/twg/ - Total War General

Pagoda edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

Old bread

First for pagodas

What is Charlemagne so sad about?

1st for comfy borders.

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

What do you all think of the Ancient Empires submod for Divide et Impera?

>3 weeks, 1 day and 13 hours

The comfiest borders.

Remind me, who cucked the world?

Scipio coming for your ass, you better watch out.

GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!

11th for hussars

>Lizardmen still not announced.

Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmin wuz his.

Ah! Scipio Africanus! A good Aksum general!

>Gondor
ded

xth for fucking pagodas again

Whats wrong friend? Don't you like pagodas?

Xth for Brets not even winning at what they are supposed to win at

Is it wrong to like a little variety in my OPs?

Yes, welcome to total pagoda general.

Basically the state of the tabletop to be honest.

There will probably be balance changes and shit, especially regarding Bretonnia as they're released.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

What are some good submods for Divide et Impera (for Rome 2)?

uninstall.exe

Attila

The uninstall submod.

Attila

GW was never good at balancing anything. But the game should be able to balance appropriately. Nice thing about the digital medium.

Bret knight have to be the best cav or else that faction is doomed... like it is on the table.

Didn't his pappy just die?

Ha, Bretonnia fags btfo.

Can somebody tell me if Empire is really THAT bad?
Seen a lot of hate here, and I'm interested in playing it.

Is Napoleon a decent substitute?

They say Empire has the better campaign and Napoleon has the better battle play.

I enjoyed what Empire I did play, but then I have a boner for the Georgian era.

I suspect people just didn't like the change from the melee based gameplay they were used to.

Empire has a grander campaign with it being probably the largest of any total war

Napoleon is just set in europe but the actual battle mechanics are alot tighter and better

Like he said Napoleon has no real grand campaign and you'll find yourself getting bored of it even though it has better mechanics.

Just get DarthMod for Empire and have fun the game is fine, people like to hate, man.

Wait, can you NOT get a Divine Triumph if you don't get both a military AND a cultural victory?

Please someone, anyone help me out here. I've spent like a week and a half on this damn campaign, if I found out I've been working towards something unachievable anyways I'm going to flip my shit.

Hey guys, I just got Stainless Steel 6.3, and it works fine aside from the occasional UI bug. I tried patching to 6.4 but it did that crash on launch bug that people supposedly have. Should I even bother patching to 6.4 or am I good with 6.3?

Gotta get both.

>mfw
Fuck are you kidding me? I've been playing out this ERE campaign for an extra few days when I lost out on the cultural victory a long ass time ago by teching civics too quickly?

God fucking damn it all. That was a huge chunk of my weekend.

Sorry, mate. You wasted your weekend.

Can anyone offer any tips for playing as Rome with DeI and the Ancient Empires submod? I start out at war with both Carthage and Syracuse, the latter having been strengthened by the map changes.

inb4 asinine meme responses from the resident man-children

Well damn man, thanks for at least letting me know and not saying like "Yea, buddy keep going for it! It's right around the corner!" or some shit.

Guess it is time for a new campaign.

pls respond

RE-POSTAN FOR MORE DISCUSSION

CA wants your opinion on the next historical TW game setting. They have already decided to wait on Medieval 3, so it isn't an immediate option.

They offer you some popular suggestions and ask for your take on which you feel would be the most successful and why. These popular suggestions include:
>Total War: Three Kingdoms
>Total War: Warring States
>Total War: Renaissance
>Total War: Empire II
>Total War: Kahnate
>Total War: Victoria
>Total War: Tribalism

You can also offer your own, unique take on a new total war game.

What do you do?

Victoria. Include a few non-Euro countries that can modernize and eventually dominate the map, like China or Ethiopia.

Last thread, it seemed like Victoria and Empire 2 were the most popular choices with a Chinese TW coming in 2nd place.

Has anyone made a straw poll?

>Tribalism
Like, man, that's really vague. Native Americans? African tribes prior to the Scramble for Africa? Proto-European tribes?

Shogun 3

European tribals before the black man arrived and gave them knowledge.

Ah yes. The ancient story of Romulus and Jamal.

Not that I've seen.

It is too vague honestly, I had initially meant African tribes but a game focused on Native Americans (both North and South American tribes) could be interesting.

Romulus was the name of an ancient Sub-Saharan African. Jamal was part of the "Romani" Tribe in Italy. Romulus did his best to give Jamal knowledge of architecture, art, military tactics, and language. Jamal killed Romulus later, stabbing him in the back, just like how all white men stab black men in the back after using them. After this, Jamal took the name "Romulus" and spread the knowledge to the other "Romani" that the name Jamal, and names like it, were for Africans.

