/ywg/ - Yokai Watch General #37

Rank /ss/ Edition

Last thread: Yo-kai Watch has been released for EU!
nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/April/YO-KAI-WATCH-Your-Questions-Answered-1102349.html

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
We're actually working on sprucing this baby up. Feel free to contribute!

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit#gid=1467571856
docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform
pastebin.com/RFjLXGH2
youtube.com/watch?v=fXFPyApc4XU
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/291301-What-s-with-people-saying-Yokai-Watch-looks-out-of-place
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here are all the /ywg/ friend codes!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTtdPzl115dkQABI4-1B90X_11pZydUSzMJJ-XN6XlI/edit#gid=1467571856

Submit yours here!
docs.google.com/forms/d/17q988zozFzK7tlwx9-A9-_7v4TIZlNE1NTFmaaR1TeU/viewform

First for shotas are the best

Little late to start a new thread. Late stateside anyway.

Hows the show?

pastebin.com/RFjLXGH2

Still in-progress

It's a decent comedy. Really brings some life to the series and world

Good cute fun.

Not sure genre wise, but i guess something like supernatural episodic comedy.

Yeah they are.

Bloominoko soultimate level 2! Now i'm going to be a billionaire!

no one can complain about battles in YW3. I can't fucking wait for it just because of the battle system.

That new grid mechanic has me intrigued how it's going to work. I wonder if it'll be like Evolution's, this old dreamcast game i played.

It is actually Ni No Kuni's Original DS verion's battle system, another game made by level - 5.

Aah, never played it. But it does look like an interesting addition. Do you know how it played like the basics of it?

>you now get 10 extra ymoney with each soultimate use
Niko's taiiiil!

For the most part it was a turn based battle system, but you could move your characters in the battlefield to avoid enemy attack. You could place them literally anywhere on the map and that would determine their actions. It's gonna be interesting to see it happen in real time.

meant for

In wibble wobble every unit of ymoney is valuable. In the stage i tested it out in using roughly the same score and testing 3 of his soultimates compared to none i got like 50 extra. At least i dont think the little difference in score would change it that much.

McKracken will make it real obvious though, since he gives you so much and i tend to end the fight with almost the same score every time.

If that's how it goes it sounds like it will be, and depending on how it meshes with the previous mechanics it might help you control exactly what your youkai do. Like ones in the back rank use their techniques while the front use physical attacks.

I'm just guessing anyway but it sounds like it could be really good. And yeah if it does happen in real time like now it could make for some pretty fast paced battles.

And can be kind of odd and unintentionally funny how the show and games are kind of the same canon but dont in some ways.

are there any passwords out for eu?
every password I type in doesn't work.
also whats with those yokai criminals that guy talked about? he said they drop letters but I never found a criminal or a letter I guess.

How many recolors and fusions is Usapyon going to get, I wonder?

Over 9000

So far busters have him wearing a scuba outfit, football, racing, and military outfit

Usapyon can fuse with Roughraff. Don't forget about his Emperor recolor!

so it has already begun...

At least 10 in 3 alone

USApyon group teaming up with komasan clan to take on jibanyan army sidegame when?

Yocriminals are scattered throughout springdale. You'll have to find out where they are, but they run fast. Talk to them 3 times to get a part of a password.

It sounds like EU does have different passwords. Someone may have to datamine them to find out the new ones

tl;dr: good luck

They're gonna need a bigger team...

Why stop at billion?

It's hard to find a humanized Jibanyan that doesn't look adorable.

I cannot fucking wait for the game. These designs combined with the new battle system, I am buying a Japanese 3DS XL ASAP.

What the fuck, this is real?

Don-chan is real, he is strong, and he is my friend.

Oh, it's pretty easy if you find the right artist. There's one artist that I absolutely hate, but I have no examples or even a name because I hate him.

yep. C rank healer with an offensive soultimate in YW2..

Hi guys ! I'm one of the newfag who asked some questions about the game some days ago. I finally bought it and I'm having a lot of fun !

I'll add my friend codes when I'm out of work.

I just had a question: does E/D ranks and stuff can become "stronger" or are they doomed to be trash later on ?

Some evolve into better things via level up or fusion, but others are doomed to be E/D ranks. There are items that only work for said ranks that grants 30 stats for speed and one other stat though.
Any particular thing you're using?

