previous thread >Skill Tree Beta Stream on April 22nd:
steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/368542585862901723/

>Skill Tree Beta Calculator
payday.drakendomain.net/

>Upcoming Payday 2 Tournaments:
overkillsoftware.com/payday2-tournament/

>Impending Skill Tree Revamps:
steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/10/

>Extremely In-Depth Guide on the Mechanics of PAYDAY 2 (think Frank found a new maintainer)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=267214370

>Skill/Weapon Stat Calculator:
pd2skills.com/

>Skilltree Guide (slightly out of date):
i.imgur.com/nUXjB3J.png

>Perk Deck Guide:
i.imgur.com/E6x18Bt.png

>Stat Ranking and Breakpoints (slightly out of date):
i.imgur.com/TY14uav.png

>Weapon/Armor/Damage/Pickup Spreadsheets (not up to date):
pastebin.com/dSyuTzdt

>Big Oil Engine Calculator:
payday2skills.ru/bigoil.html

>PAYDAY Wiki:
payday.wikia.com/wiki/PAYDAY_2

>Latest Updates Here:
steamcommunity.com/app/218620

>Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/itfeelslikesomethingsintheair

>Mods and Lua:
pastebin.com/E3m0uKKn

>Weapon skin previews
pd2stash.com/

>Daily Dose
fuldans.se/?v=bawawkvbhb

>To get to the Commissar, you have to THINK like the Commissar.

Fuck off commie poster

>hides in a closet and drinks a martini
The cops will get you before you get me, asshole.

Friendly reminder that hoxhud is shit and you should kill yourself if you use it.

Friendly reminder that tripfagging is against the rules and you should kill yourself for it.

Friendly reminder that armour is shit and you should kill yourself if you use it.

fun fact time!
If you dissolve Hydrogen Chloride in water, you get Muriatic Acid. Similarly, the fumes that come off of Muriatic Acid are Hydrogen Chloride.

So basically, there are 2 ingredients. Lye and Hard Water Scale Remover.

>Hosting Goat sim OVK
>get 3 non infamies each carrying 4 faks
>somehow got through the first day
>on the second day they all go into custody before the cage parts show up

This game seriously needs an infamy filter

9th for sentries being fine for the first time in years.

does anybody have a link to skin unlocker for payday 2? haven't played for a while.

69420th for dodge/grinder being useless with the new beta on DW

Get gude get hoxhude

>hes not using muscle dodge

I guess I did. Sorry.

I saw the lobby pop up and disappear repeatedly presumably because people kept joining and quitting they can't get carried quickly and I wanted to throw some javelins. It was pretty hard because the host had a shitty connection so I couldn't even use the purple landing zones to jump down. Always had to walk back down and get shot at by 20 cops shooting through walls from the ground because they're actually next to me shooting at me all heist.

There's a mod for that. People will shit on you for using it

>Shock and Awe aced 20% faster reload speed
>Bloodlust aced 50% faster reload speed
>LMG with Bulletproof aced for shield, Body Expertise aced for spraying everything

only the swat van can stop me now

Friendly reminder that Overkill will eventually take the 5% dodge from the suit and charge us to buy it back.

wheres the pdg-tan lewds

get rude, get legendary skins.

rrer

>not just making another OP perk deck cucking all the old ones

Don't underestimate those jews.

I'm sure at some point they're going to realize how fucked the balance is with HP regen becoming so commonplace.
Nerfing Grinder was probably taking a few steps towards that but let's be real here, every perk deck and their mother has HP regen now.

23rd for gay scalies.

OVK hates it when people call their DLC p2w.

Grinder's OP-ness was probably an accident and they have no idea how to fix it.

It's also why after the first round of nerfs to Grinder, they gave half of the existing perk decks health regen or buffed existing health regen. It's why Ex-Presidents exists in the first place. They want to make people think that they're fair and balanced and not the kind of devs that would put the good shit behind paywalls. But they totally do.

I'd prefer if, instead of nerfing Grinder, they just brought everyone else up to that level. If your goal is to get people to use different decks, people will just move on to the next OP one and still never use the shit tier.

>I'd prefer if, instead of nerfing Grinder, they just brought everyone else up to that level.
Powercreep is never the answer.

