/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Rhodok benis edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

NEW BANNERLORD VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/14
youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo
youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/xQq8jLch
M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>Recommended new player's first mod:
DIPLOMACY vanilla or this one (adds upstab and more)
mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy Modded.7z

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Carribean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10099807
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=116424.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

I claim this thread for the Kingdom of Sturgia

3rd for give up already.

Not until the original Cao Cao poster returns or until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

does anybody else get a chubby when knocking out peasant/refugee womyn?

>floris animations

ded already

>spar with matheld and ymira
>no clothes
>beat the shit out of them with my phallic weapon
thanks based freud

is there a mod that makes it possible to hire peasants as mercs?
or adds some better ways to get peasants than attacking farmer parties or getting them from bandits

probably, i know some mods add slavers in taverns as possible mercs
wouldn't be hard to do either

floris has something like that, except they're freelance recruits. it's like the custom knighthood order from PooP.

>PooP
are you proud of yourself?

hownew.ru

Any day now

People need to stop coddling these people ffs

>those +/- votes
fucking hell

this is still the same update that they promised in august/september LAST YEAR it's fucking ridiculous

Playing warband for the first time
Seeing as it's a game where you build up a merc army and take over shit , two questions
1. Is a Griffith run possible ?
2. Does the game ever end? I know your army can die, but you don't,

Dude stop being so impatient jeez

urgh I just can't even talk to you right now kiddo

I mean c'mon its 2016 grow up!

Just 10 more days!

I don't read Berserk. What would count as a 'Griffith Run'?

The game does not end. You cannot die. If your army dies, just recruit a new army. Even if you conquered the whole map, the game would still go on, though you would have nothing to do.

> Griffith run
A very feminine man with ridiculously high ambition and drive to become king playing a one man game of thrones to become king

Well, you can become king. You can become a Lord under a king and then betray him to become king yourself and fight against the whole world. Need more right to rule to prevent people form considering you a bandit, though.

sounds possible

To be fair the INT skills aren't what you'd imagine from a fedora

Aye, fedoras have 6 strength and 2 in power tipping

reminder that no matter what faction you pick for your first playthrough, Battania MUST be the first ones to be genocided

I hate when people use things like
>maybe, just maybe
for effect while lecturing somebody in a forum post.

It's like a brony's idea of public speaking.

Reminder that no matter what, the Empire MUST be exterminated for stealing rightful Battanian clay.

>wiccan
I want this word to die

It's just another word for Celtic Paganism.

teach me to be good at strategy

i have no problem wiping the floor with enemies on my own, but i can't play without 1/2 damage to friendly units because I'm a dumb shitter

help

>Wicca, also termed Pagan Witchcraft, is a contemporary Pagan new religious movement.
No

How the fuck can people still defend the Warsword team?

The only excuse they have at that point is that Sanders spends more time being an autistic faggot than coding.

Archers in a line, infantry in a square, cavalry charge in a line
That's literally all you need to know

Yes. Wicca is just Celtic Paganism.

Then how do you explain this
>Celtic Wicca – a loose syncretism of Wicca and Celtic mythology.

Why are they called Wiccans? Also what are the battanians in Warband?

Wikipedia telling lies. Wicca is just Celtic Paganism.

Battanians are Celts, so most of them obviously follow Celtic Paganism/Wicca. However, we need to differentiate between the loyal Wiccan Battanians and those Battanians that went to work for the Empire.

Unfortunately, the Wiccan Battanians do not survive into Warband, so it is a good thing we can change history in Bannerlord!

How long will it take before people start ignoring me? I mean, I even named my image "shitposting".

see I also recommend moving around with your cavalry because the enemy sometimes charges towards your cavalry instead of your infantry.

If you are fighting an enemy camped on top of a hill, dismount your horsement, move around the hill and slaughter them from behind the hill (most satisfying thing ever, especially against silly dwarves while playing chaos).

If your enemy is approaching over a hill, either move away to another hill or distance yourself as much as possible before setting up lines or archers.

It's also good to constantly harrass your enemy with cavalry if you've got a good amount. I also like to ride behind the enemy, wait till they get close to my infantry and sandwich them between cavalry and infantry.

Also, situational awareness, don't just kill random stuff, try to see which units need rescuing and which units you need to specifically destroy on your own.

In Warsword conquest I often ride in front of intimidating enemy cavalry to lure them into chasing me as I pick them off so my infantry can take a breather.

But if I start ignoring you I wont get my (you)'s

>changed the map AGAIN

bring back the old pre-warband map pls

The map is basically just the same, just with more territory to the east and south.

Warband is non-canon

Basically the same if you forget the fact that half the factions managed to chisel down all their mountains in the time between bannerlord and warband

Is there any confirmation of this? It really was the early roots of this franchise along with Mount and Blade. I felt like the lore was just extra things added in and that it was mostly a test of the gameplay.

>Is there any confirmation of this?
Well, since we're getting Bannerlord of course Warband becomes ''non-canon'', as we'll be able to alter the events that happen before and leading up to Warband.

Besides, as you said, the 'lore' in Warband was just an extra thing they didn't put much thought into. There's already tons of retcons in Bannerlord

Well they have a lot of canon shit in Elder Scrolls and many other game franchises that don't always follow what the player does since there are so many choices. It's a normal thing. How I processed it in my mind was that the Swadians took over the empire and that the Battanians didn't like Swadian (Vlandian) rule so they fled south and allied with the Southern Empire remnants, becoming the Rhodoks. Makes a lot of sense desu. The Vaegirs came from the north, as said by Alayen.