Ok thank you !
I really like the cicada even if it's trash so I wanted to know if it can evolve or become decent.

the rest of what I'm using isn't important so it's not a big deal if they are trash forever

Cadin evolves (C), though his evolution also has a rare recolor (B rank) available later in the game. Both do relatively the same thing though.

I see thank you. I guess rank C/B is trash later on right ?

Yeah, at some point, C-ranks will be trash-ish. And even some E-ranks still have useful skills (e.g, Wantston)

post-game yeah. Anything goes for maingame though.

I still think they're holding back on showing all the new Yokai. Will May cororcoro get more info?

>hanahojin is one of few useful dranks online
Gets me every time

>Inaho prepares to be the center of a recolor sandwich.png

There are items very late in-game that boost E-Rank's power and defense. I gave them to Komasan and Komajiro and although it didn't make them powerful, they're not useless anymore.

that's nothing. Biyaku (that lady legs yokai) is an E rank that gets used a lot thanks to her x3 care effect thing going on. Her skill grants one, and she can equip two items at once, so people often give her two of those souls that grant care effect, stacking to regen allies HP almost 6-9% per turn/move. Often paired with Black Oni.

YW2 metagame too strong

What determines how many items a yokai can hold or not?

Now I'm curious.

It's usually set for each yokai (Swelton will awalys get 2 slots, Snartle 1, etc). E/D ranks seem to often get more item slots than the higher ups.

Busters allow for 2 slots for everyone though. I think they're for specific items.

kinda wish level-5 stepped up with taking down hacked teams on ranked and unranked battles though. Getting 999'd over and over is just no fun

holy fuck. I can't stop playing. someone kill me.

It's good to see us alive again

WAKE UP, THREAD

never. Even when you're done, you'll come back for the gemnyans

Couldn't stop playing YW1 until I was done either.
Now in YW2, 26 hours in and still D rank.

bitch I'll poke your eye out for waking me!

is he (You)?

I might need level 3 for trillions.

Conpunzers get out

they are the bones behind the foundation of YW. They'll never go, ever.

Compunzers removed NEVER EVER

can her mind deal with all the vader modes surrounding her?

part 2 never ever

Wibble Wobble might be having an even stronger effect on me. I cant stop linking and popping.

That's a pretty sweet guide, for a game that's not even out yet especially.

>released almost 2 years ago
>not even out yet

In burgerland, anyway.

Oh my swirls! Can't wait for the rest.

>get shura kimagure gate
>it's a rare recolor
>want to save outside and re-enter
>it just disappears
fuck

there was someone back on /v/ before YW1's release in the US that cared enough to make that guide, along with the baby's FAQ. I doubt they're still hanging around, but man is he based.

Oh Christ, has it turned into Pokemon already?

Looks like I won't be playing online, then.

>implying it hasn't been since YW2's release
It's fun and games for the first 1000-1500 or so, but then you dive right into the dump beyond 2200.
Thus is the fate of competitive online.
I am also referring to legit hacked teams. youtube.com/watch?v=fXFPyApc4XU

>It's fun and games for the first 1000-1500 or so, but then you dive right into the dump beyond 2200.
What does this mean?

essentially a lot of people are usually experimenting with whatever teams when first going to competitive battles (in YW2 everyone starts at 0, ranks go up to 3000). So you get a good variety of duels in early stage battles. There's eventually a stopping point where everyone starts using the same teams though and stops having fun with team construction, usually above 2k.

Seems like people aren't too happy about the YW crossover. Something about immersion breaking or something.
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/291301-What-s-with-people-saying-Yokai-Watch-looks-out-of-place

Honestly that's kind of the feel i got from it too. Mostly from how some of the weapons looked, The subtly designed ones can blend in fine but others stick out a lot since you see the whole character on them.

the weapons were designed by level5 I think, so it might have something to do with that. You think it would be different if SE designed the weapons/characters instead?

That's possible. And yeah while the level-5 designs are kind of goofy and colorful i think that's well in tone with the series.

It'd be interesting to see what SE would designed if they took inspiration from those youkai.

But i dont think it's a very big deal that people say they're "immersion breaking". Depending on each individual's suspension of disbelief there's always going to be something that breaks your immersion in a game, especially an MMO. Bikini armor being just one but prominent example.

pastebin.com/RFjLXGH2

You're so lewd, thread! You're terrible, terrible people! This chapter's almost to the climax!