Especially when DW is such a joke.

powercreep is an inevitable part of game systems with periodic releases. The goal is not to completely avoid it, but to control it in a systematic way.
One way is to provide additional interactions or benefits which make the older, less powerful versions more appealing. Another is to provide updates and additional power to the older ones.

Saying "that thing you had no longer does what it did" is a radical fix which should only be used in the most dire of unbalancing situations, which is almost impossible to come by in a game with no PvP.

Powercreep is easy to curb.

Just fucking test your shit before launch.

OVK never tests their shit. They're the "We test on production" camp of devs.

It's why we have retarded shit like the month-long Spotter crash debacle. And so many hotfixes weeks later for basic shit that they could've caught or fixed before they even started working on the DLC.

>Throw all the coke off the penthouse.
>Hide in the bathroom and shittalk the rest of the crew.
>Vault doesn't open.
?????

>just test your shit before launch
yeah, no.
Ever play a CCG? Even the good ones, the ones where they objectively have months to years of playtesting cards before putting them out in new expansions, still end up releasing strictly better versions down the line, because setting aside the profit motive of "they want you to buy the new shit" if they simply want you to play the new shit, there has to be a reason, which means it has to, in some way, be better than what you're currently using.

They really should just give the older perk decks stuff to help them out a bit.
Or ideally, not give us shit like Maniac.

Why the fuck would you give us a perk deck that useless?
It's a completely contradictory deck. You have to be going like a hard cunt to get the most out of the deck but then you're going to get torn if you do and the damage null doesn't really make Maniac worth using.
May as well have just taken the complete piss and given us Armour Grinder.

Because our dear swedish devs want to stay true to the concept of one perk deck for each heister.

Still wondering about what Sydney's perk deck will be about.

>Still wondering about what Sydney's perk deck will be about.

I don't know but it'll be the most Aussie thing OVK has ever created and will bring forth a shitstorm the likes of which we have never seen.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was just like Ex-Presidents and Maniac and introduced a useless new bar.

Maniac might've worked if they did it better. Maybe make it so when damaging/killing enemies it fills your mania bar. When your armor is broken your mania takes over and acts as a second tier of armor that also gives you movement speed and damage buffs. Maybe make it so you have lower health overall and can't wear the ICTV either. And some kind of health regen because no tree is relevant without that now.
It will be centered around having your husband put you in a video game, spray tan, and botox.

I think the key issue from Maniac is that you lose Hysteria Stacks in such large chunks and you can't max out your bar straight away. You have to go hard to max out as much as you can then repeat until your bar has maxed.

If you just removed the limit which stops you from being able to reach the cap and making the drop from inaction lessened, it might actually be alright.

It works in OVK difficulty, it's good enough for the devs.

i actually like the new skill system, it feels more fluid than the old one and it at least tries to make previously useless skills have SOME practical use

Safes

>Grinder's OP-ness was probably an accident
I fucking hate how OVK completely out of touch with reality. It was hilarious at first, but it quickly got old. I mean to realize how broken grinder was on release all they needed is to boot up the game and play it. Not even in public lobbies, not as beta test, just fucking play it in offline mode. I would gladly jump on the ovk-hate bandwagon and just call them powercreeping jews, but after gems like "dodge needs a buff to be on par with armor" in the live fucking stream, i'm 100% sure that designers at ovk either have no idea what happening in their own game or just don't care about it.
IIRC, in the last stream, Jules said that they realize that they making players much stronger, and that they need to go back and buff enemies a bit.

This is a nice idea, actually. Maybe do some kind of anti-yakuza, with -65% to armor regenerate speed and bonuses when armor is broken. Kinda like Krieg from borderlands 2.
Second tier of armor will make it too similar to armorer though, i think.
I wonder if we will get another full deck rebalance, or just some fixes to hitman, and maybe yakuza? I also really hope they will get rid of shit like helmet popping or walk-in closet. Those perk cards should a baseline skills.

Tell me it ain't true, tell me no more lies. Tell me they didn't fuck up Akimbo?

they fucked up a lot of stuff apparently

No, i mean can I still go dodge+akimbo in DW?

get ballistic vests. LBV is the new suit, even has the same concealment with the right skills.

I miss playing games on a 486...

>those perks should be baseline skills
>they will be in place in literally any deck you use

how is that not baseline? The only people who wouldn't get it are complete shitters who aren't even level V yet.

