/lzg/ Lab Zero General (Skullgirls & Indivisible)

Previous Thread: >INDIVISIBLE STUFF

>NEWS FEEDS
Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade is out! Comes with voiced story mode, challenges, trials and survival mode!
Official Website: indivisiblegame.com/index.php?page=0
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g/feed?&ab_channel=IndivisibleRPG

>LATEST NEWS
New video from Lab Zero
youtu.be/qsE4qdHSTyY

>SKULLGIRLS STUFF

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT INFINITE COMBOS, WATCH THIS: youtube.com/watch?v=iKsyy_RhN_4

>FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Combos to get you started: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/general-bnb-compendium.4072/
New to Fighting Games: pastebin.com/hnvQMbXz

Skullgirls Info: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides/

>FAQ AND OTHER INFO:
FAQ: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullgirls-faq-updated-to-not-be-ancient.386/
Steam Chart: steamcharts.com/app/245170
/sgg/ album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip

>FORUMS:
Official Skullgirls Forum: skullheart.com
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/SaltCrossPuns
For Australians: steamcommunity.com/groups/SGAUTZ
Skullheart IRC: client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#skullgirls&server=irc.mizuumi.net '

>GAME UPDATES: (Game is done being updated but we can keep this I guess)
Live Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/245170/announcements/
Beta Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/

>OFFICIAL MERCH:
EightySixed: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
Sanshee: sanshee.com/

>OFFICIAL STREAMS:
Lab Zero (Random), Salty! or Rebel Up (Fridays), Saturday Night Salt
skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?streams

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/447510
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28758884
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
twitter.com/tekitouaction/status/719008082047557632
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The struggle is real!

which sg is the friendliest

Carol and Filia, ez.

Also Minette

I imagine Cerebella is pretty friendly if Vitale hasn't told her to beat you up, and Fortune's probably pretty nice if you're not a mafia.

Squigly is quite friendly

So Skullgirls had more players at NWM than MKX? That's pretty cool.if it's true. Hopefully the Combo Breaker numbers are good too.

SG is the kind of game that will always gather a crowd at tourneys. It may not be much, but it is there.

Will the PC version ever get the 2nd Encode upgrade?

b8?
Right here: store.steampowered.com/app/447510

Oh I thought the OP was talking about the PS4 and Vita version.
>$15 for the upgrade
I thought'd it be at least a $5 for people who own the game but $15? I know LZ needs the money but, fuck man.

Also I already own all the characters and Color DLC from the Free period. I don't want to pay for them again.

I want to get detention with Mrs Victoria

I feel like some people pick on Skullgirls because it's an easy target. It's a new IP, has a unique artstyle w/ sexy girls, and a modest scene with only a couple popular players. So even when a big crowd gets behind it consistently like this, it still never gets the overall respect it deserves. Most of the people dissing it aren't even trolls, they've just been trained to believe it's safe to use SG as a punchline.

Like, I bet if players like Justin Wong or Maximilian streamed it regularly, and frequently said it was a good game to people, there wouldn't be half the ignorant shit said about it out there. More people would probably even stick around for SG streams just so they could tell Max on Twitter about the "hype" thing they saw. It wouldn't matter if they played the game or not, since most people don't play these games anyway.

You know what they say, "If it isn't SF or MvC, it's shit"

Obviously this is quite a generalization, but the point is that having a brand name goes a long way.

You missed out on the discount, man. Gotta stay current.

And it's not even about them needing the money, it's about the costs associated with the DLC.
Sony funded the 2nd Ecnore stuff after all, and buying studio time for a cast of 20 professional voice actors isn't cheap.
I bet LZ barely even sees a dime from each sale. Most of the $$$ is probably going to Sony and Autumn's pockets.

I'm glad Max doesn't play this game honestly.

What was the discount? How long ago was it? I guess I'll pick it up during the Summer Sale

It was for the first week only, I believe it was 10 dollars then.

>I feel like some people pick on Skullgirls because it's an easy target.

Or maybe it's because it's a 3vs3 with a small as fuck roster and series of bad decisions regarding gameplay,

Its roster would only be a problem if the game didn't let you manage your teams the way it does.

I'd rather it didn't and just focused either on bringing lotsa characters for 3v3 or staying at current size for 1v1. These halfway measures they have don't help in the slightest.

I wish this busty goddess taught me maths. I would have actually leaned something about quadratic equations.

I see your point. It's not a flawless system, but I think it can work.

>Cerebella will never confess to you her real name

Make it stop, I beg you

>Cerebella will never leave the Mafia
>Cerebella has a high chance of at least getting maimed by Eliza or Peacock depending on the canon story SG has
>Cerebella will likely try to kill Fortune

See, that's the kind of comment we're talking about.

MvC1 was 2v2 with only 16 characters, a handful of literally broken palette swaps, and a ton of glitches. That shit cost $30 new at the store and was a lot of fun, but I'll be damned if SG doesn't age better than that game.

And "bad decisions regarding gameplay" might as well be the staple phrase for MvC3 and the last two MK's. ToDs and X-Factor on one side, and Vortex-land, worthless supers, and guaranteed "broken on day1" DLC on the other.

Oh, but resets are the real problem, right? ,
lol have you seen these Kens and R Mikas? SFV is fuckn reset CENTRAL, and three good ones in that game for a couple hits usually means stun and the round, along with free meter. In the world's most popular new FG, resets are king!