Is it even possible to beat wibble wobble McKracken without at least one healer? This damage is crazy and there's two fucking phases.

If your whole team is Lv 50 and you have insane Soultimates, I guess. I have no idea how the fuck they expect a team of all Brave Tribe to do it, since Brave has no healers.

I wanted to grind him for money, but even with 3 healers his 2nd phase destroys me because by the time his mouth orb thing appears, the mustaches come back.

Yeah i dont know how they expect an all Brave or Shady team to beat him, you'd pretty much need a full team of S ranks for that kind of job if you have no heals.

I mean i guess with full level 50s, leveled up soultimates, and playing out of your damn mind it could be possible but that's still a maybe. Burning him down isnt really feasible for his second stage because of the whiskers and the shield he has over his core. You'd need to time your pops for Fever Time and save your soultimates while still damaging his outer shell.

Very much possible with a team you build your own way but with no healers or any support like that i dont know how it can be done.

I use my aoe soultimates for that. After i open it if one or both come back i use them in that brief period of time before he closes up again.

>in that brief period of time before he closes up again.
This is my problem. By the time I have another attack charged, he's closed.

You could ignore the mustache and just attack his chin, but you'd get assfucked.

I tried using a team of Lv 50 Shogunyan and 5 healers and STILL lost.

Yeah, combat looks way better this time. I'm fine with the first two's, but this seems like it'll have much more to it with positioning and all.

I hope we get news on 2 in the west soon so we can get 3 sooner.

Personally i saved my Shogunyan super for his mouth and damaged his whiskers and shell with regular wib wobs or weaker damaging soultimates. I also tried to save my Fever Time for when one or more whiskers was up. I find that Shogunyan can damage his core really well but i guess mileage does vary depending on what other youkai you're using. If you have weaker attack youkai, his soultimate's damage will reflect this by doing noticeably less. I found having more than 2 healers wasnt good for me since they usually deal so little damage for being popped.

I honestly doubt 3 will happen. NoA's shitty advertising and their clear lack of giving a shit about the IP, combined with "gaming journalists" screaming about "LOL POKEMON KILLER" for clickbait ruined the game's reputation before it was even fucking released.

The anime got some attention on Twitter from the ridiculous censoring in the dub, but of course, nothing came from it and people forgot the next day.

The only thing supporting YKW right now is the insane toy sales (for some reason,) WibWob events/cash shop money, and for some reason the dub is popular on TV (and if Twitter if anything to go by, Netflix.)

Level-5 claims the 3DS game is doing fine in America, but I think they're a little bit lying. If NoA gave a fucking shit and all of the marketing didn't rely on fucking Hasbro showing off the watch toy, things might be better.

I honestly don't see us getting Busters, the 3 Kingdoms spinoff, or YW3. The 3DS will be dead long, long before we could ever get 3, that and Inaho's anime debut isn't for another 30+ episodes in the dub.

The IE games sold 200K tops in Europe and they were considered successes, and that's about how much YKW1 sold in the US last year alone.

They also ported IE3 to the 3DS for purpose of localization, so they could do the same for YKW3.

I see the spin-offs being skipped, though. If they do that YKW3 could come next year should 2 come this year, that's plenty fine.

Nah i think we'll still get them. Marketing aside the secondary stuff is still doing well. I mean as long as they're making a profit i dont see why they'd stop. All we can do is continue to show our support and hope it's enough to get the rest of the games. The series shows no signs of dying in Japan and as long as level-5 is still working on new stuff for it there's always the chance we'll see it localized.

I doubt spinoffs coming (mostly because licensing, fuck that new ghostbusters movie reinforcing the IP).
YW3 is a bit of a stretch though, unless Level-5 decides to port all three games (or just the third game) into whatever new handheld/console nintendo for rerelease.

>The IE games sold 200K tops in Europe
Seriously? But it just came out like a day ago, didnt it?

>fuck that new ghostbusters movie reinforcing the IP
I really, really wanted to play Busters, too. I don't know Japanese and don't want to just guess through the game.

Inazuma Eleven. The second was the best selling in Europe at a little over 200K.

Inazuma Eleven has been out for a while there I think. Did way better there than the US since soccer is more popular in EU,