to elaborate on task resolution, but it's not as simple as I made it out to be.

it makes me glad I dont live in NYC when I see that picture
I dont even own an eotech but I know how it fucking goes on

I want to do a run of CoP using the Merge Mod, but the dev added a bunch of idiotic anomalies everywhere for no good reason. The only fix is apparently a fixed all.spawn from an Absolute Nature 3.01 that's not actually on the page for it. After some digging I saw someone say Cromm.Cruac had posted it on the forums, but I can't find that post anywhere. Does anyone know where to find the fixed Absolute Nature all.spawn?

Were you talking about it being out of place, or the system itself?

Former

How do I install CoCk without owning CoP?

You need to go remove your head from your body, asshat.

EYE CANCER: THE MOD

>He didn't link the previous thread.
NECK YOURSELF
Previous Dread:

thanks for that, really

Did you not know how to link to other threads user? I'm not gonna laugh or belittle you, I genuinely want to know.

i didnt make this fucking thread. was just thanking you for linking it.

Oh, okay then.

Guess the new patch in CoC removed the headbobbing or something. How do I restore it?

What mod?

kek

moddb.com/mods/ghost-land

TRIGGER WARNING

[GLASS SHATTERS]

not gonna lie. this mod looks pretty good

STCoP's creator deleted .50 AE for some reason

fucking why?

Probably because only one gun uses it which is not worth adding a whole new ammo type.

Ur mum already fixed it for me, thx bruh

Will OWR ever add any more weapons?
I really want to use it just because of the different reload animations where it'll chamber a round if the gun is completely empty but there's barely any guns in it

Nig the whole point of OWR is to NOT add more weapons.

I just want those dynamic reloads
Is there any chance of those being added to AO or is the mod creator a lazy asshole and will never do it?

>install OWR
>shitty scopes
>chambered round animations are okay
>empty chamber animations are Counter Strike tier vomit inducing
I don't think I ever unistalled a mod that fast.

>AO
>Mod creator
>E.Nigma
>mod creator

Nigma literally has zero skills whatsoever. AO is just a copy paste of other mods by actually competent people.

Game crashes every time I load a save. Tried reinstalling, didn't fix it. It says it can't find the save, even though its there in the folder.

Expression : new_only || no_assert && xr_strlen(game_name)
Function : CALifeUpdateManager::load
File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\alife_update_manager.cpp
Line : 274
Description : Cannot find the specified saved game
Arguments : Randy - quicksave

Frig off Randy

STCoP is the best weapon pack, currently, due to the mod creator actively updating it and making changes.

AO and OWR are simply maintained to be compatible with each new patch. They've both been abandoned by the original people who put them together.

that makes no sense

anyone else cap their FPS in the gpu control panel?

First for heart attacks

That's legitimately who its named after.

Frig off Donna, you ol' dirty bitch.

I am still requiring help with this error, please. Win7 x64, fresh CoC with latest patch.

* Detected CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz [GenuineIntel], F6/M10/S9, 3203.00 mhz, 27-clk 'rdtsc'
* CPU features: RDTSC, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HTT
* CPU cores/threads: 4/4

Initializing File System...
using fs-ltx fsgame_coc.ltx
FS: 44539 files cached 48 archives, 6167Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 1.704659 sec
'xrCore' build 6090, Oct 8 2015

EH: 61504A1D4CF1ECC1741FD118F9BE2E9E

-----loading e:\game\coc\gamedata\configs\system.ltx
-----loading e:\game\coc\gamedata\configs\system.ltx
Initializing Engine...
Starting INPUT device...
Loading DLL: xrRender_R2.dll
Loading DLL: xrRender_R3.dll

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : The requested COM interface is not available
[error]Function : CHW::CreateD3D
[error]File : ..\xrRenderDX10\dx10HW.cpp
[error]Line : 83
[error]Description : CreateDXGIFactory(__uuidof(IDXGIFactory), (void**)(&pFactory))

stack trace:

0023:005D6AB1 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::error()
0023:042C8AA5 xrRender_R3.dll, SupportsDX10Rendering()
0023:00437E8D xrEngine.exe, CEngineAPI::CreateRendererList()
0023:00469C1F xrEngine.exe, CApplication::CApplication()
0023:7761D58D ntdll.dll, RtlSetBits()
0023:7761CBA0 ntdll.dll, RtlEncodeSystemPointer()

There comes a point where something is finished and no longer needs updating. People simply don't want to spend all their time working on the same thing forever.
I think it's only more recently in this era of widespread internet access and better speeds that everyone expects an endless number of patches and additional content to everything now.