But yeah, SG is bad cuz small roster or MikeZ or something. It's SG so just say whatever and it's magically true!

Stop it user. I just want to save her from all this

I'm a different user, but we can be glad that new characters were added in the first place. This game nearly flopped when it was announced, and went through all sorts of trouble during its first few years, barely getting any recognition.

>attacked Ben on the suspicion of Mafia association

Girl was under a lot of stress at the time.

Actually, the game didn't flop. It apparently sold better than SFV did on launch day. They'd have probably had the funds for DLC without the IGG until Autumn was bopped by the lawsuit. That's why Squigly was already like, a 1/4 finished on Mike's computer before the IGG happened.

But yah, I'm very glad they were able to support the game. It definitely would have died without the IGG and PC release.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28758884

new week means more streams.
cool screenshot and spear stuff last week.
maybe kusarigama this week?

>Sagan in Annie's mouth

That's lewd.

Who's got the best unused Alt Ending?

He used to but he did not like how the game was reset heavy and the fact that there were no dudes/it was anime.

I don't think he's played it since Vanilla has he? None of his videos seem to have the Undizzy bar. Vanilla Skullgirls was pretty bad. Actual Touch of Deaths with no resets needed. Even Mike considered it bad.

>implying anyone actually prefers MvC1 over 2 or 3

Why'd you bring that game up? It doesn't help your arguement at all. Do you want me to remember how busted release Skullgirls was with its 8 characters and suggested 3v3s?

>And "bad decisions regarding gameplay" might as well be the staple phrase for MvC3 and the last two MK's.
>lol have you seen these Kens and R Mikas? SFV is fuckn reset CENTRAL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Yeah basically Vanilla. I think the Indiegogo was still going on when he played it.

Now that I think about it Vanilla and 2nd Encore are almost completely different?

I remember when there were no command lists too. People were really peeved about this.

God damn I want that squigly figure so bad

Quadratics were easy though nigga

I was pissed off and people had a right to be. It wasn't the 90s where you had to guess what moves you had.

I can't even remember the reason why they said it launched with no movelist.

No, all the money made by Skullgirls sales got invested into the publisher's lawsuit defense. It was only about 2 years after Skullgirls got released that Lab Zero STARTED to get paid a small portion from every sale from then on. Autumn has no money. They had to lay off the devs 6 months before the game released.

Skullgirls was a massive success for an underfunded Indie game, but yielded very little monetary rewards for the devs. In fact it did the opposite, putting many of them into debt, thanks to the publisher. Autumn isn't able to fund anything right now, that's why fans had to help fund it jsut to be able to get the game finished.

Games like Street Fighter or Tekken have such massive corporate giants backing them compared to Skullgirls, along with being in the industry longer and having their products in the spotlight for decades, so of course they have more resources and overall business success.

Also, Skullgirls was born under an unlucky star.

Time and money. There were still bugs and balancing issues, so they spent more time fixing those things instead of doing pretty UI stuff. The game was already massively underfunded by the publisher, the devs weren't even getting paid at the time, they just wanted to deliver the game. Personally I'd rather have movelists I can look up online rather than having missing attacks or broken characters/animations.

I guess that makes sense but I hope they don't get screwed with 505 Games.

I think it's because he was a delinquent. As a kid he couldn't learn quadratic equations from his teachers because he was 2√(2b^2).

He was too radical to be squared.

Ok, that was pretty good user. Hats off to you, sir!

>He was too radical to be squared
10/10

But is it √(a^2+b^2)2b^2 ?

Hey, I get it

>Impressive...
>Your arithmetic skills have greatly improved.
>I'm marking you up to a B+

>Not bad user

Jesus what is it that makes her so appealing

It's the milf factor.

I want to get my face shoved between her thighs

i want to fuck liam

beowulf is shipped with everyone.

It's funny because his canon waifu is the Hurting

He's got quite a handful there!

Peacock shouldn't be that smug in her undies.

They released it so they wouldn't be like what Mighty No9 is now.

I am not for lewd!

twitter.com/tekitouaction/status/719008082047557632

Being Eliza's pet must not be too bad.

You can't go wrong

It may not be ideal, but at least it's better than being wrapped up waiting for god knows what.

For forceful removal of Samson from FIlias head, you silly.

Probably for when Eliza finds a guy she likes and puts Samson over him. Then Sekhmet can be his Queen, Eliza gets to be a Queen, and those guys probably don't get a say in the matter.

more mature girls please

What do you mean by mature?

Regina

Quite refined taste

Is her nose meant to be that big? Any larger and she'll be reaching "Shlomo Goldstein" proportions.

She has quite a pronounced nose, but maybe not that big

>Regina's nose
There is a Life of Brian joke to be made here.

Regina's nose isn't really big, it's just the size of a normal human's nose, as opposed to the little triangle noses the other girls get.

Actually, I remember the lady that used to talk on Salty Cupcakes streams for Eightysixed, when they announced new t-shirt designs, she had a nose like Regina's. She was hella cute too.

Marie is sweaty!

It's not even summer yet

As far the game goes, she can shoot enemies with the arrows, but she can only damage them up to half life.

seems like you would want to shoot every enemy to half health before battling them which seems kind of tedious

when your friend combos so hard he busts his keyboard

tfw wore off the down and back signs on arrow keys

Is that the hitbox layout? I'm used to emulator, so anytime I played keyboard I just stuck to the default ASDFZXCV+Arrows style.