Bannerlord is a pre-quel so I still don't take out the possibility of Warband being canon. It's kind of interesting, cool and annoying to see an inland sea north of the Sarranid lands in Bannerlord. Travelling will be a fucking bitch.

>Bannerlord is a pre-quel
''Prequel'' just to make people understand Bannerlords setting for those who've already played Warband.

The game really is a reboot, by every measure. There's more retcons than not-retcons

Did Taleworlds confirm it's a reboot or are you just saying that by the feeling they've given you?

Are you autistic?

What is the lore of bannerlord? Is it in the same land as 1? What is the canon ending of 1

Is this what r*ddit looks like?

You're retarded.

Right. Enjoy your sanbox ''prequel'' game then.

I wasn´t following bannerlord stuff for a long time

You started an argument over an innocent question lmao. Silly.

Canon ending of 1 is that the Kingdom of the Rhodoks naturally dominated their enemies and reformed the Calradian Empire. However, the nobles hated Emperor Graveth's heir (you), and so opened a portal through time, throwing the heir to the past. Then you enter character creation.

This. It's fucking stupid that cunts expect everyone to have read up on all the updates like some sort of nerd.

No no, by all means. Enjoy your sandbox prequel, I'm sure the events in Bannerlord canonically tie into Warband from a lore perspective, despite retconning virtually everything said and seen in Warband except the name Calradia.

You're on /mbg/ not reddit lad, people here are expected to be Mountain Blade nerds, not normies

>still spouting autism over a question that triggered you

Get over it faggot. I was just wondering if it was a real retcon or just a prequel with name differences cos of lore history.

Reminder.

kys

Get out of my anime imageboard normie

>pre-warband map

Why the fuck would you be in /mbg/ if you care so little about M&B? The updates are like once every 3 fucking months, you don't have to be very dedicated to keep up.

See

>telling me to see a post that was made after my post

Reminder for your favorite faction (Rhodoks)
strawpoll.me/10099807

*to vote for your favorite faction

In PoP if I have say 50 empire noble recruits and I switch culture to old Pendor will I have 50 Pendor Noble recruits or will it reset to 0?

>people actually like rhocowards
kek
KEK

I suppose it reminds them of themselves as Rhodoks running to their castles to hide is like rhodok players running to their basements to hide from their bullies

What's the best overhaul mod? Still Floris?

>still Floris
>implying floris was ever best

I don't think there was anything else back when I played, there was some kind of viking shit and that was it IIRC. Haven't touched the game in a long time.

>I don't think there was anything else back when I played, there was some kind of viking shit and that was it IIRC.
What am I reading

If you mean by "Griffith run" as in, start with nothing, make a merc company, be betrayed by the kingdom you served because you couldn't keep it in your pants, to later butcher your own companions after they rescue you so then you can become a rapey demon of leather then you start making your own kingdom.

In some degree?

Ye

Idiotic 4channer.

If anything, Rhodoks are the ultimate anti-bullies.

They stood up to the Swadian noble bullies and defeated them, even though they had inferior numbers and inferior troop quality.

reddit go

Man, I'm having a difficult time right now.

I've conquered all Swadian cities for Isolla (well, all except Dhirim which is whoring between Rhodoks and Nords constantly), and the Swadians are reduced just to a few castles and villages.

Yet at the same time there's this cute Nord tomboy girl called Lady Kaeteli, who's already 75+ (Loyal) to me. I can't marry her because I am not a Nord, but whenever I see her gold hair when I pay for a Ficki visit, I do wish we could elope together...

But then all the effort I've put into getting into Isolla's pants will be for naught!

What should I do?

post Knights

Well that's weird.

I just talked to her dad, and after training 5 Nord Huscarls for him as a tribute, he went to 15+ (Welcoming) towards me, and he told me he's alright with it and he'd gladly watch a Swadian bull fuck his blonde haired Nordic daughter, if it's me.

So we don't even have to elope, we can just marry normally.

Now my penis really doesn't know what to do... help.

floris or diplomacy?

mbg is now filled with reddtards

Do you want a questionable overhaul or a practically objective improvement to the base game?

Diplomacy.

What makes diplomacy better, specifically?

I'm not disagreeing, mind you, I think floris is pretty questionable as far as an improvement goes.

>katana
shit

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=116424.0

>My guess is it will be in a releasable state by the end of next week and probably will be released at the end of the following week.

>they keep getting away with false promises and people still defend them

Not the same guy, Personally I use Floris Evolved, but most people don't like Floris because of the massive amount of mods it adds, and the fact that its troop trees aren't the most balanced.
And probably the fact that it's one of those "everything in the middle ages was brown and near-black dark green" mods.

What are the most fun multiplayer modes?

So are there other modpacks similar to floris? Maybe more customizable? I like a lot of the stuff it adds, but the aesthetic and animations are really starting to wear on me.

Banerlord?

As I said, I use Floris evolved, it doesn't have the animations, nor the dark and damp aesthetic
And most of the gameplay options can be changed inside the mod options.

what mod is that
link please

Reddit doesn't even like m&b they like witcher and skyrim

The m&b forum on there only has like 5k subscribers