>There comes a point where something is finished and no longer needs updating
That clearly isn't AO's case and even OWR has a fuckton of room for improvement.

anyone?

change to dx9 or dx11

OK thanks, but I'm not sure how to do that with CoC without being able to get into the game.

>Keep trying to fix this
>Find some guy saying to change my appdataroot setting to exactly where the saves are
>Do that and now my settings don't save
>Search for a fix for that and it says to delete your user file
>Game isn't creating another one so settings are still not saving

Convince me Ukraine is not worth nuking.

Hey /sg/. I never tried Misery since I wanted to get some other not-as-popular mods under my belt first. Which version should I try from the repo?

gettinf bored of patrolling the agroprom almost wishing for a nuclear blowout. should I buy headgear from sakharov and explore the brain scorcher?

Read the OP and kys.

Ok, i just started playing AMK for the first time, and that first bloodsucker takes 200 5.56 rounds to the face and is ready to take more because I'm pretty much stuck on this part. Is it really supposed to be like this?

don't knifewounds to the head one shot bloodsuckers in AMK?
be a man

running as admin?

edit user.ltx
renderer renderer_r3

to
renderer renderer_r2.5

which is dx9

also you can try installing direct-x redistributables, then restarting.

Imagine Randy in the zone.

"I've opened a burger shop in cordon, you can't get a friggin burger here! I'll cook dog, boar, flesh, I'll make a friggin psuedogiant burger if you get me the meat!

brb giving it a shot

Sorry, had forgot to respond since that thread died. After I get the sights attached, which today I got four new sights (pk-a, 1p78, 1pn93, and ac10632), I will probably look into some mag mod stuff. The only issue is I can't make animations and I feel like reloading every bullet would get tedious as fuck (but I guess you could always make it reload two or three at a time to speed things up). The other option is to make some item that will bring up an interface to reload magazines. I'm not sure, I'll have to think on that further.

>using rifles against bloodcykas
Also AMK has special versions of mutants that do much more damage and can take fucktons of punishment as well. The different color gives it away.

I have, and I also know 2.1 was met with a bit of backlash. But there's version 1.1 and 1.1 + MSO. Just wanted some opinions on which one I should get if any changes warrant it.

>The other option is to make some item that will bring up an interface to reload magazines
Do that. Make so that reloading a round takes about a second and the animation is never shown. Play 7.62 High Calibre and shamelessly copy shit from that game if necessary.

be sure to right click stab

>Randy's tired of dealing with the boys' shit
>Hears about someplace out in the east where there's new types of creatures
>New meat that he must try
>Gets fit as fuck
>Heads off to monopolize the mutant burger industry

It would be awesome. Honestly, I've only seen bits of the show through my brother watching it near constantly, but i've always wanted to see the series last episode to go like this:
>Starts as regular episode
>hints in the background like radios and TV talking about rising tensions in america and Russia
>Shenanigans as usual
>Last 3/4 of the episode
>Ricky Goes "FUCK!"
>Atomic bomb goes off in the background
>Everyone stares in shock at the first serious moment in the series
>pulls a "The World's End" and shows the boys living it up in the wasteland that remains

Random CTD in CoP with AO

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CGameObject::net_Spawn
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\GameObject.cpp
[error]Line : 284
[error]Description : Level().Objects.net_Find(E->ID) == NULL

stack trace:

>psi storm/emission
>watching everyone drop their shit and sprint their asses off towards shelter

Finally got my CoCk to work. Went innaswamps with the boys. Got sent out to take out an entire bandit camp of cheekis. Slaughtered about 8 bandits without a single scratch on us. Got some new loot and nice cash from the boss. Was a good day.

Hello folks. How do I get Shadow of Chernobyl to actually make logs? I get the feeling my game/hard drive/computer/house/neighborhood is borked somehow because moving $app_data_root to a valid folder does not result in the relevant folder (STALKER-SHOC) ever being created.

What does the "k" stand for in CoCk. I'm assuming it's a mod for Call of Chernobyl?

post your file @ pastebin.com

then post it here

you probably just put it in there wrong

also check the bin folder to see if it made a duplicate folder there

yes it 's weid, but it has happened to me

I assume you mean fsgame.ltx, in which case here it is: pastebin.com/RdL4EQR0

Username is a stand-in for my actual log-on username. If I posted that, it would be trivial to discover my identity.