Wait, Crook is good? Well this makes me a happy boy

I mean they should be in game by default since everyone have them anyway, no need to have them as perk cards. This will allow to make perk decks smaller and tweak interface a bit.

You can get 25 dodge with sneaky bastard and the lbv.

Which is the easiest loud DW?

Mallcrasher.

Four stores, c4, hide in a corner, then run. Zero effort required.

>tfw new skills are so good, a pub thought I was cheating when a dominated cop traded himself

I remembered blazing through all 5 armored transports but you need 2 c4 guys and a saw.

KILL JEWISH CHILDREN

Don't act dumb.

YEAH

What's the best heist, and why is it Big Bank?

fucking hell lads

clusterfuck central

because Big Bank makes everything useful. Every loud build can be used because the heist is full of small corridors as well as big halls, you can go up and down the staircases to put yourself in a better position, there's a variety. Even shaped charges and saws are alright.
Personally, my favorite loud heist is FWB, but it really isn't designed as well as Big Bank.

And to think, when Big Bank was first released, /pdg/ universally agreed it was shit.

But then, any change they make is always going to be rated as shit. Until something new comes along, then the new thing is shit while the last change was golden.

...?

thats not sokol or clover

Oh fuck, have a pdg-tan .

that's still not sokol or clover

Good SMG to use with Berserker?
I think krinkov is ok, because you can 1 headshot grays with revive health.
Also, is Berserker even viable now? I use it with Thanatos to 2 shot dozers (1 shot on OVK but who the hell plays it lmao).

>pdg-tan is tanned
Noice.

>good smg
Why is this thread nothing but memes?

Shit man, I ain't got much.

Vector is pretty nifty. Eighteen gorillion rounds per minute and a decent pickup make the exact damage numbers less important.

Then post Jimmy

Hey look its Jesus

more like pdg-tanned

Agressive Reload Aced + Inspire (+ Running From death) + Thanatos = sanic reload.
>but still no run&reload
Overkill please.

don't forget about bloodthirst. I'm fucking one-shotting cloakers with Infiltrator and katana.

>Play a Frenzy build
>Unable to stun anything because a light tasing kills all mooks in one hit

>Join a random pub shadow raid
>Going pretty well, half way done, nobody has fucked up yet
>Suddenly every camera explodes and every guard on the map dies
>Literally every other person in the game says "wtf" in text chat at the same time as the alarm goes off

I just wanted to steal some shit, not play Professor Layton and The Dodgy FBI Files

What is this scooby doo bullshit

CMP. Just try, you'll thank me later.

>using the Thanatii unironically

that's not Sokol, that's Houston.

awoooooooo

>And to think, when Big Bank was first released, /pdg/ universally agreed it was shit.
I never saw /pdg/ complain about Big Bank's design except when talking about the stealth, even on release.

>he doesn't use the jack of all trades bug to get FAK and medic bags at the same time.

>And to think, I pulled shit out my ass to try and defend this shitty game.

>Started playing pokemon while waiting for drills because it's not like I have to try anymore.
>Discover the western version of the game I got has a shitty minesweeper clone at the game corner instead of the traditional slots.
Thanks Overkill.

Hello heisters! New side jobs are out!

Today's Daily Side Jobs are:
- Diamonds Are Forever (diamonds_are_forever)
- Earn Some Pocket Money (earn_250k_cash)

Keep those helmets flying! ;)

>mfw seeing people going AFK on bank heist stealth after finally putting the drill,

What happened to friendly chats and stuff in those stealth jobs ?

Please, you're only in my DW lobby because I want the crew alive bonus. I could care less about friendly chats.

Does having 4 players with each 6% team bonuses really make a difference in terms of money or xp ?

+24% on a $24 mil payout from Aftershock DW is a lot.

+24% from 3 mil+ exp from Rats PrOVK is a lot.

+24% from a $50 mil OVERDRILL job is a lot.

Soon ;)

where the sokol lewds

Money aint worth shit and if you want EXP Cock Off would be better for your time and not require puppeteering four people into the positions and doing the puzzle floor.

tumblr

7 bags of Cook Off in OVK won't get you 3 mil+ exp compared to a non-Pro Rats OVK. Cook Off is an inefficient method of exp / time.

Can't even join a lobby with 100 bags sitting in the house for burst because most of the exp comes from the exp trigger of cooking a bag instead of securing it.

but i dont like most of those ones

Learn to draw your own then.