The same thing as rome 2 is to attila. The whole game should have been ported over but won't be because muh shekels goyim

Hey, just bought fots. I'm playing satsuma for the first campaign, should I be attacking Imperial clans on Kyushu once the shogun guys are ded?

The Choshu grabbed some provinces and I don't know if I should attack them. Is there realm divide in fots, or is it more like your allegiance has to fight off the other guys, republic seems like vanilla realm divide

I want Empire II so bad.

Superior taste:
>Empire II
>Victoria
>Renaissance

Weeb shit tier:
>Three Kingdoms
>Mongols
>Warring states

Literally what:
>Tribalism

Pike and shot

>stand and shooty

wow.... yeah.. go for..... ZzzzZzzzzzzzzz........

Seems to be the general consensus anyways. Most people want Victoria or Empire 2 next but would be equally content with Renaissance.

If that isn't possible for some reason, people would also accept a Chinese-based Total War but seemingly only as a fallback or just-in-case secondary option.

No one seems to give a shit about Tribalism because it would have the least (if any) documented history about it to go on. It also wouldn't necessarily have "formations" in the same way a regular total war game would so it may even be too different from the spirit of the gameplay to try.

Most alternative suggestions have been shit or fallen within a timeline that could be included in the other games.

You have still given zero indication as to what you're referring to when you say "tribalism".

see
I initially meant it as an African Tribes forming into Kingdoms kind of game. CA would likely be able to re-use a lot of assets from Attila.

>Implying Total War: Ooga Booga wouldn't be amazing

help

Nigga, why did you claim the Shogunate early?

The only difference between lines exchanging fire and lines mashing together are muh combat animations.

Do you like mosh pits, user? This is how you get mosh pits.

>Posting Hime

Restart

daily reminder that the next historical total war will be reused garbage and it will sell like shit and CA will drop the historical premise altogether

Kill yourself my man.

>ooga booga

Nice retort bro!
Upvote

What kind of idiot conquers Kyoto before even having the realm divide?
7 provinces is way too few to cause a realm divide, especially as ikko ikki.
You should incite revolts and then conquer a province, rebel provinces dont give much Fame.
You also better let your towns accumulate towngrowth before doing shit.

Who should be the first major DLC faction release (aside from Bretonnia's campaign to make them complete, obviously) once Warhammer drops, /twg/?

My vote is for Skaven.

I have a suspicion it is going to be Wood Elves though just because of proximity to the rest of the factions and to shut the "b-but where are the elves?!" people the fuck up.

Pontus

Why do Chaos Warriors get 3 Legendary Lord choices while everyone else only gets 2?

Shouldn't they just make it 3 for everyone to start with?

It'll almost certainly be the Woodelves.
I don't feel the Skaven should appear to early on.
Should have the entire map available before the most threatening faction appears. The fact that the provinces are really large and bland down there also argues against their immediate inclusion.

Is this official or fan art?

I believe Chaos were planned to be DLC but they brought it forward to be part of the release. I think they want 3 for everyone, and plan to allow for this through their free updates.

So the model would be everyone with 2, everyone updated up to 3; Chaos appears also with 3. But that went out of order along the way.
It isn't really an issue.

It's obviously fan art. Great horned rat has very distinct red eyes, warpstone glow doesn't change this.

Honestly I haven't played Shogun 2 in over a year, much less the Ikko Ikki

>Ikko Ikki
Die, fucking scum.

Who do you think the 3rd Legendary Lord will be for Empire, Dwarfs, Orks, and VC? Also for that matter who will the 2nd and 3rd LL for Brettonia be?

My guess is one of Brettonia's LL will be Morgiana Le Fay.

The rest I'm not sure though, I mean Konrad Von Carstein is already dead by the time the game takes place, yea?

I believe they will take some liberties with the chronology, it isn't the End Times simulator; could have Konrad.

I feel that we'll probably get Valten for Empire, not sure about Orcs or VC. And I'll be damned if I ever pay any shred of attention to the manlets.

For the dwarfs, my bet is on Thorek Ironbrow.

wanna co-op?

Orcs 3rd Legendary Lord confirmed to be Garrosh Hellscream

>warring states
Which warring states?

Total War: Warhammer 2

Fuck you historyfags.

>next historical game
>posts a confirmed fantasy game
0 points desu

You missed the part where I said "fuck you".

Fantasy is here to stay, get used to it.

Nothing in the original post implied that fantasy was on its way out. What're you so worked up about?

I'm worked up about how hype it is that TW is fantasy forever now and your history bullshit is history.

Why are you so angry about history? They'll probably just stagger releases and make both now.

>responding to low quality bait
user please.

I'm bored and extremely thirsty.

EMPIRE 2 FUCKING WHEN?!

Return of Med II's interesting traits when

Return to Medieval 1's better campaign when?

Why was Med 1's campaign better