The first line initially read:

$app_data_root$=true|false|C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\

Unfortunately, because I am apparently a moron, I deleted Windows 7's default folder linkage that makes Public\Documents a valid address. Hence, changing the default is necessary.

I could not find it in the bin folder, although I see that .mdmp files are still being created as normal after a crash.

Thanks. Where is the user.ltx for CoC? It doesn't seem to be in anywhere in the CoC directory.

i moved all my files (screenshots, savegames, etc) to a folder named _appdata_ in the same directory the game is installed to.

i just have this line in my fsgame.ltx for SoC

$app_data_root$ = true| false| _appdata_\

i of course made a folder named as such.

i meant are you running the game as admin?? cuz you should be.

wherever you installed the game there should be a folder named _appdata_
in there.

try this too
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Huh, my _appdata_ just has the logs folder in it. Maybe someone could upload/paste their user.ltx for me? Thanks for your help.

Downloading what you linked now though. I'm always updating directx stuff and haven't had problems with any other games so I'm curious what's gone wrong.

I am running the game as admin, yes.

I just now copied the setup you said works for you.

$app_data_root$ = true| false| _appdata_\ then created an _appdata_ folder in the main directory and ran the game. There are still no logs being created!

However, I figured something else out. The game is apparently copying the relevant parts of the nonexistent crashlog to my clipboard automatically! Here's what I pasted when I went to paste $app_data_root$ blah blah:

Expression : error handler is invoked!
Function : handler_base
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
Line : 753
Description : std: out of memory

I didn't know it automatically copied to clipboard, but it's the best lead I have because I know I have NOT seen that error before and have NOT copied it to my clipboard. I'm puzzled, because I have 32GB, way more than enough to run multiple instances of any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game at once. Thanks for your help thus far.

Forgot to mention, I'm the chap from the last thread. I installed Joing Pak 2 by following this guide: pastebin.com/wULk4SEK

But it crashes immediately upon launch with that error I pasted.

here is my old user.ltx, i already changed the rendere to dx9, you will just need to edit your resolution to what your monitor supports
pastebin.com/r9sGEmZq

Hey guys quick question, I'm currently duty as fuck right now and was wondering whether it'd be worth to go hit up Nimble.
The only problem is I'm trying to adhere to bar-duty tier aesthetics with weapons meaning 5.45/7.62 or what ever slav shit there is.

So off hand does anyone know if Nimble sells anything down there worth looking at? And if not how about up North with whats his name and his guns for sale?

whats the install order for coc/ao/item soup and warfare plus the nature and structures texture packs?

Thanks a lot for your help.

>100000000000th playthrough of soc amk
>get to 100 rads gate
>"help mutants coming soon"
>mutants are right in front of us in about 3 seconds
>everyone bum rushes them
>they lose 1 or 2 guys
>still manage to kill them
>"WHAT THE FUCK STALKER U ARE USELESS NO REPUTATION POINTS!1!1!!"

This game still has it's moments even after countless playthroughs.

>First
pennis
also dicke and balls

Does anyone know anything about this error? I have installed Joint Pak 2 using this guide: pastebin.com/wULk4SEK

>Expression : error handler is invoked!
>Function : handler_base
>File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\xrDebugNew.cpp
>Line : 753
>Description : std: out of memory

I have 32 GB of RAM, so that's not the problem.

>kill all of the boars with a well placed F-1
>still get shittalked
>get the reward
I don't think that they even bothered with recording the lines for when you kill all of the boars.

just start over.
Shadow of Chernobyl 1.0006 WW edition
and dont forget to start stalker before you install mod (#2)

I followed it per instructions. WW means worldwide right? That's exactly what I used. This is the third time following that guide's instructions without success.

>>First

CTD when sokolov joins the squad to go to prip in CoP with AO

* Saving spawns...
* Saving objects...
* 14165 objects are successfully saved
* Game marin - sokolov joins the squad.scop is successfully saved to file 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\_appdata_\savedgames\marin - sokolov joins the squad.scop'

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : !object->used_ai_locations() || ai().level_graph().valid_vertex_id(object->m_tNodeID)
[error]Function : CALifeSwitchManager::add_online
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\alife_switch_manager.cpp
[error]Line : 64
[error]Description : Invalid vertex for object
[error]Arguments : sim_default_stalker_239767

stack trace:

do they even test these patches?

I guess not, i'm 0/10 at reading slav coding, any clues?